PDA

View Full Version : Tom's Squats

tomv
09-29-2009, 06:00 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7tHtpoGAqSk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7tHtpoGAqSk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes, you will see thigh. Please shield your eyes from their ivory brilliance and instead simply critique the squat :).

BigCorey75
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Dear Lord i had to turn down the brightness of my screen to watch....lol j/k

Form looks good, only problem I see is that your hip tucks under you at the very bottom which can cause a lower back issues, when you hit that low try pulling yourself in the hole with your hip flexors and keeping your hip open and not tucking underneath

JSully
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
that 5th one was a grinder, good job!

How much weight is that? Form looks good to me, though you could be sitting back more IMO.

Lones Green
09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Did a great job of staying upright, didn't GM it

You must have a strong back?

Nicky
09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Re-racking the bar must be terrifying!

tomv
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
@BigCorey - You were warned mate :P I've been trying to fix my tail tuck for a while now, I'll give what you said a go.

@LittleJake - 110kg(242lbs). I'll give sitting back more a try.

@LonesXedge - It's funny mate, I have difficulty keeping a strong solid back when I deadlift but for squats it seems to be a different story. Thanks for that though :D.

@Nicky - Nah it's not too bad haha, just have to make sure you are paying attention.

LuNa
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Dear Lord i had to turn down the brightness of my screen to watch....lol j/k

Form looks good, only problem I see is that your hip tucks under you at the very bottom which can cause a lower back issues, when you hit that low try pulling yourself in the hole with your hip flexors and keeping your hip open and not tucking underneath

I wonder if pointing his elbows down more would help with keeping his arch more? What is your grasp on this?

BigCorey75
09-29-2009, 09:22 PM
I wonder if pointing his elbows down more would help with keeping his arch more? What is your grasp on this?

Possibly, but when i see people with that problem i try to have the learn to pull themselves down into the hole with the hip flexors, pulling them down will help keep the hip rotated back and keep the lower spine in a good safe strong position

tomv
09-30-2009, 04:07 AM
I think pulling elbows down generally helps with upper back tightness Luna, not so much lower back.

I'll try the hip flexor drill on my warmups on Friday.

BilltheButcher
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Rugby or Australian Rules FB?

tomv
09-30-2009, 05:20 PM
As in what do I play...? Or what do I follow?

I play neither, I wouldn't mind maybe giving rugby union or maybe rugby leage a crack one year but at the same time I couldn't be bothered getting injured. Australian Rules Football isn't as popular around the area where I live and there's too much running in that haha.

I watch some rugby league and union.

LuNa
09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I think pulling elbows down generally helps with upper back tightness Luna, not so much lower back.

I'll try the hip flexor drill on my warmups on Friday.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing it up.

XMadmanX
10-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Big day out singlet nice ahah

d0rkyd00d
10-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Possibly, but when i see people with that problem i try to have the learn to pull themselves down into the hole with the hip flexors, pulling them down will help keep the hip rotated back and keep the lower spine in a good safe strong position

This is something that's been bugging me for a while, because my lower back does the same thing at that depth. I feel like it's impossible when you go below parallel to avoid it, but I'd love to see a video of somebody hitting that depth without curling under at the bottom.