PDA

View Full Version : good veggies that dont taste like crap.

bass slayer
10-09-2009, 04:34 AM
What veggies should I add to my diet? I can pretty much shove anything into my mouth if I know it will help me. Lately Ive been eating alot of fresh green beans and broccolli but thats about it.

Off Road
10-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Taste is a matter of...well...taste :evillaugh:

It's hard to know what you'll find that tastes good to you. My favorite is brussel sprouts. I also like collie flower, peas, broccoli, green beans, spinich, swiss chard, carrots, radishes, mushrooms, asparagus, and different types of lettuce.

Cirino83
10-09-2009, 07:05 AM
love broccolli

just pick a few that you like or may like just so you don't get sick of eating the same thing everyday

McLaughlin
10-09-2009, 07:56 AM
My favorites:
broccoli
green beans
spinach
Honorable Mention:
peas/pea pods
collie flower

Unreal
10-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Anything but lima beans.

Squash is one of my favorites. I've been eating tons of spagetti and butternut squash. Zuchini, tomatos, onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, asparagas, cucumbers, etc. The list is almost endless.

Off Road
10-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Oh ya...I forgot asparagus and mushrooms...yummm...I added that to my list.

tom183
10-09-2009, 03:56 PM
The more the merrier. My personal favourites are sweet potato, spinach, broccoli, carrot, green beans and pumpkin.

Coqui
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Carrots
Broccolli
Corn
Celery
Cauliflour (or however you spell it)
Spinach
Cucumbers
tomatoes
peas
sweet potato

Taste is subjective and I enjoy the taste of everything I posted. Keeping in mind the person who posted this considers himself a carnivore.

Gadzooks
10-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Brussel sprouts are king !

I eat about a bag with almost every meal that they could go with !

What i have done lately with them - If i can get fresh ones that is :

Clean them, take off the stems

Split them in half

Take some pine nuts and heat in a pan till you can smell the nuttiness

Toss the brussel sprouts, pine nuts in an oven safe dish then throw in olive oil, Salt and Pepper and mix it all to coat.

Bake for 15ish mins ( have to watch them since moisture content plays into how fast they roast it seems) at like 350ish.

Once they are cooked to your liking i throw a quarter cup of balsamic vinegar in the dish and it will sizzle up and i mix the whole thing together.

thats some good sprouts there.

thereturn
10-11-2009, 11:35 PM
i eat a lot of broccoli, snow peas and brussel sprouts. green veggies ftw. also potatoes if im in need of some starchy carbs

natediesel
10-12-2009, 06:43 AM
I like it raw.

But I can't eat raw broccoli much. I do like raw mushrooms and peppers (pimientos?) though.

Onions and garlic need to be put in the pan with the chicken... olive oil first.

platypus
10-12-2009, 09:17 PM
broccoli is dominant.