PDA

View Full Version : Refeeding at higher body fat %?

JazzCatDRP
09-24-2009, 10:26 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading regarding refeeding. From what I'm gathering, they're very effective when you're cutting at low BF percentages, but what about higher body fat percentages? I'm floating around 20-25% body fat, and have hit a bit of a wall in my cut. Might a refeed do me some good?

JazzCatDRP
09-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Anyone? Buehler? Buehler?

twm
09-27-2009, 10:03 AM
what are your total daily cals at right now? are you actually counting cals? if you're still sitting at 20% and daily intake is low (2k), you need to add cardio or take a break to allow your metabolism to recover. opinions may vary. i'm willing to bet you're not counting calories and think you're eating a lot less than you really are.

JazzCatDRP
09-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm very religious about counting calories on fitday. I aim to eat 2000 cals a day, usually +/- 200 cals. I'm also aiming to eat my body weight in grams of protein a day, which I generally manage as well.

twm
09-27-2009, 10:24 AM
whats your current height and weight? how are you getting to 20%? you will need to either add in cardio and/or take a break from dieting to allow your metabolism to recover

are you weighing foods to the gram? precision counts.