PDA

View Full Version : VERY bad groin/stomach pain please help!!!

Brian999
10-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Today I did my normal routine, but decided to do some sit-ups afterward. I barely got to rep 20 when I got this VER bad pain. No words can describe it, it's really that bad. My upper groin felt hard, abd very tight. I also felt kind of bloated. I went to the floor, and was holding my stomach, I would curl up a little too because sometimes It felt like it was getting tighter. Two guys walked up to me and asked if I was OK, I told them my groin hurts, he was kind and went to the front desk and asked for ice, without me asking for it. He told me to lay down, it was tough, because I felt like curling up. I did and he put the cold pack in my lower stomach. A couple more PT's from the gym came, and were trying to assist. They asked me if it was a hernia I said I'm not sure. They stayed with me until my stomach got softer, then helped me to the sauna to warm up that area. I managed my way home afterwards. It feels a little tight, not like normal, but not too bad. I can walk. I'm going to take a hot shower right now.

Any idea on what this is? If it's nothing much, any way I can prevent it in the future?:confused:

Polish Hammer
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Go to the doc asap.

chris mason
10-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I would definitely get it checked by your doctor, but it sounds like it may have been a cramp? In any event, I think you should go to the emergency room just to be safe.

Brian999
10-16-2009, 10:15 PM
I think I will see the doc. I finished a quick hot shower, had it aimed at my stomach the whole time. It feels better, still slight pain, but not like at the gym. My stomach is noticeably larger, mostly rounder though.

KarstenDD
10-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Yea doctors are usually more helpful than the internet.

NordicMan
10-17-2009, 04:24 AM
I hope you got to the ER to a good doc. How do?

chris mason
10-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Yes, please let us know. If your stomach had actually changed in shape that is not a good thing at all...

mattdunkin
10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Other than the pain in the groin I have had the same thing happen several times doing ab work-esp. higher reps near the end of a session-and it was severe abdominal cramps just as you described,but only when I've been on a certain oral "supplement".I'd go with the advice of the others and get it checked out if the pain and distension persists.

Brian999
10-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Well guys, I have any appointment with my doc on Thursday morning. I was considering the ER but my pain was relieved by laying in bed. Not too sure what's up but well see, I called my grandfather over the weekend, because he had a couple hernias he said it doesn't hurt that bad. I would like to see what the doc says, I know he's going to tell me to lay off the heavy weights because he did last time with my neck injury. It definetly has to be something because I stopped boxing 2 years ago, but while I was boxing there were times where I did 200 situps at one time and NEVER got this. The only difference now Is I've gained 80+lbs, and have gotten stronger.