PDA

View Full Version : how much can fat deficiency hamper weightloss?

peatr99
09-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I know about how healthy fats and good and help and everything. But I was just wondering if lack of enough good fats can be the reason I'm not losing weight despite cutting calories?

I have trouble getting enough fat in and I'm going to get more serious about tracking it more consistently but I'm wondering if this could be the reason I stopped losing weight

Wayward
09-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Too many carbs and not enough fats can definitely affect your weight loss goals. Look up insulin resistance / insulin sensitivity and you can see some pretty well written articles. Just based on the nature of the body it's tough to say 'how much' it would affect an individual since there are so many variables between different people.

You need carbs, but need to be selective about the types you choose and when. Good fats - very important.

I go up and down with my carbs during the week depending on if I am doing resistance training or cardio, and the method seems to work well for me.

peatr99
09-23-2009, 01:54 PM
right, thanks. I consider myself pretty well informed in the area and I carb cycle as well mostly low GI carbs and dextrose PWO etc so I thoguht I had everything set except the fats and that might be the problem

Wayward
09-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Yeah... I'd be willing to bet if you drop carbs a little and get some good fats in place of it, you'll see better results.

How are your daily macros set up?

Also, if you don't already use it... fitday.com is an awesome tool.

peatr99
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
yep thanks for all the help