PDA

View Full Version : Belts...Squat vs deadlift

blownby
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
What do most of you prefer or do?

Do you use the same belt for both or what. All i have currently is a 13mm lever and have used it for both for about 3 years now.

Do any prefer a 10mm belt to pull or a taper belt? Just wondering.

Brian Hopper
10-16-2009, 10:26 AM
In gear I use a 13mm Lever belt from Inzer to squat and I use a 2" Toro Bench belt from Titan to pull in. I can't use a big belt to pull in, but then again I gave up trying to pull in gear with a thick belt. I am going to purchase a 10mm single prong to play around with.

SEOINAGE
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I've been using a 13mm lever belt, but I have noticed if it is the right size for squatting it is too loose for deadlift, and I need it tighter, Kind of makes it a pain, I have been thinking about trying something different for deadlifting but for now I'm using the same one. I have kept a screwdriver in my bag.

MarcusWild
10-16-2009, 12:14 PM
I use a single prong for both. When I wore a lever, I'd flip it backwards for deadlifting. It makes it easier to get to the bar since the overlap isn't pushing in against your abs.

Brian Hopper
10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
I use a single prong for both. When I wore a lever, I'd flip it backwards for deadlifting. It makes it easier to get to the bar since the overlap isn't pushing in against your abs.

I'm gonna try doing that with my lever belt after this meet and see how I like it.

Brian Hopper
10-16-2009, 12:38 PM
I have also used a Spud deadlift belt before and liked it alot. But it was still hard for me with all my gear.

isaku900
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I have a 13mm double prong that I use for squatting and deadlifting.
I use a Toro bench belt that's 4" in front and 2" in back for bench.

I also have a 13mm lever that I want to figure out the right setting on so I can use it for squats.

when I figure that out, I'll have a different belt for each lift!

endymion88
10-17-2009, 02:42 PM
i'm curious about the spud 3 ply deadlift belt. hows the reviews on something like that?

Brian Hopper
10-17-2009, 03:26 PM
i'm curious about the spud 3 ply deadlift belt. hows the reviews on something like that?

I have a 3-ply spud belt and I like it alot. I don't use it that much though. I have pulled with it in full gear, but I would rather use my bench belt. I'm gonna give it another shot in the future. Overall, it is a good belt. If you don't have trouble getting to the bar, then I would suggest getting it.

blownby
10-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Awesome...Thanks all.

Does anyone also preffer a notch losser on deadlift?
Anyone tried a taper belt to pull in?

I am going to order the inzer taper belt for evry day lifting, so as not to have to use the lever for everything. Seems like a good belt for moderate to heavy squats & deads and stuff like heavy Tbar or BO rows etc.....Plus should save on the hip colateral damadge!:indian:

str8flexed
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Awesome...Thanks all.

Does anyone also preffer a notch losser on deadlift?
Anyone tried a taper belt to pull in?

I am going to order the inzer taper belt for evry day lifting, so as not to have to use the lever for everything. Seems like a good belt for moderate to heavy squats & deads and stuff like heavy Tbar or BO rows etc.....Plus should save on the hip colateral damadge!:indian:

I do, I like it one notch looser than the tightest setting typically. Otherwise i have difficulty setting up properly and I end up rounding my lower back. For squats I like the 13mm lever belt pretty tight. For deadlifts I like a 10mm cardillo powerlifting belt, very comfortable but supportive.

SEOINAGE
10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I do, I like it one notch looser than the tightest setting typically. Otherwise i have difficulty setting up properly and I end up rounding my lower back. For squats I like the 13mm lever belt pretty tight. For deadlifts I like a 10mm cardillo powerlifting belt, very comfortable but supportive.

That's interesting, I guess I am the opposite. I need it really tight for deadlift otherwise it slides up, and on squats going too tight just doesn't work, can lift more with it looser.

SELK
10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
That's interesting, I guess I am the opposite. I need it really tight for deadlift otherwise it slides up, and on squats going too tight just doesn't work, can lift more with it looser.

I am the same way. Not to tight to squat in, very tight when pulling.

str8flexed
10-19-2009, 04:24 PM
do you pull conventional or sumo?

SEOINAGE
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
do you pull conventional or sumo?

I think this was directed at me, I pull conventional.