PDA

View Full Version : Milk Hurts My Stomach, What can I do?

Adrian101
10-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Hey guys I love milk, but unfortunately the effects afterwards are killer. It's like I took a trip to mexican restaurant. Is there anything that I can take with the milk that help quell my intolerance towards it? I've drank Lactaid milk before but its like 7 to 8 dollars for a gallon of that ****, which is simply unaffordable to me.

Any advice at all will be great thanks, WBB.

joey54
10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Find another srouce of protein. Milk is highly regarded on this site, but on other sites I visit when someone mentions milk it is like blasphmey. They point to the stool and blood which makes its way into the milk as it is being made as reason enough not to drink it. I really don't know. I stopped with cow milk some time ago and my stomach has thanked me greatly. Milk is a cheap protein source, but if it is giving you as much discomfort as you state, you can do it with other things. There are tons of meat to choose from. And you can get good fat from things olive oil and avacados.

Adrian101
10-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Aww man I really dont want spend the extra cash to find another protein source. Also meat wouldnt be a good a option, I need something of a liquid consistency that will help to make a shake for drinking purposes.

tom183
10-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Is there anything that I can take with the milk that help quell my intolerance towards it?

Not to my knowledge.

I need something of a liquid consistency that will help to make a shake for drinking purposes.

Protein poweder mixed in water.

J.C.
10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
I need something of a liquid consistency that will help to make a shake for drinking purposes.

Water. Juice.

Notorious
10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Heavy whipping cream for the creamy consistency.

Off Road
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Beef, Fish, Turkey, Chicken, Ham, Cheese, and Eggs.

d0rkyd00d
10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I think Silk is cheaper than lactaid....not sure if soy protein would be as good.

tmor6
10-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm lactose intolerant and use soy protein (as opposed to whey)...nutritionally it's about the same (i.e. about the same amount of protein per serving amount). I purchase mine at GNC which I would recommend if you're close to one. They usually have buy one get one deals.

suprfast
10-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Lactose intolerant too. I choose all the whey isolate. I used to use 8th continent soy and silk then i realized heaven opened the doors with lactose free milk.

Lactaid was my first choice but pricey for lactose free milk.

Check your local grocery store for Darigold products
http://consumer.darigold.com/2percent-lactose-free-milk.html
Cost is a nice 2.30/half gallon compared to almost 3.50-4.00 for lactaid.

I buy 4-6 containers at a time and they last me about 1 week for 1 total gallon(two containers).

kris