PDA

View Full Version : Bencher8

Rob Luyando
10-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Rumor has is Bencher 8 did an exhibition lift at a bodybuilding expo IN TN on Saturday and benched a solid 905. If this is true congrats but I still want to see the video. LOL!

NickAus
10-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Excellent!!

Well done Paul!!

chris mason
10-18-2009, 05:06 PM
That's awesome!

bencher8
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
yeah, I did a good 905. I messed up the setup a little bit though, which made it a bit harder lockout than I wanted. I took the weight high in my arms instead of moving the weight laterally and getting the weight in my lats and tris before descending. I forgot to take a deep breath(i thought I was gonna run out about half way down lol), and right at the bottom I didnt go straight down(sorry rob) and get my stomach up....but it went down and up, locked out, and didnt dump it or anything...so I guess that was good lol

ya know chris, there was only one supplement company there. I think you could use a representative there....just a suggestion lol

The best lifter I saw at the meet there was an 8 yr old kid! He weighed 62 pounds and pulled an easy 150!! His dad said he has squatted 120# as well! The more I think about it the more impressive it is lol

My buddy James Williams also benched an 800@SHW...congrats man!

KarstenDD
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
So I guess Paul Key benched 905. That answers that question.

bencher8
10-18-2009, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYTyu4rj85c

here is the vid of the lift. Thanks to lil power(vikki) from here at WBB for providing this vid as I can never remember the camera when I need it lol

I noticed my left hand spotter touches the weight, but I cant blame him..I purposely kept only one spotter on each side so the people could see better. I also wanted to only use 1 set of 100# plates and the rest 45's for effect, so he didnt have any bar to hold on to. He actually pulls my left arm out of groove a little bit when he does it and then I bring it back in to lock it out...

anyway, its just an exhibition..not like it counted or anything lol

vdizenzo
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Cool. I'd love to see it. The vid is private.

NickAus
10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
yeah, I did a good 905. I messed up the setup a little bit though, which made it a bit harder lockout than I wanted. I took the weight high in my arms instead of moving the weight laterally and getting the weight in my lats and tris before descending. I forgot to take a deep breath(i thought I was gonna run out about half way down lol), and right at the bottom I didnt go straight down(sorry rob) and get my stomach up....but it went down and up, locked out, and didnt dump it or anything...so I guess that was good lol

ya know chris, there was only one supplement company there. I think you could use a representative there....just a suggestion lol

The best lifter I saw at the meet there was an 8 yr old kid! He weighed 62 pounds and pulled an easy 150!! His dad said he has squatted 120# as well! The more I think about it the more impressive it is lol

My buddy James Williams also benched an 800@SHW...congrats man!

If you didn't nail your form but still made the lift you look set go well over 905 next time in competition.
I know if I don't get my belly up and I flatten out I lift much less than when it all goes right.

bencher8
10-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll ask vikki to make it public for everyone to see....sorry about that.

Travis Bell
10-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Congratulations Paul! That's a huge weight

lil' power
10-19-2009, 06:24 AM
I'll ask vikki to make it public for everyone to see....sorry about that.

here ya go guys!

VYTyu4rj85c

Ryano
10-19-2009, 06:40 AM
I know I'll get heat for saying this, and I'm not a hater, but it didn't look like the bar touched to me. Ya gotta be strong to handle that much weight anyway, touch or not.

Tim K
10-19-2009, 07:35 AM
It blows my mind that people are handling that kind of weight on bench. I still remember when Dr. Squat first broke 1,000 lbs on squats... I never thought that someone would eventually break that barrier on bench. Heck'uva an exhibition Paul!

tnathletics2b
10-19-2009, 08:19 AM

Im from Nashville and I think there would be a good opportunity for a supplement provider. There are about (no joke) 10 colleges within a 50 mile radius that would definitely be a good market (including MTSU which has 30,000 students), IMO.

dynamo
10-19-2009, 08:30 AM
hahaahaha awesome! you know some people don't even total that on the big three.

bencher8
10-19-2009, 09:08 AM
I am just making the rounds this morning trying to head off some of the heat that I knew I was gonna catch...and this isnt aimed directly at you or anything Roger(great lifting at your meet by the way!)

This does not count as a lift! I never intended or claimed it as such. It was an exhibition. No judges, not in a meet...does not count. I have NOT benched 905 yet. I never really intended to touch. This was done as an attempt to promote this style of lifting in the area...I think I did a good job of that. Not a lot of people get a chance to see that kind of weight moved...

I am making the rounds this morning just trying to make sure everyone knows that it doesnt count and I didnt want to make it seem like I was trying to claim a legitimate lift. Just an exhibition...

Thanks to everyone who enjoys watching the vid. I tried to put on a decent show...

SeanW
10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Great Job. If you can mess up the setup and still power though it, if you get a clean lift the sky is the limit. Way to promote the sport!

vdizenzo
10-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Very close indeed. Great press. That last inch is the bitch of the bunch though. Keep at it brother. That's in your range, no doubt about it.

You are a better man than I where exhibitions are concerned. I usually do some rep stuff. I'd be really pissed at myself to pull off a pr and have it not count.

McLaughlin
10-19-2009, 04:19 PM
That was awesome.

bencher8
10-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks Vin!It was fun. It was my first exhibtion lift, so I thought it went well. Thanks again for checking it out..

mastermonster
10-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Paul that was awesome strength and control! I can't believe anyone could push that much weight up after holding it that long! I got tired watching it! Next meet it's going up and counting!

chris mason
10-19-2009, 07:41 PM
One heck of a lift!

I hear ya Paul.

Rob Luyando
10-20-2009, 06:10 PM
I actually took the time to watch the video. And I will say this if you had a bench boiler like a true 308er you would have touched with ease. You will see a true boiler this weekend!

robchris
10-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Awesome lift Paul!!!

I'm pressing about 1/2 that amount off 3-bd.! LOL.....

bencher8
10-20-2009, 06:36 PM
heck Rob, if I had a boiler, even a decent sized one, I would be well over a grand by now! If I had your boiler, I would be the WR holder for sure! lol