PDA

View Full Version : Snatch Cririque

Auburn
10-25-2009, 12:49 PM
All right boys, any eyes see something that I missed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOCJpE3ThhM

Issues that I see:

1.Back Strength, hips rise a little more than I'd like off the floor. I don't think this is a positioning issue, I think I'm just weak in that position. Also might need to arch a little harder during the lift.
2. I feel like I need to bring the bar back a little more when I break it from the floor.
3. Need to keep the bar closer on the turnaround.
4. Good God, my pull under is slow. Maybe because I don't stay over the bar long enough? Not sure. The fact that I've gotten crazy fat probably doesn't help.

ZenMonkey
10-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Can you get a side view?

-It looks like you could be over the bar more
-More back arch
-Catch it in a much deeper squat, yours looks pretty shallow.

Hard to tell so these two are merely speculative
- Are your lats flexed during the pull?
- Are you curling your hands over the bar and pointing your elbows out?

Other than that, real clean lift. Nice work man! 100kg snatch is a fantastic achievement!!!

Auburn
10-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks, man. I'll try to get a side shot next time.

Over the bar more -

This has been the largest change to my lifting lately. For whatever reason, it's been a great help to me to have a more upright pull. My squat is down considerably, but my competition lifts keep going up and the only real change that I can attribute it to is the new pulling posture. I'm hesitant to get back into the higher-hipped position.

Back arch -

Definitely. I'm in a very good position when I'm setting up, but I lose some lower back arch when I bring the shoulders over the bar. In the past, I would lose some upper arch during the beginning of the second pull of the clean, so it's probably just a weakness in general.

Squat depth -

I've thought about this previously. In my current stance, my hamstrings come into contact with my calves at the bottom of the squat. Even if I let my back round and get into poor posture, I'm not getting lower in that position. I'm still debating if I want to work on going wider and the strain it'll place on the knees and hips.

Lats flexed -

In general, they are kept tight. On this particular lift, I couldn't tell you. I was just thinking about pulling the bar well.

Wrists curled, elbows pointed out - Elbows are out, but I don't really curl the wrists anymore. I'll try to think about that more next time and see what happens.

Also, can someone edit the title since I can't spell 'Critique'?

Hockey66
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
The snatch is too hairy. Shave the snatch.

Bodyguard
10-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Auburn, your from Auburn? Like war eagle, go tigers, bama sucks type Auburn. Like, I still believe we can beat bama Auburn. Like bring back the Tubs even though Gene ant doing so bad Auburn. Wow me too.

Auburn
10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Good job, internet. You produced two winners.