PDA

View Full Version : carbs pwo shake??

PFM8241988
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
so ive now been reading how important it is to also get carbs into your body post workout. I have now just been doing two scoops of whey plus creatine w skim milk pwo. Are there some type of carb i can/should add in there for help w strength/growth? Thank you.

geordie1986
10-12-2009, 03:41 AM
why do you have milk in your pwo? doesnt that slow down the digestion rate of the protein due to the fat content. But as for carbs I know alot of people on here use dextrose and add that to their pwo, i personally have always used maltodextrin and have never had any problems with it. Check either of them out there usaully quite cheap.

Skalami
10-12-2009, 07:31 AM
i personally use apple juice, its easy i started doing that after i stopped buying my shakes from the gym they used apple juice so i figured what the hell. Im sure theirs better options but its simple and cheap. Ive seen simple studies where endurance athletes recovered faster from eating a bowl of sugar'y cereal with skim milk then with Gatorade type drink for whatever its worth.

SDS
10-12-2009, 07:36 AM
I like the Waxy Maize.

PFM8241988
10-12-2009, 07:42 PM
is there something i can buy from ALN for it?

Unreal
10-13-2009, 09:09 AM
why do you have milk in your pwo? doesnt that slow down the digestion rate of the protein due to the fat content. But as for carbs I know alot of people on here use dextrose and add that to their pwo, i personally have always used maltodextrin and have never had any problems with it. Check either of them out there usaully quite cheap.

He said skim milk so fat isn't an issue.

Add whatever carbs you like. I would just avoid excess fructose.

SDS
10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
is there something i can buy from ALN for it?

RESULTS has a bunch of dextrose in it.

godstrength
10-16-2009, 08:09 AM
so ive now been reading how important it is to also get carbs into your body post workout. I have now just been doing two scoops of whey plus creatine w skim milk pwo. Are there some type of carb i can/should add in there for help w strength/growth? Thank you.

PWO shakes, their importance, and the components are very OVERthought.

You'll see many people advocating fast carbs post WO like dextrose, WMS, rice cakes, grits etc.

What most people do not realize is that when you ask some of the top Bb'ing and prep coachs, they'll tell you SLOW carbs. The idea here is to prolong that fat burning process from your workout.

I've noticed a difference since going from WMS to simply mixing 3/4 cup of oats with my shake.