PDA

View Full Version : 3 years ago to now, fail.

Stumprrp
10-02-2009, 03:36 PM
WOW

i just got done looking at my old pictures and ive came to the conclusion that the last 25 lbs i have put on was all fat.

i really think its the camera, but i didnt take any pics but back double bicep because the rest were so terrible.

heres an old picture when i was 16 and around 200 pounds, im not sure what my lifts were.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20132&d=1142800286

and here is a picture now, HAIRY FAT AND 250

man, you would think id look better benching almost 600 pounds deadlifting over 600 pounds and squatting over 700 pounds. along with 300+ inclines, 400+ rows, and heavy ass arm work.

i suck, i almost want to cut, but my diet is too far gone.

im not sure of my measurements, arms are probably 17? chest is 52, and waist is a PLUMP 39.5

JSully
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
you look much wider and thicker, IMO

my waist is 40.5, I weigh 275lbs and you're strength tops mine...

**** it bro, just keep at it!!

If you're that worried about fat, then go on a recomp..

Invain
10-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Holy **** stump you're a solid freaking block.

Honestly it doesn't look that bad. My waist was 38" when I weighed 230 if that makes you feel any better lol.

tomv
10-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Holy **** stump you're a solid freaking block.

Hence the name I think mate haha.

Stump there are a lot of PL's that have gone through body recomp after years of terrible diet and I think now is a good time to start if it's an issue for you.

Mike Wolfe and Dave Tate come to mind. Wolfe especially as he lost a crapload of weight (something like 100lbs?) and still set new PR's.

Fuzzy
10-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Stump! Holy **** it has been a long time.

YOu are now officially a gorilla, you look great!

Stumprrp
10-03-2009, 06:34 AM
im serious guys, look up my pics when i was like 225, i looked fantastic, i just went through a little depression phase, hell i went to smokey bones for dinner and ordered plain pulled pork, turkey, broccoli, and corn. lol.

we will see, ill most likely ignore myself and keep going, but im still suprised how much fat ive put on.

what size pants do you all wear? i can still snug into old 38 dress pants but i need a belt (loose belt) with a 40

sharkall2003
10-03-2009, 06:39 AM
You're right, Stump. You look bigger, but considerably fatter. Have you thought about going with a generally diet here at WBB? Not a GOMAD and SEEFOOD diet that some people advocate. Keep your fats high, keep protein high, and severely restrict carbs for 24 weeks and see where you're at.

sharkall2003
10-03-2009, 06:41 AM
IF it helps stump, I have a 43 inch waist around the belly button. I have no idea why it's so damn big. I'm not fat, either and I'm 247. I guess I'm built like a square. Ha.

Invain
10-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I was wearing 38's for pants dude.

Stumprrp
10-03-2009, 10:08 AM
i cant go on a low carb diet, i have tried it, i lose strength and weight too fast and im too hungry.

im just complaining, im still getting stronger and thats all that matters right now, ill get my 600 bench @ 20 yrs old NATURAL.

jreed110
10-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Forget the diet, an all over body wax would take about 30lbs off you!

Fuzzy
10-03-2009, 10:53 AM
i cant go on a low carb diet, i have tried it, i lose strength and weight too fast and im too hungry.

im just complaining, im still getting stronger and thats all that matters right now, ill get my 600 bench @ 20 yrs old NATURAL.

DNP. Just saying.

Detard
10-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Stump your definitely huge man. You gotta think about your goals. Would you rather be lean, but weak, or big/fat and strong? I weigh only 215, and I feel like i'm fat, but I dont want to cut because A, I like getting strong, and B, I just wouldnt feel good at a lower weight.

It's pretty clear what your goals are, (to get as strong as possible and bench 600), so do whatever you ahve to do to attain those goals, then take a step back and reevaluate your goals.

Good to see youa round man

twm
10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
youve unmistakably gained a lot of muscle and fat. i would try to hit that 600lb bench and diet down to a reasonable level. good luck man

d0rkyd00d
10-03-2009, 01:18 PM

I'm very satisfied with my results so far on carb cycling. I'm going to put up pics in about 4-6 weeks, but I'm still increasing in all my lifts, and I'm rarely hungry. Plus, a high carb day after a low carb day, to me, makes it sustainable, because you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I think it's slower, but for me it's worth it to not lose muscle. I've probably done it for 4 weeks now, and I'm seeing more definition than I've seen in a while.

Clifford Gillmore
10-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Don't be such a girl Rob. You look huge, you also look hairy. Great work!! :)

Stumprrp
10-03-2009, 03:09 PM
i know im being a fool and im really not too sloppy in person, i mean when i was 220 i think i had a 37 waist and now im 39.5? i mean for a 30 lbs gain i dont think thats too too bad.

regardless, im going to clean up my diet and try to maintain, probably replace itself overtime.

it sucks now that im 20 and i have no chance of being the best without taking steriods, it frustrates me, but ill keep hitting the gym hard like i am now, i cant sleep after some workouts because im sore.

Clifford Gillmore
10-03-2009, 03:20 PM
it sucks now that im 20 and i have no chance of being the best without taking steriods, it frustrates me, but ill keep hitting the gym hard like i am now, i cant sleep after some workouts because im sore.

Rob, don't be frustrated that you think you can't be the best with out anabolics. Be frustrated that no matter how much you pump into your body, there will always someone who will beat you! Such is life :) Keep SFW!!

Invain
10-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Stump your definitely huge man. You gotta think about your goals. Would you rather be lean, but weak, or big/fat and strong? I weigh only 215, and I feel like i'm fat, but I dont want to cut because A, I like getting strong, and B, I just wouldnt feel good at a lower weight.

It's pretty clear what your goals are, (to get as strong as possible and bench 600), so do whatever you ahve to do to attain those goals, then take a step back and reevaluate your goals.

Good to see youa round man

You can be strong and lean, it just takes extra dedication as far as die is concerned to maintain strength while cutting weight. One of my biggest influences is Sam Byrd. 1000+ squat at 198 and has competed as a bodybuilder.

Stump I know you don't wanna risk losing any strength, but have you considered the damage you could do in a lighter weight class if you lost weight? I might be doing a meet later in October and I'm pretty sure I'll do better if I can get down to 198 instead of lifting in the 242's, which is where I was before I cut. All personal preference I guess, some guys wanna move the biggest weight possible, others go for the best strength:weight ratio.

Stumprrp
10-03-2009, 07:31 PM
too me strength and weight ratio doesnt mean anything, the biggest weight is the biggest weight. ive done the STRICT diet thing, ask chris mason he set it up for me, i lost about 15 pounds in three weeks and all my lifts went down. my training partner feels that as a natural lifter its not worth it dieting to go down a weight class but just clean up the diet and see how things work over time.

and if i were you i would not try to diet 40 pounds to compete in the 198s, see how you do at 220.

sharkall2003
10-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Stump, when I came on this site I was 186 lbs. I had good blood pressure, low cholesterol, no heartburn, asthma RARELY acted up, never had joint problems. Since I followed the "eat what you want" lift big weights diet I have raised my blood pressure, raised my cholesterol, i have CHRONIC heartburn, asthma is always acting up and I weight 247lbs and have tons of stretch marks to prove that I'm obese.

Get strong if you want, but just because we're young doesn't mean we're invincible. Life is short. There is no guarantee of anything after this life. Stay healthy, lift strong, lift smart, and live long.

Fuzzy
10-04-2009, 01:03 AM
too me strength and weight ratio doesnt mean anything, the biggest weight is the biggest weight. ive done the STRICT diet thing, ask chris mason he set it up for me, i lost about 15 pounds in three weeks and all my lifts went down. my training partner feels that as a natural lifter its not worth it dieting to go down a weight class but just clean up the diet and see how things work over time.

and if i were you i would not try to diet 40 pounds to compete in the 198s, see how you do at 220.

It's a matter of priorities bud.

For me it got to the point where my gut began affecting my lifting cause I couldn't stay tight in the full position.

It sounds like strength is your mistress.

Stumprrp
10-04-2009, 06:28 AM
allen - my blood pressure is 115/75 and my doctor hasnt mentioned my cholestorol, i also have no problem breathing. 247 lbs is not obese dude, watch the biggest loser. thats obese.

i understand all of these consiquences, i was told to go up to a full 275 but i dont want to, i rather just stay this weight and try to slowely overtime become 250 lbs and jacked, instead of 250 lbs and bulky.

sorry if this thread is out of hand, i was just shocked with how i look.

and if your all wondering, i do GPP twice a week for about a half hour, hey its a start...

sharkall2003
10-04-2009, 07:37 AM
allen - my blood pressure is 115/75 and my doctor hasnt mentioned my cholestorol, i also have no problem breathing. 247 lbs is not obese dude, watch the biggest loser. thats obese.

i understand all of these consiquences, i was told to go up to a full 275 but i dont want to, i rather just stay this weight and try to slowely overtime become 250 lbs and jacked, instead of 250 lbs and bulky.

sorry if this thread is out of hand, i was just shocked with how i look.

and if your all wondering, i do GPP twice a week for about a half hour, hey its a start...

There are different levels of obesity, bro. You have being overweight, obesity, morbidly obese, etc. Having larger than a 40" waist puts a person at many different physical setbacks: heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. I'm not saying you're not in good shape. Some of it is genetics. I'm just saying be careful.

If lifting heavy and hard is your thing, that's awesome. Just make sure you keep your health.

It's been said a lot on the forums that YOU WILL NOT be prolonging your life by adding tons of weight and lifting as heavy as you possibly can with the eat just about anything you want diet.

Not to mention there are numerous studies that have demonstrated that a Reduced Calorie Diet prolongs life by decreasing rates of cancer, disease and various other sicknesses.

You have definitely put on some mass. You look very thick. Just make sure you don't overdo it. Good luck!

Invain
10-04-2009, 10:17 AM

I've already lost about 25 pounds, sitting around 205-210 when I'm fully carbed and hydrated. I'm pretty sure I can already make 198 if I diet hard and cut enough water.

So far I've gained 5 - 10 pounds on my deads, 5 pounds on my front squat, and various other lifts have gone up nicely. The only thing I've lost some on is bench, and mainly because I had a slight pec tear that kept me from benching heavy for a couple months. Obviously gaining 5 pounds on a lift over a several month period isn't impressive, but when you've lost 20+ pounds of fat anything in the positive direction is good. Nothing is impossible man.

Sensei
10-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I think all of us deep down want to look better. Cleaning up your diet is a great place to start. I don't think a healthy diet precludes getting as big as possible, just makes it harder. Long(er) term, it's the only way to go.

FWIW, eating healthy doesn't mean you have to eat nothing but raw veggies, cottage cheese, and tuna out of can... I'm always amazed at how LONG people can maintain a restricted diet - I wouldn't last a week on any of those!!! I've never understood cutting and probably never will.

Stumprrp
10-04-2009, 10:45 AM
im with you sensei i will never understand it even though i did it four years ago for like 8 months lol

allen i know what your saying, everyone is different. i know someone who turned 90 yesterday and he is still 200 pounds with a big bicep, obviously the man is blessed to be around at that weight being that old.

invain my bad bro, i though you were still 225, good for you for putting numbers on your lifts but dont forget the big three are what matters.

so far today i had 4 eggs in EVOO, a banana, and a whole wheat bagel with nutella for breakfast, and a protein shake after the gym.

Guido
10-05-2009, 08:42 PM
You are a freaking gorilla, man. Aside from that, yeah I'd say you could lose some fat and still maintain most if not all of your strength if you do it right. Try some carb cycling and cut out some of the junk. That should help immensely by itself. Also if you aren't already start supplementing with fish oil and vitamin D3 and some meltaonin at night. Those things will all help if you haven't been doing it already.

Cirino83
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
strength very nice

hairyness and bf....not so much

Stumprrp
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
as far as the hairyness you all can F off, i havent had time to nair... lol

thats the plan guido, cut out the junk, more protein, some fish oil and multi vitamins

Hockey66
10-06-2009, 03:44 PM
You are a freaking gorilla, man. Aside from that, yeah I'd say you could lose some fat and still maintain most if not all of your strength if you do it right. Try some carb cycling and cut out some of the junk. That should help immensely by itself. Also if you aren't already start supplementing with fish oil and vitamin D3 and some meltaonin at night. Those things will all help if you haven't been doing it already.

Any reason for the melatonin supplementation besides just getting a better sleep? Is there a benefit to taking it if you already sleep well?

Sidior
10-06-2009, 03:54 PM
You gained a significant amount of fat but you also got significantly stronger. Figure out your priorities and go from there man. You carry a lot of mass and would look jacked if you dieted a bit, but it is tougher to train while in a calorie reduced diet.

btw I wear size 38 pants to accommodate my ass but I have to belt them up huge. A month ago I put on some 32s and aside from the fact I couldnt move in them, they fit on my waist fine.

Stumprrp
10-06-2009, 09:01 PM
i definately gained fat, but i can asure you guys i also put on SOME muscle after i hit 225.. i mean some of you guys are putting it like i gained 50 pounds of fat lol. i guess pictures just suck to be honest. id guess it was 7-8 lbs muscle 15 lbs fat, not good but not terrible.

dave - 32? i will never in my life get into a 32 dude, my legs are way too big and my structure is too wide. lol. even in that 200 lb picture when i finished cutting i was still a 35.

tonight was a start, 1/2 cup cottege cheese blended with a tea spoon of Nutella instead of emptying the fridge.

my priority is to be strong, im not a body builder and i dont lift weights to stay in shape i lift to be good in powerlifting, right now taking off 30 pounds will not make me good in powerlifting no matter how much you all say it can be done. its not worth it RIGHT now, im training for the IPA nationals in november, after that? going back down to 240 would be good.

jmccown
10-07-2009, 06:43 AM
stump, you and I are alot the same. Our goals, BW, etc. I'm just not hairy like you, lol. Two years ago when I started back lifting I was a loose 247 lbs. Not biggest loser fat, because I use to lift a few years prior. Anyhow, I cleaned up my diet and got down to 224 and have bulked back up to 251 pounds today, but not the same body I had 2 years ago. My only fat deposit is my gut because I like to freaking EAT!! Personally, I keep weighing also whether looks are more important than my goals. If I were to diet back to 225 now I would be ripped, but I don't think I'm so worried about my looks as much as I am reaching my goals. I, too, am shooting for a 600 lb bench press, I have done 605 off a 2 board so I'm close. I have a nationals meet in 2 weeks. Once I attain my goal I will probably do a recomp. like these guys are talking about. I wouldn't mind cutting back to 200lbs for once in my life to see what I would look like, but then I think of all the misery I would go through to get there.

Stumprrp
10-07-2009, 07:40 AM
wow, thats pretty funny, im close as well as i hit 635 off the 3 board press easy a few weeks ago, i would like to recomp slow as well but at 240ish and be a jacked 242 lifter =D

JSully
10-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree.. I'm at 280 right now and my goal is to be a jacked 242 competitor with a 1900+ raw total..

I can't imagine throwing 6+ on the bar for bench and going to town.. that's just insane. Grats to both of you!

View 1
10-08-2009, 01:25 PM
You still look solid. I think we all want to be bigger with low body fat but it doesnt always work out that way. I am in the same boat as you as I have gained alot of size over the last year, but also gained alot of fat. I finally decided that the fat needs to go, so now begins the long slow road to getting skinner. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

primal21
10-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Stump, when I came on this site I was 186 lbs. I had good blood pressure, low cholesterol, no heartburn, asthma RARELY acted up, never had joint problems. Since I followed the "eat what you want" lift big weights diet I have raised my blood pressure, raised my cholesterol, i have CHRONIC heartburn, asthma is always acting up and I weight 247lbs and have tons of stretch marks to prove that I'm obese.

Awesome. You wanted to be big, sounds like a success.

RBB
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM
what's up stump? man, i had no idea you had gotten that much stronger. you're a freak, buddy. nothing wrong with losing some of the bf, though. you wouldn't have to starve yourself to do it, and i think you could maintain strength levels with the right kind of plan. now go shave that back, you hairy bastard!!

Unholy
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Grizzly Bear!

WBBIRL
10-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Stump if your benching 600 pounds, squatting 600 pounds and deadlifting over 700 then you are already much further then many will ever get. From the fat guy who first started here and couldn't even beat me on bench you've come to not only being leaner but a lot stronger then I am (and also much hairer).

Do what you do bro, many world class lifters have been training as long as you have been breathing. Keep at it, your already a freak IMO.

You could easily get your physique in order too man. You've shown that you can do what it takes to reach your goals... just time to adopt your goals.

Unholy
10-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Stump I bet you would feel a whole lot better with 10% bodyfat off ya.

WBBIRL
10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Stump I bet you would feel a whole lot better with 10% bodyfat off ya.

Not only would he feel better, but adding muscle while dropping both bodyfat percentage and weight will make him more flexable.

Its the next logical step in fine tuning his body to be the best strength athlete he can be