PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Wraps!

thereturn
10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm a big fan of chicken wraps, especially to take to work for lunches, so I thought I would share a few of my recipes

Tandoori and Tzatziki Wraps:
Ingredients:

2 tbs Patak's tandoori curry paste
260g (1 cup) thick natural yoghurt
600g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 1cm-thick strips
1 small Lebanese cucumber, coarsely grated
1/4 cup finely shredded fresh mint
1 x 80g pkt baby rocket leaves
8 roti wraps

Method:

Combine the tandoori curry paste and 90g (1/3 cup) of the yoghurt in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, mint and remaining yoghurt in a medium glass bowl.
Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Cook half the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Divide the rocket among the roti. Top with chicken and a dollop of yoghurt mixture. Roll up tightly to enclose filling.

Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap
Ingredients:

1/2 cup shredded Country Style Roast Chicken
1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
shredded lettuce
1/2 carrot, coarsely grated
1 piece lavash bread

Method:
Combine chicken and sweet chilli sauce. Place the chicken mixture, shredded lettuce and carrot, coarsely grated, along the centre of lavash bread. Roll up firmly to enclose filling.

Mexican Style Chicken Wraps

4 flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1/3 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small avocado, thinly sliced
1 1/3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup mild or medium taco sauce

Method:
Place tortillas on a flat surface. Place lettuce along centre of each. Top with cheese, tomato, avocado, chicken and sauce. Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Serve.

Moroccon Style Chicken Wraps
Ingredients:

4 large chicken thigh fillets
1 tbs olive oil
2 tsp Moroccan spice mix
Grated zest 1 lemon
120g bag baby Parisienne salad mix
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 round flat Lebanese breads

Tahini sauce:

180g (3/4 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
1 tbs tahini
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbs lemon juice
Salt & freshly ground black pepper

Method:

Place chicken in a shallow dish. Combine the oil, Moroccan spice mix, lemon zest and some salt and pepper and rub into the chicken. Cover and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, tahini, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.
Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through. Rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
Arrange mixed salad leaves, tomatoes, tahini sauce and sliced chicken in the centre of each flatbread. Wrap and serve warm.

Hope you guys enjoy these!

theman
11-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow!!! This looks delicious!!!