PDA

View Full Version : Hips how low with deadlift??

imc_1121
10-25-2009, 08:55 AM
I've read in several articles that the lower the hips, the less lower back recruitment and more lower body use; but there are many other saying that deadlifts should not be done with hips too low.

Any advice please??

Lones Green
10-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Take video.

skinny99
10-25-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX8jgCFXYTU&feature=player_embedded

This is a pretty good video! If you search youtube there a couple more good ones from Rip!

dynamo
10-25-2009, 07:43 PM
FWIW I do deads at all different heights usually I like to keep my core readily involved though, but not a SLDL, I have been known to knock out a few reps with my thighs almost parallel to the floor it works out the glutes tremendously.

Adam
10-25-2009, 08:39 PM
My style is hips pretty high. For my leverages thats the most efficient.

BigTallOx
10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I've read in several articles that the lower the hips, the less lower back recruitment and more lower body use; but there are many other saying that deadlifts should not be done with hips too low.

Any advice please??

I think everybody has different leverages and what's ideal for you probably won't look like what's ideal for somebody else. But that said I try to keep mine as low as possible ( which still isn't very low, lol ) for as long as possible ( which is something I'm always working on ). For me anyway, the longer I can keep my hips down ( or somewhat down ) the more I can use my legs.

Chris Rodgers
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
My style is hips pretty high. For my leverages thats the most efficient.

:withstupi:

Me too.

Guido
10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Yep. It's going to depend mostly on your proportions, specifically the length of your femurs to torso (and length of your arms) that will determine what is the most ideal hip height for you.