PDA

View Full Version : best timing for diets?

PatoriaN
10-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Hi guys,

I have just started the SS program again as I have had some good results on it previously, however I know that my biggest problem is my diet. I think I eat fairly well but I know that I can do much more in this department.

My question is based on the timing, of when to eat what. I train at about 11 am after breakfast has digested, which is either a few eggs on toast, cereal or french toast etc. I then take my shake prior to training.

The shake is made up of:

30g WPI
2 teaspoons Milo Lite (for flavour)
1 teaspoon of creatine
1 teaspoon flaxseed

Straight after I train I take another shake made up of:

30g WPI
2 teaspoons Milo Lite (for flavour)
1 teaspoon of creatine
60g Dextrose

I then generally have a couple of sandwiches for lunch, (rye, ham / chicken, lite tasty cheese, homus, lettuce) or something similar.

Dinner varies each night, but generally has some form of meat or fish (about 4 times a week), veggies, rice, noodles, salads etc.

I have snacks through out the day, which i am starting to eat more nuts, fruit, yoghurt etc instead of muffin bars, chips etc..

I am a little confused on when the best time that I should be getting my carbs! I always to thought just load up and eat more and more and get as my in as I can (not from unhealthy foods) seeing as I am 5'11, 172lb, lean - EXCEPT for my gut, which continues to grow with this little padding of fat.

Instead of WPI i used to take gainers in place of this, however i have since stopped. I want to add some pounds but want lean gains, even if they take 3 times longer. I was thinking of adding 2 cardio sessions on some of the off days to assist, but I don't know if this is smart?

I was told that I should get most of my carbs after my training session is this right? or should I have them before or better yet, spread them across the whole day?

I did SS once before for 11 weeks and got about 35% gains in strength on squats and bench etc, however my size wasn't a big improvement. My body fat didn't change too much either. :(

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

PS ignore my joining date, my post count is a better reflection!

Sean S
10-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Read the diet article linked at the top of the page Eating optimally for massive size and strength by Chris Mason. This covers timing of meals and carbohydrates in particular. Overall what you have listed looks decent, so you might just tweak things a bit.

PatoriaN
10-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks Sean,

That article was very helpful!!