PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a suit to have some fun in.

Fuzzy
10-05-2009, 05:44 AM
Me and a training buddy are interested in getting some light entry level squat suits. As most may know I am an Oly lifter, but we want a suit to muck around with, and maybe compete in IPF with for some good fun.

So far the Z suit from Inzer is looking like our best option.

Any general comments about this? Any objections or other suggestions?

I do want to emphasise we are in no way serious, and whilst we are willing to spend time, I'm not dedicating significant training time to learning the suit to compete in it. I just want something I can get the feel of in a few sessions so I can do stupid **** like atg front squats in a suit.

Tom Mutaffis
10-05-2009, 06:40 AM
For what you are looking for I think that briefs may be a better option. They are easier to learn, less expensive, and allow the flexibility to be worn for different movements (like front squats).

deeder
10-05-2009, 07:00 AM
For what you are looking for I think that briefs may be a better option. They are easier to learn, less expensive, and allow the flexibility to be worn for different movements (like front squats).

I don't think he'll find anything cheaper than an inzer z-suit (http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=02_ZSUIT)...

Tom Mutaffis
10-05-2009, 07:19 AM
I don't think he'll find anything cheaper than an inzer z-suit (http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=02_ZSUIT)...

You are right that the Z Suit is about as entry level as it gets.

The Inzer Power Pants are cheaper than a Z Suit though and would give him better versatility. They are basically the bottom half of a Z/Champion suit.

Sometimes you can find second hand gear for great prices as well.

Fuzzy
10-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Is competing in briefs IPF legal? I'm considering attempting some meets for fun next year.

Pete22
10-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Get a single-ply Centurion (close-stance). You're not going to get any carryover out of a z-suit, and it won't be much fun. Especially if you're thinking about competing, go with the Centurion.

Pete22
10-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Is competing in briefs IPF legal?

Nope.

Clifford Gillmore
10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Me and a training buddy are interested in getting some light entry level squat suits. As most may know I am an Oly lifter, but we want a suit to muck around with, and maybe compete in IPF with for some good fun.

So far the Z suit from Inzer is looking like our best option.

Any general comments about this? Any objections or other suggestions?

I do want to emphasise we are in no way serious, and whilst we are willing to spend time, I'm not dedicating significant training time to learning the suit to compete in it. I just want something I can get the feel of in a few sessions so I can do stupid **** like atg front squats in a suit.

I get about 20-30lbs out of a Z-suit with the straps down, if your REALLY interested in a suit head down to an IPF gym around your way and look at what the guys are wearing. Most are in Titan but I think there is Metal gym somewhere there too.

SELK
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
you will not have any fun in a zsuit.. It gives almost 0 support and the locking legs hurt like hell.

theBarzeen
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I liked my old Metal IPF squatter ( which I got for the same reasons as you ).... I just ended up becoming more serious about powerlifting and got in to better gear...... the Metal suits and the Titan suits seem great, but most of the old Inzer stuff ( blast shirts and z suits) are garbage