PDA

View Full Version : Cheap diet plan?

RinkerxX
11-02-2009, 02:31 AM
I honestly could care less what it consists of, I just need a cheap list of foods I should get that are diet worthy? Veggies and fruits are getting ridiculously high in price.. But please share an alternative? (canned? frozen?)

I don't get to much exercise now.. maybe cardio 3 times a week.. 1 hour each time..

Off Road
11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Buy your meats at the warehouse clubs like Costco. Buy the big huge packages and then devide them up at home. We buy a bunch of steaks or whatever and then seperate them, rewrap them individually, and freeze them. It saves some money and you don't have to go shopping as much.

I do the same thing with some of the veggies. I buy canned veggies by the case at Costco. You could also start a garden and grow some of your own.

skinny99
11-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I watch for specials at my local store! They do BOGO on meats during the week and have a frequent shopper card and give out coupons! I watch to make it all count. As far as specific foods,look for generic brands of canned veggies(I like green beans and spinach),frozen broccoli and cauliflower is good(especially with cheese),cottage cheese is good! Eggs are relitivly cheap and good protein. Cook larger quantities of freezable foods such as chili's and stews and freeze them and reheat them!

Unreal
11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Eggs, cottage cheese, milk, oats, rice, potatoes, pasta, peanut butter, nuts, ground beef, cereal, and the list could go on forever.

RinkerxX
11-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks I never thought of making huge portions of stews and chili's and freezing them.. Im gonna do this

skinny99
11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I am single and live alone! I have no choice or I waste tons of food!:moon:

Jayfive
11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
I honestly could care less what it consists of, I just need a cheap list of foods I should get that are diet worthy? Veggies and fruits are getting ridiculously high in price.. But please share an alternative? (canned? frozen?)

I don't get to much exercise now.. maybe cardio 3 times a week.. 1 hour each time..

Canned tuna
Chicken
Eggs
more eggs
ground beef
a few more eggs
frozen and canned veggies
peanut butter (the cheaper kind, natty is more expensive usually)
pasta (fk whole grain, if I watch 1 more commercial saying "i switched to whole grain" I'm going to gun down a puppy)
more peanut butter
if bulking, eating clean gets expensive so:
mac and cheese
hot dogs
ooodles o noodles
extra peanut butter (and marshmallow fluff, and chocolate syrup, and nanners, and bread...mmmmmm)

thereturn
11-03-2009, 04:45 PM
what about GOMAD?