PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

Shamik
04-26-2002, 06:47 AM
Is it possible that some people do NOT require as many carbs as others to gain size? I ask this because I went on a diet for about 4 months in which carbs were basically nonexistant. I lost a lot of fat and put on a lot of muscle during that period without carbs. I'm not a hard gainer. In fact, I was overweight when I started the diet. Now, I can still stand to lose some fat, but I'm on a mass-gaining routine. I've added carbs back into my diet in the form of brown rice, bagels, peanut butter...etc, but I'm afraid that I'm going to start gaining fat again. What are your thoughts?

D&G
04-26-2002, 06:52 AM
of course, not everyone has the same metabolic rates and obviously calories burnt day to day is different for people depending on factors such as amount of rest and daily activity.

the doc
04-26-2002, 06:56 AM
i am curious what evidence you had that you gained muscle

Perhaps you were just gaining strength?? Was it a real keto diet or one of these really high protein diets?

Shamik
04-26-2002, 07:06 AM
I ate pretty much nothing but chicken, tuna and eggs. As for evidence of gained muscle, I'll be posting my pictures in my journal in about an hour. 4 months on this diet with a high volume routine did wonders. I went from 215lbs (flabby) to 190lbs, and back up to 200lbs (muscular) I'm 5'11" I've always been kinda' thick, but now I'm more solid.

w8lifter
04-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Shamik
Is it possible that some people do NOT require as many carbs as others to gain size?

Yes it's possible, you should always take into acct your own metabolism.

BTW, bagels are crap.

(really not liking the censoring here, lol)

Shamik
04-26-2002, 11:54 AM
I'm thinking you're right. I'm cutting back the carbs as of...NOW.

sweet-physique
04-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Try this-Push the the majority of your carbs into the A.M and perhaps some (limited) simple carbs (dextrose) post workout with lots of protein.

Shamik
04-26-2002, 12:23 PM
That's basically what I've been doing. I haven't been eating any carbs after lunch except for those contained in Cell-Tech.