PDA

View Full Version : any advice/tips bench shirt, fed

drmobley
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Hi guys,
Wondering if anyone could give me some advice and tips on type of bench shirt to purchase. i have never used or trained in bench shirt but thought i'd give it a try. I also have not considered one fed over another, so if advice is single-ply if you could give me a push in the right fed to compete with i would appreciate it. Any tips on using the bench shirt also greatly appreciated. I checked the stickies and didn't find answers specific to this. Thank you in advance for your help.
Aaron

robchris
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
drmobley,

Depends on your style of benching bro... Are you more flat or arched?

drmobley
10-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Rob,
I bench with an arch, although it is not as extreme as some. I keep trying to become more flexible to increase my arching.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I suggest starting with the Inzer Rage, then later trying the Inzer Rage X. Both shirts are single-ply. If you are looking for single-ply drug tested federation, I suggest NASA & USAPL. NASA & USAPL only allow close back poly shirt too. Also, you will need a training partner to help you get the shirt on. Try working down the weight with 3-boards and then try touching with no boards.

drew
10-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Go on ebay, find something single ply close to your size for cheap and buy it. Stick to single ply. If you buy Inzer get the Rage X.

drmobley
10-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys, I will probably buy from inzer since i have ordered from them before and will stick to single ply probably rage and see how it goes. Again, I appreciate any advice or input you guys have.
Aaron

robchris
10-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I'd start w/ a Titan Fury or F6... They're a little cheaper than the Rage and Rage X ($100 vs $135)

I've used both shirts and I like both, but again Titan is cheaper w/ a better warranty.

Just my .02... BTW, good raw bench numbers! you can get 100+lbs. out of these shirts w/ proper training.

Good luck bro!

Rob Luyando
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Overkill shirts are reasonable priced and will out perform any other shirt on the market and are an easy shirt to adapt to. shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I will forward you the info

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
10-15-2009, 05:56 AM
Go on ebay, find something single ply close to your size for cheap and buy it. Stick to single ply. If you buy Inzer get the Rage X.

Great ideal!

drmobley
10-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Thank you all again, looks like some great choices. now i just need to measure myself and get one ordered. I think it will be fun starting something new like this. Besides getting the shirt on, the only thing I will have to get used to is a training partner. I have trained virtually my whole life without one. I will also check the stickies for advice on making boards, as my gym is not a heavy duty powerlifting gym. So I think it's down to single ply...inzer rage, titan F6 or overkill.

Detard
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM
+1 for the Titan f6. It's a great shirt to start out with

Ryano
10-15-2009, 12:58 PM
If you are going single ply, buy an F6. Call Ken Anderson and he will size you right.

jtteg_x
10-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Can't go wrong with Titan F6 or Inzer Rage-X. I'd suggest moving 1 size up and single ply. I can vouch for Ken Anderson...he's the man when it comes to Titan gear.

allan3
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
f6 for sure. love my f6

Priest
10-17-2009, 07:23 AM
I would start with an F6 and then work your way to a Katana.

Call Ken Anderson for the best service in the game.

drmobley
10-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Thank you everyone... I can't wait to get started. Everyone's input was greatly appreciated and helped me make my decision.
Aaron