PDA

View Full Version : Diet Outline for 5'11 male at 190lbs and 10% bf

jamrock
10-27-2009, 08:41 AM
I was reading the following article:
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/

It makes good sense. I'm currently 215lbs, I took a two month break and watched what I ate but wasn't as strict as I would be at maintenance.. I've never been under 200lbs and at 200lbs I felt I looked small and weak. I want to get down to 189-190lbs in an attempt to really reduce my midsection. I have love handles that always show, no matter how lean I've gotten.. I think it's due to where I've worn my pants all my life and possible estrogen related fat gain. Thing is when I was 305lbs they were stuffed and busting at the seams and I think i've got a bunch of lose skin.. So even though the rest of my body looks good enough for me, the handles look fat..

I'm wondering if i'm going about it the right way?

Mercuryblade
10-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Well, first off, congradulations on getting down from 305 to 190lbs. That takes a lot of hard work and discipline.

As far as the love handles thing goes, that's just genetics for you, it has nothing to do with how you wore your pants. My love handles and lower belly are literally the last place my body loses fat. I can have veins sticking out in higher regions of abdomen and still have some fat sitting around my belly button, and have love handles.

Everyone carries their weight differently, depending on what your goals and aspirations are you can go different directions right now. Given that it's going to be November soon, I would opt to not worry so much about that last little bit of fat right now, focus more on slowly putting some lean mass throughout the winter, and then come February-March start thinking about cutting some more.

jamrock
10-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, first off, congradulations on getting down from 305 to 190lbs. That takes a lot of hard work and discipline.

As far as the love handles thing goes, that's just genetics for you, it has nothing to do with how you wore your pants. My love handles and lower belly are literally the last place my body loses fat. I can have veins sticking out in higher regions of abdomen and still have some fat sitting around my belly button, and have love handles.

Everyone carries their weight differently, depending on what your goals and aspirations are you can go different directions right now. Given that it's going to be November soon, I would opt to not worry so much about that last little bit of fat right now, focus more on slowly putting some lean mass throughout the winter, and then come February-March start thinking about cutting some more.

Thanks!

I'm in Miami though, I was just at the beach last week. Summer is here come February. I'm content with where I am really, except that to me my love handles make my whole physique look unfit. Like you, I'll have a very vascular torso and limbs but the damn life saver jiggles. lol..