PDA

View Full Version : not losing

Al19067
10-08-2009, 09:38 AM
hey guys I'm trying to cut now and I'm stuck, I'm 215.8 lbs and I been 3at 2700 cals and not losing, my diet been clean 240 protein, 180 to 200 carbs and 65g fat, I haven't been doing ny cardio, should I drop cals or do cardio? Thanks

skinny99
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
K.I.S.S! Eat less calories or burn more. I am new to this forum but that answer is always the same :( Also maybe look at a little bit of cycling,less on non-lifting days,more on lift days! Hope this helps! Keep going cutting sucks!

Unreal
10-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Either one will work. Do what is easier for you.

Polish Hammer
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Some tips.

-Cut out all dairy
-Go to bed hungry
-Do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

Now alot of people may argue with those statements, and thats fine. When I got stuck at a certain weight, thats what I did and it got me over the hump and I continued to lose without a problem.

Al19067
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Either one will work. Do what is easier for you.

Thanks, and when should I start worrying about sodium for losing weight

Polish Hammer
10-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Whats your BF?

Al19067
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Whats your BF?

Pretty high right now cause I was bulking, I say around 20%

Polish Hammer
10-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, the main thing is to give it time. Your gonna hit plateaus. Thats when you turn it up a notch by doing more conditioning and lowering your calories even more. When I was a competitive bodybuilder, I would lose 25-30lbs before a show and never once counted calories. I just took out all the bad stuff in my diet and replaced it with good stuff. Idid 30 min of cardio a day, and took it off slowly. I weighed myself every few days to make sure I was in check. Its hard work, and consistency is key. As far as sodium goes, your nowhere near the point you have to worry about that. When you get to 10%, then you look at the little things like water retention and different carb choices.

Al19067
10-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, the main thing is to give it time. Your gonna hit plateaus. Thats when you turn it up a notch by doing more conditioning and lowering your calories even more. When I was a competitive bodybuilder, I would lose 25-30lbs before a show and never once counted calories. I just took out all the bad stuff in my diet and replaced it with good stuff. Idid 30 min of cardio a day, and took it off slowly. I weighed myself every few days to make sure I was in check. Its hard work, and consistency is key. As far as sodium goes, your nowhere near the point you have to worry about that. When you get to 10%, then you look at the little things like water retention and different carb choices.

Thanks man, does it matter how many cals u get in one meal? Or it dnt matter as long as I hit my cal mark? And I believe u take ur bw and times it by 12 to get ur fat loos cals, is this true?

Polish Hammer
10-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Thanks man, does it matter how many cals u get in one meal? Or it dnt matter as long as I hit my cal mark? And I believe u take ur bw and times it by 12 to get ur fat loos cals, is this true?

I would eat 3-4 times a day. And dont overthink all of this. Its not rocket science. Figure out your maintenance level and simply eat less. Its really that simple.

Unreal
10-09-2009, 08:15 AM
BWx12 is a good starting point to calculate but you lose weight if you eat less then maintence. Do you think a 200lb guy sitting in a office all day burns the same calories as a construction worker? One could be gaining on 12xBW and the other losing weight like crazy. As for when to eat and how often, do whatever is easy and comfortable for you.

Al19067
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
BWx12 is a good starting point to calculate but you lose weight if you eat less then maintence. Do you think a 200lb guy sitting in a office all day burns the same calories as a construction worker? One could be gaining on 12xBW and the other losing weight like crazy. As for when to eat and how often, do whatever is easy and comfortable for you.

Thanks man

CaptainMorgan
10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Why do you have such low fat and high carb intake?

snikez
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I would drop cals if I were you. I hate cardio...