PDA

View Full Version : Bench training day at TPS

vdizenzo
11-01-2009, 06:32 PM
On 11/14 I'll be heading up to TPS outside of Boston for a training day with Matt Rhodes. 910 lb. bencher Robert "Tee Tee" McCray will be joining us, as well as Karsten "DD" Luca. If you want to train with us you are welcome to do so. I think it's $20 a head to cover the gym fee and some expenses. Keep in mind, this is not a seminar. That's not to say advice won't be given, but for the most part it's just an excuse for a bunch of lifters to get together and push some heavy weight.

If you need any further information or if you just want to crank call Matt, here's his contact info: mjrhodes2@comcast.net 413-433-9026

Brian Hopper
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
That sounds like it would be bad ass!!!!! I think one of these days, I might have to make the trip and train with you guys.

ScottYard
11-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Sounds like a beastly day, and its pretty cool you guys are opening the door for some novice lifters to see how some pros do it. Boston is awesome too. I went there mid year for the Boston marathon my wife ran and had a blast.

drew
11-05-2009, 07:47 AM
If for no other reason, everyone should go to see DD with his shirt off.

Mike Pelosi
11-06-2009, 06:14 AM
This should be a good time. I'm looking forward to this, especially the bench press. I hope all lifters in the regional area decide to come up for the day. It's a great time to hit PR's and work on any issues with your lifting. People will be benching, squatting, deadlifting, so come in ready to train.

-Mike Pelosi
Total Performance Sports

Jonah
11-06-2009, 08:47 AM

You'll go blind!!

vdizenzo
11-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a beastly day, and its pretty cool you guys are opening the door for some novice lifters to see how some pros do it. Boston is awesome too. I went there mid year for the Boston marathon my wife ran and had a blast.

Wow, running a marathon is very impressive. Congrats to your wife.

Yeah, it's funny what some people will learn. Things we take for granted like wrapping our wrists properly or how to take the bar out of the rack are a struggle for some guys. When you add all the little things up, they become a big deal

As my good friend Paris Hilton says "That's hot."

This should be a good time. I'm looking forward to this, especially the bench press. I hope all lifters in the regional area decide to come up for the day. It's a great time to hit PR's and work on any issues with your lifting. People will be benching, squatting, deadlifting, so come in ready to train.

-Mike Pelosi
Total Performance Sports

Yeah, people are within driving distance, they should be there. It will be great to see you Mike.

You'll go blind!!

You haven't and you stare at him every week.

drew
11-06-2009, 01:06 PM
You haven't and you stare at him every week.

Josh also stares at himself in the mirror every day. He is immuned.

RhodeHouse
11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Anybody within driving distance should come in. So far, it looks like it's going to be a pretty good turnout. I look forward to seeing you there.

Especially you, Vincent. I miss you.

Bob
11-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Got a babysitter... and a few friends.. and heading to TPS tomorrow...
Can't wait.. should be a great day to push some small weight compared to these guys but maybe a few techique tips will sink in and I finally learn how to BP...

mastermonster
11-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a heck of a PL PARTY! To bad I'm stuck down here in the still sunny South (78 degrees today!) Hope you guys have a blast!