PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Advice about Diet

CycnuS
09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Hello.

5'9" 181 pounds, 14% BF.
Looking to get to 186 pounds and 10% BF within the next 6 months.

Workout schedule is WBB 1.1 routine (4 sessions per week), I also play in a soccer league that has 1 - 1 hour game per week and 1 - 1 hour practice per week.

After reading the following two articles:
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/eating-optimally-for-massive-size-and-strength/
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/

I have a few questions.

The bulk or cut article suggests that I eat for the weight I want to be. In this case I will be taking in 2976 cals per day. Does any one suggest against this?
If not my diet will consist of 372 g protein (1488cal) 186 g carbs (744 cal) 82 g fat (744 cal).
I plan on sticking with that amount of protein and adjusting the carb and fat count depending on if I lift that day or not. Days I lift will have more carbs and less fat and vica-versa.

This is my first time seriously sticking to a diet so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you feel that I can put on more muscle in the allotted time frame (6 months) I would like to know.

-_=CycnuS=_-

Sean S
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
If you've never followed a diet plan before, you are going to have to try something for while and see how you react. Your plan looks OK, although I'm not convinced you need that much protein. Either way pick an approach and stick with it for several weeks and see how you react. Then make adjustments as necessary. You're not going to know how much muscle you can gain until you try. Good luck.

CycnuS
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
If you've never followed a diet plan before, you are going to have to try something for while and see how you react. Your plan looks OK, although I'm not convinced you need that much protein. Either way pick an approach and stick with it for several weeks and see how you react. Then make adjustments as necessary. You're not going to know how much muscle you can gain until you try. Good luck.

Okay, thanks for the advice.
My next question is how long do I try before I switch (assuming that my body does not react well to this), 3 months, 1 month?

Sean S
09-29-2009, 01:59 PM
If you are making slow and steady progress, obviously don't change anything until you plateau. If you go two weeks or more with no change, then you can start tinkering with things. Track your protein, carbohydrate, fat, and calorie intake along with strength, weight, and body composition measurements that way you can make appropriate changes based on results and know exactly what worked and what didn't. There's also a chance you will lose weight too quickly and have adjust my increasing your intake, but that seems unlikely given the plan you laid out.

JerryCorbet
10-01-2009, 05:33 AM
Nice schedule for workout.It will surely helpful.But if your weight is more till now then look for any of the Body Contouring technique.