PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift suit

abbcccxyyzzz
11-01-2009, 03:46 AM
I been searching for videos or tutorials on how to put on a deadlift suit and cannot find anything. Is there any thing special someone should know about putting on a suit (is it similar to putting on a squat suit?)
Or can someone outline the procedure.

Thanks!!!

Brian Hopper
11-01-2009, 06:34 AM
A deadlift suit should go on like a squat suit.

JPanella
11-01-2009, 11:34 AM
The only deadlift suit i have ever worn is the metal pro, i keep it pretty tight in the staps but not as tight in the legs and hips as i would squat briefs or suit. The straps seem to be what really gives it its pop. The one thing you can do with this suit is pull the legs up higher if you have trouble getting to the bar. I have not used the new Metal suits with velcro, so i cannot comment on them.

mastermonster
11-01-2009, 12:54 PM

Ditto.

DieselWarrior
11-01-2009, 01:56 PM

wOKYo219t58

Brian Hopper
11-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Get a pair of suit slippers, they are the s**t!!! That looked way to complicated.

Brian Hopper
11-01-2009, 03:54 PM
The only deadlift suit i have ever worn is the metal pro, i keep it pretty tight in the staps but not as tight in the legs and hips as i would squat briefs or suit. The straps seem to be what really gives it its pop. The one thing you can do with this suit is pull the legs up higher if you have trouble getting to the bar. I have not used the new Metal suits with velcro, so i cannot comment on them.

I have a Metal King Pro DL suit w/Velcro straps and I like it. I'm still trying to learn how to use it so it will work for me. The one thing I don't like about it, is that the material is pretty thin. But other then that, it's a nice suit!

robchris
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
My Titan velocity DL suit goes on just like a sqt. suit but not as tight in the hips & legs (as JP stated)

Dont get it too tight or you will have problems setting up and reaching the bar... Not to mention losing your air while setting up!

Brian Hopper
11-02-2009, 09:02 PM
How do you like the Velocity DL suit?

robchris
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Brain,

I like it a lot... I probably got 20-25lb. off my raw max the first time I used it. Call Ken Anderson & he'll set you up w/ sizing.

All Titan gear is quailty stuff!

ironchef
11-03-2009, 08:52 PM
does the velocity help more with the lock out or the floor? I need a suit that helps my lock out and right now I have a fusion which I think is an amazing suit off the floor doesnt seem to help at all in the lock out.

robchris
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
does the velocity help more with the lock out or the floor? I need a suit that helps my lock out and right now I have a fusion which I think is an amazing suit off the floor doesnt seem to help at all in the lock out.

Iron,
It has good pop off the floor & mid-range for that matter.

As far as lock-out, like all DL suits its minimal but w/ the speed off the floor it still has good carry-over!

abbcccxyyzzz
11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Thank you everybody for your input!!

ScottYard
11-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Be sure to pull it up seated in the crotch as much as possible. It sucks on the pearls but the suit works better.

Brian Hopper
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Be sure to pull it up seated in the crotch as much as possible. It sucks on the pearls but the suit works better.

Scott, I wear a Metal King Pro Conventional Deadlift suit with the velcro straps, and they recommend wearing the suit with at least a 1" gap between the suit and the crotch. I have already experimented with the suit this way and tomorrow we are doing speed pulls and im going to put the suit on and pull it all the way up in the crotch.

Have you done both ways before? If so what do you feel works better in your opinion?

Or if anyone else who pulls in Metal gear that has experienced both ways or what not, please feel free to give your opinion and advice, THANKS!!!!!!

ScottYard
11-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I just found that with a gap I had to compromise position when getting to the bar. but then again i dont know **** about deadlifting lol.

Brian Hopper
11-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I just found that with a gap I had to compromise position when getting to the bar. but then again i dont know **** about deadlifting lol.

The reason I asked is because someone else made a comment to me about the way I have my suit set and he said I need to bring it all the way up in the crotch. I'm going to try it out tomorrow and see how I like it. Im also going to use different belts, to see what I like better.

JPanella
11-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Brian, did you ever pull in the old pro, and how do you compare the old one from the king. I am all about having good ****, but dropping another 200 for a suit that is just a little more confortable than the pro seems a little rediculous for me.

Brian Hopper
11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
The Metal King Pro is the only Metal suit I have ever worn. I use to pull in the OLD Titan deadlift suits, but that was 7 years ago. I want to try out the Inzer Fusion and the Titan Velocity, but im gonna give this suit another shot.

JPanella
11-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Scott, maybe since you are sponsored you can answer this.

douglasoh5
11-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Brian and jpanella Im not sponsered by elite but I do lift there and have been for a while and have tried just about every peice of dbl gear they have...the king is good but imo no better than the pro....I still use a 3 year old metal pro....and brian where did you read about the gap? I know mike z posted a comment about it but its not metal or efs. and iv talked to scott before and he wore ma suit like 3 sizes to big when he used gear

Brian Hopper
11-06-2009, 11:06 AM
It says it on the EFS website, when you click on the view details of the suit. It says it works best that way. I think it also says it in the Metal Gear Booklet. I just looked at it and it looks like I must of mis-read it, it looks like that was Matt K's opinion on how to wear it.

douglasoh5
11-06-2009, 07:41 PM
lol is all I got to say about anything matt k has to say about anything gear wise

Brian Hopper
11-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Today, I went ahead and pulled the suit all the way up in the crotch and cranked down on the straps and was able to get down to the bar. It was tough but not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I only worked up to 405 just because it was speed day. But all the sets felt the same, as far as speed and my lockout. I just wasn't feeling that much POP off the floor with the suit all the way up like that. So next time I will leave a gap and get the straps as tight as I can so I can still get down to the bar

douglasoh5
11-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Im pretty sure I told you that pulling the legs up was to help promote the lockout. pulling 405 for speed pulls is pretty easy to lockout...go heavier next time

Brian Hopper
11-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Im pretty sure I told you that pulling the legs up was to help promote the lockout. pulling 405 for speed pulls is pretty easy to lockout...go heavier next time

You did!!!! Yesterday was speed day so I wasn't planning on going over 405, I just wanted to try it out. But when I do go heavy I will let you guys know how it goes.

endymion88
11-07-2009, 05:42 PM
so a gap blasts it better off the floor and pulled into the crotch aids with lockout. gotcha learned something today :D

Brian Hopper
11-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't know if all suits are like that, but my Metal DL suit is. It was a little uncomfortable with the suit all the way up like that. I guess we are gonna have to wait and see how I do on ME Day!!!

abbcccxyyzzz
03-14-2010, 03:46 AM
so a gap blasts it better off the floor and pulled into the crotch aids with lockout. gotcha learned something today :D

Interesting! I might have to experiment with that.

What do you guys know about pulling in a suit word backwards?