PDA

View Full Version : [Pro Journal] - Scott Yards Training Log

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScottYard
10-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I am currently resting up for a raw meet november 7th. Im hoping to get a PR total and crack the 2000 mark. My best raw total to date is 1980. Instead of cutting and pasting my entire log from Elite for this cycle Ill add my training clips to show what Ive been up to the past few months.

My training is pretty simple. For the squat I do 5-3-1. For my Bench I use a a variety of ME type lifts alternating each week. For my Pull I use more of a periodization cycle with 3 exercises. Pulls from the top, Pulls off the floor and block pulls. I deload every 4th week on all lifts. Thats pretty much it.

Here are highlight from this training cycle.

685 for 3 Squat

MGZnCpxrfx4

635 for 6 Squat

Zxsi-b8RMS4
770 Block Pull

vKVWB6Kv6oA
705 Deadlift Double

3EYOgzL1_vw
1B 530 Bench

HrVIsJFKwQE

Heres vids of my best lifts from my last raw meet in may.

730 Squat

GXticI7JDqk

505 bench

SwAhmF-_Le8

745 Deadlift

IJXT5xgq8wk

Travis Bell
10-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Fixed the videos for ya

Clifford Gillmore
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Some awesome videos Scott! I'm happy to see you post up some differnt things rather than just your log from EFS, especially since I follow that too :)

gatorman2k6
10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I always check out your log on elite, so I will definitely be following your progress here too.

Brian Hopper
10-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Awesome videos Scott!!!

ScottYard
10-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Recovery and Stinch

Band Traction 3 sets of 30 seconds each arm with blue band
Bench with bar 100 reps
lat pulls with 45lbs 100 reps
Shoulder circuit with 5 lb D.B's( 10 reps to front, side rear and overhead)

Im trying to get as much blood in the area as possible. Wednesday Im going to do 3 sets of 100 with reverse blue bands with 135. Ive been told this is good ****.

Also.................................I smell today!

I made chicken tacos last night for dinner. I took a shower before cooking them. For some reason I fried 2 whole onions and the whole house smelled for a few hours. Any way with my towell being wet( from just showering) it must of absorbed all that onion smell. When I took a shower this morning I used that towell and realized that it was reaking of onions. Not good when I have 3 meeting stoday. I re-showered and threw the towell in the wash and got a new one but i swear I still smell. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you chicken tacos.

Twirl
10-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Damn you chicken tacos.

Lol! That's some funny ****, awsome lifts too man!

ScottYard
10-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Assistance Day.............Or lack thereof I guess.

I tried to do some back, bicep, and upper back work today but it was a no go. Too much pressure on my shoulder. Instead I did a very light weight high rep recovery workout again

I did lat pull downs with Wide bar, neutral Grip pull downs on machine, Hammer strength low row, Hammer strength high row, Hammer strength shrug, hammer strength curl machine.

All machines for 2 sets of 30

Then I did: Incline bar for 30, Decline bar for 30, and flat bench bar for 30

Abs: 3 Sets of 15 each. Standing Cable Abs, hanging Leg Raises, Inline Ab board Sit ups.

I finished with 25 Minutes on the treadmill.

Just focusing on what I can do, and not what I canít.

ScottYard
10-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Squat Pull Day

Squat
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
520 for 1 700% OF BEST RAW SQUAT OF 730

Block Pull
135 for 3
225 for 1
315 for 1
405 for 1
520 for 1 70% of meet best of 745

FINISHED UP WITH SOME BLUE BAND LEG CURLS, KNEE EXTS AND LEG RAISES, STANDING CABLE ABS, AND INCLINE BENCH ABS WITH MINI BANDS.

3 SETS OF 15 FOR EVERYTHING.

I ALSO DID MORE REHAB

More Rehab...............................................

I did a **** load OF barbell movements with just the bar. Military, Bench, Row ect. I also threw in some pulldowns and curls. nothing much and very light weight. basically im just trying to keep the joint loose and mobile. My Dr gave me some nice NSAID's and they seem to be helping. I have only taking them 2 days and my should feels better.

The only problem is I cant drink on this **** as it will tear your stomach up..............DAMN I just filled my kegerator up with a new keg. I guess it wont hurt though. My weight is at 278 2 weeks out and If I cut the booze out due to the pills I may not have to cut any weight come meet day.

None the less Im tired of taking it easy and ready to compete. 2 weeks out!

Coke
10-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Killer vids man, exceptional lifts.

ScottYard
10-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Killer vids man, exceptional lifts.

Thank You!

ScottYard
10-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Well.....................................I get the old nock nock on the door. Run down stairs and no ones there except a big ass box full of atlarge goodies.

I opened my box and immidiately slammed some results, Ets and a opticen shake. I was happy that they actually tasted good. I have issues with protein shakes and typically shy away from them b/c they taste like **** for the most part. Im excited to say I wont have any issues gulping these bad boys down as they arent just managable to swallow, They actually are tasty. I have 2 weeks to jam as much atlarge in me as I can until my meet is here. Im sure all the extra intake in quality nutrients will let my shoulder heal faster.

ScottYard
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Bench Day

Still no benching today and just some rehab and triceps, Light delts, biceps and abs. I took Results for the first time prior to training. I def had some good energy heading into the gym. Iím sure the results had a role in that.

I did 135 with reverse blues for 1 set of 100 and 5 sets of 50. Just to get the joint to move and blood pushed in there. I then did 135 for 2 reps with out the bands and had minimal pain. Thatís a good sign as just the bar hurt 3 weeks ago.

Triceps

Tate presses
25's for 8
50's for 8
95's for 8 this is the heaviest I have ever gone on these and it felt heavy.

3 Sets of 10 with V-Bar Push downs

3 sets of Side/Front raises with 25's

These werenít too bad. Little sore but felt better at third set.

Reverse band Chins. Iím doing this for shoulder rehab as well. 1 set of 30 I took the bands off to test the waters and did 3 reps before I bagged it, Shoulder felt off and I donít want to irritate it even more 2 weeks out from the meet.

1 Arm Dumbbell hammer curl 1 climbing set per arm. Each weight back to back with out rest
25's, 35's 50's, 60's Each 8 reps. Biceps were on fire.

Finished the workout with Incline Mini band abs, Lying Leg Raises and some standing cable abs. 3 sets of 15 each.

Iím really hoping that I can hit my lats hard this Tuesday with zero shoulder issues. We will see.........

Captain_Crunch
10-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Another great addition to WBB. I'll be following for sure.

wimarine88
10-26-2009, 01:41 PM
Amazing stuff in here. Yet another great source of motivation, keep up the good work and thanks for being a part of WBB!

ScottYard
10-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Finally some sort of assistance work.

Woke up today with the shoulder feeling better then previous mornings wich was a good sign for todays workout. Decided to do a descent workout up to about 90% weights wise. I need to get some kind of work done and 90% is better then nothing as long as my shoulder can handle it.

T-Bar row
I worked up to 4 plates for 8 reps. My shoulder only hurt during the racking and un racking part. Good sign.

Reverse peck Deck
2 sets of 10 with 50lbs

This is a very good sign. I have not been able to do these at all the past 3 weeks. Now I typically do the stack at 250lbs but Im happy to be able to even do the damn thing now.

Bent Dumbell Raises
50s for 3 sets of 8 No Pain. Would liek to go 65's on these but this was enough to get the blood flowing.

Seated Ab machine
3 sets of 15
Standing Cable Ab Crunches
2 sets of 15
hangin leg raises
1 sets of 30

Treadmill for 30 minutes. Shoulder held up pretty good. Getting better is better then getting worse! The meet is 13 days out and Im starting to get a positive outlook.

Finished the workout with an Opticen shake. Good ****!

ScottYard
11-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Back From WV. I had to go to a funeral for my wifeís uncle in WV the other day. I gotta say Iím a cheeseburger and fry guy and I love Wal-Mart as much as anybody, But I have never seen that many hunting hats and jeans with t-shirts at a funeral. Definitely a different kind of life then what a Baltimore Boy like me is used to.

Anyway I did my last bench workout going into the meet. Iím 6 days out now.

Bench
Bar for 10 3 sets
95 for 10
135 for 5
185 for 2
225 for 1
255 for 1 (50% of Meet best)

I was pretty happy today going up to 255 to the chest. This is the heaviest I have gone to the chest in about 5 weeks now and I had zero pain. The only difference I can really think that I have made since the injury is the Addition to At larges ETS. This Aids in recovery and I have been taking it for a little over a week now and it must be kicking in. I have also added 100 plus grams of protein to my diet with Opticen and Nitrean.

I then did Reverse band again with blues and 135 for 4 sets of 50 for rehab work.

I also did some Green band shoulder traction work as well.

I then did a little ab work and thats all. Nothing else to write about except that Iím ready for the meet. The goal hasnt changed. Im still looking for 2000 injury or not.

Coke
11-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow man, your meet is fastly approaching - good luck!!

ScottYard
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Wow man, your meet is fastly approaching - good luck!!

Thanks!

ScottYard
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I was just thinking...........It has been 45 days since I injured my shoulder. I have resorted to only washing my hair with my one good arm. I only pick my kid up with my one good arm. I have even been having my wife do most of the work during nookie time to save the shoulder. (Hell if I wasnít married I would be doing something else with my only good arm lol). After all this and it still is not healthy. Maybe I shouldnít bench at the meet? I have never had an injury that stopped me from lifting and maybe Iím just not familiar with my own threshold. Iím definitely going to make a game time decision but Dave T made a good point in an email that " Plus I have to squat first then bench" and this may blow my shoulder out before I even get to the bench. Iím definitely in a pickle with this one. I just want to get the meet started and find out how it all plays out. I have done it in my head so many times already that now the suspense is killing. Iím definitely going to open with a token bench to keep in the meet. After that Iím just not sure yet. Just random thoughts that WERENíT from jack handy!

ScottYard
11-08-2009, 12:04 PM
11-07-09 APA DE Power Frenzy

275 Class. I weighed 275 on the nose.

Squat Wraps and belt.
650 Good lift
735 Good Lift 5 LB PR
750 Good lift 20 LB PR

Bench
55 Lbs Not a PR!
500 Miss
500 Miss

Deadlift
650 Good Lift
750 Good Lift 5 LB PR
770 Miss

Meet went great. I squatted and pulled for PR's. On the bench I opened at 55 to save my squat and tried to bench. Warm ups felt awfull and 405 hurt like a mother. I decided to take a chance any way. I went to 500 wich is what I needed minimal for 2000. I pushed it up and when my shoulder felt like it was about to tear I stopped pushing. I tried again on a 3rd with a mega wide grip and tried to do a shirted technique bench and did the same. I hurt my shoulder on my third squat pretty good. Once I did that I knew there was no chance of doing a 500 bench. But I took a chance. My shoulder feels like dog **** but atleast I know I tried. Im going to get an MRI scheduled this week to see what the deal is. None the less every thing went awesome. meet was great. My training partners had great days. Matt Wilson hit a big 1105 squat and 2550 total. he missed a 770 pull for 2600. he had 770 locked out and his hand tore. All in all im very happy right now with my results. I went for 770 on the pull and it didnt budge LOL. One of these days ill get a third deadlift. I loaded up on results prior to the squat and took opticen shakes beofre benching and pulling. I felt pretty good all day. I have never focused on nutrition meet day as its a pain in the ass but using the shakes helped me stay energetic and ready to lift. Thanks to Atlarge. Even though I havent been with them long. Atlarge def had a postive effect on my performance meet day.

Heres videos of my squat and pull of 750.

750 Squat
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SEnEUxMwSE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0SEnEUxMwSE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

750 Deadlift
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uu7JBeA2Sbk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uu7JBeA2Sbk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lones Green
11-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Great work buddy, time to change that sig!

Best wishes for the MRI.

Coke
11-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Way to raise up at the meet with your deads, killer new PR on the squats.

Not too surprised what happened on the bench, hope that clears soon enough bro.

ScottYard
11-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks guy!

I havent been doing much this week training wise. Post meet I feel like **** for 2 weeks or so and to be honest dont feel like training lol.

I did do a light shoulder worout to get some blood in the bad one. Nothing fancy just light weights and high reps

Military
95 for 3 sets of 20

Side, Front bent Raise
15's for 3 sets of 15 each

Shoulder Traction
3 sets of 25 Seconds each.

Thats about it. I do have a Appt set up with a Orthopedic Surgeon next week for my shoulder. It will finally be good to see what the hell the issue is.

DGabe24
11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Good luck with the Doc man.

ScottYard
11-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Just wanted to post a little something something before I get tagged as a loser who doesnít train and isnít hardcore, or whatever other things that guys who donít compete say towards those who do lol.

10 days post meet. Shoulder feels like ass but everything else is coming around. I have an Appointment Scheduled with a top sports rehab clinic tomorrow and hopefully an MRI will shed some light on what the dizzle is.

I donít plan on training hard at all this week. Iím not sure what Iíll do next week yet. I will be doing some light prehab things and some ab work. I just want to focus on my shoulder and what the Docs say rehab wise.

Travis Bell
11-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Good stuff Scott.

Keep us updated on how the MRI goes. Get that shoulder feeling better!

Ben Brizendine
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Really sucks to have that hanging over your head. Let us know the results of the MRI bro.

ScottYard
11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Went to the Ortho today. Took xrays ect. It turns out I have cyst's in my shoulder joint and I have some seperation in my AC joint and the Doctor thinks that judging by the distance between my AC joint that I may have had a mild seperation when I initally injured it. She said the cyts may have started when this happened or just been irritated.

I was giving a Cortizone injection directly on the top of the AC Joint, and told to see how that works. Afer a bunch of Movement tests they said my rotator cuff is in good shape at face value but if this doesnt help to come back and do an MRI. Who knows? Hopefully this atleast lets me sleep on that side again.

I plan to take 1 more full week off then begin a 2 week prehab/rehab mini cycle for the entire body then start training for a may meet. 2000 lbs is still un finished business and a goal that will stay on top of my list.

Travis Bell
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Bet that shoulder is sore about now! lol. Good deal on the rotator though!

Have you ever seen that video of the H-Rolls? It's be an excellent exercise for you to add in

ScottYard
11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I havent seen that. Ill run a search for it. Thanks!

gatorman2k6
11-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey Scott, hope the shoulder feels better. I've got a question for you about raw squatting. Since Oct '08, I've had loose cartilage under my right knee cap. I took some meds and that helped it out for a short while, but it was always annoying me. Using Jim's 5/3/1, I worked up to 195x9 in my last squat cycle before the doctor told me to squat lighter (he and I never saw eye to eye). I went back this Oct. and he said physical therapy. So, I've been going lately and he said it has to do with the inside part of my quad being weaker than the outside making the quad pull my patella outwards instead of inwards. But, he said at our next session we would discuss free squatting again.

So, if he gives me the go, I want to get your opinion on my routine. Sorry for the long post, but my question is whether I should use 5/3/1 for squat or not, knowing that I will start lighter. I'm just not sure whether 5/3/1, or 5x5, or what would be better. I would think 5/3/1 with 5lbs increases each cycle, instead of 10lbs, would be the best because it would allow for slow progression that wouldn't strain my knee. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help and I always follow your log on here and elite. Your vids are fun to watch.

ScottYard
11-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I think 5*5 will be even more grinding on your knee and the volume will be higher. Try this. Do the 5/3/1 but alternate how you move the weight each cycle. I have a guy that I have him go one cycle with the same weights but go for a rep pr, then the next cycle we up the weights 5 lbs, then the next cycle again stick with the weight and go for a rep pr. Make sense. On the first 2 sets just do singles. This will save your knee and then on the 3rd set go all out.

For your inner quad do light high rep leg presses with your toes pointed in. This will work that inner quad for you.

ScottYard
11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Went to the Ortho today. Took xrays ect. It turns out I have cyst's in my shoulder joint and I have some seperation in my AC joint and the Doctor thinks that judging by the distance between my AC joint that I may have had a mild seperation when I initally injured it. She said the cyts may have started when this happened or just been irritated.

I was giving a Cortizone injection directly on the top of the AC Joint, and told to see how that works. Afer a bunch of Movement tests they said my rotator cuff is in good shape at face value but if this doesnt help to come back and do an MRI. Who knows? Hopefully this atleast lets me sleep on that side again.

I plan to take 1 more full week off then begin a 2 week prehab/rehab mini cycle for the entire body then start training for a may meet. 2000 lbs is still un finished business and a goal that will stay on top of my list.

ScottYard
11-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Squat / Pull Day with out either.

No squatting or pulling today just a bunch of hip work and abs. I also did some bicep and forearm work. The next few workouts will focus on these things. No barbell movements, mostly band and dumbells where applicable. Shoulder needs rest and some little muscles need some work. Perfect time to get both done.

I did 4 super sets of 8 diferent movements. I did 3 sets each of each lift for 10-15 reps each

Green band G.M
LYing Leg Raises

Seated band leg Raises (great for flexors)
Incline mini band Sit ups

Standing Band Glute Squeeze
Standing band Crunches

Standing bands leg raises to side
Incline Mini band Crunches

Seated Concentration Curls
3 sets of 10 with 50's

Forearm Exts with Forearm on bench
25s for 2 sets of 10

Done.

On the standing band squeezes I put a mini band around the bottom of a power rack and and put my foot in the other end and did exts with my legs straight to the side and rear. Good Stuff!

gatorman2k6
11-19-2009, 07:37 PM
I think 5*5 will be even more grinding on your knee and the volume will be higher. Try this. Do the 5/3/1 but alternate how you move the weight each cycle. I have a guy that I have him go one cycle with the same weights but go for a rep pr, then the next cycle we up the weights 5 lbs, then the next cycle again stick with the weight and go for a rep pr. Make sense. On the first 2 sets just do singles. This will save your knee and then on the 3rd set go all out.

For your inner quad do light high rep leg presses with your toes pointed in. This will work that inner quad for you.

I'm a little confused, which doesn't surprise me. Let me see if I got this right. For my example, my training max will be 205lbs and I will use the 10% increments.

1st cycle:
Wave 1- 135x1, 155x1, 175xas many as I can get
Wave 2- 145x1, 165x1, 185x ""
Wave 3- 155x1, 175x1, 195x ""
Deload

2nd cycle:
Wave 1- 135x5, 155x5, 175x5
Wave 2- 145x3, 165x3, 185x3
Wave 3- 155x5, 175x3, 195x1
Deload

Then I would do the same as the 1st cycle with a 5lbs increase. Is this right, or did I completely screw it up? Also, that is strange that you mention the toes inward, because he has me do all my PT work with toes outward. Thanks again for all the help.

ScottYard
11-20-2009, 07:02 AM
I re did to show what i meant

1st cycle:
Wave 1- 135x1, 155x1, 175xas many as I can get
Wave 2- 145x1, 165x1, 185x ""
Wave 3- 155x1, 175x1, 195x ""
Deload

2nd cycle:
Wave 1- 135x5, 155x5, 175xtry to break pr from last cycle with same weight
Wave 2- 145x3, 165x3, 185x3
Wave 3- 155x5, 175x3, 195x1
Deload

3rd cycle:
Wave 1- 135x5, 155x5, 180x Add 5 lbs to all weights this is 5lbs more from last 2 cycles
Wave 2- 145x3, 165x3, 190x?
Wave 3- 155x5, 175x3, 200x?

This way you arent moving the weight up each time but still can go after prs. Its just half the time it will be rep prs with heavier weight, and half the time it will be weight prs for same reps

gatorman2k6
11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks Scott, that makes sense. Now on cycle 3, would I stop using singles with the first 2 sets like I did in cycle 1? Sorry for all the questions, but I am in an interesting position. Thanks again for all your help.

ScottYard
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I wouldnt.

gatorman2k6
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all the help Scott. I am anxious to find out on Nov. 30, what the therapist has to say about squatting. He has been cool with everything else so hopefully he has good news. Hope the shoulder recovers fast.

SELK
11-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Hey Scott I am glad you brought you log over here as well, been reading it on elite for a while now.

I have a question for you regarding your bench press routine which you outlined in the elite bench manual (the one where you do 4sets of 2reps at 90% etc). It sounds like it would work good for me as I seem to lose my form when touching weights and I think its holding back my bench quite a bit.

Do you just bench 1x per week when doing this plan? Or did you incorporate any other training like DE work? You mention you do some board presses before you get in the shirt, my best 2 board press raw is 405lbs, would it make sense to work to 365ish (90% 1rm for movement) then get into the shirt? Should I be looking at upping the raw board weekly before getting into the shirt?

ScottYard
11-21-2009, 08:02 AM
1 time per week.

No De Work

I would vary this, I may go up to only 80% on the boards first or I might go for a PR on the boards. I kept this open and based off feel of the day.

The 1 thing you want to focus on is the Raw high board work after the shirt work. 5 boards for triples. Try to get stronger in this each week.

My goal with my program was to get better in the shirt with full range sets and to get stronger by doing the boards heavy.

SELK
11-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks scott, I have a feeling that this bench cycle is going to really help me.

ScottYard
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Still in recovery mode. My bench days will be on a sliding upward scale for the next 4 weeks. Mostly rehab with the goal to lift pain free by the 4th week. I am going to be focusing on shoulder stability and building the smaller muscles around my injured AC joint. Im doing this over 4 weeks b/c I dont want to be fooled by the cortozone shot and re-injure my self

BENCH 135 FOR 5 SETS OF 10

NEXT WEEK I WILL ADD A FEW SETS WITH THE SAME WEIGHT

NO PAIN

SHOULDER REHAB

ALL MOVEMENTS FOR 3-5 SETS OF 10-15

SHOULDER HORN
EXTERNAL ROTATIONS
INTERNAL ROTATIONS
MINI BAND PULL APARTS

ABS
LYING LEG RAISES
INCLINE MINI BAND ABS

3 SETS OF 15 EACH

DONE

ScottYard
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
thanks scott, i have a feeling that this bench cycle is going to really help me.

let me know how it pans out.

gatorman2k6
11-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you have a good plan to get that shoulder healed. I look forward to you getting back into your usual flow of training.

ScottYard
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I tried something different today. I wanted to train my lats but I knew my shoulder would be bitchy about it. So I decided to do 2 workouts. 1 mini lat/Bicep workout with 2 sets of 20 reps each with light weight and 1 regular workout to see if I could push the weight up a bit. I did these 2 workouts but in between them I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I figured the treadmill would get my body temp up and let my shoulder get even looser then if I just did the 1 mini workout first. It seemed to help.......Hereís what I did

Mini Workout
Hammer Strength Low Row
2 sets of 20 1 with 45, 1 with 2 45's

Machine Row
2 sets of 20 with 100lbs

Cable L's 2 sets of 10 (I got these from The Top Five Movements for Shoulder Health
By Andrew Paul) Good Article!

Hammer Strength Curl
1 sets of 20 with 1 45

Crunch machine
4 sets of 15

Treadmill 30 mins at 3.4 speed

Real Workout

Face Pulls 3 sets of 15 40 lbs (Stayed light to get some blood in joints

T-Bar Row
Worked up to 4 plates for 8 reps. Shoulder felt pretty descent. I decided to use first movement with a moderate weight.

Hammer Strength High row
Worked up to 3 plates, a 35, and a 25 per side for 8 Shoulder did pretty well as this was heavy set. I planned to do the second movement with a near max weight.

Straight bar Curl
135 for 8 these werenít planned but it was on the bar by the machine I was on so I said what the hell. I havenít done these for a long while.

Workout went pretty well. My shoulder isnít aching right now witch is a great thing. Iím

ScottYard
11-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Treadmill 30 Minutes at 3.5 Speed

Abs
10 total sets of 5 different exercises. 2 sets of 20 each movement. basically I did all the machines the ymca has.

Thats about it. I did a bunch of stretching for the lower body and shooulders.

ScottYard
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Started the day off with 30 Minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 speed. Since Im still in post meet mode I am upping the cardio. Im doing this because I just got put on a second BP pill and I think its gotten a little out of control. No need for 2 BP pills at 27. Sure Im 5'8 280 and Both my parents have hyper tension but ****, 2 pills? **** that noise. MORE CARDIO IT IS!

I then did a very light squat Workout. First time since the meet. I took it very easy. Easpecially after walking first

Squats.

135 for 2
225 for 2
315 for 2
405 for 2
500 for 2

I had no equipment(belt, wraps ect) and my nike walking shoes on. Also had to walk the weights out and use a ****ty YMCA bar and a half rack. Man the things we take for granted. makes me realize how much I love our little **** hole of a gym that we have.

Seated Leg Curls
3 sets of 10

Hammer Strength Shug machine
3 sets of 20 with 135(AC Joint Rehab)

Hip Machine
3 sets of 20 "Out"

Seated Ab Machine
3 sets of 15

Done

ScottYard
11-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Warm up
5LB Circuit Front, Side, Mill, Rotator,
2 sets of 40 total reps, 10 reps each way
After each set 10 second holds for 4 upper body stretches for the pecks, delt, and triceps.

Bench. Still sticking to the plan rehab wise

Bar for 20 reps
95 for 10 reps
135 for 10 reps 5 sets
185 for 10,8,5,3

Shoulder feels much better. Not in pain anymore but it still doesnít feel like the other shoulder yet. I changed my form to that of my shirted press. Its seems to take pressure off the AC joint when I do this.

Triceps
Push Downs 3 sets of 10
Strict Lying Dumbbell Palm in Exts up to 55's for 10
Standing Light band Ext with V-Bar
3 sets of 15 with 2 light bands

Delts
3 Giant sets of Front and Side Raises Mixed together(1 Side, 1 front, 1 side, 1 front ect, total of 12 reps per set)
25's
35's
45's

Prehab/Rehab
Lying Reverse Blue Band Rows
3 sets of 10
Lying Dumbbell Flies with arm going across body
3 sets of 10 with 5 lbs
Internal External Rotations against band
2 sets of 10 each way.

Abs
Standing Cable Abs
Incline mini band abs
Lying Leg Raises
Standing Cable Abs
1 set of 20 each.

Since I hammered my abs last week I took it easy today with the abs volume wise.

ScottYard
12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Recovery / Rehab
Bench Recovery
Bar for 100 consecutive repsÖÖÖÖ..DAMN!
Followed up by 3 sets of 25 with Close grip
Cable Lís 3 sets of 15
Cable Iís 3 sets of 15
Cable Waves 3 sets of 15 (Stand in front of cable at cable at shoulder level. Move arm up over head then down to waist)
10 Minutes of stretching for shoulder and pecs
Abs
Crunch machine 3 sets of 20
Standing Cable Abs 3 sets of 20
Treadmill
30 minutes

Thatís about it. Light rehab on the shoulders, some abs and a little cardio to finish it up. Iím getting back to my recovery workouts for my bench. I did these when I benched 840 and at that time my raw was considerably stronger as well. Sometimes you have to look back at what you have done to figure out what you need to do to get where you want to be!

ScottYard
12-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Assistance Day

I went pretty hard on the weights today but I tried to keep the volume low. Just a couple hard Sets. Iím doing this as my shoulder rehab has been going well. Since Iím hitting the rehab workouts pretty regularly I donít want to over work those smaller muscles in my shoulder.

Close Neutral grip Chins on weight reduction machine

6 sets of 5

I did the first set at 70 lbs less, then 60, then 50, then 40 then 30, then 20. Chins really stretch out my shoulder girdle and I canít do them normally b/c of the jerking motion in the bottom. I did them this way and was really slow on the up and down. Had my lats burning pretty good.

Reverse Peck Deck

4 sets of 8 1 Arm at a time. 100, 140, 180, 200

This is the first time I have been able to do these without pain in 3 months. Must mean Iím getting better?

Machine Preacher Curl

3 sets of 8. Each set was just about to failure

Lying Crunch machine
4 sets of 15

Cardio I switched it up today
Treadmill at 3.6 10 minutes
Elliptical 10 Minutes at the top setting. My HR was at 180 DAMN!!!!!!!!!! First time on this. It was pretty hard at top level.
Tread Mill 5 minutes at climbing speeds from 3.2 up to 4.0 then a 5 minute cool down at the treadmill.

I finished things up with a Opticen shake and some Creatine Caps from Atlarge.

gatorman2k6
12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Nice work Scott! Glad to see that you are getting the shoulder better.

Coke
12-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Nice work Scott! Glad to see that you are getting the shoulder better.

Same here man, good luck bouncing back...killer heart rate going with the cardio.

ScottYard
12-02-2009, 08:43 AM
thanks guys!

gatorman2k6
12-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Scott, I got good news from the physical therapist saying that I could squat again. But, he said to start off in the smith machine (which I don't agree with). I've asked guys before, but when I squat my normal style, narraw/oly, my knees don't travel too far forward, which is good, but it is very easy for me to keep them pushed out which is what I have always read to do. I posted a squat video in my training journal (not the last page, but the one just before) from pre knee injury. I was just wondering how my form looked if you could check it out. The general conclusion was arch more. BTW, if you do check it out, I know where I squatted wasn't the safest area, but that was just to try out my shoes, I squatted the rest of the summer in a power rack. Thanks again for all your help with setting up my squat plan.

ScottYard
12-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Back to the grindÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ..**** it never ends does it lol. I am training for a meet in mid may now. My thing is you should always be going to the gym for something. Whether it be a fitness goal, fat loss, or in my case to lift as much weight as I can before I fall apart. IF I donít have a goal I have no reason to go to the gym. I donít want to be a guy that just works out. I want to train, but you can only call it training if you are preparing for something. My prep for 2000 starts now!

I will use only a Belt for the next 8 weeks. This is the prep phase. Basically it is 5/3/1 without max reps on the last set. I do 2 rounds of this. This cycle I will only do the reps and weights as prescribed. Next mini cycle I will add 1 rep to the last set. This gives me somewhat of an off season effect while still preparing for the meet. Basically it keeps the weights lower and the intensity more moderate before the building phase begins. I actually skipped the first week of this mini cycle. I like to work backwards from the meet date and make it work out heading into the meet program wise and sacrifice the beginning of the cycle if needed. With the meet the way it is and with 5 mini cycles planned I had to start on week 2. No biggy

Squat

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
470 for 3
540 for 3
605 for 3

Speed Pulls
300 for 6 singles. I kept the weight down as I donít want to aggravate my AC joint.

Assistance Work

Good Morning 135 for 2 sets of 10

Leg press for 2 sets of 25 with varying stances

Lying leg Raise 2 sets of 15

Standing Cable Abs 2 sets of 15

Side bends 2 sets of 15

Done. I have a wedding this weekend for a fraternity brother. I know I might make it out ok, But my liverÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ.letís just say Iíll be doing a pre game prayer.

gatorman2k6
12-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Nice work Scott and thanks for all of the help!

Coke
12-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Good job bro, those squats are huge.

ScottYard
12-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks man. First workout always sucks so bad. makes me reconsider even training lol. It usually gets better by the 25th week of the training cycle though lol.

ScottYard
12-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Shoulder Rehab and Cardio

Cable L's

3 sets of 15 10 Lbs

Cable I's

3 sets of 15 20 lbs

Exegerated Face Pulls mimicing Shoulder Horn

3 sets of 15 30 Lbs

Ab Circuit
12 LB Medicine Ball Sit up
Crunch Machine
Hanging Leg Raise
3 giant sets of 15 each.

Treadmill
30 Minutes

ScottYard
12-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Bench

Bar for 3 sets of 10
95 for 5
135 for 10
185 for 10
205 for 10
225 for 10

Shoulder felt pretty descent today. I think I managed to stay off it all night in bed. Plan is working well. Easing into things and just taking my time. 225 was the first time in a while that I actually put some force into the bar and wasnt too nervous about. Must be getting better.

Strict Lying D.B Exts Palms in
20's for 8
35's for 8
50's for 8

Side Raises
20's for 8
35's for 8
50's for 8

Lying Reverse Blue band Rows
3 sets of 15

Shoulder Horn
3 sets of 15 with 15's

DONE

I cant wait to start getting after it again. Next week I plan to go to 275 and if that feels good with out pain I going to start training. Ill have a deload week then get into my meet cycle prep for may.

vdizenzo
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Glad the shoulder is feeling better.Make sure to be patient.

ScottYard
12-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Thats the hardest part!

thanks vin

gatorman2k6
12-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Glad to hear the shoulder is starting to feel better. Like I said before, you set out a patient plan for rehabbing it, and it looks like it is paying off.

ScottYard
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Recovery / Cardio Day

Cardio

Elliptical

22 Minutes. Every 5 minutes I did 2 minutes backwards. Heart rate stayed at 140 or so. Since the intensity is a little harder on these Iím being sure to try and keep some balance in over all work done. Thatís accounts for the backward splits.
Treadmill 5 minutes at 2.5 for a cool down

Abs

Cable Abs 3 sets of 15 With Stack

Machine Sit up 3 sets of 15 With Stack

Bench Recovery

Machine Bench 50lbs for 50 reps

Military Machine 30 Lbs for 50 Reps

Dip Machine 20 Lbs for 50 Reps

Hip machine 2 sets of 15 in, 2 sets of 15 out. About 100lbs or so.

Thatís all for today. I did not do any direct rehab work for the shoulder today. I feel I was getting in the habit of doing it all the time. Key to remember is to let things rest as well and that the rest is just as important as the rehab movements.

ScottYard
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Assistance / Rehab / Cardio Day

Seated Row Machine

1 set of 20 with 50lbs

3 sets of 8 with Stack

Chin Machine -40lbs.

Iím Still Afraid to do full body weight chins But doing these is a confidence builder that I am getting better as I could not do 1 rep with out mega pain 2 months ago.

1 set of 8 with a neutral Grip

1 Set of 8 with a wide grip

Both sets took about 45 seconds as I was moving slooooooooooow.

Face Pulls
5 sets of 8 120 Lbs

Machine hammer Curls
5 sets of 8 with 100 lbs

Abs

Crunch Machine

3 sets of 15

Standing Cable Abs

3 sets of 15

Rehab

External Rotations

2 sets of 10

Internal Rotations

2 Sets of 10

Cable Iís

2 Sets of 10

Cable Lís 2 Sets of 10

Cardio

Treadmill

25 Minutes at 3.0. Since yesterdays Elliptical work was pretty intense I took it very easy today.

Thats all for today. Thursday I get back to pulling and Im looking forward to it.

ScottYard
12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Squat Just a Belt this cycle
135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1

Work Sets
505 for 5
570 for 3
640 for 1

Pulls from the top
225 for 3
315 for 3
405 for 3
500 for 1
655 for 3

G.M's
135 for 3 sets of 10

Leg Raises
3 sets of 15

Short and Sweet today. Today was alot better then last week. That First week always sucks coming back. Assistance work is moderate as it is a shock to the system after taking off for almost a month.

I did catch a Virus and it woke me up at 4:00 this morning. Mostly puking ****ting and sleeping today. Hopefully the kid wont get sick. Poor girl had to do a baream enima today. She doesnt poop right and they wanted to see how her intestines flowed. So they put a tube up her rear and watched die float around. She was not happy at all. She was better after ice cream.

JSully
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
WOW those are some wickid squats..

I always wondered, does the heavy weight ever start to feel light?

For instance, I'm new to the 600lb raw squat club. Have been in for a month or so and now 500 feels pretty light coming out of the hole. 585 still feels like a grip of weight, but that's because I'm at about a 605-610 max. So when you're squatting 700+, how is 550-650 coming out of the hole? Do you ever get down there and are like "man, this is gonna be rough"? lol

What about walking it out? IMO anything over 5 is rough to walk out with. I hit a 495+avg bands box squat a few weeks ago and I thought it was going to cripple me walking out. I smoked a 585 last week and the walkout was harder than the actual squat.. Does this get easier?

Crappy about the kiddo, good call with the ice cream though!

EDIT: AWESOME videos btw.. do you always squat high bar?

gatorman2k6
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Nice squatting Scott! Hope you and your kid get better.

ScottYard
12-14-2009, 07:09 AM
I like the bar high on my back, It Works best for me. As for weights. they always feel ****ty lol. Treat every weight like it is a max and it will always feel hard because you should always be trying to put as much force into your first lifts as you would you last. We have a monolift so i never walk weight out.

ScottYard
12-14-2009, 07:09 AM
Just plugging away little by little on the bench still. I think my Cortizone **** is wearing off though. Funny thing is now the pain has gone from a very dull tooth ache like pain to a sharp very localized pain in one spot. Iím hoping the joint is healing up and itís just one of the ligaments giving me **** while itís actively healing up. Either way things are going forward any progress is good progress.

Bench

Bar for 20
095 for 10 2 sets
135 for 10 2 sets
185 for 10
225 for 10
275 for 10

This felt good. I was able to put allot of force into the bar without aggravation. I wanted to go to 315 but Iím being patient.

Floor Pin Press 3 inches

135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 5

Iím trying these to find out what type of lockout work I can do with the most bang but with minimal potential for injury. This seems like a possibility as the strain on my shoulder is minimal. I used a wide grip today. I may go to a Close Grip next week. Obviously the weight is light but Iím in experimentation mode until I feel 100% injury free.

I didnít do anything else. I was so happy to be pain free I didnít want to jinx myself lol.

Iím going to go 3 wheels up in this bitch next week mother ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride or Die..........

(Sorry, I havenít been excited about benching 3 plates since I did it for the first time in 9th grade lol. Iím pumped!)

ScottYard
12-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Cardio / Recovery

Eliptical Machine
25 minutes with HR at 125 90% of the time. During backwards intervals every 5 minutes HR would go up to 150.

Treadmill 5 minutes at 3.6 then 5 minute cool down

Bench Recovery

Bench
3 sets of 50 with the bar

Incline
1 sets of 50 with the bar

Dip machine
1 sets of 50 with 20 lbs

Abs
Standing Cable Crunch
5 heavy sets of 10.

This was as heavy as I could go with doing these right.

gatorman2k6
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Nice work! Glad to hear that the shoulder is holding up and that you are playing it smart. Keep up the good work!

ScottYard
12-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Assistance Work

Hammer Strength High Row
2 warm up sets then a heavy descending set with only enough rest to take the plate off
4 plates and a 25 for 8 reps
4 plates for 8 reps
3 plates for 8 reps

This is a nice piece of equipment. You start with the row at head level and the row ends at your chest level. I set this up to end at my touch spot of my bench. I really like this one.

Bent D.B Raises
2 sets of 10 with the 50's

EZ bar Curl
2 sets of 10 with a 45 and a 10 on each side

I havenít done these in years. I Def need to get off the machines more and do some old fashion curls more often.

Standing Side Raises
2 sets of 10 with 55's

Rehab

External Rotations
2 sets of 10 with 15 Lbs

Face Pulls
2 Sets of 10 with 50 Lbs

Band Shoulder Horns
2 sets of 10

Abs

Straight leg Incline Sit ups
3 sets of 15 with BW

These fried my hip flexors

Seated Ab Machine
3 sets of 15 with Stack

Cardio

30 Minutes on Treadmill at 2.9

Cardio was very Low tempo today mostly for recovery purposes. Plus my Ass still hurts from the elliptical yesterday. That Damn thing fries my glutes.

Thatís all. I felt better going out then I did going in.

ScottYard
12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Today started the second mini cycle of the intro phase to the meet cycle. This is another prep cycle for the hard weeks to follow. Still no wraps this cycle. This is the exact cycle as last month but all final sets get 1 rep added to them.

Squat belt only
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3
405 for 1

Work Sets
440 for 5
505 for 4
570 for 6

This set felt pretty good with out wraps on. I had a few reps left in the tank but thats not the point of this part of the meet prep. Next cycle the wraps go on and I hope to hit a nice number with this weight.

Pull From the top
225 for 3
315 for 3
405 for 3
545 for 1
680 for 3

Video of 680 for 3
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CzuafhFw3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CzuafhFw3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man these kill my glutes and hammys. I love this exercise and I really do think its contributing to my deadlift PR's the last few meets.

Good Morning
135 for 3 sets of 8

Lying Leg Raises
4 sets of 15

I kept the assistance work relatively light today as this week was supposed to be a deload week but I recently found out the meet in May Iím doing is 1 week sooner then I thought. So no deload in between these cycles. Iím comfortable with that considering I did do **** for a month lol.

Next time I have to do 705 for 3 for a PR on the top pulls. It will be heavy but Iím looking for to it.

Also I met with a physical therapist today and he thinks I may have a cuff tear based upon my exam. Iím going back in Tuesday for an MRI. Maybe now Ill know what the deal is and to fix it NOW!

gatorman2k6
12-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice work Scott! Now, get that shoulder fixed so that you can put up 2000+! Oh, and I'm going to do some light squatting tomorrow to ease the knee back into it. I'm going to try and get some video so that I can post it up for form critiques. Keep up the strong work!

ScottYard
12-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Treadmill
30 Minutes at 3.3 speed

Abs 3 sets of 15 each

Straight leg Sit ups
Cable Abs
Crunch machine

What have I done??????????????????

I woke up today at 6:00 and went to the gym just to do cardio. I even only had 1 cup of vodka last night? WTF. Being put on that 2nd Blood pressure pill last month really was a wake up call for me. Especially now that Iím a Husband and a Father my personal choices donít just affect me and I have to be constantly aware of that. The choices I speak of are the Pre Dinner double cheese burger. The post lunch double cheeseburger. The pre workout Fried chicken sandwich or my favorite. The 6 pack of coke in the morning breakfast. After reading that I really am a fat bastard arenít I! Well since the meet I have cut all that **** out. I have done some form of cardio at least 4 times a week. I have only had fast food 1 time per week (Only if necessary) and I have been following a pretty strict supplementation program. I have also cut out almost all sugars and have been eating 5-6 times per day. I even started eating breakfast lol (Something I never do).

So after all these basic things that everyone should be doing regardless of any sport goals, something happened:

In 6 weeks My BP went from 130 over 95 to 117 over 76. My weight dropped from just 279 to weighing 270. Now I am on medication for the BP, but I have been since I was 18 but after 9 years for the first time I dipped below the normal 120 over 80 that I have read about but never personally seen on my arm cuff.

I feel pretty good about this. If anything it shows how ****ty I was eating and how ignorant I have been to actually think that a mile a week on the treadmill would have any effect. I donít have any weight loss goals or anything like that right now But I do want to be healthier and I acting on that. I never really thought I was true 275er to begin with. I just donít carry the mass that the top guys have. As of now Iím actually enjoying trying to be healthy and while Iím not saying Ill be 242 at my meet in May. I am saying I hope I might be in better shape then I am today.

Time will tell.

gatorman2k6
12-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Congrats on the BP man! Just goes to show what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.

ScottYard
12-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Congrats on the BP man! Just goes to show what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it.

Thanks man

ScottYard
12-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Squat / Bench / Deadlift Day
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to consolidate things this week training wise due to the holidays. Since I had to skip my deload week last week I didnít mind getting in and getting out of the gym today. I just did the main lifts without assistance work. I wasnít planning on this but I hurt my shoulder with 275 for a triple and I just didnít feel like training after that lol. Fortunately my MRI is Wednesday. Iím getting a regular MRI and a 2nd one with a die injection. Luckily I am power lifter though and just donít have all my eggs in one basket (IE: Bench Whore lol). luckily my squat and Deadlift training is ahead of where it was this time last meet so thats good.

Hereís what I did...

Squat Cycle 2 Week 2 of prep phase. Still No wraps and Intensity is still moderate. 1 more week of this phase then itís time to go after some PRs!

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 3
415 for 1

Work Sets

470 for 3
540 for 3
605 for 4 (No maxes on this set, Just 1 more rep then the base reps of Phase 1 of the prep phase)

Bench
135 for 10
135 for 5
185 for 5
225 for 5
275 for 3............DONE this felt horrible. I was planning to try 315 today but obviously my plan can only work if my shoulder is healthy. Counting the seconds to my MRI....

Speed Pulls
275 for 6 singles

Thats all. I told you I didnít do much. HAHA

Hope everyone one has happy holidays.

gatorman2k6
12-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice squats, but that sucks that you aggravated your shoulder again. Luckily your MRI is tomorrow, so you can get it checked out right away. Keep up the good work and hopefully the MRI will turn out alright. Happy holidays.

JSully
12-23-2009, 09:33 AM
amazing squats

ScottYard
12-28-2009, 07:37 AM
First off, my holiday vacation was great and I hope yours was as well. I had a very relaxing time with my family. My wife got me a Wii and we have been playing with that a good bit. We have Wii fit and it says I am morbidly obese. LOL I laughed my ass off but in reality thats pretty sad. Good thing I already am aware of my double chin and I am working on that. Since the shoulder is not cooperating I decided to not really get into any serious training and to get an arm and ab workout in with my brother in laws instead. They both train hard and regularly. They arenít power lifters but they like to work hard and thatís enough for me. Plus I went to my parents before my in-laws place and had a 3 day drinking binge with my family. We like to party hard on the holidays. Why not, itís not like any one has to work the next day HA

Any way hereís what I did, you may be surprised

EZ bar Curls
Worked up to a 35 and a 25 on each side for 10 reps

Standing Over head leaning Cable Extensions
Worked up to the stack of 210 for 8 reps. The hardest part of this was getting in position without killing myself

Hammer curls
Worked up to 75s for 8 reps

Pushed Downs
Worked up to stack of 210 for 8 reps

Abs
Incline Ab Board with 12 Lb Med ball
3 sets of 15

Kneeling Cable Abs
3 sets of 15

Ab Crunch machine
3 sets of 15

And then I did the unthinkable...........

I jogged a mile in 11 minutes...............

I jogged for the first time in about 5 years.

I havenít done anything but a walk for years mainly for 2 reasons. 1, I have always worried it would mess with my Squat workouts, and 2 I am a lazy bastard and used reason 1 as an excuse to stay lazy. I feel pretty good about myself for trying to be better. Even though itís really a piss poor time and kind of embarrassing to be proud of an 11 minute mile but hey you got to start somewhere right.

gatorman2k6
12-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Nice work during the Holidays. Good job with the jogging too. I find it tought to get motivated too. Thankfully, this semester in school my PE class will require me to start running so that's enough motivation for me. Keep up the good work.

JSully
12-28-2009, 04:37 PM
curl jockey..

..lol, on another note, the wii is pretty fun. The wii sports resort has a bunch of really fun games: archer, wake boarding, ping pong.. good stuff. I tried the wii fit and am not a fan, I'm also morbidly obese according to their ratings.. who cares, we lift heavy ****!!

good job on the mile.. though I wouldn't run around flaunting your time, you might get flamed for putting down eveyone else's #s, haha... I'd be lucky to break 13mins right now..

byronsru24
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I know what you mean about the running scott...when I ran a few times over the summer I felt great afterwards...like I really accomplished something. Only then did I realize I wasn't 180lbs anymore, and running HURTS afterward haha

ScottYard
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Well I had my MRI today. The first was a arthragram (sp?). Let me tell you a little bit about going to a small hospital. Sometime s they run out of ****. Basically this MRI is an x ray of your joint while itís being filled with Die. They put a needle in your chest while youíre lying down and put it in your shoulder joint. The good thing is they numb you up first with a few shots of lidocane. The bad thing is the numbing shot needle was only half the length of the die needle b/c they ran out of longer needles in that gage. So basically my skin and pec was numb but the actual joint was not. Iím not going to lie, that needle hitting my joint was not agonizing but damn it wasnít tickling either. The ****er was huge!!!! But itís cool, she did apologize for not being able to numb me properly lol. Once the Die needle was in they had to go find a Dr to supervise the injection. Of course no Dr is available and I had to wait 10 minutes with the needle in my chest.

So Iím told that Iím a good sport blah blah blah and then I get taken to the regular MRI room. As soon as I walk in the guy goes. How much do you weight again? I tell him 270 and he goes, "HuHĒ And I go "HuH" What. And he says ďtell me your not claustrophobicĒ Luckily Iím not so they squeeze me in the machine, and tell me this may take a while b/c this machine is way too small for you. Basically every other picture they had to redo b/c the shoulders were rounded in the machine. None the less the whole experience sucks but on January 5th ill know what the dealio is.

The funniest thing about the whole thing is this. Once the do the Arthragram they say, Now donít let your arm go stiff. It will become very painful, and to keep it moving. After they tell me that they shove me in the MRI machine for 45 still minutes......WTF!

gatorman2k6
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Well considering you are a pretty big guy, it could have gone worse, so it's good that you got it done and didn't have to come back another day. Hopefully, the results will be good and you can get back to benching.

ScottYard
01-03-2010, 12:23 PM
This was the last week of the 2nd Intro phase. Also simply called the second mini cycle of this training cycle. I have done a good base of moderate reps and sets with Moderate weight with out wraps. The purpose of these two mini cycles I just did is to get me back in shape for the two building cycles that are about to kick my ass the next 8 weeks. Things go alot easier when you prepare your self.

Squat.....Again No wraps Just belt
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3
405 for 1

505 for 5
570 for 3
640 for 2

Top Pulls
225 for 3
405 for 3
585 for 1
708 for 3 New PR. This wa ssupposed to be 705 but OOt put on the collars and yes I count every last ounce lol

Video of 708 for 3
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bth-azNCQHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bth-azNCQHE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Assistance Work

3 Sets of 15 Each

Blue band leg Curls
Knee Exts
Incline Mini band Abs

Done. Good workout today and glad to be moving onto the next phase in my training. Things are going well and 640 Without wraps felt good. Even though my shoulder is crunked Im focusing on the things that I can do and not the things that I cant.

gatorman2k6
01-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Awesome work Scott! Squatting and pulling that heavy in the same day must suck, but I bet it helps prepare you for a meet. Keep up the good work and hopefully you can start benching heavy again.

ScottYard
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Awesome work Scott! Squatting and pulling that heavy in the same day must suck, but I bet it helps prepare you for a meet. Keep up the good work and hopefully you can start benching heavy again.

To be honest that the only reason I have 1 lower day. No point in pulling fresh in the gym when you never do in a meet.

JSully
01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
holy ****, those looked like SLDLs...

how's the arm feeling today? any stiffness?

ScottYard
01-04-2010, 12:18 PM
it was busted up for a day or so then the beer kicked in lol

ScottYard
01-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Cardio / Abs / Lats

Just some old fashioned assistance work today. I only did lats today since my training is up in the air due to tomrorows MRI reading. The only thing I have planned right now is a squat day and to do cardio and Abs 4 times per week. Everything else is out in the void for now. Good news though as the two things I am focusing on are doing well.

lats
Lat Pull Down With Neural Grip
3 sets of 8 with Stack

Chest Supperted Row with over hand Grip
3 sets of 8 with Stack

Abs
Cable Crunches
Leg Raises
Sit Up Board
8 Sets of 15 reps total

Cardio
Eliptical
20 Minutes with HR between 125 and 145

Treadmill
10 Minutes with HR at 125 steadily

Thats all. Cant wait for tomorow.

ScottYard
01-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Just some biceps abs and cardio today. Got the MRI reading today and Im kind of nervous.

EZ Bar Curls
Bar for 20
1 45 per side for 10
1 45 and 10 per side for 10

Concentration Curl
2 sets of 8 with 50's

Straight leg Incline Board Sit ups
3 sets of 15

Seated Ab Machine
3 sets of 15

Treadmill at 3.5 for 10 Minutes

Eliptical for 10 Minutes

Tread mill at 3.5 for 10 minutes with cool down

Done.

ScottYard
01-05-2010, 11:50 AM
MRI Results

I have a Split tear in my bicep tendon Where it anchors into my shoulder. Rotator Looks good. The Dr said it was very "Thick" but totally in tact and my labrum is in tact as well. Im told very little intervention is done for something like this but I told her I need to bench again "NOW" and they are to discuss and see what else we can do. If Im not feeling better from the new cortizone shot in my bicep tendon in 6 weeks they will do a scope to see what else can be done.

gatorman2k6
01-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Biceps, Abs and Cardio....you entering a bodybuilding contest soon?? J/K man, but good work lately. Glad to hear that your rotator is ok, and hopefully the doctors will get you back to benching soon. 2000+ needs to fall!

ScottYard
01-07-2010, 07:43 AM
I have come up with my 2010 goals and for the first time in a long time it is not based off weights. Well not barbell weights any way.

Goal 1. Get body weight down to 250 and compete in 242 class.

Goal 2. Get off BP meds.

I have decided this is the year to drop to 242 for a few reasons. I have talked about it for 3 years now and never been able to pull the trigger. Iíll admit most of that had to do with the fear of my numbers suffering. Luckily with my tendon tear I now have an avenue to take a run at this since Iím injured and canít really train any way. I totaled 1980 raw this year and squatted and pulled 750 raw. I can live with those numbers as PR's for a while. I am doing the may meet but Iím not sure if Iíll be 100% by then. I will squat and pull and I will put the weight on the bar for a PR. Considering I canít bench 135 without pain I just donít know right now about benching that day.

As of now my plan is to not lift for a month straight and let this tendon heal. I will do cardio 4-5 times a week along with my abs. I will do a lower body workout once a week of mainly assistance exercises with zero squatting or pulling. Iím going to lay off all upper body lifting for the month and only focus on light rehab for my Bicep and shoulder injury.

Thereís the plan. Time to Act.

JSully
01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
GL with your goals..

lose the weight slowly and keeps carbs high enough and you'll retain your strength..

gatorman2k6
01-07-2010, 10:06 AM
That sucks that this injury is taking longer than you had hoped to heal up. Those sound like great goals and I know you'll accomplish them. I'll keep following to see how the weight loss is going. It's always interesting to see how the top guys drop weight and maintain strength.

ScottYard
01-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I alternated Ab and rehab work today to keep the workout moving and not so dull.

Incline Sit up Board with 12 LB Med Ball
3 sets of 15

Broom Stick Curls
100 reps

Cable Crunches
3 sets of 15

Tubing rotations
3 sets of 15

Lying Crunch Machine
3 sets of 15

Shoulder Horn with tubing
3 sets of 15

Broom Stick Curl
100 reps

Cardio
20 Minutes on Elliptical Average HR 149

10 Minutes on treadmill at 3.6 speed

3 Minute Cool Down at 1.8 speed

Done.

ScottYard
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
GL with your goals..

lose the weight slowly and keeps carbs high enough and you'll retain your strength..

Luckily Im in no rush.

ScottYard
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
That sucks that this injury is taking longer than you had hoped to heal up. Those sound like great goals and I know you'll accomplish them. I'll keep following to see how the weight loss is going. It's always interesting to see how the top guys drop weight and maintain strength.

Ive come to grips with the strength loss. It will come back............Hopefully lol

ScottYard
01-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Elliptical 20 Minutes HR at 150

Treadmill 10 Minutes HR at 125

Straight leg Sit ups on Ab Board

3 sets of 25

5 minutes of stretching for Shoulders / Bicep tendons

Went to the YMCA this morning and I am always amazed at the things I see. I saw a 90 year old dude in there on the treadmill for an hour. Pretty impressive. I mean the dudes 90 years old worked his whole life, and still comes in the YMCA in the morning to stay in shape. I bet he ate steak and bacon every day too.

Also another thing I saw and continue to be grossed out by is Old man balls and Ass. The YMCA is full of them in the locker room. I understand they have no shame but **** put a towel on. I donít want to see you saggy nuts. But the sickest thing of all is when they drop theyíre saggy balls right on the wooden bench that I sit on and put my **** on while changing. So I made a complaint. I put a slip in the suggestion box asking the YMCA to suggest all balls and benches in the locker room be separated by a towel. I donít want to catch some crazy strain of Chlamydia that was from the 1950ís that some old dude got banging his secretary in 1955.

Am I over reacting? Iím just not a ball guy I guess.

JSully
01-08-2010, 09:05 AM
no overreaction IMO..

and that's not just the Y, it's every gym..

I used to go to 24hr fitness and without fail, anytime I go in the morning that **** happens..

StLRPh
01-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Happened all the time when I was used to lift at Lifetime in Scottsdale, AZ as well

gatorman2k6
01-08-2010, 10:09 AM
No overreaction at all. I worked at the Y in Alexandria, VA this past summer and when I lifted there, I tried to get in and out of the locker room as fast as possible. There would be guys that would come out of the shower and instead of wrapping the towel around their waist, they would just throw it over their shoulder. Funniest thing I saw though was a little kid come out of the shower, drop his towel and dry off under those hand dryers. I always wanted to make a complaint, but as an employee, they always said not to bother members.

ScottYard
01-11-2010, 07:18 AM
Today was a deload day for the squat and pull. Since I am taking off for a month to rehab it came at a good time. In line with me keeping the bar off my back and any bar out of my hands it will be pretty easy to get some work in for my lower body. I took it easy today since I went 6 full weeks without a deload due to scheduling reasons for the meet.

Leg Press

7 sets of 8 up to 7 plates per side.

Blue Band G.M

3 sets of 15

Blue Band Leg Curl

3 sets of 15

Done

Typical Deload day. Not too much to write about as you can see. I do plan to push it next week on the leg press and put some weight on the machine. Donít worry Iím putting my knees in my chest so its legit brotein!

JSully
01-11-2010, 08:11 AM
band GMs are wickid.. they absolutely fry my lower back

ScottYard
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Eliptical

20 Minutes. HR was average was 180.

I was moving...Shake & Bake!

Incline Sit Up

3 sets of 25

Thats all......For about a month anyway. I will be doing the rehab stuff Tues, Thurs, and Sat.

Ben Brizendine
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Eliptical

20 Minutes. HR was average was 180.

I was moving...Shake & Bake!

Incline Sit Up

3 sets of 25

Thats all......For about a month anyway. I will be doing the rehab stuff Tues, Thurs, and Sat.

Damn Scott. How far are you comeing down? When I walk by the cardio equipment my heart rate averages about 180.... I think that is different though, lol..

ScottYard
01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Shoulder Rehab for Split tear of Bicep tendon at Humerus

In between exercises I did broom stick curls for sets of 50

Shoulder Horn
Cable L's
External Rotation
Internal Rotation

All with cable from cross over stack

3 sets of 15 Each

I finished with a 100 rep set of all raises to the side with 8 lb dumbells. This burned!

I then did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2 speed HR Avergae was 125. Right were I want it on low impact days.

ScottYard
01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Damn Scott. How far are you comeing down? When I walk by the cardio equipment my heart rate averages about 180.... I think that is different though, lol..

I would like to walk around at 250 for an easy cut to 242. It will be tough but its a challenge and when you have nothing else to do its nice to have some sort of goal lol.

gatorman2k6
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Good work Scott. I know it sucks that you had to change your plan, but at least you are getting the shoulder healthy and your weight down. Keep up the good work!

ScottYard
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
You guessed it more cardio and rehab. I did rehab stuff first as I had a few guys I wanted to speak with about my up coming meet. Iím hustling for entries at this point. Thereís Def some risk that you donít consider when you just do meets without seeing all that goes into running one. For one being the start up cost for trophies, Insurance, Spotter money so they donít work there ass off for free ECT. Any way if any ones interested check out the Entry form at APA-WPA.com
Cardio 25 Minutes Elliptical for 15 with HR at 180 Average. Treadmill for 10 with HR at 130 Average.
Rehab
1 arm raises rotations, pulls ect in every direction. I did about 15 total sets per arm of 15 reps until my arm got tired. Still working with the cross over cable b/c itís easy to maneuver where I want to handle to be so it def facilitates the workout. Tonight was the first missed squat / pull day and I did miss going in tonight. I figure the only way I can take off for the month is to stay out of our private gym and stick to the YMCA. NO ONE at the YMCA makes me want to train. But in there at our on gym with my pals it will be hard to not jump in the ring. So Iím keeping my distance.

Good News is I weighed 266 this morning so thatís a plus. 12 lbs drop since November. HOT DAMN

ScottYard
01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Thats right. You ****ing guessed it.................More god damn cardio.

Treadmill 25 Minutes at 3.0 HR was Steady at 120-125. Low Impact today.

Its not too bad though, atleast Im not that guy at 400 lbs that is trying to shake those last few lbs just to fit back on the roller coasters at kings Dominion.

I actually knew that guy!

Core

Straight leg Sit ups
Seated Ab machine
Lying Crunch machine
Cable Ab Downs

2 sets of 15 Each

Seated Low back Ext machine
45 Degree back Raises

3 sets of 10 Each

Thats about it.

ScottYard
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Started off with cardio for 30 minutes

15 minutes on the Elliptical Followed by 10 on the treadmill finishing up with a 5 minute cool down.

leg press 1 leg at a time
5 sets of 8 back to back with each leg.
I started at 1/4 stack and finished with stack. 40 reps total.

This burned

leg Curls

3 sets of 10

Thats all for today. No Abs today. I ate before I lifted and the thought of Abs made me want to puke. Tomorow seems like a good day for abs!

As you can see my leg workout didnt inlude much. I really have no other reason for this other then I dont feel like it. HAHA. I cant train the way I want to so Im just in chill mode until I can squat and pull again.

Shoulder feels really good right now for the first time in months. Its only been 2 weeks but by not hammering on it like I was has been a huge difference. Of course the cortizone had something to do with that as well. A Few more weeks off and I think I might be ready to squat with out pain. What a thought?

gatorman2k6
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Nice work lately. Glad to hear that the shoulder is feeling better too!

ScottYard
01-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Abs

4 movements 3 sets of 15 each.

I really hammered the abs today since I pussed out yesterday and didnít do them. I made up for it. Iím hunched over still and itís been 5 hours.

Shoulder Rehab

6 different movements 3 sets of 10 each

I used the cable for half and I used a Tube band for the other half of the movements. Just trying to work the shoulder from every angle for maximum rehab.

Indian Clubs

5 minutes broken into 5 sets of 1 minute.

Iím given these a try. I went to the hardware store and made some 2.5 lb clubs out of pipe nipples and reducers. My shoulders were on fire after this. They also felt pretty stretched out and loosened up as well. Iím going to hit these daily as I think they may help. Mr. Simmons recommends them and thatís enough reason for me to use them.

Thatís all for today.

ScottYard
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Started the day off installing a new gas stove in our house. We just paid off the super duper washer and dryer that cost more than a nice used car so we decided to buy more **** from lowes. You canít beat zero % interest though. At least this time we bought a nice stove and not the best stove they have lol. Luckily since I do cook I had some say in this purchase. When we bought the washer and dryer I kept my mouth shut since I havenít done a load of laundry in at least 4 years lol.

Enough of my life in suburbia, hereís what I did today

Rehab

Indian Clubs

5 total minutes of swinging. I went in all directions after wards my shoulders felt awesome. The first 15 swings or so are really tough on my shoulder pain wise but after that it loosens up and I can feel it getting better.

Rotations for Rotator Cuff with Band tubing

6 sets of 12

I did 3 movements and did them back to back alternating arms.

Cardio

20 Minutes on Elliptical

Average HR was 173

10 Minutes on treadmill at 3.2

Thatís all. I havenít touched a weight in 22 days. My Body weight was at 265 so that a new PR. Only 15 Lbs to go.

gatorman2k6
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Congrats on the BW PR! This long period of no weights should really allow for that shoulder to heal up so that you can get back to hitting some PRs.

ScottYard
01-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Nothing much today. Rehab for the shoulder and then I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes starting with 3.0 and ending with 3.8 I added .2 miles per hour every 5-6 minutes.

Good news is I didnt see any old balls today in the YMCA Locker room. Always a huge plus for me lol.

ScottYard
01-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Congrats on the BW PR! This long period of no weights should really allow for that shoulder to heal up so that you can get back to hitting some PRs.

Thanks man.

ScottYard
01-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Bench Day

Still doing nothign but I atleast wanted to do some benching. I did some reverse band work with 135 for sets of 10. Odd thing is this hurt? I think Im playing to much Wii. Damn thing is addicting.

I also did some clubbing. A bunch of swings in all directions. Still liking these.

I did some stretching then called it a day.

ScottYard
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Eliptical
25 minutes then a 5 minute cool down on treadmill.

HR average was at 175.

Abs

4 exercises of 3 sets of 15 reps each.

High intensity day for sure.

Keeping it going...................

ScottYard
01-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Broom Stick Curls
3 sets of 100

Stretching in between sets for delts and Biceps.

Shoudler Horn
5 sets of 10

More Stretching

Ab Crunch machine
5 sets of 15

Cardio

Low Intensity Day
30 Minutes on treadmill.
3.2-3.8 speed. Bumped MPH every 4 minutes
Average HR: 125

Meet Up date:

So my meet is 4 days out. I have had 10 people contact me on this in early Jan and as of the deadline of the 20th I have 1 entry form. I am meeting with the YMCA today to see how many more trickled in after the 20th. I have crunched the numbers and I need at least 10 people to do this meet and not be in the red. I hate to have to pull the plug but Im not running meets to loose money. Especially now with this market where Im now faring too well business wise. SOOOOOOOOOO, If any one is reading this and is planning to do my meet Jan 30th and plans on showing up meet day. let me know now so I know wether or not to cancle the meet. If I do cancel it I will return checks in the mail back ASAP.

ScottYard
02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Meet results

This is the first time I have ever wrote about meet results and it wasnt about me. Feels kinda good.

Well my first meet is in the books and it was a success. We had 14 lifters and the meet was over in 70 minutes.

I had my wife run the table, and luckily from watching about 30 meets now she breezed right through it. I had my training partners judge and spot and all did a great job.

All the lifters seemed to enjoy them selves and most of all no one injured them selves. The spotters only had to take 2-3 lifts all meet. All lifters attempts were smart and within there abilities. Not one person bombed out. Is that a record? lol

All in all Im very happy with how it went and the YMCA was so happy they already called me in to discuss doing a second and third meet at there facility this year.

Brian Hopper
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
That's awesome Scott, congrats on putting on your first meet!!!!

ScottYard
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Cardio Abs and the return of the workout!

Abs

Straght leg Sit ups on ab board.

3sets of 25

Standing Cable Crunchers

3 sets of 15

Crunch machine

1 set of 10

Cardio High intensity

15 hard minutes on the Eliptical Followed by 10 hard Minutes on the treadmill. I Followed this up with with a easy 5 minute cool down on the treadmill.

Average HR 175

BENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy **** it has been over 4 months now since I tore my Bicep tendon. Its been 20 weeks since I benched over 275. its been 6 weeks since I trained my upper body and its been 1 month where I havent trained at all!
So I decided to give it a try and see what happens.

Bench

Bar for 30
135 for 20
185 for 10
225 for 15
225 for 15

Well...........................Sad to say it doesnt feel great yet. Shoulder was very tender but felt better as the reps went. I think this is attributed to the scar tissue. It did feel better then it did 6 weeks ago so that a plus. I may not bench heavy for a long while but I am going to start hitting my lats delts tris and biceps though.

ScottYard
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
That's awesome Scott, congrats on putting on your first meet!!!!

Thanks. It felt good to contribute to the sport.

ScottYard
02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Since Im back at it I decided to test the Shoulder in pulling exerises.

Seated Row Machine

4 sets of 10 working up to full stack.

I felt zero pain doing this in my shoulder. My bicep was tight but so was the good one so Im just going to attribute that to not training for a month.

T-Bar Row

4 sets of 10 working up to 4 plates

This was my baseline exercise. This movement was almost as bad as the reverse peck deck was(Wich was the worst movement pain wise). I didnt feel anything on this exercise as well.

Thats all I did. I didnt do any direct bicep work b/c I dont wont to directly hit the tendon yet.

Cardio

30 Minutes on treadmill at 3.4

gatorman2k6
02-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice work Scott! Glad to see that you are back to lifting again. I'm also glad to see that you are taking it nice and easy and not rushing the shoulder or bicep.

ScottYard
02-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, I havenít squatted since December and I feel ready to get back to the grind and prepare for my meet in May. I was pretty nervous tonight as I missed 5 squat workouts while lying low to heal my Bicep tendon up (Itís not healed but it is closer then before). Well I just cant lay low any more and decided to jump back in tonight and get an idea of where my strength is. I used tonight to be sure my training maxes for 5-3-1 are appropriate for my current level of strength. I decided if I was off from resting so long that I would drop my training max.

Hereís what I did

Squat No Wraps just belt

135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 1
500 for 1
585 for 1
685 for 1

After 685 I decided that was heavy enough with out wraps and I realized that I didnít lose any strength at all. I was actually pretty pleased with hitting 685 in just a belt after a long layoff. Turns out there is something to this rest thing and Iím not a TOTAL idiot.

Deadlift
6 singles with 245

I kept this light as Iím going to try and double 710 raw next week from the floor. I just used tonight to make sure my belt was right and to make sure my form was down.

DONE

Since today was technically a deload day I just did the two main lifts. Next week I will resume 5-3-1 with my original training max of 750 less 10% and get ready for my first meet as a 242er.

gatorman2k6
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice work Scott! What's the weight at right now?

ScottYard
02-05-2010, 06:09 AM
263 this morning

muscle_g
02-05-2010, 06:26 AM
When is your meet gonna be Scott?

ScottYard
02-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Its time to bench again as well. My squat day went so well on Thursday that I just knew today would be awful. Not necessarily pain wise but I new that with 16 weeks off from bench training I would be considerably weaker. Its hard to beleive its been 4 months since I have benched anything over 275 for a single.

Well my shoulder is still stiff. It didnít hurt today and only had very little soreness at the bottom of the lift. I think the scar tissue is tight and needs to be broken up. Either way itís been forever since I benched and I have to start trying again.

Bench
Bar for 10
135 for 20
185 for 10
225 for 10
275 for 5
315 for 1
365 for 1
405 for 1
430 for 1
450 Stapled to the bench!

I missed 450 with no chance of getting it. 430 was tough and I paused it forever because I was afraid to start pushing. I know it sounds bad, but once you get hurt doing a lift I think it takes a while to loose that fear. Hopefully it doesnít take me too long. At least I know where I am at strength wise and can start a program back up that will let me push it without going too far too soon.

Side Raises
Up to 50's for 10

Front Raise
Up to 50's for 10

Tate Press
Up to 65's for 10

Pin Presses with Pointer on smooth
Up to 500 for 3

Thatís all. I feel very week and everything felt hard. But Iím excited to train again and focus on getting better.

ScottYard
02-07-2010, 12:29 PM
When is your meet gonna be Scott?

May 8th.

muscle_g
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
May 8th.

Good luck! Glad to see your able to lift again, watch the shoulder.

ScottYard
02-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Assistance and Cardio Day

T bar
I Worked up to 4 plates and a 10 for 10 reps.

Last week I did 4 plates for 10. I plan to add a few lbs each week and focus on trying to get stronger on this exercise for my lats. For assistance work I usually just do whatever I feel like that day, but now I plan to focus on 1 exercise each day and try to PR in it.

Lat Pulls with Neutral Grip on Stride machine

4 sets of 10 with the stack

On the second movement I will do 3-4 moderate sets and go for that bodybuilding type feel. My lats are small now and need to be picked up.

Prior to the break lat work would not feel pretty. Today the shoulder held up well.

Seated hammer Curls

2 sets of 10 with 50ís

Nice and tight as I was testing the waters. Arm feels good too.

Ab Machine

5 sets of 15

Cardio

Elliptical for 15 minutes. Average HR was 180
Treadmill for 15 minutes Average HR was 125

DoneÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ.Man it feels good to be productive again.

Youíll notice I didnít do any rear delt work. I am going to save that Fridays so that I donít do too much delt work in one day. I want to spread it out for better recovery.

ScottYard
02-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Treadmill 30 minutes at 3.5 Average HR 125

Abs

6 sets of 20 with 6 different movements with out rest.

I just wanted to blitz them hard and fast so that they wont be over worked for my deadlift work tomorow.

Ill be going for a 5 LB PR of 710 for a double rizzawwwww.

Im looking forward to this. I only missed 2 DL workouts as I only pull every other week so Im hoping the rest will be as beneficial for my DL as it was for my squat last week.

ScottYard
02-11-2010, 05:58 PM
SoÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ.

Any one else get 20 inches of snow yesterday?

We did. 20 Inches on top of the 26 we just got Saturday. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We shoveled today from 9:00 until 2:00 non stop. We literally ran out of places to put the snow. My driveway has banks 8 feet in the air. Itís like parking in the freaking bat cave.

Anyway, I get few calls from the guys. Half are going in and the other have are saying they will just squat and pull on Sunday. Since I was the even majority I decided to go in tonight and squat and pull anyway. I figure its best to go train now and have a ****ty workout but then be able to bust balls on Sunday to the two that couldnít make it. Itís all about priorities. I just would rather **** with somebody non stop for 2 hours and have a ****ty workout then have an Ok workout but have to keep my mouth shut. Itís the little things in life you have to look forward too I guess.

Since I shoveled al day I was fried before I got there. I even drank a coke before I went in. LOL I never drink caffeine so this was a big deal for me. Since I havenít trained for so long I didnít care anyway as I was pretty sure the workout would suck any way.

Squat

135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 1
500 for 1

Added Loose Wraps done by self

570 for 8 PR

The Wraps are 2 years old. They give just enough support to know they are on and working. I like to wear ****ty wraps this part of the cycle. And when I wear the good tight wraps next mini cycle I feel like Iím wearing a suit or briefs.

Some How I manage to squat an 8 rep set PR. Last training cycle when I hit 750 the highest 8 rep set I did was 560. No too bad. The only problem was I never recovered from this set. Iím in great shape cardio wise from doing 4 days a week the past 5 weeks but Iím in terrible training shape from the lay off. After that set my legs were cramping, shaking and it took 5 minutes to stop feeling light headed. After this I knew dead lifting would be brutal.

Deadlift

225 for 2
445 for 1
570 for 1
710 for Zero

My best double raw with a standard bar is 705. I dont know what I was thinking to think I had a chance at getting a PR on that tonight. By the time I tugged on the bar I was done. Just exhausted, not too mention it felt like a ton. I blew my wad squatting and should have been smart and bagged the dead lifting for next week. At least I learned my lesson. Donít shovel snow for 5 hours then expect to pull a lifetime deadlift PR. I can Only shovel snow for 5 hours and do lifetime squat PRís. lol

I tried to do some Good mornings and my hamstring cramped and I said screw it and went home. Iím still cramping 45 minutes later.

ScottYard
02-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Assistance / Cardio Day

Abs

Incline Sit up board with legs bent

2 sets of 20

Incline sit up board with legs Straight

2 sets of 20

Seated Crunch machine

3 sets of 15

Lying Crunch machine

3 sets of 15

Hammer Strength Shrug

3 sets of 10 with 3 plates per side
Dumbbell bent Raises

3 sets of 25 with 25ís

Standing Cable Pulls with rope to upper chest.

3 sets of 15 with stack.

Treadmill

30 Minutes at 3.3 HR Average was 120

Racquet ball with wife 15 minutes

I played right handed to avoid any Un-needed torque on my left one. Being that Iím left handed I got my ass kicked. But it was fun.

My upper back is so weak right now. No surprise but it is the only thing that is dramatically under trained and affecting all my workouts. To rectify it I have made friday lifting only for the upper back, abs, and cardio. Typically I would just do an upper back movement after my lat work on Monday but Iím prioritizing my weak point. I just want to be strong again!

ScottYard
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Bench day

warm up

indian clubs

5 minutes

green band shoulder traction/stretch

3 20 second sets

bench

bar 20 reps
95 for 10
135 for 10
225 for 1

work sets

255 for 5
295 for 5
330 for 10 pause reps 7-10

chins

moderate grip
15 reps
close grip
12 reps
wide grip
10 reps

custom chest supported row
5 sets of 5

tabata

d.b squat into front raise

25's basically 8 sets of 15 with 10 seconds rest in between sets good ****

push downs

3 hard sets of 10

tabata
inline sit up against mini band

8 sets of 15 with 10 seconds rest

good workout today. Started tabatas to jump up cardio. I will do more of this and less steady state. Shoulder is coming along. Im using 5-3-1 for the bench now. The controlled volume and reps should be good for my shoulder. Obviously the numbers are way down but id rather show you where im starting from then just show a percentage. The clubs and traction got be good and warm for the bench. By the tenth rep my shoulder pain was almost gone. I could have tried more reps on that last set but theres no point. This is a marathon not a sprint.

gatorman2k6
02-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Nice work the past few sessions! Glad to see some heavy weight get moved around again. Keep up the good work!

ScottYard
02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Nice work the past few sessions! Glad to see some heavy weight get moved around again. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man. Feels good to actually do something again lol.

ScottYard
02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Cardio and Abs

Abs

Sit up Board

2 sets of 20

Lying Weighted Crunch machine

3 sets of 15 Added a 10 each set

Seated Crunch Machine

3 sets of 15

Cardio

Elliptical

12 Minutes Average HR 182

Treadmill

15 Minutes at 3.5 Average HR at 130

Done

Holy Hell am i sore today from those tabatas. My Delts and Upper back are bruning. Give them a try!

ScottYard
02-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Squat / Pull Day With Video
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warm Up

3 minutes with Indian Clubs
3 Minutes Low body Stretching

Squat
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 2
405 for 1
500 for 1

Add Wraps
605 for 5 Not a PR

I looked back over my training and for the past year and realized I have hit a PR every squat workout. I guess I was due for a lack luster day. My old PR was 7 with this weight.

Even though it was not a PR. Heres the Video
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qSvrUt1GAMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qSvrUt1GAMc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Speed Pulls

425 5 singles

Step ups

3 sets of 8

Tabata

D.B Swings/ Pull Through

This was intense my low back and hams have never been this pumped

Tabata

Incline Mini Band abs

This wasnt too easy either. My low back was so pumped I could barely do a full sit up.

Even though my squat was off I had a very good workout. The tabatas killed us. I retired the wraps that I used tonight. For some dumb reason I try to make things harder on my self in hopes that I get carry over from the better wraps. Now that I missed a PR Im going to go back to the gangster Elite wraps. Since I dont have gear I only have 1 excuse left for why I miss some reps or PR's and Im going to use it today.....DAMN WRAPS! LOL JK. I should just say DAMN ME!

ScottYard
02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Cardio and Body Weight PR!

Treadmill 30 Minutes

Low intensity day. Average Hr 115.

Thats all. I did enough training this week already so I stuck to only cardio work today.

My low back, hams, and abs are toast today from those damn Tabatas yesterday. I feel pretty good about it though as it feels good when you hurt this bad lol. Atleast I know I did something yesterday other sit on my ass.

Stepped on the scale today and was 262 this morning. 18 pounds lost so far and a new PR. 7 more pounds and Ill be right where I want to be. If I can get to 255 and stabilize there Ill have no problem doing 242 in may. That will be a 25 Lb drop. My squat numbers seem to be holding pretty well so So far so good!

Its funny b/c I look at my self and dont look any different then at did at 280 in November. I guess it just goes to show how much extra fat I really have lol.

ScottYard
02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Bench Day

Warm Up

Indian Clubs 5 Minutes

Green Band Stretch / Traction 5 Minutes

Bench

Bar for 20
95 for 10
135 for 10
185 for 5
225 for 5
Works Sets

275 for 5
315 for 5
350 for 8

Strict Lying Palms In D.B Exts

3 sets of 10 with 50ís

Wide Grip Pull Ups

5 sets of 10

Mini Band Crossovers for Pecs

2 sets of 20

Tabata

D.B Full Power Clean with 25ís in each hand.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT these things are killer and I donít think they ever wonít be lol. I was smoked after this.

Incline Mini band Abs

5 sets of 15

This is the second work out back to Bench training. Things are going well. Shoulder is holding up OK and Iím loosing that fear of getting injured again each set. 350 for 8 in retrospect isnít that bad of a number right now. Iím making these set very tight and controlled. (Donít want to miss another 4 months of training) I feel like I am stronger this week then I was last week and the charts agree. I raised my tested max from 430 to 440 this week. The chart I use is pretty accurate for me so I feel stronger and the chart proves it. Good Stuff! I really donít care how my numbers wind up in May. I just want to bench more then the token bench of 55 pounds I did in November.

ScottYard
02-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Cardio Day

Elliptical 25 minutes. Average HR 175

Done

Nothing much today other then boring cardio. I did get around to putting a few live Cd's I just bought on my IPOD. So atleast I had some new tunes. Nothing crazy just some Iron Maiden stuff.

On another note I put deoderant on today with zero shoulder pain. Since I banged it up putting deoderant under my right arm pit hasnt been fun. Pretty freaking happy about that.

ScottYard
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Warm Up

Indian Clubs

5 Minutes

Green Band Traction

4 20 second Stretches

Broom Stick Stretches

3 20 Second Stretches

Shoulder Horn

2 sets of 15 with 15's

Upper Back

Custom Chest Supported Row

4 sets of 8

200 Lbs

Bent Dumbell Raises

3 sets of 20 with 25's

Abs

Standing Cable Abs

3 Sets of 15

Hangin Leg Raises

3 sets of 15

Incline Mini Band Abs

3 sets of 15

DONE

Good one tonight. Got some solid work in. Nice to be able to do all the things I want to again. Just plugging away. I had a major break in the diet today. My kid was sick so I stayed home with her all day. I took her to MCdonalds for lunch as she loves french fries even more then her own daddy. Well.......3 Bic Mac Snack wraps with a Mchcicken sandwich on the side later the guilt has set in and I honestly feel bad about it. Like I cheated on my wife or something. Weird! The guilt wore off after an hour or so I figured since the day was ****ed that 2 bags of Sour patch kids wouldnt make it any worse.

no regrets
02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Haha, 100 calorie pack Sour Patch Kids are the way to go when dieting.

ScottYard
02-25-2010, 07:23 PM
135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 2
405 for 1
545 for 1

Added Wraps

640 for 5 PR Old 5 rep set PR was 630 from last meet cycle.

Video of 640 for 5

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4f5eUeSK2w4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4f5eUeSK2w4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Block Pulls

425 for 1
500 for 1
605 for 1
735 for 1

First week of the block pull mini cycle. I hope to end at 775 in 6 weeks.

Tabata Dumbbell Swings

Tabata Incline Mini Band Abs

Knee Ext

3 sets of 12 with 20 seconds rest between sets

Good Workout tonight. Hit a PR so Iím happy. Even though I have done 630 for 6 before this is still the most I have handled for 5. Iím not too sure Iím stronger then I was last meet cycle but I think Iím at least on the same level. And while being 20 pounds lighter in body now Iím not complaining. Iím glad last week was just a wrap issue and 605 for 5 wasnít an accurate depiction of my strength right now. For a second there I was about to buy into the weight loss equals strength loss theory. At least not for the squat! Tabatas killed me as usual but it went better this week. I hope this will bring my hamstrings up and give me a good shot at a Deadlift PR in May. It sure would be nice to be closer to 800 then 700 in the deadlift after this meet.

ScottYard
03-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Warm up

Indian Clubs
5 Minutes

Green Band Traction
3 20 second stretches

Bench

Bar for 20
95 for 10
135 for 10
185 for 5
225 for 5
275 for 3

Work Sets

295 for 5
330 for 3
370 for 8

Considering I did 350 for a hard 8 last week I was surprised to do 8 again but with 20 more pounds. Very happy!

Custom Chest Supported Row

5 sets of 8

Wide grip Pull Ups

1 sets of 15

Strict Lying D.B Ext(Roll em downs without the roll)

4 sets of 8 up to 65's

Mini Band Crossover

2 sets of 15

Tabata

Front Raises 25 lbs Dumbbells

DONE

Excellent work out today. Each week my bench is getting closer and closer to its old form and today was a big jump back to a 500 plus bench again. Shoulder was tight today but I pushed through it and it ended up feeling pretty good at the end of workout. My bench day has somehow morphed into an old Westside type bench day. For some reason I have managed to bench, hit my lats, a little triceps and some delts all in the same day and not feel bad about not getting enough work in. I think Iím more focused now and getting more out of a few sets and making them count more than I did prior to the injury.

ScottYard
03-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Deload Day

I took it very easy today and did little to nothing worth writing about. I did try some burpies as a tabata and blew my shoulder up so that was nice. Doesnít hurt today so I think it just let me know it didnít like those things very much. Body weight is holding steady at 262. I have laid off the cardio a little and have only been doing it 2 times per week. I high and 1 low day. I think I need to push it back up to 2 high and 1 low intensity days for 3 times per week to keep the weight loss constant. Good news is Iím not going up and down or all over the place weight wise. I think this shows that the diet is working and consistent. Eating pizza tonight as a cheat meal and I am ****ing pumped for it. I have eating so clean this weak it is border line disgusting. I may even get a Big Mac snack wrap or 3 for dinner number 2!

Squat

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1

Deadlift

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1

Done

I told you it wasnít much. Next week starts the test phase and I think I have triple 695 by the end of week 3. This will be heavy................

marty22877
03-05-2010, 10:53 AM
has anyone ever told you that you are just so cool...

ScottYard
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Marty dont break the restaining order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deload Bench

Warm Up

Indian Clubs

5 minutes

Bench

Bar for 20
95 for 10
135 for 10
185 for 10
225 for 10

Side Raises
3 sets of 10 with 50ís

Chest Supported Row

4 sets of 8 up to 200lbs

Palms in lying Tricep Ext Strict

3 sets of 8 with 50ís

Done

Easy quick one today. Went to the in-laws for the weekend so I didnít have much energy after sitting on the couch for 48 hours. 1 week down for the new job. I went back to social work. This economy sucks and it was depressing the hell out of me. NO money is not fun so I had to make a change. For the better though!

I took my car for an oil change Friday and noticed on the way home that my car had a funny sound coming from the engine. I popped the hood and realized the guy didnít put the Oil cap back on. HOLY ****!!!!! I could have burned up my engine. Iím taking it to the shop Monday to see how they want to handle the situation. This should be interesting. Till thenÖÖÖÖÖ.

ScottYard
03-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Cardio Days

Monday 6:00 AM before Work High Intensity Day Eliptical 10 Minutes, treadmill, 5 minutes Bike 5 Minutes, Treadmill 5 minutes, then 5 minute cool down. I was moving today

Tuesday

30 minute walk outside with the family. My neighborhood is all hills and this was meant to be a low intensity day but pushing the kid up those hils was harder then my low intensities days are on the treadmill.

ScottYard
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
This week started the test phase. True percents to get me peaking right for the meet. Pretty easy workouts that consist of a light warm up and a triple at the end. The first week is 85%. The cycle ends at 95%.

Squat

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 3
405 for 1
500 for 1

Work Set 630 for 3

85% of 750 Competition Max

This week is always fairly easy as the weight starts out light. On the third week I have to triple 695, and that wonít be so easy!

Block Pull

This is week three of the block pull mini cycle. Last heavy week I did 730. On the final week of the cycle I have to do 775.

245 for 1
335 for 1
425 for 1
525 for 1
605 for 1
750 for 1

Video of 750 for 1

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LK2gdSabrI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LK2gdSabrI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Step Ups

135 for 8
225 for 8
275 for 8

Tabata

Dumbbell Pull through

Done

My low back was so pumped after the tabata that I skipped abs. It was awful. I bitched and said this sucked and then I was quickly reminded by OOT and FAT JOHN that this **** was my idea lol.

ScottYard
03-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Decided to take a weight today and see how my strength is progressing. This is my 5th week back to normal training after my break due to the bicep tendon tear so I needed to see how Iím progressing. Itís been 5 months since the injury. When I came back to normal training 5 weeks ago I did a very hard and ****ty 430. 75 lbs off from my meet best, So I could only go up from there.

Warm up

Indian Clubs. 5 minutes with Band traction in between.

Bench

Bar for 10
95 for 10
135 for 10
185 for 1
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 1
450 for 1
465 for 1

Video of 465 for 1
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wx15ryeN-HI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wx15ryeN-HI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Strength is coming back pretty well. Iím especially happy since Iím down 20 lbs. My meet is 2 months away and I think thereís a shot at going for 500 on a third attempt and having a possibility of getting it. We'll see though.

Assistance Work

Strict Palms in Lying Dumbbell Ext.

25's for 8
45's for 8
55's for 8
65's for 8

Chest Supported Row

5 sets of 8 up to a max set.

Forget the weight on this but I pushed it hard.

Barbell Front Raises

Bar for 10
75 for 10
95 for 10

The left side feels over loaded by 50 lbs. My shoulder strength is def down on my bad side. These will help balance things out.

Leaning bent Raises

25's for 8
45's for 8
55's for 8
65's for 8

Tabata

Dumbbell Clean from floor

God these suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do feel better after I do them though.

Abs

Incline mini band abs

3 sets of 15 with Doubled mini band

Good one today.

ScottYard
03-17-2010, 07:21 AM
30 minute walk with the family.

We are taking a new course with a **** load of hills and my kids jogging stroller is getting harder to push as shes getting heavy. Well its not hard.........Its more like its hard to keep up with my wifes walking pace that is more like my jogging pace lol. But then again thats what I get for walking with a Boston Marathon qualifier. We do 5 hills that are well over 100 yards long and elevate 50 plus feet in my neighborhood. Good stuff. I pussed out monday with the monring eliiptical workout. My kid had me up at 5:30 and since day light savings time is a bitch to get used too, it felt like 4:30. Ill have to make up for that on friday.

ScottYard
03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Squat 2nd week of test phase. 1 more week then the deload phase begins.

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
500 for 1
600 for 1
675 for 3 90% of meet best of 750

Video of 675 for 3

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISvNu1p1ji8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ISvNu1p1ji8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Squat felt pretty good. My PR is 685 for 3 so Im close. next week I will go 690 and see if a triple will go for a new PR

Speed Pulls

225 for 1
315 for 1
405 for 5 singles

Step Ups

225 for 8
325 for 8

Video of 325 for 8

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QimX9JO_qYU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QimX9JO_qYU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This was a tough set. I did 275 last week and that was hard. 325 today was extra hard. I almost fell 2 times.

Leg Curls

3 sets of 10

Mini Band Incline Abs

4 sets of 15

Prowler

8 trips of 40 yards with a 45 and 25 on each post. Good stuff. We had 4 of us going at a time with 2 on each end. basically you did your run then had enough rest for another guy to do his then you went again. This should be the kicker I need to get into the 250's.

ScottYard
03-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Bench Day

Warm up

Indian Clubs 5 minutes

Bench

Bar for 20
95 for 10
135 for 5
185 for 5
225 for 5
295 for 1
315 for 1
360 for 10

Strength is coming back fast. This is only 45 lbs off my best of 405 for 10 so I was very pleased with this set.

Lying Strict Dumbbell Exts

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
65ís for 8

Chest Supported Rows

5 sets of 8 up to 225 Lbs

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Raises (All the way up)

25ís for 8
45ís for 8
55ís for 8

Bent Dumbbell Raises

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
70ís for 8

Great workout today. Shoulder felt descent and I am actually feeling like I can be aggressive again with out worrying about getting hurt again. This is a big mile stone at this point in my training. The meet is 7 weeks out.

skinny99
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like a great comeback!

ScottYard
03-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Looks like a great comeback!

Thank you Sir!!!

ScottYard
03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Cardio and Assistance Work

Prowler

6 trips with a 45 and 25 per side. Each trip was 100 feet or so. This is approximate so it could be more. I do know each trip took 1 minute to complete. We had 4 guys rotating this so it took 20 minutes. Good work as I never totally caught my breath between sets. My heart rate had to be in the 190ís.

Assistance Work

Since my heart rate was up I went right into assistance stuff but had a recovery type workout mind set. I went relatively light and pushed the work out very fast.

Incline Mini band abs

10 sets of 10 with 10 seconds rest between sets

Hammer Curls

5 sets of 10 with 25ís with 10 seconds rest between sets

Side Delt Raises

5 sets of 10 with 25ís with 10 seconds rest between sets

Standing Abs against Light bands doubled up

2 sets of 10

Close grip over hand pull up

2 sets of 10

I did this bicep work and Bicep tendon prehab.

Done

Good workout. Got the blood flowing pretty well and feel my HR stayed elevated throughout the assistance work to keep me in the Fat burning zone.

ScottYard
03-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Squat

Last week of the test phase. The heaviest day of the cycle. This day lets us know how far we have come since last cycle. Even a 5LB pr today is great news. Although most had 10-15 lb PR's

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
500 for 1
585 for 1

Added Wraps
690 for 3 PR Old PR was 685

Video of 690 for 3
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9z76f6lr7w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9z76f6lr7w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Block Pull

245 for 1
335 for 1
445 for 1
535 for 1
625 for 1
775 for 1 New PR Old PR was 770 for 1

Video of 775 Block Pull
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUp6i4efn1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUp6i4efn1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Step Ups

315 for 8

Blue Band Leg Curl

3 sests of 12

Prowler

5 long trips 100 plus feet

Done

Great workout tonight. I hit PR's for my max triple in the squat and a PR in my max single off the blocks. Really looking forward to this meet. I may actually be able to drop a weight class and still hit PR's. If I can squat and pull 755 in MAY it will be a good month! This is possible as they will be 5 LB PR's and based of my test phase of the cycle from last meet it shouldnt be a problem. The next 4 weks consist of the deload phase and I cant wait to take it easy and rest up for meet day.

JSully
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
holy **** your strength is looking fantastic.. best of luck in this upcoming meet... you dropping to 242s or 220s?

ScottYard
03-29-2010, 11:07 AM
holy **** your strength is looking fantastic.. best of luck in this upcoming meet... you dropping to 242s or 220s?

Just 242. 220 is a long term goal though. Im just too lazy to drop that much right now lol

ScottYard
03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Cardio Day

5 minutes each with 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. The 30 seconds on would be as fast as I could go and the 30 seconds off would be just barely moving. Im trying new things to spice things up. I picked 4 machines.

I did the treadmill, Low Bike, Elliptical, and the High Bike. I finished up with a 5 minute cool down for a total of 25 minutes.

I finished up with a couple sets of standing cable crunches.

I did this at 6 in the morning so it was def tough.

ScottYard
03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
cardio

30 minute walk with the stoller

ScottYard
03-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Warm up with Indian Clubs 5 minutes

Bench

Bar for 20
95 for 10
135 for 5
185 for 1
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
380 for 8

I was happy with this set. Last mini cycle I did 370 for 8. 10 Lbs more shows definite improvement. Shoulder is about 90% now and the pain is less and less each week.

Video of 380 for 8
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IreU3OixSBo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IreU3OixSBo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Assistance Work

T-Bar Row

5 sets of 8

Strict Dumbbell palms in Extensions
25's for 8
50's for 8
65's for 8

Seated Dumbbell Front Raise over Head
25's for 8
40's for 8
50's for 8

Bent Dumbbell Rows
3 sets of 8 with 50's

Hammer Curls

25's for 8
50's for 8

Incline Mini band Abs

3 sets of 20 10 with 1 band, 10 with 2.

Prowler

5 pushes of 40 yards

3 with 4 45's
2 with 2 45's

DONE

Good work out tonight. Strength is coming back each week and it feels good. MY ultra conservative approach is working well and I will continue it up to the meet.

Sidior
03-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Great work in here Scott. Keep the vids a coming!

mchicia1
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Hi....you are a mother ****ing strong mother ****er. Nice benching.

ScottYard
04-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Squat Day

Today is a deload day. Nice and easy and nothing in between. I have one more mini cycle left then its meet time. I call this cycle the deload phase. All my heavy work is behind me and I wont do much until meet day.

Squat

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1

Speed Pulls

5 singles at 375 50% of 750

Blue Band Leg Curls
3 sets of 15

Knee Exts
2 sets of 10

Incline Mini Band Abs
4 sets of 15

Prowler 1 45 and a 25 per side
5 trips of 80 yards

Done

Nice and easy like I said.

ScottYard
04-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Sunday

30 minute Walk with the family.

Monday

Elliptical
Treadmill
Bike

8 minutes each machine. Finished with a 5 minute cool down on the treadmill.

Abs
Cable Ab Crunches 2 sets of 10
Crunch Machine 3 sets of 15

Done

Diet and Cardio has been turned up as of late. I went to 2-3 days a week for the test phase of the cycle. The weights are at there heaviest so I took it easy. Now that the test phase is over and the meet is 4 weeks out Im turning the heat back on cardio wise to make my cut easier. I am going 4 days a week. Hitting the prowler atleast 2 times and another 2 workouts in between of walking or a machien session.

ScottYard
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Deload day for the bench. Nice and easy it was nice to give the shoulder a break.

Bench

bar for 10
95 for 5
135 for 5
185 for 2
225 for 2
265 for 2

Pull Ups
1 sets of 20

Tricep Ext
25's for 25

Indian Clubs
A bunch of swings

Prowler

5 sets of 80 yards. Up 20 turn, down 20 turn, up 20 turn, then back down 20.

Good stuff prowler wise. Since Im training harder Im getting some muscle back from the long injury layoff. Im hoping this will correlate to more fat burn.

ScottYard
04-09-2010, 07:12 AM
4 Weeks out from the meet now. This was the first week of the deload phase. I worked up to 90% of my competition best lifts for a single. This would basically be the time where I take my openers. Everything went pretty well and I look forward to resting and recovering the next 3 weeks heading into the meet.

Squat
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 2
405 for 1
500 for 1
585 for 1
675 for 1 90% of 750

Video of 675 for 1
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vu16yKmelU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vu16yKmelU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Deadlift
225 for 2
315 for 1
405 for 1
550 for 1
675 for 1 90% of 750

Video of 675 for 1
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvdQQcDR6VI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bvdQQcDR6VI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I finished the workout with some step ups up to 285 for 8, then a few sets of blue band leg curls, and a few sets of Sit-ups against doubled mini bands. Good workout tonight. Weights moved well and I feel pretty good as well. 3 more workouts and its go time.

Brian Hopper
04-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Nice work Scott!!!!!

ScottYard
04-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks brian!

Took a weight today to see how things are going. I have done this every mini cycle on the first week of my 531 wave and so far so good. Things are progressing. When I first came back to benching I did 430, then 4 weeks later I did 465 and now 4 weeks later today I did 470. Although Iím not sure how much I have progressed really from last mini cycle as me and FAT John shared a 30 pack last night plus some change and I was fairly hung-over today going into the gym. I picked 470 just because it would be a 5 lb pr post tendon tear. It didnít hurt that I tilled the garden last night either. The tiller I use is a monster and it wipes me out. Either way progress is progress and Iím happy with it.

Warm Up

Indian Clubs

Bench
135 for 10
185 for 5
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 1
425 for 1
470 for 1

Video of 470 for 1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9pUTcgovok&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9pUTcgovok&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chest Supported Rows
5 sets of 8

Lying Strict Tricep Exts Palms In
25's for 8
65's for 8
70's for 8

Standing Dumbbell Front Raises
25's for 8
35's for 8
45's for 8

Bench Dumbbell Raises
25's for 8
45's for 8
65's for 8

Lying Mini band Crunches
3 sets of 15

Prowler
4 long trips up and back. About 60 yards each trips.

Good workout today. Not as good as the juicy Lucyís I grilled last night but pretty good. If you donít know what a jucy lucy is go look it up!

Just kidding. All it is is a burger with cheese in the middle of it. You take two patties and put cheese on top of one and then take the other patty and put it on top. Mush the ends together to contain the cheese for Cheeseburger ecstasy. Try one.

ScottYard
04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Elliptical 20 minutes
treadmill 10 minutes

After this I threw in 6 sets of abs on 2 seperate ab machines for 15 reps each set.

I only had 100 grams of carbs today so I it wasnt the funnest day on the machines. My meet is 25 days out and I would like to atleast be under 260 2 days out for my cut. 18 pounds is doable. I have done 25 before so its not my first rodeo. I got down to 261 weight wise but I have stalled due to puttting some muscle back on. When I was at 261 I hadnt touched a weight in 7 weeks. I was 263 this morning so things will work out. All I can do is stay honest with my self and true to my diet and cardio regime and things will work out.

ScottYard
04-16-2010, 07:04 AM
3 weeks out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Week 2 of the deload phase and things are going nicely. MY legs are a little tired from all the cardio and prowler workouts but fortunately I dont need much strength to move 80% for a single. Weight is dropping slightly every few days still.

Squat
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3
405 for 1
500 for 1
600 for 1 80% of 750

Speed Pulls
6 singles at 335

Knee Exts Super setted with Leg Curls
3 sets of 10

Incline Mini band Abs
4 sets if 15

Standing Cable Abs
2 sets of 15

Prowler
4 80 yard trips (Up 40, turn, back 40)

This was done with 4 of us rotating so it was a nice split time wise.

DONE

ScottYard
04-19-2010, 07:23 AM
Bench Day

Warm up

Indian Clubs

Bar for 15
95 for 5
135 for 5
185 for 2
225 for 2
275 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 10 Post Injury PR

Chest Supported Row
5 sets of 8

Seated 1 Arm Dumbbell Front Raise Starting with D.B in between legs and finishing with D.B over head

3 sets of 8 Up to 50ís

Strict Lying Dumbell Ext with Plams Facign In

3 sets of 8 up to the 70ís

Mini Band Pull Aparts

10 sets of 10 with 10 seconds rest in between sets

Prowler

4 80 yards trips of 40 yards up, turn and 40 yards back. This was done with 5 people rotating in so the heart rate was able to stay elevated for a good bit.

Good workout today. Bench numbers are steadily improving. After the workout I decided to have the guys over for some burgers and beers. More juicy lucys for everyone. I think I have the juicy lucy fever.

Brian Hopper
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
365x10...NICE!!!!!!!!!!

ScottYard
04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks You sir!

Cardio 30 minute walk with the family

ScottYard
04-23-2010, 07:04 AM
2 weeks out now. This was the last real workout of the mini cycle. Next week is a deload day and then its 10 days of rest heading into the meet. Iím really looking forward to that. All this prowler and cardio work has my legs feeling tired. It will shake off though after 10 days of rest.

Squat
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
525 for 1 70% of my meet best of 750

Block Pull
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
525 for 1 70% of my meet best of 750

Blue band Leg Curls
3 sets of 18

Knee Exts
3 sets of 10

Incline Mini Band Sit ups
3 sets of 15

Prowler
4 trips of 80 yards 40 up, 40 back.

Nothing too exciting tonight. Just finishing up the deload cycle. Right now Iím spending more time getting mentally prepared for the meet. Working out scenarios, possible attempts, what ifs ect. I like to show up meet day with the meet already done in my head a couple 100 times.

kingkong51
04-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Great workouts So what type of cycle are you doing in your training?

ScottYard
04-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Great workouts So what type of cycle are you doing in your training?

I do the 5-3-1 for most of the cycle and then I like do a test phase where I work up to a heavy triple over 3 weeks and then I have a 4 week deload phase before the meet where I take singles at 90,80,70, and 50 percent over 4 weeks.

ScottYard
04-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Bench Day

The last real workout before the meetÖÖÖ This is when you start looking back at what youíve done, and thinking about what you should have done. As of now I feel good about the way I prepared for this meet and honestly donít have any second thoughts about the preparation I put into it(This isnít always the case though)

Bench

Warm Up

Indian Clubs, 1000 MG of Naproxen and Icy hot. This seems to be the only way I can lift without significant pain lol.

Bar for 10
95 for 10
135 for 3
185 for 3
225 for 1
300 for 1
405 for 6 Post Injuries PR.

This is the first time I have put 405 on the bar for reps since my tear. Felt good to have 4 plates on each side again. I wanted to do 6 reps with this weight as it has me test out at 478. Considering I will be going 470 on a second attempt I now think it is a good choice for a second attempt.

Video of 405 for 6
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uxcnhw4Oa-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uxcnhw4Oa-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chest Supported Rows

5 sets of 8

Strict Palms in lying Tricep Exts

3 sets of 8 up to 75ís per hand

Seated 1 arm Dumbbell Front raises. Starting in between leg and ended all the way over head.

3 sets of 8 up to 50ís

Band Pull apart

3 sets of 10 with last sets being just short of failure.

Incline Mini Band Abs

3 sets of 15

Reverse Sled Drag

3 trips of 60 yards.

Iím done with the prowler and beginning the active rest part of my cardio. Itís Time to stop thinking about losing weight and think about healing for the meet. I will still Diet tight up till the meet but the cardio stuff will be very light, short and easy. My legs need the rest.

13 days out to meet day.

ScottYard
04-30-2010, 08:19 AM
The meet is officially 10 days out now. Body weight is at 260. As of now Iím looking at an 18 pound cut and things are going how I hoped they would. Now Iím just planning my cut to make sure everything is how it needs to be. I have been doing some research on MMA forums as anyone knows these guys cut weight more than any sport out there. I have read multiple times about eating hand sanitizer as it has glycerin in it which helps you hold water faster(or something like that). Thatís ****ing insane! Ill stick to my pickles, Gatorade, and jerky.

Today was a deload day. Very easy and quite boring as well. But to be honest Iím done training and want to get on the platform now.

Squat

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3
375 for 1 50 % of 750 meet best

Deadlift

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3
375 for 1 50 % of 750 meet best

DONE

I told you it was boring. Right now Iím just trying to think about attempts and have them planned out by meet time. I am almost locked in on my openers and second attempts but thirds will be a game day decision.

Most likely I will attempt:

Squat 650 Opener 755 second
Bench 425 Opener 475 second
Deadlift 650 Opener 755 second

For thirds I will just go based off what I may need for a certain total.

This is my first meet at 242 so anything I do will be a PR. Now I just have to wait until meet day.

Brian Hopper
04-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Eating hand sanitizer.....holy ****, that's crazy!!!!!!!! I don't blame you for sticking with pickles and Gatorade, that sounds alot better and taste alot better.

ScottYard
05-03-2010, 08:11 AM
You said it Brian!

Last one until the meet.

Bench
Bar for 10
95 for 5
135 for 5
235 for 1 50% of 470

DONE

Nice and easy

After the gym we all went to the chinese buffet for sushi and general tsos

Last high carb meal before the meet. It was delicious. My blood pressure may have hit a all time high though from all the sodium. Wich is what I want as I have started to load on the sodium so I figured the Chinese buffet food would be an appropriate start.

Wish me luck.....18 pounds to go!!!!!!!

Brian Hopper
05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Good luck brother!!!!!

ScottYard
05-10-2010, 08:50 AM
How not to make weightÖÖÖÖÖÖ

My meet didnít exactly go as planned. I had some really high expectations and felt very on target for 2000 plus raw. My preparation in the weight room went great and I managed to screw it all 3 days out from the meet. The good news is I now know exactly what I did wrong and what not to repeat for next meet. The meet wasnít a total bust as I was able to hit a descent bench and do what I had planned to do 2 Ĺ months ago when I started benching after tearing my bicep tendon.

Well a few days out from the meet I was at 260 body weight and feeling good. I was getting ready to water load Monday through Wednesday and then begin my cut Wednesday at 7:00 to make weight by Friday morning at 9:00. Since I have been running off 100 grams of carbs per day for the last month I decided that the last few days I could eat some carbs and not be too concerned with it. Boy was I wrong. In 2 days I gained 9 pounds and I went from cutting 18 pounds to 27. I did not realize this until I stepped on the scale Wednesday morning. Letís just say Looking in the morning and saying OH ****! Was an understatement. Knowing it was going to be a long shot I went for it anyway. Now I began my cut Wednesday night and hit the sauna Thursday. With fasting and sauna trips for 2 hours I cut 17 pounds. I felt like hell but hey saunas do that. I decided to bag the day and go home and rest. I planned to sleep then get up at 5:00 AM go hit the sauna again for the last 10 pounds or so. I was optimistic up till 11:00 at night. My heart rate was so elevated I could not fall asleep. I ended up staying up all night watching T.V listening to my heart beat through my chest. So 5:00 comes around and I head over to the sauna. I can barely drive as I havenít slept in 24 hours but I manage to make it just fine. I get to the gym and Load on all my gear to get my sweat on. I walk into the sauna and its ****ing cold. I scramble for an on button and canít find anything. I go to the front desk to get an idea of how long it takes for the sauna to warm up and I learn that the sauna is down today for maintenance. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? After he told me that I just turned around walked out the door straight to McDonalds and put on 10 pounds in one meal. I didnít even change out of my sweat suits. Luckily after that meal I feel asleep for a few hours and just decided to go weigh in anyway to get it over with. I wended up weighing in at 263. I ate and ate and by meet day was up to 269.

Meet Day

After this blunder I was still in high hopes for a good meet. With personal unequipped bests of 750, 505, 750 and a 1980 I was very optimistic for 5 LB PRís on my squat and deadlift. For my bench I had hoped to go 475 which would be a PR post injury as the most I had done in the gym was 470 so far. Squat warm ups start and the writing was on the wall for me. 135, 225, 315, 405, 545. All felt heavy and each set I begin to cramp more and loose speed. I opened with 650 and this felt hard. Considering I did 650 for 5 this cycle I knew this was a very good pick for an opener. The cut just wore me out and my legs felt empty. After 650 felt so terrible I went right to 755. I donít care if I squat 700 or 745. I do meets to get better and the only way to do that is to lift more weight. I un racked 755 for a modest 5 lb PR and I was stapled. I took it 1 more time for a third came out of the hole and lost it mid way. I wasnít pleased but I also didnít let it ruin my day. 6 more lifts to go. Going into the bench I was nervous. My first meet since my tendon tear and things could go very wrong. I at least wanted to bench more then the 55LB token opener I took in November. I opened with 425 and things felt OK. I jumped to 475 and it was a success. I opted out of a third as this was a PR and it hurt like hell LOL. I was very relieved after this as I felt for the first time since healing up that I can bench again. A very good feeling for a former bench only whore. As for the deadlift I knew history would repeat it self. I warmed up to 500 and 500 felt heavy. I opened with 650 and it went up but felt slow. Again I jumped to 755 for a modest 5 LB PR and missed. The bar may have come to mid shin. It may not have. I just know I 100% missed it. After that I skipped a third attempt and shut it down. I ended up with 1775 and a lot of cramping.

My meet didnít go as planned. Thatís for sure but I did learn what not to do and Iím glad that I blew it at a small meet instead of a big one. My prep went great for 6 months and I blew it in 3 days. Just goes to show you that the gym portion of this sport is only half the battle. I will continue to focus on the weight loss but I will begin to eat for strength again. Carbs should be my friend LOL. I am considering looking for a meet in June /July time frame but I may just hold off until November. I guess I was due for a bad meet. I did just have 3 meets in a row full of PRís

Brian Hopper
05-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I just read your log on EFS, sorry thing's didn't go your way. At least you know what not to do!!!!!

ScottYard
05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I just read your log on EFS, sorry thing's didn't go your way. At least you know what not to do!!!!!

LOL you betcha, Thanks.

ScottYard
05-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Heres video of my 475 bench from this weekend. I know its not a monstrous bench by some standards but I was very happy to hit this after not being able to bench at all for 3 months in the beginning of the year. My shoulder was really feeling it the past few weeks heading into the meet and all I could think about was it letting go and re tearing. Once the meet was over TO say I was relieved was a understatement. Especially considering I dont have benefits for one more month. But hey for a Drug free full power guy Ill take it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4fJRt5iXOzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4fJRt5iXOzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ScottYard
05-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Here is video of my 650 squat opener from saturday. Looking at the vid it def looks easier then it felt. Meet day this felt like a ton LOL.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILcWpBfAITc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ILcWpBfAITc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Brian Hopper
05-12-2010, 08:39 AM
That squat looked really easy!!!!

ScottYard
05-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Why not start another meet cycle?

Iím not satisfied with not lifting how I prepared to lift this past weekend. Very hard to leave this training cycle alone and take it easy and just look for a meet in November as I normally do after my spring meet. Well typically I do well this time of year so Iím going to take one more crack at spring meet before fall comes. I have decided to train for IPA worlds. It will be my first 100% raw meet with out wraps. This is IPA rules so thatís how Ill train the next 6 weeks. It will and was a shock to the system going hard with out wraps but it is just another new experience to get stronger from. Since I just finished a full 20 week cycle and had plenty of 100% max misses my body felt rough. But I just ignored it and did what I could. This also started th4e first time I will be trying 531 for the deadlift. Now I donít do 531 to the letter and I only do light reps up until the last set but its close and the core principles are still there. Since I only have 6 weeks to prepare, I though it would be a good time to try something different. Here we go again...........

I stayed home yesterday to watch my kid who was sick. Luckily for me I seemed to have caught what she had and I really didnít feel like training today. I had to drag my self in to the gym but once I got there things felt ok. Sometime you just have to just do it.

Squat Just a belt until the meet.

135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 1
535 for 8

Video of 535 for 8
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWOzknmo280&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWOzknmo280&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Iím not sure what I can squat with out wraps. I always use them for top weights. In February I squatted 685 with out wraps after not training for 7 weeks so I guessed around 700. I used that as my base weight then took 10% off to get my training max of 630. Thatís what all %'s will be based off. It felt weird with out wraps on getting me out of the hole but it will feel normal in a few weeks when Iím in the hole totally naked.

Deadlift

135 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 2
405 for 2
575 for 8

This set blew LOL. I havenít done anything over a triple in the deadlift for years. MY hands were on fire after this. Did this on a standard York bar.

Video of 575 for 8
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ll-c0ebNipk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ll-c0ebNipk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Glute hams

2 sets of 10

Knee Exts

2 sets of 10

Incline Mini band Abs

5 sets of 10

Done. Tough one after last weeks meet but I just canít train with out something to train for. Iím looking forward to only having to worry about putting my belt on in July LOL.

Brian Hopper
05-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Some killer rep sets!!!!

ScottYard
05-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Some killer rep sets!!!!

They sucked too LOL

ScottYard
05-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Back at it already. Typically this would be a deload week since the meet was 7 days ago but since Im going for IPA nats in june I got right back to it. My shoulder was sore so I didnt go full tilt. Left a couple reps in the bank but got some work in.

Bench

Indian Clubs for 5 minutes

bar for 10
95 for 5
135 for 5
185 for 1
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 8

Curl and Press

25's for 8
40's for 8
65's for 8

This is simply a dumbell curl to the shoulder then a press over head. The rotation seems to make my AC joint work and since im still have issues I though these might loosing things up.

Incline Tate Press

25's for 8
50's for 8
65's for 8

Prowler

3 80 yards trips

DONE

Nothing too intense today. I would say effort wise I was about 85% on everything. Not a bad first week back after a meet. 6 more until IPA worlds.

ScottYard
05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
2nd week of wraps less training. This sucks. Iím coming around though and had a descent night. I definitely feel like Iím do for a deload as I went right from a meet into a new cycle. My kid was up all night and I only slept about 4 full hours so it was tough to focus tonight but life throws you **** like that and you must learn to adapt in order to conquer. So far Iím on target for my goals so thatís a plus. I only had 25 minutes to squat and pull as my wife is in Alabama for work this week. Just me and the 2 year old alone till Saturday. HOLY **** IM IN FOR IT. MY KID IS CRAZY LOL. Wish me luck.

Squat Just a belt
135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 1
500 for 1
565 for 7

Deadlift
135 for 2
225 for 2
315 for 2
405 for 2
500 for 1
610 for 5

I needed seven to test out at 750 or so but I was running on empty at this point so I stopped at 5. My hand was killing me and Iím pretty sure itís not torn or anything but I donít want to it to become torn. It was burning up at rep 3 so I decided 5 would be an OK number. I donít have health insurance until June 1st so getting injured is not an option right now.

I didnít do any assistance work due to time running out but all in all I left the gym feeling good about the workout.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Holy ****, you did all that in 25mins?????

Kroncke
05-18-2010, 10:31 PM
2nd week of wraps less training. This sucks. Iím coming around though and had a descent night. I definitely feel like Iím do for a deload as I went right from a meet into a new cycle. My kid was up all night and I only slept about 4 full hours so it was tough to focus tonight but life throws you **** like that and you must learn to adapt in order to conquer. So far Iím on target for my goals so thatís a plus. I only had 25 minutes to squat and pull as my wife is in Alabama for work this week. Just me and the 2 year old alone till Saturday. HOLY **** IM IN FOR IT. MY KID IS CRAZY LOL. Wish me luck.

Squat Just a belt
135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 1
500 for 1
565 for 7

Deadlift
135 for 2
225 for 2
315 for 2
405 for 2
500 for 1
610 for 5

I needed seven to test out at 750 or so but I was running on empty at this point so I stopped at 5. My hand was killing me and Iím pretty sure itís not torn or anything but I donít want to it to become torn. It was burning up at rep 3 so I decided 5 would be an OK number. I donít have health insurance until June 1st so getting injured is not an option right now.

I didnít do any assistance work due to time running out but all in all I left the gym feeling good about the workout.

I just read through your journal--awesome lifting, brother. :strong:

How the **** did you do all that in 25 minutes?

ScottYard
05-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I just read through your journal--awesome lifting, brother. :strong:

How the **** did you do all that in 25 minutes?

Its really easy when you have no choice LOL

ScottYard
05-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Bench Day

Warm Up: Indian Clubs

Bench

Bar for 10
95 for 5
135 for 5
185 for 1
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
385 for 8 Post Injury PR

Tate Presses on Incline Bench

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
70ís for 8

1 Arm D.B Rows

150ís for 12

First set I used straps as our Dumbbells have zero knurling. Each rep killed my A.C joint. 12 reps was easy but itís no fun lifting in pain so I stopped. On the next set I went with out wraps thinking I would be limited in reps and it might not hurt as much. I did 4 before I said **** it and decided this is just another lift I canít do now. Fun Fun.

Pulls ups

1 sets of 15

I canít do this right either. I have to do them with a dead stop with my feet on the ground. I canít dead hang due to lack of mobility. So there are 2 lat movements I canít due. I should have just stuck to the chest supported row.

Light Side Raises

2 sets of 15 with 30ís

Turns out these arenít fun either.

ScottYard
05-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Prowler

2 100 yard trips with 4 minutes rest in between.

Sadly that was about how long it took to fully catch my breath. Im trying to find a happy middle ground here with not only my dieting but my cardio as well. Up to this meet I got extreme(well for me anyway) and was really pushing it in these areas. I lost sight of my overall goal of moving the most weight possible. Im scaling it back a bit and just making sure I do something. Doesnt have to be much but just enough to know I did it is ok for now.

Abs off incline bench against mini bands

5 sets of 20

Indian Clubs

4 movements for 20 reps each for mobility

The shoulder has been very sore and I did this to loosen it up before squatting thursday.

Did I mention I ****ing love carbs now. Im going nuts with breads, pastas, and all sorts of starchy wonders. Im far enough away from 275 that I just dont care right now. As long as I can just walk in and make 275 with my clothes on Im eating whatever i want until IPA worlds. Now dont get me wrong. Im not eating like a slob but I am eating penty of well rounded healthy meals at will.

ScottYard
05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Squat / Pull Day

Squat Just belt. Shoulder Width Stance

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 2
405 for 1
500 for 1
595 for 6

Deadlift

245 for 2
445 for 1
650 for 6

Video of 650 for 6
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhU4Yz3a5hg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhU4Yz3a5hg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Knee Exts

3 sets of 10

Blue Band leg Curls

3 sets of 10

Standing Cable Abs

3 sets of 10

Mini Band Sit ups

3 sets of 10

Prowler

3 100 yard trips

Done

Great workout. Squat tested at 700 and pull tested at 770 so Iím very excited about IPA worlds. Conditioning is feeling great so Iím really hoping I can pull a 3rd deadlift for the first time in a meet. It seems like a stupid goal but I have never finished a 3rd attempt in the deadlift. Itís always been due to piss poor shape. Hopefully Iím correcting this. Knees felt a little stiff so I hit the foam roller after the prowler and they felt belt after only a few rolls. I guess that makes me a pussy for admitting that but oh well. Iím sure the guy that wrote that on outlaws doesnít get any pussy! LOL. Apparently a lack of giny makes people say dumb worthless **** behind stupid internet handles. Maybe thereís a pill to fix that?

ScottYard
05-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Bench Day

Workout went pretty well today. Shoulder is getting better each workout. For the first time in a long time I did moirť then one work set today. I did my top rep set and then took a heavy single. Both top sets were PRís rep wise and single wise since post injury. I was a little beat up come gym time due to some landscaping. Went and bought a ton of stone for my decks border. Since my house is a giant hill a wheel barrel was not an option so I bought 5 gallon buckets and carried the stone up 2 5 gallons at a time. It took me about 2 hours of non stop hauling but the **** looks good. Traps wonít need work for a year or so now so it worked out for the long term LOL.

Heres what I did

Indian Clubs 5 minutes

Bench

Bar for 10
95 for 10
135 for 5
185 for 5
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 1
435 for 5 PR
485 for 1 PR

Video of 485 for 1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r35tyahqYPQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r35tyahqYPQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tricep palms in Dumbbell Extensions Lying. Strict as possible. I did 1 ascending set

25ís for 8, 40ís for 8, 50ís for 8, 65ís for 8 all non stop except time to grab bigger bells.

Arms were smoked after this.

Chest Supported rows

Brian Hopper
05-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Those are some nice PR's Scott!!!!!

ScottYard
06-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Last heavy day before the meet. Workout went really well. I didnít do a whole lot as my top sets on the squat and pull killed me energy wise. I feel strong right now and hope I can keep the momentum up going into the meet. Both sets were all time PRís.

I ended the night hitting 650 for 3 in the squat with just a belt(no wraps) and pulling 700 for 3 from the floor. I finished with some abs and got the hell out of the gym as it was about 90 degrees in there. 2 easy workouts left and then its meet time.

Heres the videos.

700 for 3 raw deadlift

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSZQnTausNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSZQnTausNI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

650 for 3 raw squat without wraps

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/30s3BJAL38s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/30s3BJAL38s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Supplements schedule today

7:00 Results, 2 scoops of nitrean, ETS, FIsh OIL, Multi Plus, Nitor
10:00 Novus Bar
1:00 Nitor
3:00 2 scoops of nitrean
Pre Workout: Results again
Post workout: Opticen
9:00 1 Scoop Nitrean, ETS (double recomended dose. I sleep like ababy when I do this LOL.

joey54
06-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Looks like you are all dialed in Scott.

Brian Hopper
06-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow Scott, very impressive!!!!!!

NickAus
06-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Doing very very well, love the videos Scott!!

vdizenzo
06-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Fantastic work. You are ready!

ScottYard
06-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Bench

Bar for 10
95 for 5
135 for 5
225 for 2
315 for 1
405 for 1
450 for 2

Video of 450 for 2
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-K1OGERttPs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-K1OGERttPs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Side Raise Ascending Set

25's,35's,45's,55's

All sets for 8 reps, with only rest being the time it took to put pick up higher dumbbell.

Mini Band pull aparts

5 sets of 10

DONE

Easy one today. I wanted to test my bench with a heavier load then typical like I did last week for the squat and pull. Strength feels good and my bench is luckily moving inch by inch each week. I wonít hit a PR this meet but Iím fairly confident Ill do more then I did during my last meet. No triceps today. I whacked my elbow at the park today saving my kid from diving off the top of a castle. I thought about doing some Tates or rollem downs but the 450 double didnít feel too nice on the elbow so I bagged it. No need to get another injury 3 weeks from a meet.

Iím really looking forward to this meet. It feels like a throw back meet of sorts. Like when I first started training and all I owned was some wrist wraps and belt. Hell I didnít even know gear existed until college. I didnít even wear knee wraps until I bought an ACE squat suit in 2006. When I first started competing at 17 I bought my first set of gear and loved the ****. I bought a new bench shirt every month. Young Scott (the former 17 year old version of me) would be pissed right now if he knew I was sponsored by elite and choosing to go totally raw at a meet (just a belt). An IPA meet at that. Something about those last 2 sentences just doesnít look right lol. EITHER IM ****ING DUMB, CRAZY, OR ATLEAST SLIGHTLY STUPID TO PUT MY SELF THROUGH THIS LOL. But for the first time since the days of young 17 year old Scott I will be able to say after this meet exactly how strong I AM. I havenít been able to answer that question since I was young Scott. I look forward to that most of all.

Supps for the Day

7:00 Nitrean and Results. 2 scoops of each. ETS, Multi Plus, Fish oil, and Nitor.

11:00 Results again, and top secret pre workout energy from Atlarge.
2:00 Post work out. Opticen

Ill finish the day with 4-5 more scoops of nitrean through out the day and about 8 pills of ETS before bed time.

ScottYard
06-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Vinny, Nick , Brian Joey,

Thanks guys!

I Appreciate the encouragement. My favorite thing about this sport is the people involved in it and the commaradirie guys like you have.

ScottYard
06-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Inverted hanging Body Rows

5 sets of 15

Hammer Curls

2 sets of 20 with 35's

Incline Mini Band Abs

3 sets of 20

Went home and went for a short walk with the family. I pushed the stroller around the neighborhood and the kid pointed at birds and kept saying "****" the whole time. Kids pick up things so easy........

9:00 1 Scoop Nitrean, ETS (double recomended dose. I sleep like ababy when I do this LOL.

ScottYard
06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
2nd to last workout before the meet.

Very easy one tonight. As all my deload days are.

Squat Just Belt

135 for 5
185 for 3
225 for 3
275 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 1
405 for 1

Deadlift

245 for 1
315 for 1
365 for 1
405 for 1

Blue Band Leg Curls

3 sets of 20

Knee Exts

3 sets of 15

Ab Wheel

2 sets of 10

Incline mini band abs

2 sets of 20

Prowler

2 80 yard trips

DONE

All I can do is wait now. Next week will be another deload day with even less weight then today and probably no assistance work. THe week of the meet Im going on vacation and going to Hershey park for a few days. It will be nice to be rested and away from work for a few days prior to the meet.

As of now I have some very concrete goals for this meet. Im doing IPA worlds in there RAW division. IPA rules only allow a belt and wrist wraps. NO knee wraps or sleeves allowed. I will be competing in the Elite Ameteur division which is 100% drug tested. I hate paying for a drug test but as my wife says often we dont go cheap on the things that count.

Meet goals

Squat 705
Bench 490
Deadlift 755
Total 1950

Im certain a 705 squat and a 490 bench will be an all out effort. But Im hoping to pull a little bit more on a third (Roughly 765 or so)but I like to go for 5lb PRs on second attempts and as my PR is currently 750, 755 fits the bill. This will give men an ELite total with only a belt. Its a lofty goal but pheasable.

Brian Hopper
06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Nice and simple deload, best of luck at the meet Scott!!!!!

joey54
06-11-2010, 08:22 PM
If you don't know this, you can get cheaper Hershey Park tickets at Giant. Unless you got a season pass of course. I live 5 minutes away from the park, so we go quite often. Monday night I rode the sidewinder all by myself. Have fun and unwind.

ScottYard
06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Bench Day

Bench Deload

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
365 for 1

Strict lying Palms in D.B Exts.

Up to 60ís for 10

Chest supported Rows

Up to a max set of 10

Close Grip Pulls ups

1 set of 15

Dumbbell Shoulder Circuit 15 reps, front, side, and rear.

3 sets with 35ís 8 reps each for 24 reps each set

Incline Mini Band Sit ups

3 sets of 15

DONE

A deload today for the bench. The meet is 2 weeks out so Iím done all the hard stuff. I have done some very different things this past 6 weeks and Iím looking forward to seeing how they pan out. For started I threw out my standard 4 week deload phase. It didnít fit into the time frame between last meet (May8th) and this one (June 27th). After breaking a lot of my own meet prep rules it did feel pretty good to just go in and train without everything being planned and accounted for. Dare I say instinctively? After typing the word ďInstinctivelyĒ and realizing how gay it looks, Id much rather just say I trained hard and didnít put a lot of thought into this meet other then to have a good time. The rules didnít fit the time line so no rules were applicable other then to train and get stronger.

I havenít done a meet and then jumped right back into intense training the following week in years. Usually I take a few weeks off and chill. After this time around I realized it only sucks the first week and then its fine. Good lesson learned. Next cycle I pick up a few good workouts I didnít have prior b/c of this. Also after not wearing wraps this mini cycle I learned that even though my knees are a little achy, they are still in good shape and the whole ďwraps are needed for protectionĒ thing has been thrown out the window. Sure Ill squat less with out them but its all relative. Any one who says other wise is most likely just afraid to take them off and let the numbers drop. All in all good important need to know lessons.

ScottYard
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Nice and simple deload, best of luck at the meet Scott!!!!!

Thanks

ScottYard
06-16-2010, 09:49 AM
If you don't know this, you can get cheaper Hershey Park tickets at Giant. Unless you got a season pass of course. I live 5 minutes away from the park, so we go quite often. Monday night I rode the sidewinder all by myself. Have fun and unwind.

Thanks man.

ben21921
06-16-2010, 12:49 PM
what meet are you doing Scott?

ScottYard
06-17-2010, 12:33 PM
IPA WORLDs at the end of june.

ScottYard
06-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Squat / Pull

Day Last one !

Well, in continuing my no rules philosophy for this mini meet cycle, I decided to go a little heavier then I normally do on my last week out. Typically Ill do 40-50% tops for a single then shut it down. I upped that a slight bit just for ****s and gigglesÖ..Mostly ****s after yesterdayís Chinese buffet.

Squat

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
405 for 1
505 for 1 70% of 705

Deadlift

135 for 3
225 for 2
315 for 1
405 for 1
545 for 1 70% of 755

I finished with some light abs and thatís all he wrote. Time for rest and relaxation. Iím on vacation next week and Iím off to Hershey Park Wednesday through Friday for a few days with the family. Then my wife is doing a triathlon Saturday before the meet on Sunday. Lots of walking this week but I donít turn life off when a meet is around the corner. I still have to play hubby and daddy 100% of the time. Iím going to go ice my palms now with some Coors light. We upped Daddy day today since my wife is going to Auburn tomorrow for a few days and the Grandparent are taking the 2 year old for a few days to let me sleep a few nights. My kid got me the Judas priest British Steel 30th anniversary box set. Itís ****ing awesome. A remastered CD, a live DVD with the Album in entirety and a matching live CD of the show. I watched the DVD this morning and it kicks ass. Halford turned it on and went after the signature high notes. Very cool stuff there. I advice you go get one.

Home alone for 3 days. This will be interestingÖÖÖÖÖÖ.

Supp Regime

Am Results 4 scoops, Ets Double dose, and 2 scoops of nitrean, Nitor, MUlti Plus, Fish Oil
Lunch,
Post Lunch 1 scoop nitrean and Nitor
Pre Workout Results
Post Workout Opticen
Pre bed time Ets Double Does and 2 scoops results.

ScottYard
06-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Last one before the meet.

Bench

135 for 5
225 for 5
275 for 1
315 for 1
350 for 1 70% of 490

Done. Just rest from here out and maybe some swimming and hot tub contrast therapy in between the usual icing. One thing that did happen is I did 135 and 225 with zero pain what so over. Felt weird to not hurt at all. LOL Must be getting closer to "healed". Tendon feels good to go but the A.C joint is almost there. Hopefully after this meet I can take a few weeks off and get 100% healed up prior to my november meet.

Started my day With 3 scoops of Results and 2 scoops of Nitrean. I also slammed nome ETS, Nitor, Multi Plus and 2 fish oil pills. This is like my bloody marry for the day. gets rid of the hang over LOL.

ScottYard
06-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Went in today to hit the foam and get my stretch on. Feeling pretty tight these past few days so it felt nice to go in and only stretch and bull**** instead of the usual beaten I give my self.

Its been 2 nights alone and man does this suck. MY wife gets in tonight around 3 AM from her flight and I might just stay up until she gets here. Nothing like a little post midnight delight!

My new favorite priest song is definately Hell Patrol from the Painkiller album. This songs a beast, especially live. I never looked at the Pain killer CD before. I always shy away from bands "Post Classic" material. IM just afraid to be let down with junk. I know how hard it is to stay creative and pump out great material but this just goes to show old dogs can learn new tricks and to give the newer **** a chance. Im obviously still pimping the Priest 30th aniversary box set. if you havent picked it up yet, do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

5 more days until go time.

7:00 Results, 1 scoops of nitrean, ETS, FIsh OIL, Multi Plus, Nitor
1:00 Nitor 3 pills
8:00 1 Scoop Nitrean, ETS

ScottYard
06-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Meet Results

20010 IPA Worlds, Raw, Elite Amateur Division (100% Drug tested Division).

This was my first raw meet with out knee wraps. Just a belt and wrist wraps per IPA rules. Not even knee sleeves. The meet had a buzz all morning about how tight the squat judging was the day before. First off I will say it was very strict. By strict I mean it was to the rule book. I will say it was a little refreshing to see such high standards at an IPA meet. Of course it sucks to get reds but thatís the sport. I will also say the judges were consistent all day and made everyone clearly break parallel for a good lift. And it wasnít the new convoluted Multi ply depth that has become the new accepted parallel. It was the ďTop of the thigh breaking the top of the knee true parallel (And donít get me wrong I have had my fair share of high squats passed LOL). Even the head judge was throwing reds for depth. That being said, after I realized how the judging was going to be I dropped my opener and adjusted my self to the dayís depth standard. It cost me some pounds but it cost everyone there a few pounds. As long as its fair and even (which it was) I didnít let it concern me. Luckily for me this was my first time with out wraps so what ever I did was a PR.

I started the day off with a 600 pound squat opener. I had initially thought 650 but after watching the first flight I knew it was best to open light and go deep. I thought I went deep but I was given 3 reds for depth. After that I jumped to 650 and got 2 whites for a good lift. I was relieved to be in the meet but at that moment I knew my goals of hitting 700 today was going to have to wait in order to hit a descent total. After 650 I decided 680 was a good choice. I sat down with it and came up well but was given reds by both side judges. 680 to me felt like a good lift but itís the judgeís call and all you can do is respect the call and move on.

Videos of my squats

600 No lift
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqqR-dwrZQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqqR-dwrZQY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

650 2 Whites Good Lift
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5eiXx13xzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_5eiXx13xzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

680 No lift for depth.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dg1RzduNSqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dg1RzduNSqY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

On the bench things went as planned. I opened with 450 for a good lift and then went to 480 for a 5 lb post injury PR. My shoulder felt great during this lift. The pauses were hefty but again it wasnít anything outside the ordinary. After discussing things with OOT we thought a shot at 500 might be doable. I could pick up some pounds I lost on the squat and be in good position total wise. We were wrong. 500 laid on my chest like a pile of bricks and it didnít move all but an inch. It did feel good to take a shot at 500 again.

450 Opener Good Lift
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUhNNthwmcs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUhNNthwmcs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

480 second attempt Good lift
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-XWXlREcdd8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-XWXlREcdd8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The deadlift came to around 6 hours after I did my first squat. I was a little tired but still felt strong. Warms up went really well and after I pulled 585 for my last one I knew I would get a PR today. I opened with 700 and the dam nest thing happened. I never got a down command. I smoked the weight then stood there for about 7 seconds. After holding the bar I actually began to think the head judges pace maker quit and he might have kicked the bucket. I even though he was having a seizure and locked up. Iím not kidding either. 7 seconds is a long time with 700 in your hands and you can think about a lot of things. So in not typical fashion of myself I dropped the bar, shouted a few obscenities and left the platform. I was pissed but it was a no lift due to dropping the bar. My bicep was tingling and I wasnít about to tear it again so I let go. After that the heat was on and I called for 755. If I didnít get this I was out of the meet. I went down grabbed on and yanked that sucker for 3 whites. The best lift I have made to date in my career. For the first time I am closer to 800 then 700 in the deadlift. I must admit I almost got a little teary eyed. In a sport full of let downs this was a big step for me. That may not be hardcore but oh well, Deadlift PRs are special!

700 Opener No lift after dropping the bar out of self preservation
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/stbpcKxXgZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/stbpcKxXgZE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

755 Deadlift Good Lift PR
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Pvt2c3mqgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Pvt2c3mqgo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So there you have it. A post injury bench PR and a deadlift PR. I totaled 1885 with just a belt on so Iím happy with the end result. I feel capable for more in the squat with out wraps but thatís what the next meet is for. After the meet Mark Chaillet threw a piss cup at me and said let me have it LOL. It sucks paying 85 bucks for a drug test though. Thatís almost a Keg of Coors. I donít mind though. It is nice to have official drug tested numbers under strict conditions. I do have one problem now though. I went with just a belt and it was very cool just slapping that belt on, hitting some ammonia then squatting. Looks like Ill be doing more meets like this. Donít get me wrong Ill throw the wraps on soon and try to squat something big. But it is nice to know Iím not afraid to take it all off and just lift.

I was running off Atlarge Stuff all Day. Before the meet I took 4 Nitor pills, A double shot of Results, and the secret formula. In between lifts I sipped on Nitrean and Opticen to keep hunger at bay. Having my bag full of supps made the day much smoother as Im never hungry at meets but I obviously still need the carbs and prtoein to stay in the meet.

Many Thanks to Chris and Daniel!

marty22877
06-29-2010, 11:23 AM
not too shabby buddy

ScottYard
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
The start of a new training cycle. Im doing 2 more full power meets this year. Just not 100% what ones Im doing. I am holding a APA meet october 23rd in littlestown PA 15 minutes from home. I may compete here. I may not. I may also do the APA DE meet in november or IPA Nationals. Either way I need to start training for them now LOL.

Squat
135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
365 for 3

Deadlift

Couple easy singles with 245

I finished up with some light Pull dowsn, and Dumbell over head presses. Pretty boring but I just did a meet 5 days ago and Im tired LOL.

Boozapalooza is almost here(4th of July) and I need to focus on my drinking abailities until then. My dads been talking **** lately and claiming he is the beer king in the family. so Ill have to step my game up. I willing to go 30, But the only problem is he will go 30...........Either way Ill have fun this weekend.

Brian Hopper
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey Scott, I have a couple of questions to ask you:

What kind of shoes do you squat in?

How far out do you start your training cycle for a raw meet?

Do you always deadlift after you squat?

ScottYard
07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Bench Day

Deload day and the first week for my September meet. I contemplated doing my own meet but the fact is People are giving me hard earned money and I need to give them my full attention to make this meet the best it can be. That being said I may just deadlift LOL. Iím doing 1 more wrap less raw meet and then Iím getting back in the wraps for a November meet in Delaware. I went easy on the bench but hit the assistance work pretty well. About 90% weight wise. Iím still tired from the 4th. Tons of beer, sun, and puking the next day. I must be getting old. If I do 2 nights straight of hard partying Iím a wreck for the next 2 days. I must admit though this UFC was worth tying one as the fights were actually exciting. I did get back down to 262 thoughÖÖÖÖÖÖAfter I barfed 6 times on mondayÖÖÖÖÖ..Thank god for holiday pay.

Bench
95 for 5
135 for 5
185 for 5
225 for 5

Strict Palms in lying Tricep Exts

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
65ís for 8

Lying Chest Supported Rows

5 sets of 8

D.B Front Raise

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
25ís for 25

Bent Raise

25ís for 8
50ís for 8

Side Raise

25ís for 8
50ís for 8

Reverse Grip Cable curls
1 set of 20

Thatís all for today. I am aiming to get a little more shoulder volume in on bench days. Since I canít do any overhead presses the additional raises should help. I am also going to start adding some high board presses. Since my shoulder is feeling well its time to start working on my lock out as thatís where Iím slowing down these days at meets.

Supps for the day

AM: Nitrean Ets Multi Plus Nitor
Post Lunch: Novus bar
Preworkout: Results
Post workout: opticen
Pre bed time: Nitrean ETS

ScottYard
07-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey Scott, I have a couple of questions to ask you:

What kind of shoes do you squat in?

How far out do you start your training cycle for a raw meet?

Do you always deadlift after you squat?

brian , Sorry i didnt see this sooner,

I use the versus olmpic shoes. Cheap and awesome.

I like long raw mini cycles. 20 weeks. But realistically the bets thing to do is pick a meet and do it. get the monkey off the back then focus on getting stronger. For instance this last meet(IPA worlds) I only had 7 weeks to get used to no wraps. it was tough but it worked out OK.

I pull after I squat b.c thats hows it done in meets so i cant see why It shouldnt be done like that in the gym. Pulling after squatting raw in a meet is tough. You might as well be used to it.

Brian Hopper
07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks Scott, I appreciate it!!!!!

I ordered some shoes from the website you told me to go check out. I should get them pretty soon.

I don't feel to prepared for this meet, but it is my first raw meet and like you said just do it and get the monkey off my back. I normally do a westside template for my geared training and for some reason i'm having a hard time working it into my raw cycle. Hopefully for my next raw meet, I can figure out a better cycle to work with.

Thanks again!!!!!

ScottYard
07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
I forgot to enter this workout. It is b/c it wasnít worth writing about. I thought I would be ready to get this training cycle started today. But as it turns out 11 days isnít enough rest. I will definitely get going this Thursday.

Squat

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3 Knees and Back felt beat up
365 for 3

Deadlift

245 for 3

I just felt ****ty today. Actually I just felt like I pulled a all time PR 11 days ago. One more week should do it then its full speed ahead.

Supps

AM Nitrean ETS Nitor Multi Plus Fish Oil
Post Lunch Novus Bar
Pre Workout Results
Post Workout Opticen
Pre bed Nitrean ETS

ScottYard
07-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Bench Day

I had a Great weekend. My daughter had her 2 year old Birth day party and it went great. We ordered pizza and luckily it was a high carb day. Not that I carb cycle any more but when ever I eat like I did today I am sure to tell the wife that itís cool b/c itís a High carb day. We rented a pavilion at a park called Kids Kingdom. It was community funded project and the park has a giant playground shaped like a castle full of slides, games, and all sorts of Kids stuff. After the birthday party we had the adult after party which went well too. Only this time we had this party in Adults Kingdom. And thatís my basement Bar with Vodka, beer, and wine. Any way I went to a sleep clinic Friday. I have terrible issues with sleep walking, Sleep talking and overall ****ty sleep in general. Iím getting a Sleep study done next week after I get back from vacation. I know I just went on vacation last month but this year after 4 years of killing my self in the insurance business I have decided to do as much as I can to not work. Itís hard to do but a vacation each month of summer is a good start. Im going away in august as well.

On to the gym stuff. I had a good workout today. I tried a few old things and realized I still have some limitations. I have a simple solution though. Donít do what hurts!

Bench

Bar for 10
95 for 5
135 for 5
185 for 3
225 for 1
275 for 1
315 for 1
370 for 10

2B

405 for 1.

After that I realized boards are not in the cards yet. The lateral movement of the bar hurts like a mother.

Floor Press

225 for 1

After this I realized lying on the floor in fixed position isnít nice to my shoulder either.

Strict Palms in Dumbell Extís

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
70ís for 8

Chest Supported Row

5 sets of 8

Side Raise

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
70ís for 8

Front Raise
2 sets of 25 with 25ís

1 Arm bent Raise

25ís for 8
50ís for 8
70ís for 8

I am kind of disappointed that the Boards and Floor press didnít work out. I was hoping to expand my bench routine. Clearly it wonít happen yet but hey at least I can bench. It has been worse.

After the gym I went to the Buffet and had 30 pieces of sushi and 8 pounds of fried shrimp. Good Stuff.

Daily Supps so far

AM Nitrean ETS Multi Plus Nitor Fish Oil
Pre Workout Results
Post Workout Opticen

ScottYard
07-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks Scott, I appreciate it!!!!!

I ordered some shoes from the website you told me to go check out. I should get them pretty soon.

I don't feel to prepared for this meet, but it is my first raw meet and like you said just do it and get the monkey off my back. I normally do a westside template for my geared training and for some reason i'm having a hard time working it into my raw cycle. Hopefully for my next raw meet, I can figure out a better cycle to work with.

Thanks again!!!!!

The shoes will help big time. Just be prepared to sit down more then your used to sitting back. Westside is great but for RAW meets you need more actual squatting to get better. Youll figure it out.

ScottYard
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Treadmill

8 minutes at 3.5 speed HR at 125-130

Bike

3 minutes with HR at 165-170

Elliptical

3 Minutes with HR at 165-170

Treadmill

8 minutes with HR slowing from 150-100 as speed slowed a few points per minute down to 1.5

Abs

Standing Cable Abs

5 sets of 12

DONE

Cardio is back in play now. Not a lot of play.........But def back in play again.

About 2 hours before the cardio I popped 3 Nitors to rev up the fat burn.

After the gym I had an opticen shake.

ScottYard
07-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Back in the saddle and hating it. Man that first workout back is tough. Tight, Stiff, Achey.........all the things pussies say LOL. Yea I got that too. I just did the prescribed reps today for 531. Not in the mood for PR chasing especially since I had to lift alone and only had 1 spotter and he was working the mono lift (Thanks OOT). Im going on vacation tomorow monring and wont be able to hit the normal squat night with the crew. I plan to be drunk and passed out tomorow by the time my usual squat training would begin(5:30).

Squat Just Belt

135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 1
540 for 5

Deadlift

245 for 3
425 for 2
580 for 5

I Left about 4 reps in the tank but again first weeks week are tough enough.

Blue Band Leg curls

3 sets of 10

Incline mini band abs

4 sets of 10

Knee Exts

3 sets of 10

Done.

Supps

AM: Nitrean 2 Scoops, ETS, Multi Plus, Fish Oil
Post Lunch: Novucs bar
Pre Workout: Results, Nitor 3 pills
Post Workout: Opticen 4 scoops
Night Time Ets, Nitrean 1 scoop

ScottYard
07-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Bench Day

Ill preface this workout by saying how ****ty sleep studies are. 30 cables plastered to your head and tape and glue in the mustache. Then they say SLEEP! I had the study done Monday night then benched on Tuesday. I had to sleep on my bad shoulder b/c the wires were on that side. When I woke up I felt like I retore my bicep tendon. Knowing this I went into the gym anyway going for PRís. Bad Idea LOL. I also went on a mini vacation to West Virginia for some nice relaxation in the mountains. Did some kayaking, got stuck in the rapids and some how managed to flip the boat right before we docked it. Good times though.

Bench

Bar for 10
135 for 10
225 for 5
315 for 3
410 for 2

After rep 2 I bagged it. My shoulder was not feeling it and I have learned the hard way to back off when needed.

I finished up with some light extensions, Shoulder Raises and rows. No need to aggravate the shoulder more then needed.

I get my Sleep study results in 10 days. The tech said from his view I am in the mild to moderate range but itís the Doctors call and things may change. CPAP?????????

AM: Nitrean 2 Scoops, ETS, Multi Plus, Fish Oil
Post Lunch: Novucs bar
Pre Workout: Results, Nitor 3 pills
Night Time Ets, Nitrean 1 scoop

ScottYard
07-22-2010, 06:54 PM
So I decided to make my life more complicated. Walking squats out. I decided to do this for a while and see what happens. Iím really contemplating doing a USAPL meet and qualifying for there RAW nationals. Thereís just not enough depth in my class in the organizations I lift as they are mostly dominated by geared lifters (Not that anythingís wrong with it). I want to do a meet where thereís actually some one else in my division LOL. Well see, I just thinking now and who knows what I can do time wise and money wise, but we will see.

Squat

Just a belt and some ****ty old sleeves. I was going to wear the elite sleeves but I couldnít get them on LOL. Thos things are jacked and perfect for an equipped lifter looking for support but not knee wrap like support.

All weights walked out

135 for 5
225 for 5
315 for 3
405 for 2
500 for 1
560 for 6

Video of 560 for 6
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsCtvb_7JFU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsCtvb_7JFU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Iím still feeling sluggish and weak after the meet. Iím trying to stay motivated but it is hard when the weights feel heavy. DAMN WEIGHTS!

Deadlift

135 for 5
225 for 2
315 for 1
405 for 1
500 for 1
610 for 5

Video of 610 for 5
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyhXN5g9n3g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyhXN5g9n3g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looking at the video it looks like I could have done 5 more but this felt tough and 5 reps is enough right now this early in the training cycle. For me anyway........

Knee Ext / Leg Curl Super Set

2 sets of 10 each

Incline Mini band Abs

5 sets of 15

Mini band Hip work for glutes

2 sets of 10

DONE

All things considered this workout wasnít too bad. The weights are harder then I want them to be but thatís how the game works post meet. Hopefully next week all the dust will be knocked off and I can move some weight.

ScottYard
07-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Treadmill. 25 minutes
Seated ab machine 4 sets of 15

that's all for today pool time.

Prior to hitting the treadmill I took four nitors and after ab work drank an option shake. I'm doubling my ets this week and my knee is feeling better. I love that stuff.

ScottYard
07-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Bench Day

Since last weeks bench workout was a waste I went into with a simple attainable goal and low expectations. I have been getting lazy with my warm up and Indian clubs and my shoulder didnít like it. I was mindful of that today and also took a gram of naproxen to get the day started. Iím not a fan of this but I just have to realize this is how it is now.

Bar for 10
95 for 10
135 for 5
185 for 3
225 for 3
315 for 1
365 for 1
410 for 6 Last time I did a 6 rep set was about 21/2 months ago so and I did 405. I figured a 5 lb PR is better then nothing. I may have had more in me but I donít feel like missing and aggravating things.

225 for 5 sets of 10

Im trying BBB this mini cycle. Since I canít do much I figure this may be a good tool for now.

Chest Supported Row

5 sets of 8

TATE Presses on Incline

Up to 70ís for 8

Bent 1 Arm Rear Delt Raises

Up to 70ís for 8

D.B Shoulder Raise

1 set of 25 with the 25ís

Descent workout today.

Supps so far today:

AM: Nitrean 2 scoops, ETS, Fish OIL, Multi Plus
Pre W/O Results Nitrean 1 Scoop
Post W/O 4 Scoops Opticen

ScottYard
07-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Squat / Pull Day

I decided to try and switch things up. In lieu of my usual 2 day a week program I have been running as of late. I contemplated adding a third day. IN order to do this I switched my main days around a bit making recovery a priority for the big 3. Instead of squatting and pulling on Thursday I thought about making it Tuesday. Since I bench on Sundays, I though Thursday would be best suited for the Assistance day. I need to do more assistance work and since my shoulder is still pussing around I figured a separate day would be a good idea as I wont blow my shoulder out with the first few bench movement and Ill actually be able to do some assistance work. On paper it looked like a good idea. In the gym last night it didnít go so well.

Squat Just belt and ****ty sleeves
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 3 after this set I noticed how tight my back still was from benching Sunday and how loose I wasnít!
405 for 2
505 for 2
595 for 3ÖÖÖ.Considering my PR is 6 with this weight I new something wasnít right.

Deadlift

245 for 3
325 for 2
405 for 1
525 for 1
650 for 0000000000000000000000 I went to pull on the bar, the bar said **** you and I pulled something in my lower rib cage. I sure itís just some cartilage that is sprained. I have done this before. It has the similar itching sensation that just canít be scratched. Fortunately next week is a deload week.

What did I learn?????????/

I learned that what I have been doing is working just fine and as long as my lifts keep moving (Which they are) I shouldnít **** with anything. This is the kind of **** that happens when I try to get cute and start thinking! Iím going back to the usual Sunday bench, Thursday squat and pull regime. Turns out my low back canít take only 2 days rest between major workouts. I would never advise any one try a switch and then bail after one week but as it turns out I am very superstitious LOL.

Daily SUpps

Am Nitrean 1 Scoop ETS FIsh Ol Multi Plus
Post Lunch: Opticen as a MR
Pre Workout: Results and 2 Scoops Nitrean
Pre bed:ETS and 2 scoops Nitrean