PDA

View Full Version : DE Bench Video

Travis Bell
10-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Here's video from this week. I haven't come out with a video in awhile, I need to get one of my ME day, but I made sure to include something I've been experimenting with, using JM press as a speed accessory movement to help train my tri's to snap to lockout faster.

The speed bench set is 285lbs bar weight. We were just using a lot of different plates so we didn't have to completely reload the bar between sets

fl-2NdUnPek

vdizenzo
10-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Trav, you are looking very jacked! Seriously. Nice work. The jm's look interesting.

Travis Bell
10-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Lol thanks Vin. I have been doing a lot of cardio for the past two months which has really lowered my belly size but my weight refuses to go much lower than 260. Which is fine I had just planned on going down a weight class. I'm just going to keep doing what I have been doing and see what happens.

With the JMs you just need to be controled enough that you don't hyperextend your elbows

vdizenzo
10-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Lol thanks Vin. I have been doing a lot of cardio for the past two months which has really lowered my belly size but my weight refuses to go much lower than 260. Which is fine I had just planned on going down a weight class. I'm just going to keep doing what I have been doing and see what happens.

With the JMs you just need to be controled enough that you don't hyperextend your elbows

Are you doing just the 3-4 meals a day with carbs?

KarlMarx
10-17-2009, 05:49 PM
I was watching the video and I was thinking, those floor presses aren't going all the way to the floor! What's he doing? Something new? Then I just realized that your triceps were huge and that was as far down as they could go! hahah. I was just thinking I was pretty jacked from hitting 230lbs--hopefully this will light a new fire under me.

Great video. I'd love to see more posts like this. Short cut aways of a whole workout. It really helps to see what intensity and rhythm you do all the sets, not just the DE or ME ones. Gives me a better sense of how to approach my workouts--why not do it how the best guys with greatest results have done it?

Keep it up!

Travis Bell
10-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Yep. Usually 4 a day.

I've dropped my calories a bit as well.

My problem before wasn't so much being 270+ I guess, but as much as me being so far out of shape. My BP was through the roof and my endurance sucked.

Lones Green
10-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Great speed!

Travis Bell
10-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Great video. I'd love to see more posts like this. Short cut aways of a whole workout. It really helps to see what intensity and rhythm you do all the sets, not just the DE or ME ones. Gives me a better sense of how to approach my workouts--why not do it how the best guys with greatest results have done it?

Keep it up!

Sure thing! I'm more than happy to get short videos of the more entirety of my workouts

MarcusWild
10-18-2009, 12:55 AM
I like the JM press on the floor. I need to try that.

C-Sobrino
10-18-2009, 06:53 AM
I second what Karl Marx said.

Brian Hopper
10-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Awesome work Travis, I like those speed JM presses. Good Job!!!

McLaughlin
10-18-2009, 09:49 AM
What do you mean by hyper extending your elbow?

barbell01
10-18-2009, 10:52 AM

over extending the lockout.

Travis Bell
10-18-2009, 11:46 AM

over extending the lockout.

barbell01 is correct.

Just hyper extending a knee can happen from a missed kick or poor running technique, with this movement, when you get the weight moving that quickly, you need to make sure you control it enough at the top.

If I was to just let the weight move with it's entire momentum up to the top, when it slammed against my elbows end of range of motion, I can pull the ligaments and tendons very hard causing an injury.

You just have to use caution is all I'm saying

McLaughlin
10-18-2009, 11:48 AM
barbell01 is correct.

Just hyper extending a knee can happen from a missed kick or poor running technique, with this movement, when you get the weight moving that quickly, you need to make sure you control it enough at the top.

If I was to just let the weight move with it's entire momentum up to the top, when it slammed against my elbows end of range of motion, I can pull the ligaments and tendons very hard causing an injury.

You just have to use caution is all I'm saying

Interesting, so if my elbows hurt super bad after benching yesterday, maybe that could be the problem?

Travis Bell
10-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Interesting, so if my elbows hurt super bad after benching yesterday, maybe that could be the problem?

I guess it could be, but without seeing video of you benching it's kinda hard to say.

Could be lots of things, form, grip, bands, etc. I'd hate to tell you that you were locking out too hard and then have you start shorting your reps lol.

McLaughlin
10-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I guess it could be, but without seeing video of you benching it's kinda hard to say.

Could be lots of things, form, grip, bands, etc. I'd hate to tell you that you were locking out too hard and then have you start shorting your reps lol.

Hmm yeah, I can't make videos, I was doing it with my index finger on the ring part of the bar, and only 95 lbs (20 reps) I guess I'll just have to take it easy tomorrow and go from there.

Stumprrp
10-18-2009, 01:44 PM
great speed with 285 man thats serious