PDA

View Full Version : Travis Mash Joins Team AtLarge!!

Travis Bell
10-08-2009, 05:28 AM
In his recent return to powerlifting as well as olympic lifting, Travis has also joined with Team AtLarge

For those that don't know Travis has a very long history in the sport of powerlifting including multiple national titles, several WPO titles and tons of experience in Olympic lifting.

Look for Travis' journal in the list of Pro Journals in the next day or so, as well as Travis contributing here in our powerlifting and Olympic lifting forum.

Polish Hammer
10-08-2009, 06:08 AM
Wow! This has been a huge week for WBB as far as additions. Welcome aboard Mr Mash, and congrats on joining Team AtLarge!

Tom Mutaffis
10-08-2009, 07:58 AM
I remember seeing his videos on Youtube a while ago when he was looking to break into Olympic Lifting.

What has Travis been up to? Any big meets in PL/OLY coming up?

Lones Green
10-08-2009, 08:55 AM
I remember seeing his videos on Youtube a while ago when he was looking to break into Olympic Lifting.

What has Travis been up to? Any big meets in PL/OLY coming up?

Thats what I was just about to say. Videos of him doing weird stuff, power cleans with bands and what not. Pretty cool to have him here!

MarcusWild
10-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I was wondering when you guys were going to announce this. He's a great addition.

NickAus
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Excellent, this site is great!

TravisMash
10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys! I am very excited to be on board! I am making a comeback at a AAPF meet in Columbia, SC Dec 5th, and then I am going strictly USAPL next year with intentions of going to the IPF Worlds. My training is going very well so far. I will also pick an Olympic meet early next year because I want to do both. It is pretty tricky doing both, but so far so good. I will try to post my training pretty soon! Once again thanks and I look forward to working with At Large for a long time.

vdizenzo
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Great to have you here Travis. I look forward to following your log.

KarstenDD
10-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Travis Mash lives?

dbc3po
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys! I am very excited to be on board! I am making a comeback at a AAPF meet in Columbia, SC Dec 5th, and then I am going strictly USAPL next year with intentions of going to the IPF Worlds. My training is going very well so far. I will also pick an Olympic meet early next year because I want to do both. It is pretty tricky doing both, but so far so good. I will try to post my training pretty soon! Once again thanks and I look forward to working with At Large for a long time.

Im doing that meet in Dec. as well. You were one of the big inspirations for me when I got started in powerlifting. It was right after you broke the total record in 04 and watching you win the 05 Arnold was awesome, glad to see you here.

TravisMash
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I look forward to meeting seeing you there! I can't wait to get back on the platform!

WillKuenzel
10-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Some friends and I will be competing at that meet as well. It'll be awesome seeing you compete, Travis!

TravisMash
10-13-2009, 07:40 PM
I can't wait to see you all! My wife and I are so looking forward to the weekend. She actually has an art opening at a big gallery in Winston-Salem, NC called Art Works. We are both very excited for Dec 5th!

dbc3po
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Travis how is Chris "Ox" Mason doing? Man you all were tough just a few years back, injuries suck bu its nice your finally overcoming them.

TravisMash
10-14-2009, 01:08 PM
He is doing well! Injuries just got the best of him, and now he is into mma, but only as a hobby. He is down to 210, and wants to drop lower. He looks awesome! Injuries are rough! I have learned to be smart, and do the work to avoid injuries as much as possible. Not to mention I used to go heavy everytime in the gym. Not now! I am slowly increasing training volumes, and being watched carefully by Dr. Gray.

gopostal42
10-15-2009, 12:25 AM

good stuff travis, you should have popped up sooner. just did an olympic meet over at ETSU around a month ago.

TravisMash
10-16-2009, 02:31 PM
That would have been sweet! How did you do? How is the gym?

DieselWarrior
10-16-2009, 06:11 PM
4O0id01yWUU

Impressive!

Andrew

gopostal42
10-18-2009, 10:18 AM
That would have been sweet! How did you do? How is the gym?

i did ok, didn't really train for it. snatched 100k way too easy and jerked 130k pretty well (even tho i called for 125 haha). just went to help calm down a lady who was lifting for the first time in a meet.

the gym is solid, a lil slow right now but we're doin good. got 2 pro lifters here now so we're workin our way up.

str8flexed
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM

good to see you back travis. always had fun hanging out with you at expos. Maybe we'll cross paths again :)

-Layne

TravisMash
10-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Bro, I can't wait to see you again. Are you still working with Lobliner any?