PDA

View Full Version : Milk Question Guys Please

thecoder0
10-27-2009, 08:20 AM
I am currently trying to add some bulk mostly clean but I am throwing in the odd Big Mac and also have worked up from 4 pints of semi skimmed to 8 pints of full fat milk ...per day

My question is due to being an old fart and the the fat content of the full fat milk being high should I possibly going for the low fat version

8 Pints of semi skim gives me 1880 cals approc
8 Pints of full fat gives me 2400 cals approx.

Just remembered another question as well if I may ....On the subject of eating correctley (clean) am I better using a weight gainer on top of my current diet or just throw in a few cheat burgers now and then....may seem a daft question but thats the extent of my knowledge so appols in advance.:) Dave

What you think guys please.

Alyion
10-27-2009, 09:12 AM
If you are going for the full belt GOMAD diet, then it should be full fat milk. However you mention you are an "old fart" and may in fact just do nothing but make you chubby read:

http://www.strengthmill.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5757&postcount=12

But I know of one guy was 37/38 and did it with pretty good results.

IMHO if you are pushing past 40 then lower fat milk (i.e not such a massive caloric surplus) would suit you better than full fat but if you are mid-30s and less then you should get away with it

Try it, you're not gonna balloon up overnight, if it doesnt work - then it doesnt work, live and learn

In regards to your second question, I would try myslef to keep it clean. I know in my opinion I personally feel better from a mental standpoint when I eat so-called 'clean' foods - probably 100% pyschological, but it works for me - but the odd burger now and then never killed anyone