PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible (weight loss)?

Ryumexicano
10-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Ok guys! I read in another forum that a guy lost 90Lbs in 3 months by following the attached diet:

Is that possible considering:

He did cardio every day and followed the diet strictly:omg: I am calling that BS, but you never know. He was 280Lbs and dropped 90 lbs. For some reason big guys lose a lot of weight fast when they change their diet and exercise, but 90lbs in 3 months is like BS. I am just curious.

I want to start my cutting in January. I wanna get as far as I can with my bulking right now. I want to drop at least 20 lbs of fat next year. I want to see my abs some day. :evillaugh:

Thanks,

Erick
Reception

Mercuryblade
10-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I lost about 25lbs in one month. I worked at the airport, moving luggage carts around all day.
If that guy was morbidly obese, and really stuck to a diet plan, I could see that being possible, although he probably lost a good deal of lean mass in the process. I don't think dropping weight that fast is possible without having significant impacts on other aspects of his health (hormone levels, various metabolic processes, etc.)

Did you ever watch Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 a few years back? Bone Crusher, who was really overweight would sometimes lose 10 or more lbs a week.

Ryumexicano
10-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I lost about 25lbs in one month. I worked at the airport, moving luggage carts around all day.
If that guy was morbidly obese, and really stuck to a diet plan, I could see that being possible, although he probably lost a good deal of lean mass in the process. I don't think dropping weight that fast is possible without having significant impacts on other aspects of his health (hormone levels, various metabolic processes, etc.)

Did you ever watch Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 a few years back? Bone Crusher, who was really overweight would sometimes lose 10 or more lbs a week.

Yeah, I remember that show! That is very insane, but it appears that it only happens with morbidly obese people. When I lost weight 2 years ago, I lost like 15lbs in 3 months and that was extremely hard, that's why I don't believe what this guy did too much, but some say it's possible.

I went to the gym in the mornings for like 1 hour and a half. Ate pretty much special K cereal, Fruits, vegetables (steamed), Yogurts, etc... No FATS, except weekends, just to keep the body going and during the afternoon I did 1 hour of running (jogging), non stop (outdoors) from Monday-Saturday.

I looked thing even losing 15lbs was very tremendous because I lost fat more than anything. It was insanely hard, but I got through it and I want to do it again after my bulk to look mean and better :P :evillaugh:

Keep the responses going guys, thanks!

Ryu:indian:

MikeSlough
11-01-2009, 11:33 PM

LuNa
11-01-2009, 11:58 PM

Troll much :tuttut:

franklinfan
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I sincerely doubt it. I don't doubt 90lbs in 3 months as much as I doubt that he went from 280 down to his ideal weight. Weight loss tends to slow once you get down to the end. His pace was like a best week possible, every week until the end.

twishtirk
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't doubt 90lbs in 3 months as much as I doubt that he went from 280 down to his ideal weight

The Door Man
11-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I lost 50lbs in 8 months, despite adding around 8-10lbs of muscle (at least). This required me to run 2-2.5 miles every other day, and lifting weights every other day (on days I didn't run) with only one day off a week...also stopped drinking pop and did my own diet of cereal (healthy cereal) in the morning in the first 30 minutes after I wake up, and take a banana, apple, and turkey sandwich to work with me, eating one at 9am, one at noon, and one at 3pm.

I also drink no less than 84 oz of water a day...which I think is key for me.

If losing 90 lbs in 3 months is possible, it isn't healthy. But I'm basing this on what it took for me to lose 50 lbs ove 8 months, nothing else.

CaptainMorgan
11-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Morbidly obese people shed pounds easily when they actually try. Not only on that Celebrity Fit, but if you ever watch the Biggest Loser, those gigantic lardos usually lose double digit numbers every week.

hardBODmiranda
11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
If this is true then it can help many people who are really strugling in losing their extra weight.

Vella
11-06-2009, 04:33 AM
well it might be true but its VERY VERY difficult and hard to accept. maybe it is total BS lolz. any how I aint gonna workout like that.

Mercuryblade
11-06-2009, 10:20 AM
The spammers aren't really holding anything back in this thread.