PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks out and the BS that is my life

Andre518
10-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Ok my 1st meet is Nov 8th I have been training hard for 4 months now and today on the way to the gym car died. I have two but me and my g/f have to have transportation to work. So I use the truck to the gym during the day, she takes the car to work. At night I take the car to work and she takes the truck to the gym. Well now we only have 1 vehicle and I'm 5 weeks away from my meet. I was thinking of training 2 times a day on the weekend.
example:
Saturday
bench-deadlift

Sunday
Squat-bench

My g/f suggested getting a memebership at planet fiteness again :( just to get in my lifts during the day because it is close to my house and I could go while my daughter is in school. What would you guys think would be more beneficial?

sayagain
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I think if Planet Fitness would allow you to maintain your program leading into the meet, then that is what would probably be best for you. Maybe keep your current gym membership as well if you need to use it to deadlift on the weekends.

Andre518
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
yeah I would keep my golds memebership as well I would use PF just to get me through the next few months until tax time and I can get another car.

Tom Mutaffis
10-04-2009, 09:54 AM
If the PF membership is not expensive then you could probably do your bench workouts there.

I am not sure if they have a squat rack or would allow heavy squats, or if you are using any gear (I am sure that suits/wraps are banned there).

What about a local school gym or any other nearby facilities? My girlfriend's college gym will let you train for $5/day and you can do pretty much whatever you want there in terms of training.

Cmanuel
10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
i would never, ever, ever support a gym like planet fitness whose business model discriminates against people.

Nik00117
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
But it's about no judgement zone.

Glad I work out in a military base where their only rules are wipe your sweat off the equipment and put the weights back.

This membership is cheap too, it's free.

Cmanuel
10-04-2009, 04:28 PM
But it's about no judgement zone.

haha yeah isnt that ironic? Bunch of f'in hypocrites