PDA

View Full Version : Slow burning carbs that you dont have to cook? Protein sources no cook...

Tru
04-25-2002, 02:59 PM
What are some slow burning carbs I could eat that don't have to be cooked?

For breakfast I eat 4 eggs, 2 whole wheat pieces of bread, and an apple. Someone told me I should eat oatmeal instead, but it takes a while to make, plus I cant cook really..

Instead of potatoes or rice for supper, is there a slow burning carb I could eat that doesn't need to be cooked?

What are some sources of good protein that don't have to be cooked?

Tuna, cottage cheese, turkey, balony, any others?

What are some lean meats that you can cook on an oven, fast, easy, and are cheap?
Steak is too expensive, plus no grill..

Thx

MWB
04-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Do you have a microwave? Even the Old fashioned Quaker oats in the big tube only take about 1:30 in the microwave. A potato depending on the size can take as little as 5 min.

You should really learn how to cook, Most healthy foods are very easy to make. It usually only takes me 15 minutes to make my dinner, all fresh foods. Stir fry baby! Use a teflon pan so you don't need any oil.

Tru
04-25-2002, 04:03 PM
You can cook oatmeal in the microwave? Potatoes in the Microwave? Sweet, I can do that...

How about the lean meats...?

Tru
04-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Is rice or potatoes better? I heard baked potatoes are bad.....

What are some other good, fast, easy to make carb sources?

MWB
04-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Sweet potatoes are very good for you.
For meats I tend to stick to boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. I cut them into strips and stir fry them with green beans and mushrooms.
Maybe consider getting yourself a cookbook that has microwave recepies.

Bobarell
04-26-2002, 01:03 AM
Just blend your oats with a protein drink. Makes the drink taste better too.

Using a blender isn't really cooking and it is easy. Also, almost all rice or oats has instructions on how to cook it. Make a shitload of brown rice on Sunday and you have your rice for the rest of the week. It's pretty simple really. Measure the rice, add water and let it boil and than cover and simmer. takes a little while, but it makes the rest of the week easier.

Kromax
04-26-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Bobarell
Just blend your oats with a protein drink. Makes the drink taste better too.

Interesting idea. I'm gonna try this.

Tru
04-26-2002, 06:23 AM
7:00/6 Egg Whites (eat 2 of the yolks), an apple, and whole wheat bread

10:15/2 Protein Bars (Homemade)
(34/26/12 -- 240 calories)

12:00/School food--Meat, Fruit, and that's about (In the summer, i'll eat 2 Turkey (Or balony or some meat you dont have to cook) and Oatmeal

3:30/Tuna, Oatmeal, and veggies
(36/40/6)

4:30/Lift

5:30/Chicken
(Pre-packaged, it's just faster to make), Potatoes (Or Rice--Any carb I could eat here that doesn't need to be cooked?), and veggies -- And Cottage Cheese
(36/45/46 -- 420 calories)

6:00/Work

6:30/2 Homemade protein bars
(34/26/12 -- 240 calories)

10:00/Tuna and veggies
(36/40/6)

I'm 16/165/5'11

That's my diet...

Potatoes and Rice you say are easy to cook? I've never done 'em before...

the doc
04-26-2002, 07:20 AM
make the oats with pro powder, very good.

also, baked potatos are fine in moderation, just eat the skin as that is where all the fiber, vits, and mins are

Tru
04-26-2002, 02:24 PM
So potates everyday wouldn't be good?

What would be a better substitution for potatoes... Rice?

It's just faster, cheaper and easier to buy it all at the same time...

Behemoth
04-26-2002, 03:13 PM
For breakfats I usually just dump a half cup of quaker oats and half cup of skim milk in a bowl and eat it. I don't even cook em, that's how I like em.