PDA

View Full Version : is it better not to do cardio while on a ckd?

the_hall
04-26-2002, 08:13 PM
I have heard while on a ckd (or any other diet) cardio is bad, because of the catabolic effects. Many people say that you shouldnt do cardio, period if you are a bodybuilder, fat loss is best achieved through the diet (assuming you want to retain muscle).

What do you guys think? If I want to burn fat and retain muscle (the same thing everyone on a ckd wants to do) should I do cardio on Wed and Thu (bodyopus) or just skip the cardio? Are the fat burning effects really worth the muscle I will lose?

Thanks

InferiorDesign
04-26-2002, 08:36 PM
franco columbo ran all the time, he was pretty big. ( i read his book) i have to do some cardio, i.e. riding my bike 2 miles, cause i dont have a car, its the only way to get to the gym. do some cardio, but medium-light cardio

Maki Riddington
04-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Franco also used steroids.
Let the diet do the work.

Jane
04-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Really Maki? No cardio? It should help with getting back into ketosis though, shouldn't it?

Then again, it might not make THAT much of a difference...

jdelaware
04-27-2002, 02:36 PM
cardio on a ckd wont do much harm if you dont abuse it. its also good for the heart.

Jane
04-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by jdelaware
cardio on a ckd wont do much harm if you dont abuse it.

Ok, but will it do a lot of good? :)

Maki Riddington
04-27-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Jane
Really Maki? No cardio? It should help with getting back into ketosis though, shouldn't it?

Then again, it might not make THAT much of a difference...

*** If you simply change your ratios then you won't have to use cardio as a means to get yourself back into ketosis. Also if your workout is intense enough you won't have to use cardio. Since the workout will be depleting your stores enough you'll be pushed back into ketosis.

But yes, your right when you say cardio can be useful.:)
My philosophy is to let the diet do its work and add in cardio and or other things to speed up the process when your results are stagnating.

jdelaware
04-27-2002, 05:42 PM
in my opinion it would. like maki said it would speed things up a bit. for me id rather use a little cardio to get me into ketosis than upping my fat to protein ratio. tried it twice and it just made me sick.

Jane
04-27-2002, 07:10 PM
jdelaware...out of curiosity/comparison. what is your height/weight/body fat and what do your macros look like throughout the week? I just try to get about 30% calories from protein and 70% from fat and stay at 500 below maintenance.

jdelaware
04-27-2002, 11:31 PM
im 5' 10 200pnds, i try to take in about 75% fat and 25% pro. im at 2000 cals right now.