PDA

View Full Version : White rice and potatoes, good or bad carbs??

imc_1121
10-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm thinking about eating a nice portion of white rice or potatoes on every meal, but also trying to stay on a relatively clean bulk.

I was wondering if it's ok to eat them in large quantities without it leading to fat gains on the long term.

jamrock
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm thinking about eating a nice portion of white rice or potatoes on every meal, but also trying to stay on a relatively clean bulk.

I was wondering if it's ok to eat them in large quantities without it leading to fat gains on the long term.

I think the GI is negligible.. if you eat the proper portions at the right times you should be fine with any rice, or potato..

I like white potatoes in my beef stew/chicken fricassee/bbq, I prefer sweet for my mash taters and fries. I eat basmati rice like it's my job. I suck at making brown rice, I rather enjoy it.

Unreal
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Good or bad for what? There is no such thing as a good or bad carb. The only bad carbs are ones that don't fit into your diet plan. High GI and Low GI carbs both have their place.

As for eating them in large quantities without fat gain, that is a function of your overall diet, not the "quality" of your carbs. You can get fat eating any type of carb in excess.