PDA

View Full Version : Squat

TankofZenzenBB
09-26-2009, 08:23 PM
I thought I would post this for form/technique issues. Last nights squat session I hit a p.r. It was the most weight Iíve ever held on my back. I was just going to do my heavy squat session at the rec center here at NIU. My teammate talked me into going to the gym. Iím usually not there on squat/deadlifts nights because I do all my squat/deadlift training at the rec center since itís a lot more convenient for me because of school. 650 felt good. 700 pounds was really easy. My coach, Dick Zenzen said to put 755 on the bar. This was my 5th time squatting in my altered briefs. They are metal pro briefs. I had my teammate take 1" in on the hips since they were so stretched out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhY0G1a1Rj4

if video doesn't work try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhY0G1a1Rj4

Brian Hopper
09-26-2009, 10:02 PM
It looked like your chest was down and you werent squeezing your shoulder blades together which made it look like your upper back was rounded. Try pointing your elbows down. But other then that it looked good for your first time handing that much weight. it was fast off the box. good job!!!

Pete22
09-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Looked solid to me man, it was a bit of a higher box, but you sat back well. You're definitely under good guidance there with Zenzen.

TankofZenzenBB
09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
It looked like your chest was down and you werent squeezing your shoulder blades together which made it look like your upper back was rounded. Try pointing your elbows down. But other then that it looked good for your first time handing that much weight. it was fast off the box. good job!!!

Thanks for telling me this. Dick told me that my chest was down.

Looked solid to me man, it was a bit of a higher box, but you sat back well. You're definitely under good guidance there with Zenzen.

Yeah the box could have been a little lower. Dick is a great coach. I can talk to him for hours about lifting. He was surprised I was their squatting. I should start going ever heavy squat night. Things can change when I got a exam the next day.

I tried uploading the video again. I donít know you can't play it on here

mastermonster
09-27-2009, 07:19 PM
It looked great to me too! Very strong! Tell that old gray haired man I said hello...and Zach too!

theBarzeen
09-27-2009, 08:19 PM
congrats..... it's amazing how much better everyone lifts when they have a team behind them huh?

TankofZenzenBB
09-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Yes it does. This tells me that i can't do anymore heavy squat training at the rec. @mastermonster i will tell Dick tonight since i got heavy benching tonight. I never see Zach anymore.