PDA

View Full Version : Looking for critiques...

Painzer
10-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Squats and deads...

I know why I failed the 416 squat, I got off balance and started to fall back... Also, I dead lifted first, then squatted, so I'm pretty happy with a 6 lb PR after I had already hit a 51 lb PR on Deads.

Pdv1IMyfW48

5t5Fy-IEvDI

skinny99
10-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Nice lifts! Going for a PR Dead monday myself! 415lbs baby after I do my set of 5 at 365! I hope I make it look as easy as you!

Tim K
11-02-2009, 09:07 AM
You are taking some big steps walking the weight out on your squats. Try taking only one of those steps back. You are plenty far enough from the rack at the point. It'll help you conserve some energy. You had plenty of speed coming out of the hole with 416 lbs. Looks like you have it in you easy!

Painzer
11-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah, with the 416 I just got off balance... I know I'm good for at least 420 now.

Tim K
11-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Nice job with the deadlifts. I'm awful jealous of all these nice pulls. :D

shutUpAndSquat
11-02-2009, 09:58 AM
good form at the squat. :clap:
I just don't understand why you do need a spotter behind you while you deadlift. It looks like you hyperextend your back, maybe it's for this.

anyway, good job!

Painzer
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
good form at the squat. :clap:
I just don't understand why you do need a spotter behind you while you deadlift. It looks like you hyperextend your back, maybe it's for this.

anyway, good job!

It's actually because on my first 405 pull, it came up so fast I started to fall backwards...

405 is usually a grind for me... But I had so much adrenaline, it shot right up and I stumbled backwards a few steps.

So Keph just stood there the next few lifts to make sure I didn't do it again...

Painzer
11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL, K doesn't ask for critiques, he gets em... I ask for em, I don't. LOL

Can I get the title changed to "No critiques please!" ?? ;)

Kiaran
11-02-2009, 11:52 PM
lol, sorry man. Honestly, I would take the fact that there is not much critique in here as a good thing. Seriously, your form looks great. Those lifts were awesome. I can offer a few things to try if you like.

Squatting with that high bar I think is going to hold you back in the end. I only say this because of the lack of forward lean, knees coming forward and lack of butt sitting back issues it creates for optimal leverage and stability under the bar. They don't call it a PL style squat for nothing. With that high bar, you cannot sit back much more without falling backwards. You cannot lean forward much either or you will dump the bar because the lever becomes too great with the bar high up. Because of this, the window you have to be in is very small or you lose your balance. Also, your knees shoot way forward to account for balance. Because you cannot sit further back, you are not getting the full benefits of your lower back, gluts and hamstrings in your lift. I think if you could get the low bar setup going it would only further improve your numbers in both the squat and deadlift. You might play around with it here and there. Either way, you've got awesome leg strength, bro and a damn fine squat the way it is.

On your deads, you pulled all those very quickly and looked good. Your lockout is a but interesting though. I can't quite figure it out but I think you focus so hard on locking your hips forward that you forget to straighten out your trunk and wind up locking out with a hunch. I noticed as the weight got heavier you pushed your hips forward nicely but your upper body stayed just like it was while you were pulling. I don't think it is a strength issue rather just you feeling your hips locked out and forgetting to stand up tall. Instead of leaning so far backwards at the top, just think to stand tall, press your shoulders down and back like you are showing off your chest. Don't think about pulling your shoulders up like a shrug or back super tight or any crap like that, just stand up tall and push your chest forward like you do your hips. You do that, and I think it's perfect bro.

Hope that helps, man. BTW, 1182 total raw, damn! 1200 is coming soon.

Painzer
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I think I will work on a lower bar squat. We'll see how it goes... It's so uncomfortable back there!!

Cmanuel
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I think I will work on a lower bar squat. We'll see how it goes... It's so uncomfortable back there!!

took me a really long time to get comfortable with low bar. It was more or less a shoulder flexibility issue for me.