PDA

View Full Version : football training

dss30
10-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi guys, My name is danny and I start a wide receiver and strong safety on junior varsity as a sophmore(I'm 2nd string on varsity) and I am 5'4'' and 115 pounds and I was wondering how i can pack on some weight but still remain fast? And I was also wondering what lifts could help me gain strength in a short period of time. My doctor has advised me not to start squating yet because I am not done with puberty. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

slashkills
10-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Personally i think that your doctor is an idiot. Many kids on my schools team were going through puberty when they started squatting freshman year. They are all stronger and faster now with no health problems.

Read the stickies at the top of the GPP forum. Westside for skinny bastards 3 is a great routine to follow. Dont be inpatient though, strength and speed take time.

Travis Bell
10-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi guys, My name is danny and I start a wide receiver and strong safety on junior varsity as a sophmore(I'm 2nd string on varsity) and I am 5'4'' and 115 pounds and I was wondering how i can pack on some weight but still remain fast? And I was also wondering what lifts could help me gain strength in a short period of time. My doctor has advised me not to start squating yet because I am not done with puberty. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Squat, bench and deadlift. Read the stickies

Ryan Hale
10-21-2009, 11:10 AM
You only weigh 115#'s as a Sophmore and start both ways on JV?? Curious as to what size your school is,must be small?
Eat big and lift big.

Ryan Hale

dss30
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
our school has 2400 students. i start because i have solid hands, i run a 4.6 second forty yard dash, and cause i have big balls(I'm crazy)

and i am the smallest person on my team b 15 pounds and 2 inches