PDA

View Full Version : How much strength is lost while cutting?

thewicked
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Dropping from 272 hopefully down to 220. Goal is low 230's and carb deplete before meets to make it happen. Right now I'm t 27% average bodyfat on the impedence device so it reads that I could do it. Monitoring carbs and healthy fats...10 grams of each or less each meal with plenty of quality protien via all the yummy critters and nitrean! The only MAJOR carbs I'll be bringing in will be results pre-workout..can't live without that stuff!

if things go as planned I should be in the 240's in no time then really gotta watch it. 100% tested nationals is m MAJOR goal next year...but i've got alot of meets planned...

here's to team ALN and an EARLY start to 2010!!!

Nik00117
10-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Its hard to say, when my friend did a 30 LB cut over a 3 month period his squat went up 30 Lbs, Bench 15, and Deadlift 20.

But 40 LBs is a lot, I'm cutting now too from 265 to 225 and in January would like to get 240 :)

thegreatone
10-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Dropping from 272 hopefully down to 220. Goal is low 230's and carb deplete before meets to make it happen. Right now I'm t 27% average bodyfat on the impedence device so it reads that I could do it. Monitoring carbs and healthy fats...10 grams of each or less each meal with plenty of quality protien via all the yummy critters and nitrean! The only MAJOR carbs I'll be bringing in will be results pre-workout..can't live without that stuff!

if things go as planned I should be in the 240's in no time then really gotta watch it. 100% tested nationals is m MAJOR goal next year...but i've got alot of meets planned...

here's to team ALN and an EARLY start to 2010!!!

What sort of time frame are you looking at? I think the greatest factor influencing your strength will be how quickly you want this to happen. At 27% BF you should be able to get to around 230 and still have a BF around 15% without much or any strenght loss if you do it in a reasonable time frame.

Travis Bell
10-12-2009, 04:35 AM
If you lose the weight slowly and alter your training accordingly, you can manage most of the strength losses.

If you drop the weight in a hurry you will probably experience significant strength loss.

thewicked
10-12-2009, 09:46 AM
yeah the volume of training will definately drop and only focus strictly on the big 3 or variations there of. As far as the weight goes..i want to make it there by february but have until the summer of next year.