PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble coming up with foods to cut with...

spectralshadow
09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I rarely have time to cook [most of my calories are liquid, or about as "liquid" as a bako shake can get] except in the evening [and sometimes not even then].

That's not really a problem when I'm bulking, since most of my foods are based around a modified bako shake and fattier meats. [avg. around 3200-3600 calories per day on workout, 2800-3000 rest days].

Now, for the cut... I don't have a lot of options. I can't cook or heat up anything in the morning or for lunch. I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to what to eat during lunch and breakfast.

I've been debating if I should throw in a few vegetables [I don't get many as-is] with some Nitrean, oats, and natural PB [mixed with water] for the morning [dreading the taste of this though], and I haven't been able to come up with anything for the lunch. Normally for dinner I'll just have a pound or so of lean beef or venison, or a ham/egg/cheese omelet. As I said, I virtually get no vegetables or fruits in my diet.

My macros range anywhere from 175-250g protein/day, 140-185g carbs/day, and 130-160g fat/day during a bulk. My Bako shake makes up 97g/fat, 114g/carbs and 63g/protein, to put an emphasis on how much "liquid food" I do get.

joey54
09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Cook food in bulk on the weekends. You have to make the time. Are you still 17 and 170 lbs like your sig states? If so, losing weight might not be what you want to do yet.

Wayward
09-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I do most of my cooking on the weekends, like Joey said.

I'll make several days worth of chicken breast and brown rice. I also stock up on tuna and eggs; you can scramble eggs in a matter of minutes.

This morning I was in a pretty big rip to get out the door so I mixed up a shake and snagged a couple scoops of natty PB. It was plenty to last me to the next meal (tuna & 1/4 cup whole almonds to the side). Sometimes I eat pretty bland, but I am doing it just to fuel myself so I don't find it to be that big of a deal.

If you can afford, I'd grab a supply of bars and use them as long as they fit into your macros. They aren't a staple and I don't eat mine often, but if I absolutely need to get something in me I'll throw one back every now and again. It's better than not eating.

spectralshadow
09-25-2009, 05:19 AM
I do most of my cooking on the weekends, like Joey said.

I'll make several days worth of chicken breast and brown rice. I also stock up on tuna and eggs; you can scramble eggs in a matter of minutes.

This morning I was in a pretty big rip to get out the door so I mixed up a shake and snagged a couple scoops of natty PB. It was plenty to last me to the next meal (tuna & 1/4 cup whole almonds to the side). Sometimes I eat pretty bland, but I am doing it just to fuel myself so I don't find it to be that big of a deal.

If you can afford, I'd grab a supply of bars and use them as long as they fit into your macros. They aren't a staple and I don't eat mine often, but if I absolutely need to get something in me I'll throw one back every now and again. It's better than not eating.

I did the whole "cook in advance" thing with chicken, and I just got extremely bored of it; especially when it's cold. I have no problem with doing that, it's just that I don't know what I -could- do it with.

I use to eat a novus bar every morning and that'd last until lunch; now I just eat about 2 oz of peanuts, but I probably won't do that when I go back to cutting.

Tuna... Wow, I completely forgot about tuna. =o
I'll definately start eating that.

Yea, Joey. The weight is current. I'm just trying to drop the fat off [I'm still stuck around 13-15% BF, wanting to drop down to a stable 10-11%]. And of course, bulking doesn't aid that number.