PDA

View Full Version : Powerlifting in IOWA - Need to lift while Iam there

WILD BILL
10-11-2009, 03:14 AM
I will be in Iowa for 10days starting the 13th of Oct. Does anyone know of any powerlifting in Iowa that I can train with?

Ryano
10-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Bill Carpenter has a team in Dubuque. Rev Todd Frank trains with a team in DesMoines. BIG is in Omaha, which is right next to Iowa. Depends on where in Iowa you'll be.

johnnyo_99
10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
When I travel to Iowa I train at the YMCA in Ottumwa. They've got a full lineup of Powerlifting equipment, I assume a team trains there I've never met them though.

WILD BILL
10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I will be in Des Moines with no chances of being able to travel more then 2hr round trip.

Thanks for the info guys I will start looking around and making phone calls.

Sensei
10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Des Moines Strength Institute is pretty barebones and I don't know what their hours are these days, but there are some stronger guys there and they have a cheap daily fee.
515-287-0424

There are chain gyms in the area and a YMCA downtown that's all right. Gold's Gym in West Des Moines http://www.goldsgym.com/gyms/index.php?gymID=1250

There are probably options in Ankeny or Ames (both less than an hour away) but I'm not sure.

If you can train early (like 5am early) and you're interested in doing kettlebells or pulling harness on a hill (you'll need cleats), shoot me a PM and we'll try to get together for a session or two while you're here.