PDA

View Full Version : Briefs question

Detard
09-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I know there are quite a few threads about briefs already, but I just want to be sure i'm doing the right thing before I make the purchase. I squat in a single ply v-type, and i'm looking to add a pair of briefs underneith. Most people just want briefs for hip support, but i'd like something that I can get alot of pounds out of. I compete in the CPO so multiply is ok. Would the Metal Ace Pro briefs be an ok fit with the single ply V-type?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=204&pid=1448

Also is there any tips about sizing with these? i know with single ply gear it tends to be alot tighter, so how should I size the briefs?

It's a bit expensive for a student (me), which is why I want to be 100% sure 'im doing the right thing

Thanks in advance

Sean S
09-27-2009, 11:23 AM
How tight is your suit? If it's already really tight, you might not be able to get the Ace briefs under them since they are so thick. If the Ace briefs will fit under the suit, they would be a very good choice. If you need something thinner, viking briefs or inzer predators could work.

Lones Green
09-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Get the pro briefs or Inzer predators Detard

Detard
09-27-2009, 02:25 PM
How tight is your suit? If it's already really tight, you might not be able to get the Ace briefs under them since they are so thick. If the Ace briefs will fit under the suit, they would be a very good choice. If you need something thinner, viking briefs or inzer predators could work.

Its pretty tight already, but I can definitly fit briefs under it. If the Aces are really that thick, pro's would probably be a good idea.

Travis Bell
09-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Most of the guys at the gym like the preds best

barbell01
09-27-2009, 03:51 PM
i like boss briefs.....

Lones Green
09-27-2009, 04:03 PM
i like boss briefs.....

These are pretty gangsta briefs, but pretty thin too, which is good

Tom Mutaffis
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM
I have heard good things about the Predators (Inzer).

Some people like the Metal briefs as well but I believe they are a bit more expensive. I actually just use the Power Pants (cheap single ply) and they work well for what I need - protecting my hips and keeping everything tight; good starter briefs.

mastermonster
09-27-2009, 07:02 PM
I've never tried the Metal briefs or Predators. I've only used Titans Boss and Centurions for the past 5 years. The Boss are 'BAD A**' breifs! I can't imagine anything better, so I'll second the Boss recommendations. I get a lot of extra pounds out of them. I get at least 200 lbs. out of the Boss briefs, wraps and belt.

theBarzeen
09-27-2009, 08:21 PM
If space in the suit is an issue I'd go BOSS for sure..... if you can fit them under your suit the Ace briefs are pretty amazing......

Detard
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know canadian distributors?

douglasoh5
09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
preds all the way

theBarzeen
09-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know canadian distributors?

For metal gear elitefts has been good to me, but for Titan Ken Anderson has by far the best customer service around.... I'd imagine that either one would ship to Canada.....

Detard
09-28-2009, 06:49 PM
So I cant find any info on the predators? Or a site I can order them from or anything. I might just go with the Metal Pro's since I've ordered from EFS many times and i'm always pleased.

Cricket_Fire
09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Dan that's the same combo I use (Viking VStance and Ace Pro Briefs) - I get sick support out of the briefs

douglasoh5
09-28-2009, 10:15 PM
irongladiators.com they sell inzer ****.....or houseofpain.com get them gridstitched....will make them last a long time and give hella pop and stop....if your gona get metals and think the ace will be to thick then get the vikings.....there alot better than the pros......