PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast...

Rudso
10-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi guys, I got a question. I know how important breakfast is but I am usually in a rush in the morning to get to work and don't have time to cook up a nice breakfast. So my question is what should I have around the house that I can grab on the go? I can have my breakfast at work but I don't usually have the time to prepare it in the morning.

I usually take yogurt and some kind of fruit but that's about it and I know I should be eating more than that for breakfast.

Thanks guys.

tom183
10-31-2009, 11:34 PM
A shake shouldn't take long to prepare and blend.

Off Road
11-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Wake up a 1/2 hour earlier and fix a good breakfast. Not having time to prepare food is the same excuse as not having time to work out. If it's important to you...make the time.

jp2
11-01-2009, 07:45 AM
MRP shake

Unreal
11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Or just skip it and just make up the calories later.

ThomasG
11-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Or just skip it and just make up the calories later.

Sorry nick but I don't agree with this. Unless, however, of course your only goal is hitting the proper macros.

Breakfast is very important and I recommend eating as soon as you wake up to get your body out of a catabolic state.

x2 on the waking up earlier. It's all about how bad you want it.

vdizenzo
11-01-2009, 08:13 PM
For the mornings my wife does not cook I have homemade breakfast burritos in the freezer. I just pop 2 in the microwave and I'm ready to go. I make a dozen at a time. I start with a dozen eggs, a half pound of deli ham, a dozen tortillas, and some reduced fat cheese. Simply scramble the eggs, put a scoop on a tortilla, add two slices of ham, and some cheese. Roll it up, wrap it in plastic wrap, and throw it in the refrigerator. Now you have breakfast on the go.

ThomasG
11-01-2009, 08:46 PM
For the mornings my wife does not cook I have homemade breakfast burritos in the freezer. I just pop 2 in the microwave and I'm ready to go. I make a dozen at a time. I start with a dozen eggs, a half pound of deli ham, a dozen tortillas, and some reduced fat cheese. Simply scramble the eggs, put a scoop on a tortilla, add two slices of ham, and some cheese. Roll it up, wrap it in plastic wrap, and throw it in the refrigerator. Now you have breakfast on the go.

Word, tons of quick things you can do for breakfast.

I usually eat

3packets oatmeal with milk
Large glass of milk
Turkey bacon.

And if I have time Green tea. Takes me less than half hour to prepare and eat.

LuNa
11-01-2009, 09:07 PM

That sounds delicious. I needed a change from my typical oats and i think i just found it.

accrane
11-01-2009, 10:06 PM
That sounds delicious. I needed a change from my typical oats and i think i just found it.

Be careful. The tortillas are loaded with carbs and calories...

Rudso
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
That breakfast burrito idea sounds really good, I'm going to try that.

But if going to eat carbs, isn't it a really good time to do it.....for breakfast?

Mercuryblade
11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I just have a shake in the morning, and sometimes even pre-load the cup with powder before I go to bed, so all I have to when I wake up in the morning is throw in some water and a squirt of chocolate syrup: 30g of protein ready in about 30 seconds.

vdizenzo
11-02-2009, 09:32 AM

So...

activestack
11-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Hi guys, I got a question. I know how important breakfast is but I am usually in a rush in the morning to get to work and don't have time to cook up a nice breakfast. So my question is what should I have around the house that I can grab on the go? I can have my breakfast at work but I don't usually have the time to prepare it in the morning.

I usually take yogurt and some kind of fruit but that's about it and I know I should be eating more than that for breakfast.

yogurt looks good in diet but not for all. some people will have some problems with yogurt. Anyway, fruit and yogurt mixing sounds good idea and you should consider getting up and doing some exercise before you eat breakfast.

Y2A
11-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Shake in the morning for me, blending it, drinking it, and washing the dishes takes about 5 minutes.

Unreal
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Hard boiled eggs are easy, cheap, convient, and nutrition packed. Just boil up a dozen on the weekend and grab 2-3 on the way out. That or have some shakers made up so you just have to add water.