PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can get calcualtor ?

thecoder0
10-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi guys

Can anyone please point me in the direction of one of those calcualtors that tells you what amount of calories fat protein and carbs you need for various body weights please.

Dave

Mercuryblade
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm not aware of any type of calculator, I'm sure there's something out there, but I wouldn't put stock in it, at all.

How much you need of macronutrients is really dependent on the individual.
What are your goals? Weight gain, fat loss...?

The general rule of the thumb is anywhere from 1-1.5 g protein / lb body weight to gain muscle.
If you are just looking to keep your current lean mass and lose some weight you can get away with 1g protein / lb body weight or even less.

As far as carbs and fats, these are energy sources, and should be adjusted to fit your overall personal preferences and caloric needs. Ie if you are on a 2000 calorie diet, and 800 of those calories are coming from protein, then the remaining 1200 calories will come from fats and carbs. You can use http://www.fitday.com to track the macronutrient breakdown of your foods.

thecoder0
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm not aware of any type of calculator, I'm sure there's something out there, but I wouldn't put stock in it, at all.

How much you need of macronutrients is really dependent on the individual.
What are your goals? Weight gain, fat loss...?

The general rule of the thumb is anywhere from 1-1.5 g protein / lb body weight to gain muscle.
If you are just looking to keep your current lean mass and lose some weight you can get away with 1g protein / lb body weight or even less.

As far as carbs and fats, these are energy sources, and should be adjusted to fit your overall personal preferences and caloric needs. Ie if you are on a 2000 calorie diet, and 800 of those calories are coming from protein, then the remaining 1200 calories will come from fats and carbs. You can use http://www.fitday.com to track the macronutrient breakdown of your foods.

Hi thanks for the reply I have used something similar in the past and it came out that at 186 pounds i need to be taking in :
cals 2976
protein 297
carbs 260
fats 82

I would like to set myself a target bodyweight of 200 pounds so therefore would like to know what cals i need to be aiming for etc.

dave

Unreal
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
There is no calculator that is accurate. If your not gaining then eat more.