PDA

View Full Version : Buddy McKee/650 Raw Squat at APF Ga.

mastermonster
10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I had a very good meet today. I made a 650 Raw squat (belt, singlet, wraps) in the Classic Raw division at the APF Georgia State Meet. It should be good for #14 on the PLWatch 2009 rankings. If I did my research right, it should be the biggest >50 raw squat on record ever. I missed a 3rd attempt of 705 (stalled about half way up). If I'm right the 650 took the previous >50 best by 50 lbs. I started the squats with a 606 good attempt. I made a 3rd attempt bench of 402 after a 369 opener and fouling 402 on my second attempt. I also believe my total is the top >50 total ever Raw. The previous best was 1575 which I topped with my 1st deadlift of 534 to be at 1586. Then I pulled 551 to go to 1603 (should be #37 on the total rankings). I then missed a 600 attempt. It was a great meet! I had a ball. A lot of raw entries! I won the Open Classic Raw 275s.

Glenn Bagget of NGBB had a great day, dropping down to the 220s and totaling 2165 in Open Equipped; with a big 931 squat. He gave 1003 a good ride but it finally stalled. Glenn took Best Lifter Open.

P.S. I want to dedicate this win to my old best friend Danny Harbison who died Thursday from injuries suffered in a repelling accident on July 3rd. We were room-mates and training partners for a long time. We were 'Best Man' at each others weddings. He was my 'other brother'! Danny was an incredible man and I will miss him terribly. His funeral is tomarrow.

The J-Man
10-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Congratulations on the awesome performance! Very impressive :)

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Brian C
10-18-2009, 08:23 AM
First off, my condolences on the loss of your friend. God bless his family and friends. Awesome job on the your PR total MM. >50 and still showing the young guns up. Great job.

mattdunkin
10-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Fu!k yeah,Buddy! Really good to hear you hit that squat and total-congratulations,brother.Glenn had a great day too and he'll own that 1000lb squat next meet.My condolences to you on the loss of your friend-I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

dammstrate
10-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow, great job Buddy!

Way to hang one up there for the old guys!

Brian Hopper
10-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Congrats on your success!!!

Beverly McD.
10-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Congratulations Buddy! That's outstanding!
I'm proud for Glenn too. He's a heck of a nice guy.

Very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Bob
10-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Awesome Buddy... that's inspiring...
can't wait to get to the gym tomorrow and squat!!!

chris mason
10-18-2009, 05:12 PM
That's some excellent lifting!

mastermonster
10-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks everybody for all of the kind comments! I appreciate them!

I went to Danny's funeral today. It was exactly like we used to say we wanted our send offs to be! It really was a celebration of his life and his wife 'Tee' (Teresa) showed great strength and courage in giving a tribute to Danny with a video display of their lives together. He always made people laugh and feel good when he was around. That's what the funeral (celebration) was a reflection of. It was Danny's request and Tee had the video played; for 'Uncle Remus' to sing "Zippidy-do-da" from the old Disney movie. Even after he was gone he did it again. He had all 600+ of us smilin' and laughin' while we held hands and sang with 'Uncle Remus'...and I'm sure Danny...Zippidy-do-da-Zippidy-ay---My oh my what a wonderful day! It was a wonderful reminder of how blessed everyone was who knew this big old 'muscled up' human cartoon character! He was one of a kind! The world would be a lot more fun if we were all a little more like Danny.