PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Gaining Weight!

Way2Skinny86
09-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Hello, thank you for looking into my post and hopefully giving me some ideas for a diet to gain weight.

Last year over a five month period I had gained 18lbs with a decent diet, weight lifting supplements, and working hard in the gym. Unfortunately having a busy summer in my job field I missed the gym and lost all my weight. I've also recently learned that I'm allergic to eggs and oats and that was a main part of my diet last year.....What do I do? any ideas for some diets or what things I should eat would be very helpful. Last year I started at 162lbs and ended 180lbs....I'd like to be 185-190lbs and keep it on....currently I'm 164lbs and lift 4 days a week, I want to make it happen. I'm taking 17-HD test booster, Size-On Creatine, Syntha 6 Protein, N.O. XPlode, optimen vitamins, and flax seed oil and if anybody has any suggestions of how much I should protein would be great too.....Thanx again for reading my post and helping me out.

tom183
09-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Last year over a five month period I had gained 18lbs with a decent diet, weight lifting supplements, and working hard in the gym. Unfortunately having a busy summer in my job field I missed the gym and lost all my weight. I've also recently learned that I'm allergic to eggs and oats and that was a main part of my diet last year.....What do I do?

Just do what you did last year but find an alternative for eggs and oats. They're by no means an essential part of any diet so it shouldn't be hard.

any ideas for some diets or what things I should eat would be very helpful.

Read the stickied thread 'What a Bodybuilder eats.' Just make sure you're eating more calories than you're burning.

I'm taking 17-HD test booster, Size-On Creatine, Syntha 6 Protein, N.O. XPlode, optimen vitamins, and flax seed oil

Way over the top imo. Get your diet sorted before worrying about supplements.

if anybody has any suggestions of how much I should protein would be great too

Aim for at least 1g pe pound of bodyweight.

LuNa
09-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Hello, thank you for looking into my post and hopefully giving me some ideas for a diet to gain weight.

Last year over a five month period I had gained 18lbs with a decent diet, weight lifting supplements, and working hard in the gym. Unfortunately having a busy summer in my job field I missed the gym and lost all my weight. I've also recently learned that I'm allergic to eggs and oats and that was a main part of my diet last year.....What do I do? any ideas for some diets or what things I should eat would be very helpful. Last year I started at 162lbs and ended 180lbs....I'd like to be 185-190lbs and keep it on....currently I'm 164lbs and lift 4 days a week, I want to make it happen. I'm taking 17-HD test booster, Size-On Creatine, Syntha 6 Protein, N.O. XPlode, optimen vitamins, and flax seed oil and if anybody has any suggestions of how much I should protein would be great too.....Thanx again for reading my post and helping me out.

Im wondering why you are taking a test booster when you dont even know how much protein you need?

Stumprrp
09-27-2009, 06:34 AM
eat like a pig and train like a maniac, thats all there is to it. if you cant eat eggs which i feel are a staple try having some other form of protein like tuna and cottage cheese

Nicky
09-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Drink a gallon of whole milk a day and eat everything. Spend money on food, not every crazy product on GNCs shelves. Just get some good whey protein and READ THE STICKIES! worked for me. :thumbup:

Way2Skinny86
09-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanx guys for all your helpful input I'm going to the grocery store to stack up for the week and eat like a monster.

Benj
09-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Drink a gallon of whole milk a day and eat everything. Spend money on food, not every crazy product on GNCs shelves. Just get some good whey protein and READ THE STICKIES! worked for me. :thumbup:

Hey nicky, iv just looked at your details here:

Bodyweight
Jan 09: 151 lbs
Jul 09: 201 lbs
Current:back up to: 202 lbs- Screw cutting! Abs are for high school kids.

Thats one hell of gains in 6months, just out of curoisty. Do you have any idea on how much of those gains are muscle?

Nicky
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Benj Im hoping for 30 lbs muscle 20 lbs fat. I was pretty skinny with skinny guy gut. My waist went up 2 inches or so and my arms are 3 inches bigger around. I did a small cut back down to 187ish but it was no fun so I am back on a bulk. My ribs dont show anymore so carrying around a few extra pounds of fat is no problem. BUT my abs dont show either. my avy pic was at 195 lbs.

Way2Skinny86
09-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey guys breakfast today was 1100 cals. lol I dont know how people eat like this haha. Breakfast Included cottage cheese, sausage links, english muffins with cream cheese and peanut butter dressing, bacon, orange juice, and apple juice. Stay Tuned....

Way2Skinny86
09-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Snack one 515 cals. Snack Included Protein shake with whole milk, a banana, and a apple.

Way2Skinny86
09-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Lunch was 575 Cals. Lunch included turkey and cheese sandwich with wheat bread and mayo. And some pretzels.