PDA

View Full Version : Time to change?

fredmatic
10-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Quick background. 5'10 After a 2yr hiatus, started back to a regular workout regime. Started Sept 7th. I was 210, with a 38" waist. Currently I'm 201 and dropped to 201lbs, 36" waist.
Workout schedule is 4 days. Mon&Tue then Wed off. Thur&Fri then Sat Sun off.
I combine 'push' exercises one day then 'pull' the following. 4-5 mile bike warmup prior to workout, and treadmill for .75 mile post workout

My total food intake calculations come out to 1600-1700 calories per day, with 175g of it being protein, 130g carbs. Currently no supplements, other than fish oil and multi-vitamins.
I can list out meal specifics if needed, but otherwise it follows a 4 meal per day diet consisting of oatmeal, eggs, apples, chicken breasts, broccoli, black beans etc.

My question/concern is that although I've seen felt gains in certain areas, such as strength, and fat-weight loss, It seems my gut has stopped shrinking, and sertain muscle groups arent getting stronger (specifically for squats and dumbell curls)
Do I need to modify my diet or increase my food intake?

JSully
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
increase cals to see strength/size gains

decrease cals or increase cardio to see fat loss

Those calories are pretty low though. How far under maintenance are you?

fredmatic
10-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Those calories are pretty low though. How far under maintenance are you?

That I'm sure has to be determined still. I guessed basically. It's worked so far, as I've seen results. I just seem like I've hit a plateau the past 2 weeks.

I wrote out a food/diet guideline when I started, then added it all up to the above mentioned calories/etc.

My concerns, by increasing my food intake am I going to have an adverse affect on trimming down my gut further ?