PDA

View Full Version : Cutting weight

wvuminer
09-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey i'm new to the forum and would like to get some experienced knowledge. I finally got back into working out after about a 2 year break. I'm trying to cut weight but its just not happening. I've been fluctuating from about 275 to 280 over the past 6 weeks i've been working out. My diet consists of a small amount(one packet) of oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch i drink a protein shake with roughly 50g of protein and for dinner i've been eating mostly just protein(chicken, steak, etc.) and have cut all junk food and as much fats as possible from my diet. I take a pre-workout powder(just finished with a cycle of superpump) and a prohormone everyday. I'm getting more toned and definitely stronger i just can't get the weight off. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Eric

tom183
09-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Are you counting calories?

LuNa
09-25-2009, 07:02 PM
If you are getting more defined and stronger without the weight dropping you are recomping. This is actually great if you can do it and i would try to keep it up. Remember, you dont necessarily want to loose weight, you want to loose fat. You could get your bf% measured to see if you are dropping fat.

Also, count your calories.

wvuminer
09-25-2009, 07:15 PM
no I haven't been counting calories but I know i'm not taking in over 2000 calories/day

tom183
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
If you're maintaining a weight of 280lbs I would be surprised if you're eating under 2000 calories a day. In any case, start counting calories to see exactly where you're at.

wvuminer
09-26-2009, 10:26 AM
What I listed in my original post is what i've been eating...1 packet of oatmeal for breakfast, whey protein with water for lunch, and dinners consisting of grilled chicken breast....no snacks...i was told by someone to lay off the preworkout creatine NO mixture

LuNa
09-26-2009, 04:53 PM
If you are really eating that amount of cals, remember there are cals in drinks as well, than you should be dropping weight like mad. I eat more than you at 220 and im loosing 2lbs a week. What is your activity level like? How often do you workout?

Might be a good idea to see a doctor and have everything checked out.

Maybe stop with the prohormone aswell. This could have a serious impact on the functions of your body.

machaf
09-27-2009, 02:32 PM
I seemed to have hit a plateau last month and kept the same weight. I was keeping track of all my calories and everything was good. I didn't lose any weight for 4 weeks. So I switched up my cardio. I started doing HIIT two days a week (before I was doing low effort fat burn for 45-60 minutes).

Pounds have started coming off again since I made this change.

You must count calories if you want to lose weight. You'd be surprised how much you think you ate vs how much you really ate.

Sounds like your body is in survival mode and you've slowed your metabolism WAY down. (if you are eating only what you say) To lose two pounds a week you should be eating 2300 cals a day

XMadmanX
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
and have cut all junk food and as much fats as possible from my diet.

Fat is important, just track your calories have about 12 calories /lb of bodyweight

given'er
09-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Maintaining at 280lbs consuming 2000 cal/day? That just don't add up bro. I was consuming 2000-2500 cal/day at 180lbs and still dropping weight. Either you're not moving at all during the day or there is a whole lot of hidden calories in there somewhere. How tall are you?

Clifford Gillmore
09-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Maintaining at 280lbs consuming 2000 cal/day? That just don't add up bro. I was consuming 2000-2500 cal/day at 180lbs and still dropping weight. Either you're not moving at all during the day or there is a whole lot of hidden calories in there somewhere. How tall are you?

It does add up, it could be a point of the OP not reaching the daily calorie intake to hit his Base Metabolic Rate - So his body is holding onto EVERYTHING, just using enough energy to function.

Track your calories TODAY; www.fitday.com

Then Post up exactly what you do, everyday, for a week - along with any training you do. Sleep patterns, Vitamins, whatever. Post it all.

JerryCorbet
10-02-2009, 05:38 AM
If you are beginner at cutting your weight then start some basic like follow some basic diet plan and follow it.