PDA

View Full Version : GoodyGirl's Lean Mean Machine Journal

Pages : [1] 2

GoodyGirl
10-31-2009, 12:03 AM
This is the very first post for my Journal. A little bit about me: I grew up loving sports and began playing soccer at age 16. My first and only ever field position was goalkeeper, primarily because no one else volunteered to play that position. That appealed to me instantly. The fact that no one else wanted to play there made it appear like a frightening task and it became an immediate challenge for me. No one else wanted to do it so I thought I would show them how it was done! I loved it. I also used to compete in a local swimming competition until around age 14. Each year at school, I won the Swimming Age Champion trophy. My broad shoulders and back made this an ideal sport at the time, but short, explosive distances were my passion, or at least what I was best at.

I remember hitting the gym casually around about age 16 to lift some weights for fun and increase my fitness. These were my first experiences in the male dominated gym world, but I enjoyed it even though it was at times very intimidating. Studying the science of Human Movement was eventually what I decided I would love to do upon leaving school and off I went to University to complete an Exercise Science degree. 2 days after graduating, I ruptured discs in my lower back and after years of ongoing severe back pain, I needed an operation in 2002 to replace those ruptured discs with artificial ones. 3 ruptured discs were later discovered in my neck after chronic episodes of neck pain and one of those discs was also replaced with a titanium insert in 2004. Throw in a sudden ruptured brain aneurysm needing an emergency craniotomy in 2002 and then 2 children in the ensuing years and exercise and any job prospects took a back seat!

Anyway, here I am now, 6 months into my gym membership. I have lost 12kg (26lb), gained muscle and strength and am looking to continue my weight training. Am currently 73.6kg (162lb). I am slightly limited in which exercises I choose to do to avoid exacerbating my existing back and neck conditions.

Where do I want to be further down the track? I'm really not sure yet. I want to become more muscular, that's for sure. I like the look and feeling of being muscular. How big? Not grossly huge but athletically muscular and leaner. I would like to have visible abs for the first time in my life! And when I get them, you'll all be the first to see them! I still want to look feminine and not manly. I'm doing this naturally. I have already had some ignorant friends and others assume because I have made great gains in strength and muscle that I must be taking something. It's not possible for a girl to get big muscles they say. I don't judge those who do use steroids or other growth promoting substances, it's all a personal choice, but it's not something I am interested in at all.

Some people have massive misconceptions about girls and weights. I have already had one lady in the gym tell me “You need to stop!”. That's not going to make me stop. That just gives me more drive! Silly woman. A lot of people who do not exercise do not understand why girls would ever enjoy lifting weights. Most of them are in terrible shape, maybe it's just a jealousy thing? That's why I love the gym so much. The boys on the gym floor understand and can appreciate the hard work and dedication. Girls lifting decent weights also understand, but some of those that steer only towards cardio equipment, stare and appear to make superficial judgements. It's written all over their faces, sadly.

Anyhow, I plan on posting my workouts here, diet stuff, results, thoughts and questions and maybe photos too. I am already feeling more motivated by joining this forum. I'm going to see what is possible with my body and test my limits. So far, it's been immensely satisfying for mind and body. I have added some albums already to my profile. I will continue to add more as time progresses to show results. Thanks everyone in advance for reading my journal and for any future contributions and advice.

GG

jbrin0tk
10-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Good to have you here. Good luck with your goals.

Clifford Gillmore
10-31-2009, 12:12 AM
And now a welcome to Journal land :) Geeze, I already like you from all of your thoughts on girls training + you have a degree in exercise science. Looking forward to tagging along! (PS. The guys here love things in lbs, lazy sods make me do the calculations for them!)

GoodyGirl
10-31-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks Guys! I'm looking forward to all of this too!

(PS. The guys here love things in lbs, lazy sods make me do the calculations for them!)
Hahaha, yeah, I thought they might. I have already done conversions for them. Blah. I hope they appreciate it! :clap: Clap for GoodyGirl please :)

GoodyGirl
10-31-2009, 02:18 AM
Here's how I'm going to work things for people who use Kilograms (like me) and those who use Pounds. Kilo's will be listed first and pounds in brackets. If I get lazy and forget the pounds, you'll have to do your own calculations! Without a calculator!! :scratch:

TRAINING: LEGS
30th Oct 09
VOLUME, VOLUME & MORE VOLUME
BURN BABY, BURN!

All gym squats in smith.... no power rack/squat rack in my gym
I realise the weights I mention will thus be inflated compared to free weight squats
SQUATS
5 sets
40kg (88lb) x 10 reps
60kg (132lb) x10 reps
80kg (176lb) x 10 reps
90kg (198lb) x 10 reps
100kg (220lb) x 10 reps
EDIT 01/03/2010: Looking back, these numbers are wayyyy inflated. I now realise I was doing pathetic squats which were not deep enough, hence the larger weight. No way I can do that weight going deeper.

SEATED CALVE RAISE
5 sets
25kg (55) x10 reps
30kg (66) x10 reps
35kg (77) x10 reps
40kg (88) x10 reps
40kg (88) x10 reps

LEG EXTENSIONS
5 sets
35kg (77) x10 reps
40kg (88) x10 reps
45kg (99) x10 reps
50kg (110) x10 reps
55kg (121) x10 reps and hold at end

STANDING CALVE RAISE
5 sets
40kg (88) x10 reps
50kg (110) x10 reps
60kg (132) x10 reps
70kg (154) x10 reps
70kg (154) x10 reps

HAMSTRING CURLS
5 sets
32.5lb x12 reps
50lb x10 reps
55lb x10 reps
62.5lb x10 reps
62.5lb x10 reps

STEP-UPS ONTO BOX (est. 17 inch box height)
with Dumbells
5 sets
20lb DB's x 20 reps (10 reps each leg)
30lb DB's x 20
40lb DB's x 20
45lb DB's x 20 (puffing, panting and cursing under my breath!) :swear:
40lb DB's x 20

One last exercise just to hammer myself & for something different
BOX JUMPS (est. 17 inch box height)
with Dumbells
5 sets
Bodyweight (BW) x 15 reps
10lb DB's x 15 reps
15lb DB's x15reps
20lb DB's x 15 reps
20lb DB's x 20 reps

Note to self: Measure box next time and see how good (Or bad) my estimate was.

OUTCOME= OUCH!!!

GoodyGirl
10-31-2009, 06:00 AM
TRAINING: CHEST/TRI's
SAT 31st OCTOBER 2009

All benching in smith.... no proper racks in my gym
BENCH PRESS
5 sets
20kg (88lb) x 10 reps
30kg (132lb) x10 reps
40kg (176lb) x 10 reps
45kg (198lb) x 8 reps
50kg (110lb) x 5 reps
(fatigue at 4th rep, racked bar, waited 10sec, then finished 5th rep)
Thrilled! I've been waiting to hit 50kg (110lb) for a while. Today was one of those days. Everything went just right! Yay, I hit 110lb!!

INCLINE DUMBELL BENCH PRESS
5 sets
20lb DB's x10 reps
30lb DB's x10 reps
35lb DB's x10 reps
40lb DB's x6 reps (someone walked past and said "Don't drop it" as I was about to go for 7th rep. Broke all concentration. Why do people do that?! ARGH, I hate that! :shoot:)
35lb DB's x10 reps (this set felt great, even easier than other sets with 35lb DB's!)

CABLE CROSSOVERS
5 sets
25lb x10 reps
30lb x10 reps
35lb x10 reps
35lb x10 reps
35lb x10 reps

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS
5 sets
30lb x10 reps
32.5lb x 10 reps (horribly difficult but completed..... just)
30lb x10 reps
30lb x10 reps
30lb x8 reps, then had to drop weight to 22.5lb for last 2 reps

CLOSE GRIP PUSH-UPS to isolate tricep
(Hands on bench with fingers pointed inwards and facing. No knees on ground, no girly push-ups here!)
5 sets x 10 reps

TRICEP KICK-BACKS
5 sets of 10 reps with 10lb Dumbell

DIPS
to test myself.
First attempt: 3
Second attempt: 4
Want to work on dips for sure! Next time I do triceps I will attempt dips first before I am fatigued. They were nasty!

EXTRA EXERCISE
Abdominal Plank Holds
(Feet on bench, elbows on a lower aerobic step-up block)
Held, also alternated 1 leg at a time in air and holding for 5 seconds.
Also alternated knees marching.
2 sets x 1 minute each.

My legs are completely SMASHED from yesterday's workout. I think adding the box jumps as extra torture was responsible. My traps are also extremely sore even though it's been almost a week since I worked them. Maybe it was from the Step-ups and holding the dumbells. I probably inadvertently shrugged them at the same time. May be from that and the weighted box jumps too? Oh, and my chest is gonna be extra sore tomorrow. I can feel the pain already! Lucky tomorrow is a rest day!

Lones Green
10-31-2009, 07:18 AM
I think we may have someone here who does more volume than me!

lil' power
10-31-2009, 08:06 AM
:clap: Clap for GoodyGirl please :)

:clap::clap: Welcome, great to see more girls in here..:clap::clap:

skinny99
10-31-2009, 08:27 AM
(someone walked past and said "Don't drop it" as I was about to go for 7th rep. Broke all concentration. Why do people do that?! ARGH, I hate that! )

That has never happened to me and I hope it doesn't! I prob would throw the dumbell at them! Not joking.

GoodyGirl
10-31-2009, 09:38 AM

Volume reigns supreme! Oh yeah! Oh the pain, the pain! :cry:

:clap::clap: Welcome, great to see more girls in here..:clap::clap:

Thanks. All we need now is another million girls to get off their backsides and start training.

That has never happened to me and I hope it doesn't! I prob would throw the dumbell at them! Not joking.

It's the second time now it's happened to me. Other time doing Seated Dumbell Shoulder Presses, someone spoke to me late in a difficult set and then it was all over. Very frustrating. They deserve a good kick up the backside! I never speak to anyone if they are performing their set.

J.C.
10-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Wow. That's an interesting back story. What caused the various injuries if you don't mind me asking? The brain aneurysm sounds really really scary.

Congrats for pushing on anyway - you're like the bionic woman now with plastic and titanium holding you together!

Its good to hear your point of view on women lifting weights. There were a few girls who lifted proper free weights (squats, deads, bench, oly) in my last gym and they had total respect from all the other guys in there. I understand it must have been very intimidating. Girls often have to work harder on technique because of the obvious strength limitations on females, and I think there is something more impressive about watching a lean, mean, non-bulky girl do perfect full squats with a reasonable weight than seeing a massive dude repping out a massive weight with terrible form.

If you're interested in getting abs you should search for a member called "Built." She used to be a very active poster here a few years ago and even did a Q+A column for the main site for a while but then disappeared. I think she fell out with somebody or something. She went from over-weight to ridiculously lean through careful dieting and weight-lifting. She has a blog here http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/ You should check it out along with her old posts for some inspiration.

Clifford Gillmore
10-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Excellent sessions! I feel my lactic acid building up just reading them :O

Where abouts in Aus are you?

Chris Rodgers
10-31-2009, 01:12 PM

Haha, that's what I was gonna say!

Great work in here!! Great attitude and great work ethic!

GoodyGirl
10-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow. That's an interesting back story. What caused the various injuries if you don't mind me asking? The brain aneurysm sounds really really scary.

To cut a long story short, years of repetitive bending, twisting, lifting and reaching under load in a retail setting gradually weakened the discs until they eventually ruptured. Back pain began 3 years before the discs ruptured. As for the aneurysm rupture, yes, very frightening. I will never forget the feeling of wanting to die to escape the pain and that's no exaggeration. It was horrendous. 50% of people that suffer one die immediately, of the 50% left, another 25% die on operating table, then the last 25% may or may not have ongoing loss of brain function. I was the lucky one! :) I will also search for "Built", thanks for the tip.

Excellent sessions! I feel my lactic acid building up just reading them :O

Where abouts in Aus are you?

After those sessions, this is the most amount of DOMS I've had in a long time! I'm in N.S.W. ----> State of the Mighty Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs!

Great work in here!! Great attitude and great work ethic!

Thanks very much. I'm already highly impressed with all the encouragement.

GoodyGirl
11-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Yesterday was the first day I have actually taken the time to calculate calories and the breakdown of protein, carbs and fat. Purely out of curiosity really. I'm not yet really obsessive about intake. I am certainly being very disciplined with my food intake though and whilst I am still seeing improvements, I will probably not calculate it regularly at this stage. It's too time consuming as well with a young family. I generally eat the same foods day to day, so it's likely it will be about the same on a daily basis anyway, give or take a protein shake or protein bar etc.

Yesterday I consumed 1660 calories (on chest/tri's day)
210.0 Proteinn (about 1.3g/lb BW) is this too much???
130.0 Carbs
25.7 Fat

Today was a rest day. I went on a picnic and resisted all temptation again. Going out with family and friends changed nothing about the way I ate, so I was proud of myself for not hooking in to M&M's, crisps and other treats. Kicked a soccer ball around on the beach and ran a little in the sand. I felt happy being in the sun and on the beach. I must do it again! Hell, I'm close enough. I should take advantage of it more often.

Had some photos taken today for reference for the start of my journal. I will try and figure out how to add them. I'm a little uneasy about showing full body shots but I know by doing so, it will give me more motivation to improve it and show everyone I CAN DO IT!! I will get stronger, more muscular and leaner! And show that bimbo in the gym that told me I needed to stop weight training, that I will have abs one day! (She laughed at me when I told her that's what I wanted)

GoodyGirl
11-01-2009, 01:41 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=371
The difference between 2 months of weight training (left) vs 6 months (right)

GoodyGirl
11-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Here you go folks, fancy some titanium in your spine? This is what I live with every day.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=374

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=373

Above: Lumbars

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=102&pictureid=372

Above: Cervical Spine

GoodyGirl
11-01-2009, 03:18 AM
Some people have massive misconceptions about girls and weights.

After a phone call with my brother tonight, include him too :(
Anyway, I need some sleep, it's been a big day and I'm up early in the morning to get to the gym when it opens. HIIT tomorrow morning for 30-35mins, weights tomorrow night.

Clifford Gillmore
11-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Looking great Alli! Your quad seperation is crazy, nothing to be ashamed of in here.

mweav6387
11-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Def subbing to this journal, keep up the great work goodygirl I'll be watching :):clap:

Painzer
11-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Your lifts are outstanding. Keep up the good work, I'll be checking in!

GoodyGirl
11-01-2009, 05:35 PM
START OF RANT
I'm weight training! Whoop-dee-doo! So what? What's wrong with it? Nothing! I'm not doing anything illegal, immoral or fattening! Why is it some people have such huge misconceptions about women wanting to lift weights? And why do people feel like it's ok to have a dig at you when you work hard to make good gains? I fail to understand it. Why do I feel like I always have to justify myself? Men lifting weights don't feel like this! Do they? They generally only get positive feedback, women on the other hand have to deal with idiots who are not well educated or have silly ideas about women and weights and muscle growth. Weight training is not changing who I am. Why can't some people see that? I am enjoying it immensely! Some people (not ones on the forum, ones in real life) need to back off.
END OF RANT

Def subbing to this journal, keep up the great work goodygirl I'll be watching :):clap:

Thanks Mark, I've began keeping a close eye on your journal too :)

Looking great Alli! Your quad seperation is crazy, nothing to be ashamed of in here.

Thanks Cliff! I'm very happy with the results showing in my quads so far. I have also built up my hammy's a fair bit, this was a MUST given my dodgy back, to build some more muscle and strengthen the hammy's will help my back in the long run.

Your lifts are outstanding. Keep up the good work, I'll be checking in!

Thanks to you too Painzer. I just checked out your deadlift and squat video's. WOW! I'm impressed! Nice work :) Is that gym set-up at your home?

Tim K
11-01-2009, 07:02 PM
At times we also have to deal with misconceptions about why we lift. A lot of people do not understand why someone, male or female, would invest so much effort into lifting. I've heard more than one snide comment hurled my way before. One of my favorites was someone telling me I would die before I'm 40 from steroid abuse. Funny thing is I've never used steroids and I'm already over 40. :D Ignorance is a common condition these days. Don't fret the small stuff - keep focused on your own goals and let people believe what they will. They tend to do that anyway.

GoodyGirl
11-02-2009, 03:33 AM
Ignorance is a common condition these days. Don't fret the small stuff - keep focused on your own goals and let people believe what they will. They tend to do that anyway.

Ignorance is very common, you're right. And I'll try to not worry so much, but after you keep hearing it over and over, at some stage (like now) one more person insulting you sends you over the edge! ........ :windup: and causes you to rant!

Thanks for taking the time to write :)

GoodyGirl
11-02-2009, 03:46 AM
My new scales arrived today! Hubby collected them at the front door. He then asked "How much did these set you back?" and I said "Ummmmm, well ......." <silence> hahaha. They were not cheap but his cricket fees cost more! lol Would he complain if I spent that much money on lingerie? Ha! Nah, he didn't really complain, he will get just as much use out of those scales as me. I know I don't really need scales to reinforce how I'm going. I can see changes in the mirror and with my clothes but I like to see numbers and like to chart progress, so the scales will be a great addition. Anyway, these are what the lovely new scales told me today about my current physical condition.

Weight 73.1kg (160.8lb)
BF 15.8% (classed me as underfat, healthy range 22% up to about 32% i think for women)
Water 57.3%
Muscle Mass 59.3kg (130.46lb)
Physical Condition 9 (Very Muscular- athlete)
BMR 1799kcal (428cal)
kJ 7526 (1791.9 cal) guessing this means the amount of calories I need a day?
Metabolic Age 12 (ranges from 12 up, what does this mean having such a low met age? that i have a fast metabolism?)
Bone Mass 3.1kg (6.82lb) average is 2.4kg so I have strong bones ;)
Viseral Fat 1 (The best result! it ranges from 1-59)

GoodyGirl
11-02-2009, 04:09 AM
2nd NOV 2009

Morning Cardio Session: 20 min on Elliptical, Hill Setting, Level 8, total about 250cal burnt (forgot exact number) and 12 1/2 minutes on bike, 10 minutes of this was Interval training; 10 sec work @ 110 RPM (setting 15), then 20 sec rest @ 80 RPM (setting 10). Calories burned 130. TOTAL CALORIES 380

Then came home and had brekky and went about my day. I actually worked out calorie intake again today because I had time to. I will write down my food intake for a general idea. I don't anticipate doing this very often.

Brekky: 30g oats with 1/2 cup skim milk + 3 scoops protein powder in 250ml skim milk
Morning Tea: 1 tin choc low fat creamed rice + 1/4 protein bar
Lunch: Piece of toast with Japanese style Tuna + Low fat Cottage cheese and raspberries
Afternoon Tea: 3 scoops protein powder in 250ml skim milk + 1 banana
Post Workout Snack: 1 tin vanilla low fat creamed rice + 1/4 protein bar
Dinner: 5.3 oz lean beef steak + steamed vegies (cauliflower, broccoli, sweet-corn on cob)

Total calories =1683.5
P 217.60g
C 148.9g
F 26.65g

WEIGHT SESSION IN EVENING
BACK / BICEPS
3 Exercises for Back

Cable Lat Pulldowns
5 sets
70 x 10 reps
80 x 10 reps
90 x 10 reps
100 x 10 reps
100 x 10 reps

T-Bar Rows
5 sets
20kg (44lb) x 10 reps
25kg (55lb) x 10 reps
30kg (66lb) x 10 reps
32.5kg (71.5lb) x 10 reps
30kg (66lb) x 10 reps

Seated Rows
5 sets
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
4 plates (+2.5 circle) x 10
4 plates x 10
4 plates x 10

3 Exercises for Biceps

Dumbell Curls + Hammer Curls at completion of curls
15lb Dumbells for all 5 sets
10 reps Curls + 10 reps Hammer Curls per set.
Pump Pump PUMP

21's
5 sets at 15kg (33lb) barbell
Oh lord, the pain!!!!

Concentration Curls
5 sets of 10 reps with 15lb Dumbell

255 Curls!!! Do you think I'll be able to wash my hair tomorrow? *chuckle*

GoodyGirl
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm up early. I really didn't want to get up this morning but I know I have a sleep in tomorrow. Off to the gym for my cardio. Biceps feel pretty damn good after last night. Maybe I didn't do enough? hahaha. No, I did plenty! Actually, more than enough! But it felt great. For the first time since the brain haemorrhage, I am the lightest I've been. 72.6kg :clap: I can see the fat slowly coming off my lower belly. And I'm damned happy about that! Will check in after next workout. Gotta go.

Sidior
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Titanium eh, I like it. Nice work in here and gl with the new journal.

Clifford Gillmore
11-02-2009, 12:49 PM
The scales sound pretty good if they give you all of that info, thats crazy.

Big back session there, thats crazy.

GoodyGirl
11-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Titanium eh, I like it. Nice work in here and gl with the new journal.

Yeah, pretty cool I reckon! Both operations made me the youngest in the country to have double level disc replacements. Does that make me special? lol. Haven't set off any metal detectors though at airports even though my neurosurgeon thought I might. That was disappointing. It would have been fun to get frisked hahaha. Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

The scales sound pretty good if they give you all of that info, thats crazy.

Big back session there, thats crazy.

The scales are awesome! I bought them under RRP on eBay. It's called the Tanita Ironman InnerScan Body Composition Monitor. Beats my digital scales which only give a weight read-out. Think I'm going to try assisted chin-ups next back workout on the machine instead of the lat pulldowns.

Meant to say I'm having fish oil tabs and magnesium/calcium tabs as well as Apple Cider Vinegar 3 x day. I read a lot of people are taking glucosamine etc. Went on the magnesium to eliminate cramps. Are there any other vitamins that would be beneficial for me?

GoodyGirl
11-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Tuesday 3rd November, 2009

Morning: Cardio.
20 minutes @ intervals on cardio machine, not really sure what it's called. Some people refer to it as the praying mantis. Will have to find out. Calories 350. Then Stair runs in the grandstand near the track x 6 times. Guessing about 60 odd calories? Good session, started to get quite warm, sweating like a piggy.

Night: Weights
SHOULDERS
Seated Dumbell Shoulder Presses
20lb DB's x 10 reps
25lb DB's x 10 reps
30lb DB's x 10 reps
35lb DB's x 8 reps (needed a spot for last rep)
35lb DB's x 8 reps (spot for last rep and a half)

Performed the following exercises slowly and deliberately
Front Raises 5 sets of 10 reps x 11.3kg plate
Lateral Raises 5 sets of 10 reps (and holds) x 10lb DB's
Rear Delts 5 sets of 10 reps x small DB's (about 5lb I think)

Upright Rows
5 sets x 10 reps at 20kg (44lb) Barbell
Rest period 20 seconds

Have decided to split my Shoulder/Leg days up as it was taking up too much time and I was too tired. As the session was now shorter I didn't feel like I'd done enough, so went to the local mountain and did 3 running steep stair climbs (125 stairs each climb). Heart rate was maxing out I'm sure and my knees were trembling afterwards!!!!

A good day despite the horrid heat.

GoodyGirl
11-03-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=385

My friend, the Turkish Delight is feeling rejected. He has gone unnoticed and unloved for weeks now.
There he remains in one piece, in the chilly climate of the refrigerator ............ waiting .......... waiting
GoodyGirl is strong and will not weaken to his temptation!!!!

mweav6387
11-03-2009, 07:44 AM
From your description it sounds likenthe elliptical(praying mantis)

great workout tho keep it up :clap:

GoodyGirl
11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
From your description it sounds likenthe elliptical(praying mantis)

great workout tho keep it up :clap:

I use the elliptical as well (some call it the orbital). This one is different. It still has handles, shaped differently than the elliptical (I don't use the handles anyway, better workout that way) but the foot plates don't go through an orbit. Your feet move forward and then up slightly if you have it set on incline, then you need to push down to get the foot plate back to starting position. At the same time, the foot plates don't follow the same path or are not as upright as a stepper machine. Really must take a photo or ask gym staff for it's correct name. Thanks for the support :) This forum is brilliant! I feel so much more motivated for joining it and beginning my journal.

GoodyGirl
11-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Day off today. REST! :clap:

lil' power
11-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I use the elliptical as well (some call it the orbital). This one is different. It still has handles, shaped differently than the elliptical (I don't use the handles anyway, better workout that way) but the foot plates don't go through an orbit. Your feet move forward and then up slightly if you have it set on incline, then you need to push down to get the foot plate back to starting position. At the same time, the foot plates don't follow the same path or are not as upright as a stepper machine. Really must take a photo or ask gym staff for it's correct name. Thanks for the support :) This forum is brilliant! I feel so much more motivated for joining it and beginning my journal.

could it be an Arc Trainer?

GoodyGirl
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I just googled Arc Trainer. BINGO!!!
Prize goes to Vikki! lol

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=386

GoodyGirl
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Thursday 5th November '09
Cardio this morning.
20 minutes Hill Incline on Arc Trainer (340cal)
10 minutes Hill on Stepper (127cal)
20 full reps + 30 small end of range 'squeezes' on GHR with 5kg (11lb plate)
Leg stretches.
Total at least 467cal burned before brekky.
Food intake has been very strict this last week or two. I'm feeling strong for resisting temptations!

GoodyGirl
11-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Making some bicep gains slowly with the change to more volume. A nicer looking 'bump' than there used to be. Gonna make 'em BIGGER!!! YEAH!!!!!!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=387

3rd November 2009

GoodyGirl
11-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Thursday 5th November 2009

Weights (2nd workout today)

Chest/Tri's

Flat Bench Press
20kg (44) x 12 reps (WU)
30kg (66) x 10 reps (WU)
40kg (88) x 10 reps
45kg (99) x 8 reps
50kg (110) x 5 reps (failure on 5th attempt, racked, paused then finished 5th)

Incline Dumbell Bench Press
25lb DBs x 10
30lb DBs x 10
35lb DBs x 10
40lb DBs x 7 (failure on 8th attempt)
35lb DBs x 10

Cable CrossOvers
25lb x 10
30lb x 10
35lb x 10
35lb x 10
35lb x 10

Dips (new addition to program)
Unassisted Dips
5 reps, 5 reps, 2 reps then 2 reps.
I was not getting my arms to 90degrees. It was difficult all the same but form was not good enough so switched to assisted dips for remainder.

Assisted Dips
6 reps with plate 7 assist
10 reps x plate 8 assist
10 reps x plate 8 resist
10 reps x plate 8 resist
(50 dips total and SMASHED)

Close grip pushups off bench with fingers pointing in
5 sets x 10 reps (much harder than earlier weeks thanks to fatigue from dips)

Tri Pushdowns
10 reps x 25
10 reps x 25
10 reps x 22.5
10 reps x 22.5
10 reps x 20
10 reps x 20
(much less weight on pushdowns but expected due to previous tricep exercises, usually in the past I have done pushdowns as my first main tri exercise. I do like dips better!!)

Additional Exercise
Plank Holds with Marching
Feet on Bench, elbows on lower aerobic step (decline)
20 reps x 5 sets plus holds 'til I couldn't take any more!

It's been a HUGE day and I am truly knackered and ready for sleep. I will need it. Tomorrow mornings cardio session will include a 5 minute all out effort on the rower. Purpose: Row as many metres as possible in 5 minutes. It's gonna be explosive and leave me wanting to puke. I hope I survive <shaking in my boots> :eek:

GoodyGirl
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Friday 6th November 2009 Morning Session

Cardio 30 minutes

Elliptical 10 minutes

Rower 5 minutes (1259m, 1:55min/500m, argh yuck, now I remember why I hate full on efforts on the rower... horrendous! Thankfully, no sick bag was required)

Elliptical 10 minutes

Grandstand Stair Run x 2

:hello: I'm still alive!

GoodyGirl
11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Made banana muffins with cinnamon sugar for my young ones....

Oh they smell so goooooooood.

Willpower? well, sorta, argh, well not really i guess....

But I only ate half instead of 3!

Just for quality assurance ;-)

I know this won't help the Lean Mean Machine to appear, working leggies at gym tonight, maybe I will need to do some extra squats

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=388

Clifford Gillmore
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=385

My friend, the Turkish Delight is feeling rejected. He has gone unnoticed and unloved for weeks now.
There he remains in one piece, in the chilly climate of the refrigerator ............ waiting .......... waiting
GoodyGirl is strong and will not weaken to his temptation!!!!

OH GAAAAWWWD, How the hell can you resist?!?!!!! Lol, I love those little guys

Your Front Bi shot looks sweet Alli! Peak well and truly above the shoulder, makes them look bigger :D

GoodyGirl
11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
OH GAAAAWWWD, How the hell can you resist?!?!!!! Lol, I love those little guys.

Your Front Bi shot looks sweet Alli! Peak well and truly above the shoulder, makes them look bigger :D

Mr. Turkish Delight is still chilling his little chocolate body off in the fridge. Still resisted all temptations (except for the half muffin just now.) C'mon, it was still warm and soft and fluffy and crunchy on top! I can be excused, can't I? lol

As for bicep, cool, thanks for that! Since switching to more volume, results have been great! I neglected them before I guess, a couple of sets here and there, now I do stacks of everything! Still want them bigger though! hehehe

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Shoulders are back and better than ever.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=389

Taken 6th November 2009

Clifford Gillmore
11-06-2009, 02:32 AM
LOL, that plate looks tiny!

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 03:26 AM
LOL, that plate looks tiny!

Huh? You lost me. Plate in photo was a 20kg plate. Normal sort of size I think. I did box squats with 25kg plate x 20 reps each set to a total of 200 reps at gym instead of doing normal squats. Oh it was good, yet very very bad! Will post workout later if I don't fall asleep. Huge week in gym, I could have curled up on a gym mat tonight and gone to sleep.

Clifford Gillmore
11-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Ahh, its your shoulders making the plate look small! 20 rep squats is insane, 70kg for 20 is even crazier. I havn't done that!

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Friday night 6th November 2009
End of a long week in the gym!

Weights
Legs

Box Squats
Low squat and wider stance using plate
10 x 10kg
20 x 20kg
then 8 more sets of 20 reps @ 25kg (55lb) plate
last set 10 x 25kg plate
TOTAL 200 REPS

Leg Extensions
5 sets of 10 reps @ 35kg (77lb) plus holds at end of each rep
TOTAL 50 REPS

Hammy Curls
5 sets of 10 reps @ 50lb, 50lb, 55lb, 55lb and 55lb
TOTAL 50 REPS

Seated Calve Raise
5 sets of 20 reps @ 44lb, 66lb, 88lb, 88lb and 88lb
TOTAL 100 REPS

Standing Calve Raise
5 sets of 10 reps @ 50kg
TOTAL 50 REPS

LEG REPS 450 ARGH MY LEGS WERE SCREAMING FOR MERCY

Cramps tomorrow?

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Ahh, its your shoulders making the plate look small! 20 rep squats is insane, 70kg for 20 is even crazier. I havn't done that!

Hahaha now that's what a girl likes to hear! lol. Thanks. Have really been hammering the shoulders. Come to think of it, I've been hammering EVERYTHING. Haven't done 70kg squats yet for 20 reps. Oh lord, that would hurt! I have done 50 reps in a row at 50kg on a few occasions and that was truly sickening. But somewhat addictive.

Clifford Gillmore
11-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Hahaha now that's what a girl likes to hear! lol. Thanks. Have really been hammering the shoulders. Come to think of it, I've been hammering EVERYTHING. Haven't done 70kg squats yet for 20 reps. Oh lord, that would hurt! I have done 50 reps in a row at 50kg on a few occasions and that was truly sickening. But somewhat addictive.

Ohhh, I gotcha. I though you had the 25 PER SIDE lol, still crazy :)

Thats a huge session, work ethic like that is to be proud of :)

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Ohhh, I gotcha. I though you had the 25 PER SIDE lol, still crazy :)

Thats a huge session, work ethic like that is to be proud of :)

Nah, have only used 25kg each side of bar when doing 50 reps in a row. Haven't tried for more, it already hurts way too much as it is! But maybe that will be my new challenge? Add more weight and do 50 reps in a row. Only used a 25kg plate in gym tonight, held it against my abs (belly) and then squatted to box.

Sadly no squat rack at gym to do them in the proper manner with bar on back. We have a rack at home, but I seriously don't know how my back will go with too heavy a weight in the rack as opposed to stupid old smith machine which I can control. Let's say I'm wary or re-injury.

Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated :)

Tim K
11-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Shoulders are looking good. Impressive work! I told my wife when I need cardio work, I just come here and read your workout sessions. I think it qualifies! :D Good stuff!

Off Road
11-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Great journal...don't let the haters get you down...just think of all the women that go to Curves and make absolutely no progress after years and years.

Donnajo
11-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum. I just noticed another girl in here.:clap: I work out with lil' power and lonesxedge on here.

Don't listen to what anyone says about being a girl and training....they are just jealous...:) Nice workouts in here!

I have to add that your shoulders look great too...that is my favorite body part .

lil' power
11-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Love your new avi !!!

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks Tim K, Off Road, Donnajo and lil' power! All of the messages of support on here has been great for me. I'm so glad I found this forum. All you guys rock!
ps- lil' power, this avi beats the old one easily!!!

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 04:34 PM
I told my wife when I need cardio work, I just come here and read your workout sessions. I think it qualifies! :D Good stuff!

In that case, Tim, here is a cardio workout for you! Pictures tell a thousand words.

"STAIRWAY TO HELL" RUN
Saturday morning 7th November 2009

Start of run. A wickedly steep incline!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=396

Let the pain begin!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=395

Let the pain continue!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=394

OMG, there's more steps!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=393

Close to the end of a set now and not feeling great.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=392

Burn baby Burn! 125 steps done. Now for the rest of the sets.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=391

Some welcome rest, downhill. Now back to the start to do it all again!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=390

8 sets completed. Pant pant, puff puff, shake shake, oh S*#!

skinny99
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
That running setup looks like the devil!!!

GoodyGirl
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh, it is! Especially when you do 2 steps at a time. Definitely only once a week or fortnight activity.

Clifford Gillmore
11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm not used to seeing that much greenery in Australia! LOL!

Tim K
11-06-2009, 06:39 PM
In that case, Tim, here is a cardio workout for you!
8 sets completed. Pant pant, puff puff, shake shake, oh S*#!

What can I say but, "Wow!" That is a lot of work! After looking at the photos, I think I'm done with cardio for the rest of November! :clap: Seriously, you are doing awesome work. Impressive stuff!

tomv
11-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Gday GG,

I'm a fellow Aussie just stopping in to have a read.

HOLY CRAP I WANT QUAD SEPERATION LIKE YOURS.

Anyway, good work :) haha.

GoodyGirl
11-07-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm not used to seeing that much greenery in Australia! LOL!

By the coast and a good rainfall lately. Generally always pretty green and lush on the mountain :-) Nice spot, despite the pain it inflicts. The lookout at the top sorta makes it worthwhile if you don't have your hands on your thighs and your head facing the ground.

After looking at the photos, I think I'm done with cardio for the rest of November! :clap: Seriously, you are doing awesome work. Impressive stuff!

LOL. I thought you might say that about avoiding cardio Tim! Thanks for your kind words. How's the rib? Does the wife know you snuck in a workout yet? Hope you're not in too much trouble *chuckle*

Gday GG,

I'm a fellow Aussie just stopping in to have a read.

HOLY CRAP I WANT QUAD SEPERATION LIKE YOURS.

Anyway, good work :) haha.

Thanks!! I actually saw your journal a few days ago and subscribed to follow your progress. Where abouts are you in Aus? The quads have certainly come along in the 6 months of training but I put half of it down to good genetics to start with.

tomv
11-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Thanks!! I actually saw your journal a few days ago and subscribed to follow your progress. Where abouts are you in Aus? The quads have certainly come along in the 6 months of training but I put half of it down to good genetics to start with.

I live out in the wild, wild Western Sydney haha.

Don't be so modest, you train your ass off. Reminds me of a favourite quote of mine:

"I find the harder I train, the better my genetics get."

GoodyGirl
11-07-2009, 08:55 AM
OMG! <Squeal> My legs are SO SORE! Especially my adductors and calves. Ouchhhhh. On the bright side, some good muscle growth coming! :nod:

Off Road
11-07-2009, 08:59 AM
My legs are SO SORE!
I'm not suprised...those stairs look brutal.

GoodyGirl
11-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm not suprised...those stairs look brutal.

Combo of yesterday's leg workout in gym plus this morning's stair run 2 steps at a time. Think next time I should organise better and not kill my legs two days in a row!

Nicky
11-07-2009, 09:33 AM
I did squats today to the point of aaaaaaaaallmost vomiting. Afterward i sit and drink my shake and visit WBB. i read your journal and feel like a wuss.

Painzer
11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice work in here! The volume is incredible. I'd fall down the stairs with that type of volume. Keep it up!

GoodyGirl
11-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I did squats today to the point of aaaaaaaaallmost vomiting. Afterward i sit and drink my shake and visit WBB. i read your journal and feel like a wuss.

Somewhere in the middle of my sets, I had a 'moment'. I felt a hot flush in my head and a lump appeared in my throat and I thought "OH NO!" but nothing came up, thank god. Oh , it was close though hehehe. So far, I don't think anyone on WBB is a wuss, so you're safe :) Thanks for reading my journal.

Nice work in here! The volume is incredible. I'd fall down the stairs with that type of volume. Keep it up!

I think soon I am going to need a lighter week. After the way I pushed myself through the week, I am truly knackered and need a Nanna nap this afternoon to help me recover. Thanks for stopping by again.

GoodyGirl
11-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Sunday 8th November REST- Took little fella to his school fair and I was a GoodyGirl.... I chose not to buy banana pancakes, lollies, cakes, ice-creams etc. Had an afternoon sleep & an early night. Really tired after last weeks 5 x cardio sessions and 4 x weights.

Monday 9th November
Morning- Cardio, 20 minutes stepper (247cal), 10 minutes (4 x grandstand runs) + leg stretching.

Night- Weights
Back/Biceps

Cable Lat Pulldowns 4 sets x 10 reps @ 60, 80, 90, 100lb and 1 set x 8 reps @ 100lb

T-Bar Chest Supported Rows 5 sets x 10 reps @ 20, 30, 32.5, 32.5 and 30kg

Seated Pulley Rows 5 sets x 10 reps @ 3, 4, 4.25, 4.25 and 4 plates

Dumbell Curls (10 reps each arm) + Hammer Curls (10 reps each arm)
@ 15lb DBs for 4 sets then 20lb DBs for last set (although still using 15lb DB for hammer curls)

EzyBar 21's 5 sets x 20lb + bar

Concentration Curls 5 sets of 10 reps x 15lb DB

Additional Exercise Eccentric Hold of chin up bar for as long as possible

Note: Twinge in thoracic spine, not enough to make me stop training but enough to notice. Will keep an eye on it.

Turkish Delight bit the big one :drooling: (didn't eat the whole one, shared 1/2 with hubby). Oh, so tasty, can't believe it lasted *THIS* long!!!!

GoodyGirl
11-11-2009, 03:22 AM
Tuesday 10th November 2009
Shoulders

Seated DB Shoulder Press
5 sets
10 x 20lb DB, 10 x 30lb DB, 10 x 35lb DB, 8 x 35lb DB, 7 x 35lb DB
(didn't have anyone to help spot, so stuck with 35's as opposed to having another crack at a set with 40's like last time)

Plate Front Raise
5 sets of 10 @ 25lb plate

Lateral Raises
5 sets of 10 @ 12lb DB's

Rear Delts
5 sets of 10 @ 5, 8, 5, 5, 5lb DBs
All of above exercises performed straight after each other, then short rest between further sets.

Upright Rows
10 sets of 10 reps @ 15kg, 20kg, then 25kg for further 8 sets
Short rest periods, pretty knackered at end

DB Shrugs
5 sets x 15 reps

Wednesday 11th November
Legs

Box Squats (holding plate at torso)
10 sets x 20 reps @ 10kg, 20kg, then 25kg plate for further 8 sets
200 SQUATS AGAIN!!

Standing Calve Raise
5 sets of 12 reps @ 4 plates WU then 6 plates for last 4 sets

Seated Calve Raise
5 sets of 15 reps @ 20kg, 30kg, 35, 35, 35 kg

Leg Extensions
5 sets of 10 reps plus holds @ 35, 40, 45, 45, 45

Leg Curls
5 sets of 10 reps @ 50, 50, 50, 55, 55

Notes: One of the boys asked me if I was going to compete. lol
I was flattered but I'm a long way from anything like that at this stage

tomv
11-11-2009, 03:30 AM
Gigi,

Out of curiousity, why don't you do Barbell squats? And what's with the MASSIVE volume, just find you respond better to it?

GoodyGirl
11-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Out of curiousity, why don't you do Barbell squats? And what's with the MASSIVE volume, just find you respond better to it?

Hey Tom, I have been doing barbell squats for months, 5 sets of 10 reps each time (well that's if a smith machine counts, my gym doesn't have a squat rack ----> sucks!). The last few times I have experienced some sacroiliac joint pain going heavy (100-110kg) and given my back condition, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give the really heavy squats a little bit of a break for a short while (maybe 2-3 weeks) and mix it up somewhat with some lighter weight and massive reps. Last week I tried 10 sets x 20 and my legs (esp. adductors) have never been so sore! I loved it! Let's call it a little bit of conditioning. Am curious to see if doing these will help or hinder my next lot of squats in smith machine. ps- I'm only training legs once a week. What do you think?

Tim K
11-11-2009, 06:20 AM
I really do not like the Smith Machine. It forces the bar to follow an unnatural path resulting in undue stress on your body. With your titanium enhanced spine, I would skip the Smith Machine and continue with what you are doing. You can keep your eye out for a gym with a power rack or squat rack too.

GoodyGirl
11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I really do not like the Smith Machine. It forces the bar to follow an unnatural path resulting in undue stress on your body. With your titanium enhanced spine, I would skip the Smith Machine and continue with what you are doing.

I agree Tim. I really don't like smith machines either. Never have. But forced with no other option, I guess that's all I have for now and hope the gym sees sense and buy one! Which I doubt will happen. It's a shoebox in there already and there are not enough serious trainers to probably warrant buying one. Sadly, I don't see any other way to squat heavy weights without one at the moment. I would also like to go a little heavier on those box squats but again, with no squat rack and no bigger plates, what can I do? Maybe a heavier dumbell? Might be awkward.... Any ideas anyone?

Off Road
11-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Buy a rack and squat at home?
Have you tried a Trap Bar?
Bottom position squats off saw horses?
Front squats off some stands?

I think all these are better than the BAD BACK / SMITH MACHINE combo :tuttut:

tomv
11-11-2009, 11:36 AM
What Tim says makes sense to me, I'm also not a fan of squatting in the smith machine (even if it means you don't squat right now). Given your back condition and my VERY limited knowledge of back conditions, I won't make comment on that haha aside from to say that pain is probably not a good thing.

GoodyGirl
11-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Buy a rack and squat at home?
Have you tried a Trap Bar?

Thanks Tom, Tim and Off Road. Never used a trap bar, they would be great though! Here is my plan of attack. You're all going to laugh at me now, just do so quietly please lol. I hope you have a good laugh actually. Life is all about laughing at yourself! Yes, I am officially deserving of doofus of the year award! Ok, there is already a squat rack at home, downstairs. I never go down there really, my hubby has some gym equipment down there. A squat rack is all he ever uses for nearly all exercises. As I never really venture down there, I have pretty much forgotten about it and not even thought of using it. Silly me!!! So I will continue doing my leg work as described above in the gym including the box squats ('cause they are goooood and will add in squats at home and see how my back copes with those. I will look fwd to them! I will most likely decrease the number of sets of box squats in that case on my Leg day in the gym as they have again ripped me to shreds OH YEAH. I feel like a 10 tonne truck has run over my legs and then reversed! Once my legs have recovered from last night's beating I will do some squats at home (probably on Sat or Sun) and will promise to report back to you boys. Thanks everyone :)

Thursday 12th November 2009
Cardio
10 minutes Arc Trainer Level 5 Hill Incline 175 calories
15 minutes upright bike Intervals (2 min WU, 10 mins intervals @10 sec work, 20sec rest and 3 min cool down) 170 calories

Additional Exercise one I didn't get to do the other night
5 sets of 10 reps on hypers @ 5kg then 10kg plates for last 4 sets

Leg Stretching

Off Road
11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
You're all going to laugh at me now, ... there is already a squat rack at home, downstairs.

:evillaugh: HaHa :evillaugh: HaHa :evillaugh: HaHa :evillaugh:
Okay...I feel better now...

GoodyGirl
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Haha should I dye my hair blonde now? That's a joke ok not meaning to offend any blondes lol

Tim K
11-12-2009, 08:11 AM
What else lurks in that basement you don't know about? Possibly a GHR? LMAO!

Time to get a box for box squats at home! :D

GoodyGirl
11-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Hahahaha no GHR, but 1 Squat rack accounted for and have a box that will pass as useful. No excuses for me now! Only other stuff lurking is a bench and a whole load of "RUBBISH" that is being kept by hubby for whatever reason. Reasons I do not understand. Junk, junk and more friggen junk. Maybe I will just push it down one end and make some girl space. Hope you didn't laugh too hard and hurt those ribs of yours Tim ;)

ps- I am human. Last night I enjoyed wedges, gourmet Tuscan pizza, red wine AND ice-cream. Oh, it was soooooo gooooood
:burger: :alcoholic:

And the best part, I don't feel guilty!
Current body fat yesterday before all this food = 14.4%

Tim K
11-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I will not mention what dinner was tonight... aside from being very good and very filling.

You don't need to clear out any girl space, just get a mean looking henna tattoo and take over the whole basement! :D

GoodyGirl
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Friday the 13th!!!!
Chest and Tri's

Bench Press
12 x 20kg
10 x 30kg
8 x 40kg
6 x 45kg
4 x 50kg (110lb), failure on 5th rep so racked, rested momentarily, then finished 5th
same as last week, 5th set couldn't get past 4th rep

Incline DB Bench
10 x 20lb DBs
10 x 30lb DBs
10 x 35lb DBs
7 x 40lb DBs (failure on 8th attempt)
10 x 35lb DBs

Cable Cross-Overs
5 sets of 10 reps @ 25, 30, 35, 35, 35

Assisted Dips
5 sets of 10 reps at assist 90, 80, 70, 60 and 70

Push Ups for Tri's fingers in
5 sets x 10 reps

Pushdowns
5 sets of 10 reps @ 2.5, 2.5, 2.25, 2.25 and 2.25

Plank Holds Feet on Wall
5 sets at 23.9 seconds, 20 sec, can't remember 3rd + 4th set but between 15 and 20 seconds. Last set I worked out the best position for my elbows on the mat and held for 1:00:07 minute!!! At the end, my whole body shook until I could hold it no longer and my feet promptly slid off the wall!

See below, photo taken today Fri 13th Nov 2009. Partial abs coming :)

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=397

GoodyGirl
11-13-2009, 04:03 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=398

13th November 2009

GoodyGirl
11-13-2009, 05:13 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=399

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=400

Tim K
11-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Looking absolutely ripped. Awesome progress!

GoodyGirl
11-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks Tim. Getting there, for sure. About a month ago, I bought some denim shorts at the shops. I was going to wear them out a couple of weeks ago but felt they were still a little too tight and made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Yesterday I put them on and they are so baggy around my butt and legs now! People have been telling me I am even slimmer still but I didn't think so until the shorts told the story. All the hard work in the gym and with disciplined food intake is getting results, so I am pretty pleased. I looked at my drivers license yesterday too which was taken last November and Oh my God, it is revolting. Pity I have to deal with that photo for another 4 years.

GoodyGirl
11-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Saturday 14th November 2009
Cardio

20 mins Bike (5 min WU, 10min intervals, 3 min recovery then 2 more min at increased RPM and level 15) 222calories

10 minutes Cross-Trainer 120calories

Plank Holds feet on wall
51 seconds, 40 seconds, 45 seconds (elbows kept slipping due to sweat)

5kg Medicine Ball Crunches x 20

Bicycle Kicks x 100

Side Crunches x 10 each side

Bathed in sweat and had enough. Off to sauna for more sweat (10minutes), shower, then home for brekky. Off to a mate's house tomorrow for lunch. Will allow myself some yummies, she is making desserts, my weakness. Will 'try' and control myself or might even try and squeeze in half an hour of cardio in the morning to justify myself lol

DieselWarrior
11-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Volume reigns supreme!
Im a big fan of volume training, the results are undeniable!
Andrew

lil' power
11-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Looking good GG, awesome on the abs!

Clifford Gillmore
11-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Good lord Alli, those abs are thick ass hell! I'M JEALOUS!! Shoulders look really full in the front quad shot too.

GoodyGirl
11-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Thanks everyone. Goal: Fully sic abs (hehehehe fully sick maaaaate) by the end of our summer. That gives me 3 and a bit months to shake the rest of the flubber off. Can I do it?

Oh get this..... the lady in the gym yonks ago that told me I needed to stop weight training saw me doing plank holds today off the wall and asked me to teach her how to do them!!! So she did them (and did well I might add). It's the hardest I have seen her work by the way! I thought about throwing her words back at her by saying "You need to stop" LOL ... but was pleased to see her actually doing SOMETHING different. That little encounter was oddly satisfying. Maybe she might change her attitude now?

GoodyGirl
11-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Bought an iPhone 2 days ago and spent much of last night downloading great workout songs. Went to the gym on a mission this morning with my new toy and blasted music on my way to 760 calories burned in an hour (all before brekky!). Felt hard but very satisfying! I definitely pushed harder, especially to Thunderstruck and Eye of the Tiger!

Sunday 15th November
Cardio

Cross Trainer 20 minutes 253 calories
Stepper 20 minutes Level 7-8 260 calories
Bike 20 minutes Mainly on Level 15 around about 80-95rpm 250 calories
Plank Holds off wall 2 x 1 minutes

Not such a disciplined weekend with food, but then today I have so far only had brekky and a big lunch with 3 wines. I will eat a light dinner before bed. Considering I worked my butt off in the gym this morning, I think I'll be just fine. Going to go get stuck into some water now, haven't drunk enough.

tomv
11-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Godamn Gigi, looking fantastic. Good work.

GoodyGirl
11-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Thanks Tom :)

Kinda long day today. A hot one here and feeling a bit blah. The joys of motherhood. Anyway, back to normal today eating today, plenty of protein, not much fat and not too many carbs, good ones anyway ie fruit, wheat bran etc and loads of water. Hit the gym tonight and made it count.

Monday 16th November
Back/Bi's and some Cardio

Assisted Chin Ups
5 sets of 10 reps @ 100, 90, 90, 90, 90 assistance

Bicep DB Curls + Hammer Curls immediately after Curls
5 sets of 10 reps each arm
15lb DB's for all Hammer Curls
15lb DB's for WU set of Curls, then 20lb DB's for last 4 sets
Watched bi's in mirror and quietly chuffed with their progress

Chest Supported T-Bar Rows
5 sets of 10 reps @ 20kg, 25kg, 30, 32.5 and 32.5kg

Preacher Curls
10 sets, reps all over the shop, sorta lost count but mixed it up a bit
1 set had 25 reps, another had 15 just 'cause I wanted to see how many I could do.
Starting weight on ezy-bar 20lb, then up to 25lb, then back down to 20lb after around 5 sets. Each set certainly went to failure, that's for sure!!

Seated Pulley Row
5 sets of 10 reps @ 3 plates, 4, 4, 4 and 4 plates

21's Bi's
2 sets at 15kg BB

Bike 20 minutes 243 calories

Erectors are pretty tight tonight, feeling a bit sore. Pretty standard, nothing to worry about. Popped some codeine and some ibuprofen. Going to go and put the TENS on my back and sit down for a while once the kids go to bed. Goodnight all :hello:

tomv
11-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Ah the fact that you do all this while managing a household makes me feel like a wimp haha. You're doing mobility / flexibility / recovery work right Gigi?

GoodyGirl
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Ah the fact that you do all this while managing a household makes me feel like a wimp haha. You're doing mobility / flexibility / recovery work right Gigi?

Getting to the gym is my outlet, my time away to be alone (maybe see a few gym buddies for a brief chat), get the frustrations out and then come home feeling better equipped to be a happy and more tolerant Mummy :)

I'm guilty of not doing enough flexibility work. I do it, but not as much as I should. I do quite a bit of stretching after my workout and utilise the chin up bar to hang from *click here, click there*. I also do specific stretches, esp. hammy's, piriformis, hip flexors etc as if these are tight, they are the root of all evil for an already damaged back. I thought about your baseball in your butt cheek Tom lol and have seen your baseball and raised you 2 cricket balls. OUCHIES! :evillaugh:

wimarine88
11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Keep up the good work in here!

GoodyGirl
11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Tuesday 17th November
Shoulders

Seated DB Shoulder Press
5 sets @ 25lb DB's x 10, 30lb x 10, 35lb x 8, 35lb x 7, 30lb x 10

Series of Front Plate Raises, Lateral Raises and Rear Delts
FR: 5 sets x 10reps, 22lb plate then 4 sets @25lb plate
LR: 5 sets x 10 reps, 10lb DB's, then 4 sets @12lb DB's
RD: 5 sets x 15 @5lb DB's with hold on last rep

Upright Rows
5 sets x 10 reps @15kg BB, then 4 sets @20kg BB

felt like doing some Shrugs
5 sets x 20 reps @35lb DB's *HULKING OUT ----> WHOA!!!!*

Seated Barbell Press (smith)
5 sets x 10 reps @20kg for 1st set then 25kg for 4 sets
Last 2 sets failed on 7th / 8th reps etc so just paused and continued 'til I got all 10 out.

Cardio Bike 11:30min (then got called to creche to change little one's stinky nappy ewwww), then went back for another 10:00minutes about 240calories

Cricket Balls in butt cheeks and either side along erectors still wound up from back work yesterday I think..... wow, these hurt but damn, they're wicked!! Note: return 1 cricket ball to husbands trophy. :tuttut: Shhhhh, don't tell on me

GoodyGirl
11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Keep up the good work in here!

Thanks for that :) Cheers

borracho
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
In...if for no other reason than to be able to call you out some time in the future :D

GoodyGirl
11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
In...if for no other reason than to be able to call you out some time in the future :D

*Giggle* Fair enough! hahahaha
So, you got caught :evillaugh:

GoodyGirl
11-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Proof the BF% is dropping
Ooooh yeah, an elusive bicep vein takes a peek around
Hard work and strict diet is paying off
Happy GoodyGirl

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=402

17th November '09

Clifford Gillmore
11-17-2009, 04:38 AM
Okay, Pec and shoulder veins are not something you see every-day. And you never see them on a girl, let alone a mother! You do some good work Alli.

Cricket Balls on the butt cheeks is a bit rough! Get yourself a foam roller :)

poshbird
11-17-2009, 10:29 AM
When you first started weight lifting did you start with the starting strength or did you just make your own workout up?

Painzer
11-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Stellar vascularity you've got there! The volume you do just blows my mind. You're an inspiration!

GoodyGirl
11-17-2009, 09:06 PM
As promised, I did my first ever squats today in about 10 years (other than those in the smith machine the gym has, which really don't count anyway). As most of you will know, it's taken me so long to do them again due to ongoing back probs and fear of re-injury. So, today is a very big day in the GoodyGirl journal. I am posting two vid's, one set of 5 @90lb +bar and one set of 5 @100lb +bar. They were taken on my iPhone, i hope the quality is ok. I think my form is not too bad for first time free weight squats in such a long time, but I am aware it certainly needs work. I welcome all constructive criticism please. We'll see how the titanium back pulls up.

UoEPbPalVTY

qpEufSJFADw

Off Road
11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Bravo...nice job.

GoodyGirl
11-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Okay, Pec and shoulder veins are not something you see every-day. And you never see them on a girl, let alone a mother! You do some good work Alli.

Cricket Balls on the butt cheeks is a bit rough! Get yourself a foam roller :)

Never say Never!! LOL. Cricket balls hurt sooooo goooood!!! Never used a foam roller. Will have to research what to do with one. Will be stoked when I see bicep vein at rest and not when I'm trying to impress the hubby and kids (and myself)
hahaha. Thanks Cliffy Boy.

When you first started weight lifting did you start with the starting strength or did you just make your own workout
up?

I've never followed any specific program. Always just made up my own routine and made sure to target all muscle groups. In fact I have never looked into the SS program. I should do it to expand my knowledge. How is the start to your program coming along? Thanks for stopping by.

Stellar vascularity you've got there! The volume you do just blows my mind. You're an inspiration!

Thanks Painzer :) I hope the volume does not blow my mind. 1 brain haemorrhage was enough! Thanks for your kind words :)

Off to gym tonight to do my normal leg workout. Could be a sweat box in there tonight. Oh, and I have learned that eating boiled egg whites, prunes and wheat bran in 1 day is not so smart. Good on the way in but polluting the atmosphere severely on the way out. argh

GoodyGirl
11-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks Off Road. I'm chuffed that I have done them! Only a few years ago, my back was so severe that I had to get my Husband to wipe my butt on the toilet. So, I thought I'd never see this day again. It's all positive now!

Off Road
11-17-2009, 09:33 PM
my back was so severe that I had to get my Husband to wipe my butt on the toilet!I can relate...my wife used to have to bring me a pot to piss in because I couldn't get out of bed. Good times :evillaugh:

mweav6387
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
awesome progress girly, glad to see you doing squats even with your titanium discs.

keep up the awesome work :clap:

tomv
11-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Gigi,

Squats look good Girl, glad to see you're giving them a shot :D. As far as critique goes, I would recommend trying for a bit more depth, as long as you can keep your back in a good position (neutral lumbar, tight thoracic).

GoodyGirl
11-18-2009, 03:49 AM
I can relate...my wife used to have to bring me a pot to piss in because I couldn't get out of bed. Good times :evillaugh:

Oh yes, the memories are not fond ones ..... but thankfully those really horrible ones are now distant memories (touch wood).

awesome progress girly, glad to see you doing squats even with your titanium discs.

keep up the awesome work :clap:

Thanks Mark. I know they need much more practice, I'm outta touch somewhat, but it's a start!! Cheers

As far as critique goes, I would recommend trying for a bit more depth, as long as you can keep your back in a good position (neutral lumbar, tight thoracic).

Thanks for that Tom. Appreciated! Yeah, hubby and I both thought the same thing. I felt at my limit at the lowest point in the squats at this early stage and not sure that I could have dropped much further without increasing the lordosis. I have no doubt I can get a little lower over time and with more practice. I will work on that.

I'm not sure if this is part fear or partly a mobility issue. I'm pretty mobile now (as opposed to how bad I'd have been if I was faced with a double fusion rather than the artificial disc option) but let's face it, the old back has spent years being abnormal, range of motion certainly still needs constant work.

Thanks all for checking out the vid's and taking the time to comment :)

GoodyGirl
11-18-2009, 04:12 AM
Wednesday 18th Nov 2009
Legs

Squats at home.
Played around with weights, didn't go too silly, just trying to work out how I'll go with them, or more importantly, how my back will react to them. Has been a long time since doing them in a proper rack after all and without the stability offered by the smith. Did a fair few sets. Got up to 5 reps @110lb, generally hung around 5 reps @90 and 100lb sets. Room to move. Back a bit niggly after the effort but nothing debilitating, so that's good.

Off to Gym:
Mammoth Series of Box Squats ( no plate this time, this time with BB on back). No racks at gym, just relied on someone to help get the weight off my back in the last 5 sets.
10 sets x 20 reps @ 15kg, 20kg, 25kg x 3 sets, then 30kg x last 5 sets
*shake shake shake*

Seated Calve Raise
5 sets x 15 reps @ 20kg, 25kg, 30kg, 35kg and 40kg (88lb)

Standing Calve Raise
5 sets x 10 reps @ 50kg, 60kg, 70kg x 2 sets and then 50kg for last set

Leg Curls
3 sets x 12 @50, 50 and 55

Leg Extensions
3 sets x 12 @35, 40 and 45kg
Each set had a lengthy hold at end. Last set I counted to 30 before I gave in to the pain and lowered the weight.

Bike 10 minutes 120calories

Plank Holds People in the gym are asking about them and trying them. Today, one of the boys wanted a go, so he managed 30 seconds. Of course I wanted to beat him! I couldn't get past my 1 minute mark though again before I slid off the wall in a screaming heap.

Legs/Glutes Stretching + naughty naughty horrible cricket balls in my butt and erectors.

A very productive day and one to surely bring a nasty amount of DOMS. A bit sore. Popped a couple of tabs....

GoodyGirl
11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Ooooooh sore sore sore leggies :thumbup:

GoodyGirl
11-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Thursday 19th November 2009 ---> Much needed REST day

Friday 20th November 2009
Chest/Tri's

Bench Press
12 x 20kg (44lb)
10 x 30kg (66lb)
5 x 40kg (88lb)
5 x 45kg (99lb)
5 x 50kg (110lb) PB
2 x 55kg (121lb) PB
Have failed on 5th rep at 50kg for last few weeks. Decided my number of reps in previous sets in the last few weeks were probably exhausting me, hence I was not able to be successful in the 5th rep at 50kg. So this week, I adjusted reps. Kept the 2 warm up sets the same, then lowered the work sets leading up to 50kg. Worked a treat! Felt good finally nailing that 5th rep, so I had a crack at 55kg and managed 2 full reps. Failed on 3rd attempt.

DB Incline Bench
5 sets. 10 x 25lb, 10x35lb, 8x40lb (PB), 8 x 40lb and 10 x 35lb DB's
First time getting 8 full reps out at 40's, every other week have failed on 8th rep.

Cable Crossovers
5 sets x 10 reps @ 30, 35, 35, 35 and 25.

Push-Ups fingers in, off bench
5 sets x 10 BW

Assisted Dips
5 sets x 10 reps @ 9, 7, 8, 8 and 7 assist

Pushdowns
5 sets x 10 reps

Glute/Back Raises off Floor
20 reps and holds with 10kg plate on legs

Plank Holds
1 min, another at 45 sec

Bike 15 minutes about 180 calories

Didn't do any stretching. Childminding was closing and had to rush to grab little one so they wouldn't get cranky with me. One of the blokes saw me doing 10x20 rep box squats with up to 30kg the last few weeks and decided he was going to try today as well. Hahaha the pain on his face was priceless, but he loved it!!! Good to see some others pushing themselves!

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 01:36 AM
Decided not to train today. Firstly, too hot. Secondly, legs are still sore from massive leg routine Wednesday. Took kiddies to local pool instead and did some water therapy. Nice choice! Not quite summer yet, but damn hot. Those in Sydney will confirm. In fact, other states are worse than us so I should be thankful. Tomorrow is supposed to get above 35 degrees C. No bikini yet to pool, when abs are in tip top shape I will! Not just yet. Feel like I'm losing fat still, so will keep plodding along. Actually in the best shape of my life at 32, so damn happy about that! 7 months of hard work and dedication are paying dividends.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=407

21/11/09

lil' power
11-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey GG, just got a chance to watch your squat vids, pretty good form for having done only smith rack squats. Good to see the free weight squats. I agree with sitting back a little more and little more depth if the back holds up.

I can't believe you have much for BF to lose..you're looking awesome!

poshbird
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Dont mean to be rude like but I havent seen anything about what your eating.

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey GG, just got a chance to watch your squat vids, pretty good form for having done only smith rack squats. Good to see the free weight squats. I agree with sitting back a little more and little more depth if the back holds up.

I can't believe you have much for BF to lose..you're looking awesome!

Thanks Vikki. I'm going to try some Goblet Squats for warm ups and really get low and loosened up. I might also try setting up a lower box in the power rack so I can get below parallel (as I think in the vid's, I'm just slightly above parallel). Maybe it might help me if I know I have something to sit back on. Someone also suggested doing some Duck unders and step overs. Can't see why these wouldn't help, so will try them too, just a couple of sets. I will video the next lot of squats and see if there's any improvement. As for the BF, I'm pretty damn happy, just getting the lower ab fat to budge after 2 kiddies is going to be the hardest part now. The vertical 17cm scar from lower back op is still adhered a little and makes the abdomen appear slightly uneven. Once to BF drops to reveal 'all' abs, I'm a very happy camper!!!! Woohoo. I WILL have abs for the first time in my life, it's all a matter of time and patience. Like the positive self talk? lol Maybe all the body fat will drop off today in this ridiculous heat. Supposed to hit over 35 degrees C here. Dunno what that is in F? about 95+ ?? It's not even summer yet! Thanks again Vikki. Always nice to hear from you. Take care.

Dont mean to be rude like but I havent seen anything about what your eating.

Hey poshbird, no problem, you're not being rude. I will pull my finger out and post a normal day's eating plan and the eating plan I had when I first began 7 months ago. The plan I had then and the plan I have now are a little different, so I will outline those for you. The eating plan I initially used was the Zone Diet. You might be able to look it up. 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. Theory was that it would keep my hormonal response steady and avoid insulin spikes in the bloodstream and hence the storage of fat. I lost quite a deal of fat (13kg) using this method. My goals are different now, I want to build muscle, so I've changed my eating plan. Chat again real soon and I will outline them for you. I hope that it will help you. How is your training and eating going now? Maybe you could private message me your food intake and training program or update your journal with this info, then I can see it. Thanks for stopping by again.

tomv
11-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Gigi you could rock a bikini now for sure, your body is in tip top shape and will only get better with all the effort you put in haha.

Unholy
11-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Subbed!

A little late to the party but I'm here =)

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Gigi you could rock a bikini now for sure, your body is in tip top shape and will only get better with all the effort you put in haha.

Hahaha thanks for the vote of confidence Tom. Arms and legs in good enough shape, mid-section still needs work. When I have those amazing ripped abs ---> will definitely be going out to buy one and put them on display, big whopping scar and all! Make sure you let us all know how your comp went today. Hope they have air-con set up in there. 40+ in Sydney YOWWWW that's scorchin'

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Subbed!

A little late to the party but I'm here =)

Whoa, the boy has arrived! I'm in the presence of greatness! It's the HOLY one! Thanks for subbing. I plan on picking your brain on [U]A LOT of things!!! Cheers

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Sunday 22nd November (Dead Kennedy Day)

Assisted chins
5 sets x 10 reps
Plate 10, 10, 9, 9, 10

Prone BB Row Set up bench on two boxes
10 x 44 lb
10 x 64 lb
10 x 88 lb
8 x 88 lb
6 x 98 lb
6 x 88 lb

T-Bar Chest Supported Row
10 x 20 kg
10 x 30 kg
8 x 35 kg (from memory, this set & following sets are heaviest I've gone)
5 x 37.5 kg
5 x 40 kg

Alternating Single Arm Dumbell Curls & Hammer Curls following end of DB curls
10 reps each arm x 15 lb
10 x 20 lb DBs
10 x 25lb and Hammers 10 x 15 lb (felt slight strain of outer pec...felt better after stretching)
10 x 25lb plus hammers 10 x 20 lb
10 x 20lb plus Hammers (5 each side x 20 lb <failure>) then (5 each side at 15 lb)

Preacher Curls
10 x 20 lb
6 x 30 lb set too hard
12 x 20 lb
10 x 20 lb 11th rep failed
11 x 20lb fail on 12th

21s Biceps
15kg BB x 5 sets

Hypers for lower back
10 reps @5kg then 4 sets x 10 reps @10 kg plate

Side bends reps below are for each side
20 x 12 lb DB
20 x 22 lb plate
15 x 45 lb DB

Plank hold decline
3 1/2 mins
I planned on doing 2 minutes. Got to 2 and decided to do 3 mins. Got to 3 and decided to tough it out for another 30 sec. Couldn't mentally push myself any further but if my life depended on it, I could have hung in longer and then crumbled. A world of pain and my shoulders were smashed too!!! A great workout for a Sunday morning! Quite pleased.

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 07:09 PM
For Poshbird
My Current Food Intake

Firstly, the things I avoid are:
Potatoes, Bread (I only have 1 slice a day), Rice, Pasta, Cakes, Biscuits, Lollies, Chocolate, Cheeses, Alcohol etc (damn! all the good things)
I'm not saying I don't have these things. I just don't have them too often or if I do, I only eat small servings.

General Daily Intake:
Brekky:
Oats & a small amount of sultanas with skim milk (microwaved to porridge) with cinnamon and some fake sugar to sweeten. Now that our weather is getting quite hot I have been having Wheat Bran instead w/skim milk served with peaches or sliced banana. I drink a Protein shake (about 50g protein) with skim milk. Occasionally Ill also have a few nuts (cashews or macadmias)

Morning Tea:
Half a protein bar (22.5g protein) and a small tin of creamed rice (95g tin)

Lunch:
1 slice of toast w/some avocado or low-fat ricotta, topped with cold lean meat. I like turkey, low fat ham or chicken breast supreme 98% fat-free. It's nice with some mustard too. I also eat 100-200g low fat cottage cheese with about 100g thawed raspberries. YUM

Afternoon Tea:
Protein Shake and fruit, maybe some nuts as well. This is sometimes before my weight session.

Dinner:
Salad and Tuna, or fish, or chicken, or boiled eggs (not too many yolks) or other lean meat source. Or steamed vegies and protein source. Might have another serve of cottage cheese and raspberries for dessert.

Others:
Post-workout snack: 1/2 protein bar + creamed rice.
If I'm picky: Low cal jelly and low-fat yoghurt, fruit, strawberries, blueberries etc.
If I've had a huge day: maybe a small shake before bed.

The other week I worked out my daily calorie intake was a little under 1700 calories. Protein was 217g, Carbs were 150 and Fat was 26.65g.

Not much changes day to day, I guess you could possibly add 200-300 calories for a big day, so all in all I don't think I would exceed 2000 calories in any given day if I'm on my best behaviour. I still have 1 night off a week for takeaway and red wine and this hasn't done me any harm so far.

I also use Fish Oil Tablets, Magnesium tabs and Apple Cider Vinegar.

The above outline is not what I began eating. It's what I'm eating now. My new goal is to increase muscle mass, now that I've lost a good deal of fat, I'm focused more of getting in adequate protein. Workouts are also more intense now, so the need for protein is important for me. I would look up the Zone Diet on the web or buy Barry Sears' book if your primary goal at the moment is fat loss. It was a brilliant food plan 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30%fat or you could work those numbers out for yourself if you know the nutrition info of the foods you are eating. It takes a while to get used to getting calculations right but after a while, you will know what you can have without time consuming measurements.

Hope this helps.

Off Road
11-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I like the Dead Kennedys :)
I'm a fan of punk rock...but not punk rockers :evillaugh:

GoodyGirl
11-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I like the Dead Kennedys :)
I'm a fan of punk rock...but not punk rockers :evillaugh:

This will sound lame, but I had to google Dead Kennedys..... had never heard of them! I was referring to today as the day J.F.K was assasinated. Now i'm off to sample some Dead Kennedys music (so I can say I know who they are!)

GoodyGirl
11-23-2009, 04:01 AM
Monday 23rd November 2009
Shoulders

BB Shoulder Press
12 x 10kg (WU)
10 x 20kg (WU)
10 x 25kg
8 x 30kg
10 x 30kg (66lb)
Got more reps out on the last set, got held up chatting btw 4th & 5th set, so longer rest than normal. Was discussing the importance of leg work with one of the boys, who avoids leg work!!!

Wicked Shoulder Series:
Lateral Raises followed immediately by Standing DB Shoulder Press
5 sets
10 reps for both exercises each set x 12lb DB's (amazing how heavy 12lb DB's can feel in presses straight after doing lateral raises)
Note: Felt stronger doing this weight on lateral Raises this week. Didn't need any cheat reps.

Front Plate Raises
22lb plate x 10 x 1 set
25lb plate x 10 x 4 sets

Rear Delts
5lb DBs x 15 reps x 5 sets

Upright Rows
20 kg BB
5 sets x 10 reps (with 30 sec rest)

Shrugs
25lb DB's x 15 x 1 set
35lb DB's x 15 x 2 sets

Bike Intervals
20 minutes - 248cal

Dinner tonight was delish! Picked up some smoked salmon at the shops.... marked down from $12 to $4!!! Got 3 packs woohoo! Had with salad. Yummo

On another note, I now consistently weigh between 74-75kg (163-165lb) so I think I have gained some mass. The lightest I got to a few weeks ago was was 72.6kg (160lb). Would have to check the exact date though.

Next workout: LEGS.
Aim: Practice my squats in the power rack at home! Try and get lower :)

Night all. I need sleep and hopefully no silly tradesmen waking me up too early tomorrow morning next door with their stupid #$@!ng hammer

Unholy
11-23-2009, 08:41 AM
You have a power rack at home????

Jealous!!!!!

GoodyGirl
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
You have a power rack at home????

Jealous!!!!!

Yep, it's downstairs in hubby's 'dump'. It also has a chin up bar attached. Not that I'm strong enough to do many chinups at this stage. I get more done by going to the gym though (but my gym has no rack, only smith machines). Getting away from the house and the kids is more productive to my sessions. No one can call out "Mummmmmmmmy!". There is more equipment at the gym for what I need. We have a few olympic plates at home, an olympic bar, a bench, another bar and a few more smaller plates, but that's about it. It will certainly serve my purpose now that I am going to work on my squat once a week and hope the dodgy back holds up.

Off Road
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
My kids and wife have strict orders not to come into the garage until my workout is over...unless theirs blood involved, don't bother me :tuttut:

GoodyGirl
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
My kids and wife have strict orders not to come into the garage until my workout is over...unless theirs blood involved, don't bother me :tuttut:

Hahaha I like that! Don't come knockin' if the gym is rockin' huh?

Problem with me is, I still hear the kids, I hear the crying, screaming, fighting etc and then can't concentrate, relax or enjoy my workout. Maybe the music is not loud enough? Thought to ponder.....

GoodyGirl
11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok, I've had another crack at squats at home. As you are all aware, last week was my first attempt at proper squats in many years. I added a box this week. The box I used was all I could find that was a bit lower than the big heavy blocks that were downstairs already. I think that there is an improvement in depth already, albeit just a little bit lower than last week. I didn't go silly on reps or weight. The 90lb I had on the bar might be laughable to some but was heavy enough at this early stage whilst I work on technique. Next week I will try and find a box slightly lower. See what you all think anyway about this week's effort. Off to gym this afternoon to finish leg workout, some 10x20's lighter box squats maybe, leg extensions, curls, calves etc.

EDIT: Tried to embed the video but somehow it wouldn't work, so here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-agFGyFr7ro

Off Road
11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Those are much deeper :thumbup:

Clifford Gillmore
11-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Ok, I've had another crack at squats at home. As you are all aware, last week was my first attempt at proper squats in many years. I added a box this week. The box I used was all I could find that was a bit lower than the big heavy blocks that were downstairs already. I think that there is an improvement in depth already, albeit just a little bit lower than last week. I didn't go silly on reps or weight. The 90lb I had on the bar might be laughable to some but was heavy enough at this early stage whilst I work on technique. Next week I will try and find a box slightly lower. See what you all think anyway about this week's effort. Off to gym this afternoon to finish leg workout, some 10x20's lighter box squats maybe, leg extensions, curls, calves etc.

EDIT: Tried to embed the video but somehow it wouldn't work, so here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-agFGyFr7ro

Put a plate onto your box Alli, and SIT BACK. Your sitting down into the squat, this causes you to use less hamstring and more lowerback. And its making it harder for you to hit depth, a lower box for you right now would just mean that your knees would shoot even further forward without involving more ham/glute.

I really advocated sitting onto the box too, rather than using as a depth gauge. If you want to know if your going deep enough, simply sit back as far as you can go (with-out the box) until you feel that you cannot go any lower without loosing your arch.

GoodyGirl
11-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Put a plate onto your box Alli, and SIT BACK. Your sitting down into the squat, this causes you to use less hamstring and more lowerback. And its making it harder for you to hit depth, a lower box for you right now would just mean that your knees would shoot even further forward without involving more ham/glute.

I really advocated sitting onto the box too, rather than using as a depth gauge. If you want to know if your going deep enough, simply sit back as far as you can go (with-out the box) until you feel that you cannot go any lower without loosing your arch.

Are you saying I should sit down onto the plate/box as if I was going to sit on a chair (and stop altogether) rather than touching it to gauge my depth before rising? So, don't worry so much about the depth? The big wooden blocks at home would take me to about parallel. I could use that rather than adding a plate to the box shown in video.

Last week's first attempt at squats left my glutes and upper hammy's with a good deal of DOMS. More DOMS in glute/ham than quads. Maybe that's because my quads are better conditioned????

Thanks for the feedback Cliff and Off Road :)

GoodyGirl
11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Tuesday 24th November 2009
Legs

Squats
at home, in power rack.
Focused on getting deeper than 1st attempt week before.
Next week I need to write down sets, reps, weights
Didn't go heavier than 90lb + bar.
Warmed up with 10 rep sets (Bar, 20lb, then with 50lb)
Remaining sets, probably about 5 sets working on form (reps btw 3-5)

Gym; Night:
Box Squats with BB on back (remembering no racks at gym)
10 sets
9 sets x 20 reps @20kg (44lb)
1 set x 50 reps @20kg (44lb)

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 10 reps @35, 40, 45, 50 and 50kg (110lb)
no pain but knees were cracking, sounded horrible & didn't feel very smooth

Leg Curls
5 sets x 10 reps @50, 55, 62.5, 62.5 and 67.5 (heaviest effort to date)

I was dared to do the following. Seated calves 6x20 and standing calves 6x20, so I obliged and then wondered why I had agreed. Silly me.

Seated Calves
6 sets x 20 reps
@20kg (44lb) x 1 set
@30kg (66lb) x last 5 sets

Standing Calves
6 sets
50kg x 15 reps (couldn't get 20)
40kg x 17 reps (plus 8 mini squeezes at top range of motion)
30kg x 20 reps x 4 sets (had to drop weight to 30kg to manage 20 reps)

Calves were ready to EXPLODE

Decline Plank Hold
Held it for 4 Minutes! PB
It was horrendous and my anterior delts starting cramping when I finished. My right sacro-iliac joint had some pain when I finished. I challenged a fellow gym goer to try them, so we started together. He did 2 and a half minutes. I wanted to beat my 3 1/2minute effort but think I would have quit if he wasn't pushing me to hold on.

EDIT: 20 min bike. (incl. 10 min HIIT) 240cal

Rest day today (wednesday)

GoodyGirl
11-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Thursday 26th November 2009
Cardio/Abs

Only had a brief amount of time in the gym after dropping off the little fella to school and getting my girl to her swimming lesson, so did some cardio and some abs. Didn't have enough time to really work abs, so tried something new to see how my back would handle it. See below.

Bike HIIT 20 minutes, 240cal
5 min warm up, 15 mins Intervals; for the most part -15 sec work @110RPM level 15, 30 sec rest @85RPM level 10. Some intervals towards end were 30 sec work, 30 sec rest and right at the end I bumped it up to Level 16 for 10-15 sec work. Sweaty sweaty sweaty.

Stepper 10 minutes
Hill Setting
Level 6, speed between 8.0-9.0, calories 130

Standing DB Side Crunch
20 each side x 25lb DB

Barbell Bench Situps
only went light to see if I could handle them
15kg BB x 10
15kg BB x 15
then had to run otherwise we were going to be late.
Saw this video posted by Jason Pegg and thought they looked cool

68N0nhsIc44

http://www.jasonpegg.com/357/exercise-index-barbell-situp/

GoodyGirl
11-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Deep Tissue Massage Day today! Haven't had one for months! I'm desperate! Bring on the elbows and the brutality. I'm sure I'll feel much better afterwards. Can't wait!!!!

GoodyGirl
11-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Thursday 26th November 2009

PROGRESS: Some medialis veins beginning to appear :)

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=409

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=410

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=412

tomv
11-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Dang you are lean Gigi... I begin my quest for a lean-ish body soon (just not fat really is what I'm after haha).

Awesome work on the veins in the legs.

Damn you for getting a deep tissue massage, I'm hankering for one.

GoodyGirl
11-27-2009, 03:59 AM
Thanks TomBoy. I am very pleased when I see new veins appearing! hehehe ..... and as for the massage, oh it hurt soooooo gooooooood but sadly, 1 hour was just not long enough. Now I have to wait 'til the 17th Dec for my next.

GoodyGirl
11-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Friday 27th November 2009
Chest/Tri's

Flat Bench Press
warmup with bar
warmup with bar + 10kg x 12 reps
30 kg x 10 reps
40 kg x 8 reps
45 kg x 6 reps
50 kg (110lb) x 4 reps (failed on 5th again, last week was a good benching week being able to make the 5th rep, back to square 1 for now)
40 kg x 10 reps

Incline DB Bench Press
25lb DB's x 10 reps
30lb DB's x 10 reps
35lb DB's x 10 reps
40lb DB's x 7 reps
40lb DB's x 8 reps
45lb DB's x 3 reps (decided to have a crack at 45's for the first time ever, could only manage 3 ---> might try them earlier in sets next week now that I know I can move them)
40lb DB's x 8 reps

Cable Cross Overs
5 sets of 10 reps @ 25, 30, 35, 35, 35

Assisted Dips
5 sets of 10 reps @plate 10, 9, 7, 7, 7

Medicine Ball Throws against wall
2kg ball. Just mucking about. 2 or 3 sets of 10-15 throws

Pushups (fingers pointed in)
4 sets x 10 reps (didn't do 5th set, had some left elbow pain so stopped)

Didn't complete tricep exercises. Was going to do pushdowns but decided not to push left elbow pain. Went and did cardio instead.

Bike HIIT
3 min WU, 17 min intervals 251 cal
HR at 172bpm at end

Cross Trainer
10 mins, level 8-11 @speeds 14-16 130 cal
HR between 150-160ish

Stretching

A group of 3 boys training together made a comment I was not happy about referring to the size of my breasts (or lack of). As I could not be 100% certain I had actually heard correctly, I did not pursue the comment further but I'm pretty sure what I heard was what was said. I was mighty pissed off. Insecure little imbeciles. What makes some boys think it's ok to slag off a female just to impress their mates?

Have a good weekend everyone!

GoodyGirl
11-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Saturday 28th November
Biceps (GUNS)

Splitting up back and biceps this week due to time constraints, next session will be back.

5 min warm-up on cross-trainer (elliptical) levels 6-10 60 calories

Dumbell Bicep Curls
15lb DB's x 10
20lb DB's x 10
25lb DB's x 10 x 3 sets

Supersetted with

Hammer Curls
15lb DB's x 10
20lb DB's x 10 x 4 sets

BB Curls - 21s
15kg BB
20kg BB
20kg BB
20kg (44lb) BB
25kg BB for lower 7 reps, then had ro switch back to 20kg BB

Preacher Curls
12 x 20lb plus ez-bar
10 x 20lb (added different collars instead of ring collars to add small amount of weight as the smallest plates were 5lb each and would have been too heavy)
9 x 20lb fail on #10 attempt
8 x 20lb fail on #9 attempt
7 x 20lb fail on #8 attempt

Bike 12 min total incl. 7 HIIT

Plank Decline Hold
My best yet!!! 4:15sec

Hypers
15 x 5kg
10 x 10kg x 2 sets

Making desserts today to take out tomorrow to a friend's house. My famous crunchy top apple pie, a chocolate mousse and a Banoffee Pavlova with sweet, sticky orange sauce. I'm going to have to be on my best behaviour today and not sample too much whilst preparing. Save myself for some treats tomorrow and most likely a cardio session before I go out, to lessen the guilt!!!!

GoodyGirl
11-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Saw this video a fair while ago. Now I know she's all boobs and I don't know what else she's into *giggle* lord only knows, but I thought her strength was quite impressive and wondered how many of you boys can do this? Nothing to do with my journal I know, but something to break the monotony is never a bad thing.....

Introducing Dominque Danger!

moh0FW_8jPA

GoodyGirl
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Just bought 2 x 12kg kettlebells. Yeah!!! Now all I have to do is wait for them to be delivered. Swing city here I come!

james_w8lifter
11-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Just read through your journal, good stuff. You are very, very strong. As for the vid, no I can't do that and dayum she is all boobs. haha

I'll be checking in so keep it up

GoodyGirl
11-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Hahaha yeah I wondered how her boobs don't hinder her performance. Hate to be lugging those puppies around all day! Thanks for taking the time to write. Your words are appreciated. Thanks heaps!

Chris Rodgers
11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I wonder how much she can bench with those things, lol. How did you just stumble across that video? Hmmmm..... :tuttut:

Tim K
11-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I wonder how much she can bench with those things, lol. How did you just stumble across that video? Hmmmm..... :tuttut:

You do pose an interesting question Chris. :)

I stopped comprehending anything after the description of the desserts. Mmmmmmm.... dessert! :D

GoodyGirl
11-28-2009, 11:19 AM

You do pose an interesting question Chris. :)

I stopped comprehending anything after the description of the desserts. Mmmmmmm.... dessert! :D

Hahaha Boys. I was looking on youtube a few months ago at female bodybuilders and was astounded at the amount of 'male sounding' women there were, thanks to 'roids no doubt. Then the youtube suggestions area offered a video of a woman doing tyre flips and something about feats of strength, so I clicked on that and watched this woman. It was Dominique Danger. She was mighty strong. Once that video finished, it suggested the frying pan one and I thought WTF? then I watched it and wondered what the hell she did with that watermelon!!!!!! lol

Hey Tim, check this out. My chocolate mousse before it went into the fridge. I sampled it ----> yummo! Oh, I'm going to have to be a real good GoodyGirl to resist large servings today.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=413

Tim K
11-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I can resist anything but temptation. :D That mousse would be gone if it were anywhere near me!

GoodyGirl
11-29-2009, 02:24 AM
This is just for the sheer fun of teasing you Tim :)
And for Unholy ..... he'd bulk up in a nanosecond eating these treats lol
Which is why I only ate *small* portions today.
And I didn't get to the gym like I wanted to, but it was an AWESOME day!

Chocolate Mousse
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=417

Banofee Pavlova with Sticky Orange Sauce
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=415

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=416

Crunchy top Apple Pie
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=414

Clifford Gillmore
11-29-2009, 03:26 AM
FOOOD PORNN!!!!!!

Good god Alli, those look FANTASTIC!

GoodyGirl
11-29-2009, 04:23 AM
FOOOD PORNN!!!!!!

Good god Alli, those look FANTASTIC!

Hahaha, the GoodyGirl can cook :nod:
Why do you think it took me so long to trim up!!!
The guests were VERY happy today. Many thanks were received!

poshbird
11-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey poshbird, no problem, you're not being rude. I will pull my finger out and post a normal day's eating plan and the eating plan I had when I first began 7 months ago. The plan I had then and the plan I have now are a little different, so I will outline those for you. The eating plan I initially used was the Zone Diet. You might be able to look it up. 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. Theory was that it would keep my hormonal response steady and avoid insulin spikes in the bloodstream and hence the storage of fat. I lost quite a deal of fat (13kg) using this method. My goals are different now, I want to build muscle, so I've changed my eating plan. Chat again real soon and I will outline them for you. I hope that it will help you. How is your training and eating going now? Maybe you could private message me your food intake and training program or update your journal with this info, then I can see it. Thanks for stopping by again.

Hey Thanks Goodygirl, sorry I havent replied to the above been very busy at the moment. I will definatley PM with my food intake, I have finally bought my self some decent scales.

Painzer
11-29-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm willing to bet that if I injected as much test and DBOL as Dominique probably has, I'm sure I could bend a frying pan too!

Tim K
11-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I am a sucker for food... the only reason I lift is so I can eat more! :D

GoodyGirl
11-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Hey Thanks Goodygirl, sorry I havent replied to the above been very busy at the moment. I will definatley PM with my food intake, I have finally bought my self some decent scales.

Will look forward to your message, updated journal and seeing you start getting some amazing results!

I'm willing to bet that if I injected as much test and DBOL as Dominique probably has, I'm sure I could bend a frying pan too!

Fair call! I'm probably a little naive about who takes performance enhancing things. I'd like to think she doesn't..... but the probability is high.

I am a sucker for food... the only reason I lift is so I can eat more! :D

I like your way of thinking, Tim. :)

Note: I'm having a play with the FitDay Calorie counter.... slowly setting it up for myself. Looks like a great tool!!!

Unholy
11-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Fitday is the bestest!!

GoodyGirl
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
FitDay might crash and burn if I enter in those desserts as custom foods!

GoodyGirl
11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Light, quality & size of photo not so good (cropped it) but think the arms/shoulders are coming along in size.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=101&pictureid=418

skinny99
11-29-2009, 06:57 PM
FitDay might crash and burn if I enter in those desserts as custom foods!

I put some unique things in mine and it was ok!!! :)

Fitday will really surprise you! It is eye opening to say the least. Keep goin!

GoodyGirl
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
I put some unique things in mine and it was ok!!! :)

Fitday will really surprise you! It is eye opening to say the least. Keep goin!

Wow! It's awesome!! Wish I'd found out about it earlier. Very good. Now I can easily post calorie consumption and breakdowns :)

tomv
11-30-2009, 01:53 AM
So when's the invite for all the Aussie WBB members to your place for some dessert Alli? :P

Looking ridiculously delicious, your willpower is monstrous for not wolfing down all of them at once.

I'm going to get cracking on fitday soon, glad to hear another positive review.

Joe Black
11-30-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks for popping in my journal, going to be keeping an eye on things here too.

Loving the fact that you played football (not soccer!) and I kinda wish I had not seen those food pics as my next meal is half a novus bar, 1 apple and 3 fish oil caps. Hardly compares lol...

Fitday is awesome, awesome, awsome. I gaurantee the first week you use it you will be amazed by how much you were overeating and how bad some of your food choices were.

GoodyGirl
11-30-2009, 03:43 AM
So when's the invite for all the Aussie WBB members to your place for some dessert Alli? :P

Looking ridiculously delicious, your willpower is monstrous for not wolfing down all of them at once.

I'm going to get cracking on fitday soon, glad to hear another positive review.

It would only be a relatively shortish trip for you TomBoy. Hey, we could do the "Stairway to Hell" mountain run (see album if you have forgotten how horrendous it is) and then pig out on desserts :) Happy times! Actually, it was when you mentioned FitDay Tom, I thought WTF is he talking about? lol. So then it began, I kept hearing about FitDay and thought I'd better research it. Now I'm hooked! in under 24 hours!!!

Thanks for popping in my journal, going to be keeping an eye on things here too.

Loving the fact that you played football (not soccer!) and I kinda wish I had not seen those food pics as my next meal is half a novus bar, 1 apple and 3 fish oil caps. Hardly compares lol...

Fitday is awesome, awesome, awsome. I gaurantee the first week you use it you will be amazed by how much you were overeating and how bad some of your food choices were.

Thanks Cloughie, this place is so amazing for support and encouragement! Normal everyday friends don't seem to understand half the time, its great to have so many like minded people with common goals in one spot. I miss soccer (not football!) hahaha. Loving FitDay. I agree. Awesome, awesome, awesome! I calculated food intake the other week manually, it was a pain in the butt! But I mainly eat much the same every day, so FitDay should be pretty straight forward for me. My diet has been pretty good I think for some time, give or take the odd meal off, maybe once or twice a week. I like seeing the macro breakdown on the graph. Thanks for stopping by.

GoodyGirl
11-30-2009, 03:59 AM
Monday 30th November 2009
Back

Assisted chins
12 x plate #10
10 x plate # 8
8 x plate #8 x 2 sets
10 x plate #8

Prone Bench Row up on boxes (not counting bar weight, dunno what bar weighs)
44lb x 12
74lb x 10
94lb x 8
104lb x6 PB
94lb x 12

T-Bar CSR
10 x 25kg
8 x 30 kg
8 x 35kg
6 x 40kg (88lb)
8 x 35kg

Shrugs
15 x 25 lb DB's
15 x 35lb DB's x 2 sets

Hypers
10 x 5kg
10 x 10kg x 2 sets
10 x 12.5kg x 2 sets

Plank hold
5:15sec MASSIVE PB by 1 minute!!
but exacerbated SIJ pain (right side) and has left my back generally unhappy and now attached to TENS machine. Pain killers not helping. Felt ok doing it, I mean it was HELL but when I stopped I really noticed the pain. :(

Cross Trainer did this to try and loosen up after plank hold pain
10 min 120 calories

GoodyGirl
11-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Results from today- my first day using FitDay

Calories

Fat
28.9g (14%)

Carbohydrate
182.3g (39%)

Protein
196.0g (42%) (1.2g per/lb BW)

Alcohol -
Small glass of red wine
12.3g (5%)

Joe Black
11-30-2009, 04:48 AM
When I first put wine into fitday I was like ...oops.

I can easily drink a bottle and a half to myself if I am out at a restaurant with friends or even in for the evening with friends (never really drink by myself at all, just at social things) and it's close to 900 calories, well over a third of my total lol.

GoodyGirl
11-30-2009, 05:25 AM
When I first put wine into fitday I was like ...oops.

I can easily drink a bottle and a half to myself if I am out at a restaurant with friends or even in for the evening with friends (never really drink by myself at all, just at social things) and it's close to 900 calories, well over a third of my total lol.

Hahahahaha oh yeah, too easy to get through a bottle!! I had a little help yesterday at the "dessert" party but had a few relaxing glasses. Lucky I only started using FitDay today then huh? Calories are so stupid! Whose idea was it to ever count calories? Party poopers!!!! :evillaugh:

Unholy
11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Sick PR's, great shoulders!, but that food pr0n makes me *droooool*

tomv
12-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Dang that's a lot of protein... Peer pressure, I think I better get cracking on Fitday... /sigh haha.

Clifford Gillmore
12-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Results from today- my first day using FitDay

Calories

Fat
28.9g (14%)

Carbohydrate
182.3g (39%)

Protein
196.0g (42%) (1.2g per/lb BW)

Alcohol -
Small glass of red wine
12.3g (5%)

Just to make you feel better, That was less total calories than my last meal.

GoodyGirl
12-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Sick PR's, great shoulders!, but that food pr0n makes me *droooool*

Thanks to all of the above! :)

Dang that's a lot of protein... Peer pressure, I think I better get cracking on Fitday... /sigh haha.

A lot of protein? for a girl? hehehe. A girl's gotta get some muscle!!!! Go investigate FitDay, you'll love it!

Just to make you feel better, That was less total calories than my last meal.

It doesn't make me feel better, just jealous! What was your last meal by the way? It's your turn to return the food porn favour!

GoodyGirl
12-01-2009, 04:15 AM
Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month!
Tuesday 1st December 2009
Summer is here (although you wouldn't think so with this S*** weather!)

Shoulders

Seated DB Shoulder Press
10 x 25lb
8 X 30lb
6 x 35lb
4 x 40lb (fail on #5)PB then did #5 at 35lb
8 x 35lb
Decided to give the 40's a crack just to see what I could do. I guess never having a spotter keeps you honest, there's never any help with extra reps. I was pleased that I got 4 reps. Lost too much form on the 5th one and couldn't raise it any further, despite lack of effort.

Smith Machine Press Seated yeah yeah I know, don't bag me out for using smithy
10 x 20kg
8 x 25kg
8 x 30kg
8 x 30kg
12 x 25kg

Upright Rows
15 x 20kg
12 x 25kg x 4 sets
Wanted to have a go at 30kg (66lb) but BB was unavailable so I did some extra reps on each set of 25kg

Superset
Lateral raises plus DB Press NASTY
10 each x 12 lb
10 x 15lb x 4 sets PB
Yet pleased that the 15lb DB's are my best efforts yet & felt like the 12 lb ones (even after 10 sets of presses before these)

Superset
Plate Front Raise plus Rear Delts
10kg x 10 x 5 sets plus 8lb DB's x 10 x 5 sets for rear delts

Cross trainer 10 min = 125cal

Bike 12 min = 135cal

Have had a bit of a shocker today with lower back pain. Lumbosacral pain and sacro-iliac joint (right). Acting up from the mammoth 5:15sec plank hold yesterday. Codeine and Ibuprofen have been my best friend's today, but I'm still sore. At this stage, things aren't looking good for my leg workout. I'm considering just wiping it off my plan for this week and letting the back recover. I don't need to aggravate it any more. I've still gotta chase around after 2 kiddies, so I'd better stay out of trouble.

GoodyGirl
12-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Today's FitDay Calorie Breakdown
Protein 189.3g (41%)
Carbs 178g (39%)
Fat 41.6g (20%)
Calories 1953
plus 1/2 banana muffin which I didn't count. I ate it for quality assurance ;)
I've been baking again! My 2 and a half year old daughter ate 6 of them through the entire day!
Little piggy she is. Good luck to her! She's already a healthy, solid unit (top of the charts for height & weight).... the first girl picked I reckon on every high school sports team when she's older.
Night everyone, I won't be far out of bed. Hopefully my back appreciates the rest.

borracho
12-01-2009, 08:41 PM

I am having a hard time calling you out on anything!!!

Anyway...looks like you're doing very well in here! All the photos are looking top notch...looking awesome!

NickAus
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM

Very good advice!

I see people doing them wrong every day at my gym.

Joe Black
12-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Man, you are eating only 200 calories less than me on an off day.. Wait.. does that mean I am eating like a girl? lol

GoodyGirl
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I am having a hard time calling you out on anything!!!

Anyway...looks like you're doing very well in here! All the photos are looking top notch...looking awesome!

Thanks very much. You will find something to call me out on soon enough ;)

Very good advice!

I see people doing them wrong every day at my gym.

Thanks as well Nick. Having not done squats since my back ops, it takes quite some learning again to get it right. I will nail the form soon enough!

Man, you are eating only 200 calories less than me on an off day.. Wait.. does that mean I am eating like a girl? lol

'ya big girl!!!! lol :evillaugh:

GoodyGirl
12-02-2009, 11:34 PM
No gym yesterday or today. Back is still up s*** creek. :(

Yesterday's FitDay breakdown:
Calories 1954
Protein 196.1g (42%)
Carbs 183.9g (39%)
Fat 40.6g (19%)

Pretty good going I think.
I was so close to having some red wine as an analgesic.
Wish I did, but glad I didn't blow out the calories.

tomv
12-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Good luck with the back Gigi, has this sort of aggravation happened before? How long does it normally take to heal?

Andalite
12-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey there. I'm relatively new here (not to working out though) and I wanted to stop by and say hi. Good luck with your training and consider me subscribed!

GoodyGirl
12-03-2009, 04:25 AM
Good luck with the back Gigi, has this sort of aggravation happened before? How long does it normally take to heal?

Thanks TomBoy. It's in a permanent state of aggravation, sadly. It'll be right in a short while, if I feel ok in the morning, I might hit the gym to do Chest and Tri's. I'm itchin' to get out of the house and get moving. I've been taking codeine every day (and night to help me sleep) for the last 10+ years, it's just a bit worse for wear the last few days. Any sudden increases in lordosis has been hurting like hell. But I think it's on the mend now after a couple of days taking it easy. Before the disc replacements, any acute pain would take weeks to heal, so I'm lucky in that regard, now when it stuffs up, at least it recovers much quicker. :)

Hey there. I'm relatively new here (not to working out though) and I wanted to stop by and say hi. Good luck with your training and consider me subscribed!

Thanks Andalite. I'm still pretty new to the forum too. Been around for a few weeks only. You'll love this place. Thanks for subscribing to my journal :)

GoodyGirl
12-03-2009, 04:29 AM
Today's FitDay breakdown:
Calories 1924
Protein 175.9g (39%)
Carbs 194.8g (42%)
Fat 39.3g (19%)

GoodyGirl
12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Friday 4th December
Chest/Tri's

As gym has no racks at all (only smith machines) I decided to bench at home in the power rack & then finish workout at gym.

Flat Bench @home
Weighed our bar and it is 21kg (46.2lb, i will round down to 46lb)
Bar x 10
66lb x 8
76lb x 6
96lb x 5
106lb x 5
111lb x 5
116lb x 2
121lb x 1
126lb x 1 57.36kg (126.2lb) PB
131lb x fail
131lb x fail (hubby home at this point and assisted this rep, but will count as fail as I needed help)
Pretty happy with the above considering my back was still being a b****
I'd love to know what I could achieve being pain free!

Incline DB Bench Press @gym
20lb x 10
30lb x 8
35lb x 6
40lb x 6
45lb x 4 (left arm form loss, fail 5th rep)
40lb x 10
40lb x 8

Pec dec
42.5 x 10
50 x 10
55 x 8
60 x 6
62.5 x 6
67.5 x 6

Dips assisted
10 x plate# 7
8 x plate# 6
7 x plate# 5
8 x plate# 5
7 x plate# 5

Pushdowns
10 x plate #2.25
10 x plate #2 x 3 sets
40 x plate #2 x 1 set

Abs
Side Bends
25lb DB x 20 each side
35lb DB x 15 each side

Hanging Leg Raise
2 sets x 15 with 2kg medicine ball held between feet
1 set x 10 (no medicine ball)

Didn't get to gym in morning, little fella was home sick from school, so ducked out before going out with the girls for Dinner (Thai restaurant).

Fitday calories/breakdown before dinner was:
Calories 1345
Carbs 140.9g (44%)
Protein 127.5g (41%)
Fat 21.6g (15%)

Shared a bottle of red wine with a friend (so 375ml = 317calories)

Watched as all the other girls smothered their plates with rice and fatty sauces :drooling: etc but I only had a small serving of rice, maybe about 1/2cup cooked rice at most plus small servings of green beef curry, a vegetarian dish and a creamy/spicy chicken dish plus 1 1/2 fish cakes, a curry puff & chicken skewer. Dinner estimate?? Dunno...... I should overestimate and say (and only guessing) maybe 600 calories including rice (excluding wine)

Then total calories may well have been around 2268 for the day (not too bad still!!)

Tim K
12-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats on your bench! That is a pretty nice lift. I believe you deserved of wine to celebrate. Hope the little feels better ASAP.

GoodyGirl
12-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Congrats on your bench! That is a pretty nice lift. I believe you deserved of wine to celebrate. Hope the little feels better ASAP.

Thanks Tim! Little fella is on the mend :)
How is your rib going?

Tim K
12-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Rib feels 100%. Close to 5 weeks since I cracked 'em and they didn't bother me at all today. I still mend fairly quick at 43! :D I cannot wait to squat again!

skinny99
12-04-2009, 07:12 PM
That is a good day of eating considering you went out! And were drinkin a little bit. The times I do the same it is much harder for me to control my eating :( Good job! Keep trainin hope the back feels better!

GoodyGirl
12-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Back still a bit sore but improved, felt ok to give the legs a whirl this morning in the gym before Tim went off to his stupid day long cricket game! I'm a cricket widow!!! Didn't do squats as I know it would have exacerbated my back so did Leg Press as my main lift instead.

Saturday 5th December 2009
Legs

Bike 5 min Warm Up calories

Plate Loaded Incline Leg Press
10 x 40kg
10 x 80kg
10 x 100kg
8 x 110kg
8 x 120kg
8 x 130kg
8 x 150kg
8 x 160kg
8 x 170kg
8 x 180kg
5 x 190kg
10 x 200kg (440lb)
Didn't intend on doing so many sets, but once I got started I wanted to crack 200

Seated Calve Raise
reps 20 each set
@ 20kg, 25kg x 3 sets, 30kg plus 50 pumps at end

Leg Curls
10 reps each set
50, 62.5, 67.5 x 2, 62.5

Leg Extensions
10 reps each set
@ 35kg, 40kg, 45kg, 50kg, 60kg (132lb)

Standing Calve Raises
15 each set x 3 sets
@ plate #5, 5.5, 5.75

Bike 5 min Warm down
then had to bolt to get home so Tim could leave, so no stretching :(

GoodyGirl
12-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Rib feels 100%. Close to 5 weeks since I cracked 'em and they didn't bother me at all today. I still mend fairly quick at 43! :D I cannot wait to squat again!

That's great news Tim! You won't know yourself when you can squat again! My Mum fell once and cracked a rib. She was in a bad way. I hope to never crack one! touch wood....

That is a good day of eating considering you went out! And were drinkin a little bit. The times I do the same it is much harder for me to control my eating :( Good job! Keep trainin hope the back feels better!

I tried to keep things in check. I left the restaurant not feeling bloated, so was happy about that. <ok I'm back.... my daughter just spilled strawberry milkshake ALL over the floor, up the walls, on the legs of the stools, everywhere!! argh!!> It's probably easier going out with 20 odd girls than eating alone with your partner. More hungry 'gals (and there's some BIG eaters) probably did me a favour hahaha. When I drink alcohol I am less likely do control my food intake, so I did ok really. At a friend's house again tomorrow. She has asked me to make desserts (as I am famous for desserts lol), so I think I may stay off the wine tomorrow so I don't blow out calories and go easy on lunch and indulge slightly in dessert ;) The back is coming along slowly, thanks for asking.

GoodyGirl
12-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Oooh sore anterior delts & chest! Yeah! and my legs are gonna be smashed in the morning too I think! Yesterday I meant to write down that I attempted some pullups (Friday). I did 5 in a row. I was surprised. I didn't try for any more reps. It was between a bench set and just done out of curiosity. I think I will test this further on my next Back day and may now be in a position to add some into my routine now instead of just doing assisted reps on the machine.

Andalite
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Thats a solid leg press. Congrats on the PR! :)

Tim K
12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
You are racking up a nice list of PRs lately! Good work!

GoodyGirl
12-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanks Andalite and Tim.

I'm real sore today, especially my butt & hammy's! And my lumbosacral region feels a little bruised from the leg press. The press has a hard back rest! Thrilled with both bench PR and leg press. First time I have done leg press for over 10 years and first time benching properly (not in smith). Decided to do bench at home now on a permanent basis in power rack and then go to gym for dumbell and other machine accessibility to complete workout. Benching felt great! as did leg press. Happy days :)

GoodyGirl
12-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Sunday 6th December 2009
Cardio

10 min Stepper
10 min Elliptical
20 min Bike w/ intervals

About 500 calories before brekky

Pullups (palms in)
2 x 6 reps
Didn't go as low as I should have, will make it even harder next time by working on going lower and hope I can still get some

Out for lunch to a mate's house. Hope this is the last of December parties. It's too hard to resist temptation! I did avoid the excess of alcoholic calories though! I only had 1 glass of a 4.8% alcohol wine, so not much in other words. It tasted more like fizzy soft drink though

GoodyGirl
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Monday 7th December
Back/Bi's

Assisted chins
Plate #9 x 10 reps
Plate #8 x 8 reps
Plate# 7 x 6 reps x 2 sets
Plate #8 x 8 reps

Prone Bench Row
10 x 26.6kg (58.5lb)
8 x 46.6kg (102.5lb) x 2 sets
8 x 51.14 kg (112.5lb) PB
6 x 55.69kg (122.5lb) PB
20 x 31.14kg (68.52lb)
Bar is included in weights. It weighed 6.6 kg (14.52lb)

Superset; Bicep Curls + Hammers
15lb DBs x 10 for both
20lb DBs x 10 for both
25lb DBs curls x 10 + 20lb DBs hammers x 10 x 3 sets (30 hammers last set)

Pullovers
10 x 20kg
10 x 25kg
10 x 30kg (66lb) x 2 sets

Preacher Curls
10 x 9.5kg
10 x 14.09kg
7 x 16.49kg
10 x 16.49kg
7 x 16.49kg
Bar weight of 5kg included in weight recordings

Sore left elbow again.... dunno, maybe some bursitis?? so didn't do extra bicep exercise. Probably should have stopped earlier but pushed through pain. Seems ok atm.

Tim K
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Two more PRs - you must be doing something right! Nice job on the workouts!

GoodyGirl
12-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Strength seems to be definitely improving. Thanks Tim.

GoodyGirl
12-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Tuesday 8th December 2009
Shoulders
Volume!

Standing OHP
15kg barbell x 10
20kg BB x 10
25kg BB x 8
30kg BB (66lb) x 8 x 2sets PB

Upright rows
25kg x 10 x 2
30kg x 8 PB
30kg x 6
30kg (66lb) x 8

Seated DB Shoulder Press
25lb DB's x 10
30lb DB's x 8
35lb DBs x 8
35lb DB's x 7
30lb DB's x 9

Superset:
Lateral Raise + DB press
10 reps each exercise
12lb DB's x 1 set
15lb DB's x 3 sets
then 12lb DB's x 1 set

Plate Front Raise
5 sets x 10 reps
22lb plate x 1 set
25lb plate x 4 sets

Rear Delt Cable -Single Arm Row
10 x 25 30 35 40 45

Shrugs
35lb DB's x 15 x 3 sets

Bike 20 minutes with some intervals 230cal

BodyByGamma
12-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Congrats on all those personal best you been setting!

GoodyGirl
12-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Congrats on all those personal best you been setting!

Cheers Tony! Thanks for the support. :)

GoodyGirl
12-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Wednesday 9th December 2009
Legs / abs / cardio

Bike 5 minute warm up 50calories

Leg press
70kg (154lb) x 10
110kg (242lb) x 10
150kg (330lb) x 10
190kg (418lb) x 10
210kg (464lb) x 10 PB
220kg (484lb) x 6 PB

Superset
Leg Curls/ Leg Extensions:

Curls
50 x 10
62.5 x 10
67.5 x 10
72.5 x 7 PB (only counted 7 as 8th rep bar didn't touch hammy's)
75 x 7 PB (only counted 7 as 8th rep bar didn't touch hammy's)

Extensions
10 reps each set @ 45kg, 50kg, 55kg, 60kg, 70kg (154lb) PB
---> last set 20 sec hold at end :eek:

Seated calve Raise
25kg x 20
30kg x 20
35kg x 15
40kg x 15
45kg (99lb) x 12 PB

Standing calves
50kg x 10 reps x 5 sets (+ 20 pumps last set)

Abs x 2 sets below of each below
Medicine ball 5.4kg crunch x 25
Oblique 10 ea side
Bicycle kicks 30

Hanging leg raise
3 x 10 BW
2 x 10 with 2kg med ball between feet

Bike 11min 132cal
Elliptical 10 min 132cal level 10 speed btw 16-18

The boys jokingly asked me if I'd be needing any more plates on the leg press. The lady that works at the gym also came up to me and said "You're putting the men to shame!" and complimented me on the way my physique has come along, so all in all, with a PB's and compliments, it was a cool kinda gym session :)

Andalite
12-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Everything looks great! :)

Tim K
12-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Six PRs in one workout session? You gotta be feeling good about a workout like that!

GoodyGirl
12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Everything looks great! :)

Six PRs in one workout session? You gotta be feeling good about a workout like that!

Haha yeah was a cool kinda day!!! Thanks again guys.

GoodyGirl
12-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Friday 11th December 2009
Chest/Tri's

5 min bike -40 cals

Flat Bench Press
bar x 15
20kg x 10
30kg x 10
40kg x 5
50kg x 3
55kg x 1
60kg (132lb) x 1 PB it took forever to lift that bar!

Incline DB Bench
10 x 25lb DB's
8 x 35lb DB's
6 x 40lb DB's
4 x 45lb DB's (i'm still stuck on 4 reps at this weight, one day I will NAIL that 5th rep!)
8 x 40lb DB's
10 x 35lb DB's

Pec Dec
10 X 50
10 x 62.5
7 x 67.5 PB (+ 1 rep)
8 x 62.5
10 x 62.5

Tri pushdowns
10 x 2 plates
10 x 3 plates
10 x 3.25 plates
5 x 3.5 plates PB then 5x 3.25 plates drop set
10 x 3 plates

Kickbacks
10 x 10lb x 3 sets

Elliptical 15 min 188 cal

Sauna 10 min

Still having some pain around the left elbow... not as bad today as it has been in the gym before, but I think it's origin is the tricep for some reason. Didn't do assisted dips today. Hopefully pulling out of the dips will allow a bit more recovery. We'll see.

Another compliment today, a lady asking me specifically about my weight routine and if I had ever competed LOL

GoodyGirl
12-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Don't mind the 70's bathroom or the iPhone advertising LOL

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=428

The Gasman UK
12-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Hi GoodyGirl!

Wow I am impressed by your life and fitness journey. Looks like you've built your character and physique to impressive levels.

Count me in to follow you along on your journey.

Lift hard, train strong!

Gasman.

tomv
12-11-2009, 08:04 AM
70's is where it's at Gigi, their style was king!

Looking leaner every time girl.

GoodyGirl
12-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi GoodyGirl!

Wow I am impressed by your life and fitness journey. Looks like you've built your character and physique to impressive levels.

Count me in to follow you along on your journey.

Lift hard, train strong!

Gasman.

Your very kind words mean a lot to me. Much appreciated. Will be awesome to have you along too. Thanks Gasman!

GoodyGirl
12-11-2009, 03:11 PM
70's is where it's at Gigi, their style was king!

Looking leaner every time girl.

Thanks again TomBoy! I wish these abs would hurry up! I am trying to be patient. I'll see how I'm going by the end of our summer. I'm hoping by then I've carved them up but the damn christmas eating might stuff me up (or at least slow me down!). The 70's bathroom MUST die!!! It has seen it's day and desperately needs to be ripped out and re-modeled. Another thing to spend money on! ughhhh

Off Road
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Have you ever seen Steve Reeve's abs? That's right, no 6 pack. One of the best built guys in history didn't have the genetics to get a 6 pack. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

GoodyGirl
12-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey peeps, just a quick Hello! I'm still alive! Haven't dropped off the face of the earth either. Little fella has been sick and missed his last 3 days of the school year. Feel a bit sorry for him as he's missed his presentation days and first ever school christmas parties. I have still been squeezing in some training here and there, but haven't updated anything as of yet. Will get crackin' on that soon! Hope you're all well and looking forward to Christmas.

The Gasman UK
12-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Hope he gets better soon! :)

Yeah life does get in the way of your fitness journey! Good luck when you get back on it !

GoodyGirl
12-18-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks for that Gasman. I'm happy to report he is well on the mend! No fevers for 2 days & first meal last night, although he's still a bit fussy with food, he's happily drinking banana or caramel flavoured milkshakes! That's the life! It's nice to have a healthy & happy young boy again.

This week has been such a long week looking after him, I decided not to go do Chest/Tri workout today. I was too damn tired! So had an afternoon sleep instead of gym. I will hope to hit the gym tomorrow to complete this week's training. If I make it tomorrow, that will only be 3 workouts this week, but that's maybe not such a bad thing every now and then I guess. I would still have tackled every muscle group and had a little time to rest as well.

GoodyGirl
12-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Running a bit behind my journal updates this week, so you'll get 3 at once:

Saturday 12th December 2009
Cardio

10 min elliptical
20min bike
10min arc-trainer
10min elliptical
10min bike

= about 700 calories burned

I was getting pretty pee'd off on the stationary bike. At the 10minute mark, I was going to hop off and hop on the stepper. Just as I was about to hop off, a lady hopped on the stepper. Oh well, that's fine, I'll just keep on the bike and do some more intervals. What pee's me off was her use of her mobile phone. Every time she picked it up, nearly every minute, she was sending a text. Well, if you can multi-task without falling off the equipment, good luck to you, I have no problem & take my hat off to you! Well, I was hoping she WOULD fall off 'cause she could not multi-task. Everytime she started texting, she would come to a complete stop on the stepper. ARGHHHH I so wanted to slap her in the face. Instead, I bit my tongue, mind my own business and just cycled my little butt off, shaking my head at her. Stupid woman!

Monday 14th December 2009
Back/Biceps/Abs

Went lighter this week for back, changed sets from 5 sets to 3 sets & added 1 extra movement instead. Dropped one bicep exercise. Weights stayed the same as last week for bi's.

Cable lat pulldowns
3 sets x 10 reps @
60, 80 and 90

Neutral grip assisted pullups
3 sets x 8 reps
Plate # 8, 7, 6

Chest Supported T-Bar Row
3 sets x 10 reps @
20kg, 25kg & 30kg

Alternating DB Curls and Hammer Curls; Superset
10 each side x 5 sets
exactly same weights as last week

Barbell Pullovers
2 sets x 12 reps x 25kg
1 set x 10 reps x 30kg
These were great! Smashed my lats & long tricep head.

Bicep BB Curls 21s
2 sets x 20kg BB

Bike 10 minutes 120 cal

Abs
med ball crunch 6kg x 25
plus
25 bicycle kicks
x 2 sets = 100 reps

Side bends
20 each side x 10kg plate

Back extension
3 sets x 10 @ 10kg, 12.5kg, 10kg

Tuesday 15th December 2009
Legs/Shoulders

Incline Leg Press
10 x 90kg
10 x 130kg
10 x 180kg x 2sets
10 x 190kg (418lb)

Squats - Deep, slow
5 sets x 20 reps x 40kg
OMG! This is now Day 3 DOMS for me. The pain, the pain!!!
I went for a massage last night too. Next time I go, I'm duct taping my mouth shut, 'cause every time I squealed like a b*tch, she dug her elbows into my legs even harder!

Shoulder press DB- Seated
10 x 20lb DBs
10 x 25lb DBs
10 x 30lb DBs x 2 sets
Couldn't do as much weight on shoulders due to leg work before. Normally I've been splitting legs & shoulders but knew I had to combine them this week due to little boy being sick. Didn't think I'd get much opportunity to escape the house. I was right!

Upright rows
10 x 20kg (44lb)
10 x 25kg (55lb) x 4sets

Lateral Raises
12lb DBs x 10
15lb DBs x 10 x 2 sets
cut these down to 3 sets instead of 5. Rushed for time.

Front plate raise
3sets x 10 reps x 10kg
cut these down to 3 sets instead of 5. Rushed for time.

Rear Delt Single Arm Cable Row
30, 35, 40, 45, 50 x 10 reps

Seated calve Raise
20 reps @ 20 and then 25
20 reps @ 30kg x 3 sets

I think this covers everything for now. Hope you're all well and will try and touch base with you all before Christmas!

GoodyGirl
12-18-2009, 01:53 AM
This is purely a frivolous post, just for the hell of it and 'cause I'm in a silly mood. And I am a dork, if you haven't already noticed! :clown:

Hubby came home with 2 large mangoes. I thought he was trying to tell me something! If 2 for $5 is all that a boob job would cost, I might consider! In loving memory of long lost mangoes!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=438

The Turkish Roll Variety!! The way they look when squished into a crop top style sports bra, the type that REALLY flatten your chest that I refuse to wear for that very reason. Lord knows, it's already bad enough!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=437

The lychee version,generally found in this state in winter climates or extremely low bodyfat levels! Thankfully the body fat still has a ways to drop.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=436

I wish!!!!! lol

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=435

In Loving Memory :whiner:

Andalite
12-18-2009, 02:28 AM
LOL...

The Gasman UK
12-19-2009, 02:36 AM
- 700 calories - Nice one. That's some real fat burning going on there.

- Bike person - OMG I soo agree with this. Same thing happened to me on the running machine, i was gearing up to do an intense 14km/h 30 minute run and some person jumps on, walking slowly whilst reading a magazine. GRRRR! You can walk outside and you can read a magazine on your sofa.

- Nice volume on the workouts. Great leg pressing. Keep up the good work.

Nicky
12-19-2009, 12:53 PM
WOW look at those quads! :omg:

GoodyGirl
12-20-2009, 12:41 AM
LOL...

*Chuckle* Being silly is a big part of me. I like to laugh at myself. I am a gumby for sure.

Nice volume on the workouts. Great leg pressing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for that! I saw 3 boys last week using the leg press. They had it stacked up to the max. 2 boys spotted, 1 pressed ...... each rep was about 1/8th of full ROM. I stared like crazy and did my best to not laugh & to bite my tongue. I think they thought I was staring because I thought they were so freakin' strong and were my hero's...... so far from the truth!!! I'd like to see what they could manage doing full ROM reps. It amused me nonetheless.

WOW look at those quads! :omg:

Should I change my name to Quadzilla? hahaha. Thanks Nicky.

GoodyGirl
12-20-2009, 12:51 AM
Saturday 19th December 2009
Chest/Tri's/Abs
workout @ home plus a few assorted exercises

Bench press in power rack
15 x bar
8 x 66.2lb
5 x 76.2lb
5 x 96.2lb
5 x 106.2lb
3 x 116.2lb
1 x 126.2lb
1 x 131.2lb PB at home 59.63kg Failed at this attempt 2 weeks ago & got it this time!

Plated flyes
1 set x 10lb plates x 10 reps
1 set x 11lb plates x 10 reps
3 sets x 22lb plates x 10 reps

Pushups 10, 25

Decline pushups 9

Chinups 5

Tricep extensions
2 sets x 10 each arm

Single arm press
10kg DB x 10 reps

KB Swings 12kg
20 reps x 3 sets

Plank holds
3 x 2 mins each
Box height 18inches

Youtube muted my video due to copyright and forced me to change the music so you miss out on hearing my grunting and groaning. It is mega boring, so fast forward is best! Then you can see me fall in a heap at the end and imagine my screams. It was difficult on the triceps and shoulders after my workout..... they fatigued before my abs/back. Don't mind the table standing up in the background.... hubby's idea of tidying up (or artistic design?)

Dqr_3RwcEG8

Kzaroshen
12-20-2009, 01:31 AM
You're doing great, I've just been over your journal and you've made amazing progress. Keep going strong! Not like you need the encouragement. :hello:

GoodyGirl
12-20-2009, 05:36 AM
You're doing great, I've just been over your journal and you've made amazing progress. Keep going strong! Not like you need the encouragement. :hello:

Why, thank 'ya very much! Much appreciated. I just noticed you have a journal and have subbed to yours too! Great that you've started lifting again :)

Hey, you're in Sydney! Which suburb? There are a couple of other fella's in Sydney and a few more Aussies here and there. Not aware of any other Aussie girls on WBB, but would love to know if there are. Best wishes to you. Will be keeping tabs on your progress too. Thanks for stopping in.

ps- do you follow league?

GoodyGirl
12-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Wayyyyyyy too much temptation today .......... I asked for strength to resist, but there is no God, otherwise he would have helped me!!!!

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=439

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=440

So, when we got home and the kids and hubby had Nanna naps, I made the smart choice and went to the gym. This time of year is really difficult! But I figure a few days of eating out of whack over christmas is not really going to undo my 8 months of hard work. Fact. So, I'm going to enjoy it in moderation and squeeze in some workouts when I can. We're away from christmas and won't have access to a gym. I will have to get outside, maybe go for a run on the beach etc.

Today's workout:

Sunday 20th December 2009
Back/Bi's/Cardio

Ellipitcal 10 mins 126 calories

Bike 10 mins 118 calories

Neutral Grip Chinups 2, 4, 3, 2

Chest Supported T Bar Row
25kg x 10 reps x 3 sets

DB Curls/hammers
15s x 10 each for both
20s x 10 each for both
20s x 10 each /drop to 15s x 10 each

Cable Lat Pulldown
60, 80, 90 x 10 reps

BB Bicep Curls slightly wider grip
21s x 3 @ 15kg BB

Cable Seated Row
3 plates x 10
3.25 plates x 10
3.5 plates x 10

Back Extension
10 reps (+10pumps) x 10kg x 3 sets

Bike 10 minutes 120 calories

GoodyGirl
12-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Is a sure bet so far that the diet & training volume are paying dividends

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=441

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=442

Tim K
12-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Very impressive physique! Biceps look great and you can see some lats there too! Excellent progress! You've already accomplished more than most folks.

I know what you mean about holiday foods... I've gained about 10 lbs from food and not being able to workout. I'm gonna continue to eat like pig until December 26th too. :D

Kzaroshen
12-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Why, thank 'ya very much! Much appreciated. I just noticed you have a journal and have subbed to yours too! Great that you've started lifting again :)

Hey, you're in Sydney! Which suburb? There are a couple of other fella's in Sydney and a few more Aussies here and there. Not aware of any other Aussie girls on WBB, but would love to know if there are. Best wishes to you. Will be keeping tabs on your progress too. Thanks for stopping in.

ps- do you follow league?

Thanks for the sub :]. I live in Narrabeen, on the Northern Beaches. I'm new here so I don't know how many Aussies are around yet or Aussie girls. I'm sure you'll run into them sooner or later.

Best wishes for the festive season, don't let temptation take over too much. I'm going to find it hard not to stuff my face.

Note- Forgot to answer your question. Nah I'm not into league :P, more of a soccer guy. Heh. Even then I don't follow it as much as I'd like.

GoodyGirl
12-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Very impressive physique! Biceps look great and you can see some lats there too! Excellent progress! You've already accomplished more than most folks.

I know what you mean about holiday foods... I've gained about 10 lbs from food and not being able to workout. I'm gonna continue to eat like pig until December 26th too. :D

Thanks Timbo! Eating like a piggy ......... me like! Me like a lot! In saying that, today was a back to normal food intake day. In fact, an outstanding day! Next few days probably will be ok'ish, christmas day will definitely be a blow-out! Have a good Christmas with your family.

GoodyGirl
12-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the sub :]. I live in Narrabeen, on the Northern Beaches. I'm new here so I don't know how many Aussies are around yet or Aussie girls. I'm sure you'll run into them sooner or later.

Best wishes for the festive season, don't let temptation take over too much. I'm going to find it hard not to stuff my face.

Note- Forgot to answer your question. Nah I'm not into league :P, more of a soccer guy. Heh. Even then I don't follow it as much as I'd like.

Living in Narrabeen, you'd sure get your fair share of elite athletes at the Academy of Sport.... i think the Wallabies train there every now and then. Nice spot. I will also find it hard not to stuff my face at Christmas, but I will 'try' and control myself.... well, I did say try. LOL. Soccer huh? nice! I used to play, love love love my soccer! Although I don't follow it as much as I'd like either. All the best to to you too for Christmas & New Year. Stay safe.

GoodyGirl
12-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Trying to get all my muscle groups trained in 3 days, so combined legs & shoulders today and am hoping to squeeze in chest/tri's tomorrow before we go away for Christmas. Workout took a little longer today than I wanted due to Christmas well wishes, so lots of chatting happening, but also some nice PB's to boot. Yet again, I was the ONLY female doing weights.

Monday 21st December
Shoulders/Legs

Bike 10 minutes

Standing Single Arm DB Press
15lb DB x 10
25lb DB x 10
30lb DB X 8

Seated DB Shoulder Press
6 reps x 35lb DB's x 2 sets
10 reps x 30lb DB's

Upright Rows
10 x 20kg
10 x 25kg (55lb)
8 x 30kg (66lb)
10 x 25kg x 2 sets

Lateral Raise
12lb DB's x 10
15lb DB's x 10 x 2 sets

Front Plate Raise
10kg x 10 reps x 3 sets

Rear Delt
10 reps x 40 on cable (single arm)
10 x 8lb x 2 sets reverse flye

Deep Squats- smith
10 x 40kg
10 x 60kg x 3 sets

Leg Extensions
40kg x 10
50kg x 10
60kg x 10
70kg x 10
80kg (176lb) x 8 PB

Leg Curls
62.5 x 10
75 x 10
80 x 6 PB, DROP 75 x 2, DROP 62.5 x 4
75 x 8, DROP 62.5 x 4
62.5 x 12

Seated Calve Raise
25kg x 15
35kg x 15
45kg X 15
50kg x 12 PB
55kg (110lb) x 10 PB (by 10kg)

Standing calves
12 reps x 5plates
10 reps x 6plates
10 reps x 7plates

Bike 10 minutes

GoodyGirl
12-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Success! All body parts worked in 3 days. Was in a bit of a rush, had to get back quickly so the little fella could get back to the Dr's. He's still having ongoing ear pain which needs more treatment. Anyway, hopefully this 3rd dose of antibiotics will finally help once completed.

Tuesday 22nd December 2009 am
Chest/tri's
Short rest and superset hell

Bench
Bar x 10
20kg (44lb) x 10
30kg (66lb) x 10
40kg (88lb) x 10
45kg (99lb) x 8
40kg (88lb) x 8
Short rests

Incline DB Bench
10 x 20lb DBs
10 x 30lb DBs
8 x 35lb DBs x 3 sets
30 sec rest

Cable crossovers
10 x 30
10 x 35 x 4 sets

SUPERSETTED WITH

Assisted Dips
10 x plate 10
10 x plate 8
10 x plate 7 x 3 sets

Tri pushdown
10 x 2.25
10 x 2.5 x 4
30 sec rest

Pushups (fingers in)
10 x 5sets
30 sec rest, 1 min rest last set
First 2 sets I got all 10 in a row.
3rd set I think I got to 8 reps, then had to pause to get the next 2 out.
4th set I think I made it to 6 reps before needing to pause.
Last set I only got to 5 before needing to pause, then 1 by 1 I got the rest out

45mins from go to wo

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAR OUT BRUSSEL SPROUT

GoodyGirl
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, by 3pm today, we'll be on the road, off for our christmas holiday to my parent's house and a week off from weights! So Merry Christmas to you all and I hope that you have a wonderful break with family and friends. Stay safe & healthy everyone. Best wishes! Catch you all when I get back.

For the ladies in here, an extra special MERRY CHRISTMAS coming right at 'ya! A hot Aussie Bum. Enjoy :)

Uft4KPW7KCM

lil' power
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks GG, enjoyed it! Have a safe wonderful holiday!

GoodyGirl
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Very glad, lil' power. Take care mate.

BodyByGamma
12-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Congrats on the PB's. LMFAO @ the mangos post. Awesome plank hold video. I could only last a minute doing planks if I was eating pizza off the floor, thats about it. Happy holidays.

skinny99
12-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Goody I showed a female freind of mine your journal and finally got her in the gym! She was very inspired. Had her squat,dead and bench the bar! She loved it! Also showed her your plank video and after,she tried it she thinks your a very sick person! Made me reshow her the video after her workout to prove it can be done!

Andalite
12-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Great workouts, ma'am! Keep it up.

GoodyGirl
12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm home sweet home!!! Christmas was awesome! Family time was priceless. But it's nice to be home. Back to normal eating and exercise! I've not put on any weight, so it's all good! Back to the gym tomorrow. Can't wait! I'm getting restless.

Thanks for the encouragement Andalite.

And as for your friend, Skinny, that's bloody brilliant!!! I actually read your message a couple of days ago and it put a big smile on my face and made my day! The planks........ ewwwww, yeah, they suck! I have held one for 5 minutes 15 seconds in the gym, but it was not at such a decline, so it wasn't quite as difficult as that one was. My shoulders were so fatigued after the 5 minute 15 second hold that when I went to have a drink out of my water bottle, my shoulder cramped up! And I screwed my back up a bit, irritated the sacro-iliac joint. So I haven't tried such a mammoth effort since then, but have made the exercise more difficult & less time consuming. Still very hard to say the least, especially at the end of a heavy workout. Let me know how your friend goes. I hope she continues. We need more girls in the gym! Wish her all the best from me.

GoodyGirl
12-28-2009, 01:45 AM
Weighed myself this morning after 5 days off and loads of pigging out and guess what? I lost 200grams!!! hahaha How cool is that?!!!!! I'm impressed. Back to the gym today. Felt gooooooood.

Monday 28th December 2009
Back / Bi's

Elliptical 10min

Assisted pullups
Plate #9 x 10reps
Plate #8 x 10reps x 2 sets

Body weight row (legs on box, hanging from under smith machine bar)
3 sets x 5

DB Bicep Curls, Alternating
15s x 10 plus 10 Hammers
20s x 10
25s x 7reps.... drop to 20s x 3reps .... x 3 sets

Chest Supported T-Bar Row
20kg (44lb) x 10
30kg (66lb) x 10
32.5kg (71.5lb) x 8

Single arm DB row
20lb x 10
25lb x 10
30lb x 10
25lb x 12

Cable Chest Supported Row
75 x 10 x 3 sets

Face pulls - red cable
10 + holds and 10 pumps

Superset BB Curls with Back Extensions
30 x 10kg / 3 x 10kg (not warmed up enough) .... drop to BW x 17
30 x 10kg / 20 x 2.5kg
30 x 10kg / 20 x 5kg

Planks -off wall
4 x 1 minute

Abs
20 med ball, 20 side crunch, 20 bicycles
then 20 side bends each with 10kg plate + 10 pumps

Plank Video (just a smidge short of 1 minute) Other sets I timed were 1 minute

fk2qhXPqafI

GoodyGirl
12-28-2009, 01:51 AM
I still have no idea how to pose and look like a complete gumby in these 8 month progress pics, but here they are:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=495

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=494

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=493

For the life of me, I can still not work out how to flex my lats :( ARGHHHHH

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=492

GoodyGirl
12-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Tuesday 29th December 2009
Shoulders / Cardio

Bike warm up 5 mins 50 cal

Seated DB Shoulder Press
10 x 20lb DBs
8 x 30lb DBs x 2
8 x 35lb DBs
5 x 40lb DBs PB!! FINALLY KILLED THAT 5TH REP (PB by +1 rep)

Seated BB Smith Press
10 x 20kg
7.5 x 30kg (66lb)
6 x 30kg, drop 6 x 25kg, drop 6 x 20kg

Upright row
12 x 20kg
10 x 25kg (55lb) x 4 sets

Shoulder series with DB's-10 reps each set
Lateral Raises x 15s x 3 sets
Alternate DB front raise x 15s x 3 sets
Bent over laterals x 8s x 3 sets

Shrugs