PDA

View Full Version : EASY Chicken Parm

Cards
09-26-2009, 10:47 AM
First off, I love to cook and always have especially Italian food as my family is Italian, but I hate cleaning up and sometimes when I'm in a rush I just want some good quality food.

The other day I wanted some veal parm (love veal), but I didn't want to go through the entire process of egg, flour, bread crumbs, and then bake.

SO here is a simplified version of any type of parm (chicken, eggplant, veal) that can be done in all of 10 minutes with minimal cleanup.

You will need:
Chicken Breast (breasts...I cook 3 at a time)
Can of tomato sauce (NOT PASTA SAUCE just tomato sauce)
Favorite cheese
Flour
Oil

1.) Cut the chicken breast length wise through the middle to create to equally size THIN pieces. The key here is thin. It should look like this.

http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/51161998/Chicken_Breast.jpg

2.) Next, pound the chicken to make it flatter than it already is (the thinner the chicken the faster it cooks).

3.) Dip the chicken breasts in flour and cook in hot oil on the stove until the chicken is cooked. (2-3 minutes) It should be fast because the chicken is so thin.

4.) Put the cooked chicken on an oven safe pan, turn the broiler on and put your favorite cheese on top of chicken. Stick chicken with cheese under broiled for 2 minutes...just enough for the cheese to melt.

5.) Open the tomato sauce and poor it into the oil that you used to cook the chicken. The flour and oil will work the same way cornstarch and water does and thickens up the tomato sauce while adding flavor from the chicken.

6.) Put chicken with melted cheese on a plate and pour over sauce.

Easy, Simple, Fast. Great way to impress a girl or to create a great dinner on the fly. You'd be surprised at how good chicken parm tastes without the breadcrumbs.

http://www.josephtambellini.com/user/image/chicken_parm.jpg

Yes this picture has breadcrumbs lol, but it looks so good.

cj95
10-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Tried this recipe last night and it was amazing. Quick and simple. Great recipe!

Stumprrp
10-18-2009, 02:34 PM
nice man, im a big parm fan, but did i just hear an italian call it "sauce"? do you mean gravy? haha

ncsuLuke
10-18-2009, 02:35 PM
man that does look good...I might have to try that tomorrow night

DieselWarrior
10-18-2009, 05:59 PM
U made me hungry, and I hate you for it. <G> Nice pic, Ill have to try the recipe! Its hard to go wrong with a dish that has pasta and chicken on one plate!

Andrew

skinny99
10-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Man that looks great! Just a quick question,Why not pasta sauce? What is the difference? Just curious!

Skalami
10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
bookmarking this.

ncsuLuke
10-20-2009, 05:20 PM
made this tonight and wow it was amazing and really simple...clean up is a bit of a pain but not any worse than any real meal I cook

thanks for the recipe

Basshog
10-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Made it over angel hair...it was delicious

Cards
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
ha glad everyone liked it! I use plain tomato sauce so it doesn't take away from the chicken. pasta sauce tends to have to much flavor and that's all you can taste.

what you can do is dump the tomato sauce in the pan you cooked the chicken in, so good.

Mik
10-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I make the same recipe regularly and love it. The only thing I do differently is marinade the chicken for a few hours with lemon juice and garlic before preparing. It really adds a nice freshness.

Cirino83
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
looks delicious, will be trying soon. thanks

hugchirwil
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
looks delicious, will be trying soon. thanks

Good work !
Very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, I wanna see it finished!:clap:

Cirino83
10-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Good work !
Very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, I wanna see it finished!:clap:

thanks man! I'll be sure to post pics!

btw any idea where I can buy a tennis ball machine?

BP87
10-27-2009, 04:07 PM
tried that today, was amazing thanks!

doberman
10-27-2009, 08:01 PM
looks great can I ask though how much oil are you supposed to use in the pan? is it a case of deep frying the chicken in a few inches of oil ?

MarioCisneros
10-28-2009, 07:22 AM
That chicken in the picture looks super good brow! No doubt I will try it ;)

theman
11-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Does anyone know how much calorie this meal has? Thanks.

Jayfive
11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know how much calorie this meal has? Thanks.

He left amounts open (probably so you can customize it) but I'd assume:

2 chicken breasts
1- 8oz can tomato sauce
2 oz of favorite cheese (mozzarella probably)
1 tbs of olive oil

591 cals

25g of fat
12g carbs
73g protein

hardBODmiranda
11-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow! This recipe is so amazing, keep up the awesome work ^_^

Cards
11-26-2009, 01:32 PM
He left amounts open (probably so you can customize it) but I'd assume:

2 chicken breasts
1- 8oz can tomato sauce
2 oz of favorite cheese (mozzarella probably)
1 tbs of olive oil

591 cals

25g of fat
12g carbs
73g protein

This sounds about right, sorry for not responding sooner.

I put enough oil in the bottom of the pan to cover maybe (1/4) - (1/2) of the chicken. This isn't very much oil if you've pounded out the chicken. The thinner the chicken, the more surface area, the faster it cooks and the less oil you'll need.
Pounding out the chicken also helps to create an even base so that the chicken cooks equally at all parts. This helps to make the chicken more juicy and less likely to be over cooked.

I'm glad everyone finds this recipe helpful!

twm
12-06-2009, 02:20 PM
guys I didnt have any tomato sauce so I just used ketchup instead. its even better!!

kidding, I used tomato basil. thanks for the recipe.

twm
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM
this is a kickass recipe considering how long it takes to prep, eat and clean it. well done buddy.

Clover
01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
I made this tonight and it was amazing. I've never had chicken parm before but now I'll be eating it regularly.

mmagiant
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Post should have been called....whats for dinner tonight at my place. Thanks!