PDA

View Full Version : How many calories per day?

imc_1121
10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
How many calories per day should I eat to gain weight?
I'm 20 years old, weight 141.09 lbs. Will workout for 3 days per week.

ZenMonkey
10-30-2009, 01:11 PM
read the sticky

machaf
10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Check out this article

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/

Say you wanna be at 160 lbs? 160*16 = 2560 cals a day. Try and get 1g to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. So 141 - 210g of protein.

ZenMonkey
10-30-2009, 08:38 PM
If you are going to look at that article then look at the sticky discussing methods on bulking.

Daniel Roberts
10-31-2009, 04:30 AM
As my nemesis (!) stated above, read my article and also read the sticky at the top of the page. They offer differing viewpoints which ultimately converge and should give you a decent understanding of where to pitch your calorie intake.

Neither approach is difficult, the difficulty is in applying the information consistently ie eating the required amount day in and day out without fail.
Same goes for your training.

Finally gaining appreciable amounts of muscle and strength is not a 6 month project. You can make visible changes in that time frame, but to make lasting impressive change you need to devote years to time under the bar and to eating.

Best you know what faces you at the onset, it'll save you disappointment and wasted time.
The process is simple (don't let anyone tell you otherwise), applying it however requires hardwork.

ZenMonkey
10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I am not meaning to discount Daniel's disposition in any way. He surely knows his stuff and probably better than I, I am just advocating being in the "know" of different stand points. :spam::spam::spam: