PDA

View Full Version : Are my Macros O.K.?

busterdouglas
11-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I have recently started the SS rotuine and I am trying to lose fat and maintain as much muscle as possible. My previous diet was high carbs and I have not lost any weight according to the scale (200 lbs) but I am losing fat. I was told I need more protien lower carbs, so I have re-adjusted my Macros. They are:

Calories: 2155
Protien:184 grams
Fat:77 grams
Carbs:179 grams

Diet consists of 6 meals:

Meal 1
2 Eggs
2 peices of toast
1 cup whole milk

Meal 2
Protien shake

Meal 3
2 slices of ham
2 slices of bread
1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese with 2 tablespoons of mixed fruit

Meal 4
1 Can of Tuna No Mayo

Meal 5
Yogurt
1/3 cup of Almonds

Meal 6
1 Pork Chop 3 oz
Potatoe
1/2 cup of mixed Veggies
1 cup whole milk

On work out days (Mon. Wed. Fri.) I will also have another Protien shake mixed with 1 cup whole milk for my post workout shake.

So my totals on my workout days are:

Calories: 2325
Protien:218 grams
Fat:79 grams
Carbs:183 grams

I am still below my maintanace level by about 500 Cal.
Any changes I should make? Any suggestions?

busterdouglas
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Anyone...?

Unreal
11-03-2009, 11:02 AM
They look fine. Protein is >1g/lb and fat is at a decent level. Stick to it.

blackmetal
11-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Looking through the macros and meals, it looks good for a cut since your goal is to lose fat and maintain muscle. Your calorie count seems a little low to me. You might need to eat a little more of each macro to keep from starving (say 2400 calories to start). You can always lighten the calories every couple weeks as you progress.

SkyeD
11-08-2009, 11:04 AM
218g of protein is not needed my brother. The recommended amount of protain per g for a athlete is 1.4multiplied by your body weight in kg's (bw devided by 2.2). If you weighed 230 plus Id say bump it to 1.8g but you dont. Up your fat and carbs its what your atp reserves use, not protein. Protein is needed for recovery but not that much. Hope your drinking lots of water or say goodbye to your kidneys when you hit about 40.

Sean S
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
218g of protein is not needed my brother. The recommended amount of protain per g for a athlete is 1.4multiplied by your body weight in kg's (bw devided by 2.2). If you weighed 230 plus Id say bump it to 1.8g but you dont. Up your fat and carbs its what your atp reserves use, not protein. Protein is needed for recovery but not that much. Hope your drinking lots of water or say goodbye to your kidneys when you hit about 40.

For strength athletes research has shown protein intake of 1.5-2.0 g/kg can be indicated. 218 g of protein is 2.4 g/kg, which isn't that far out of range. Perhaps it's slightly more than he needs, but not enough to tell him to cut back.
There is also no evidence protein consumption at the levels being discussed here will cause any kidney problems in an otherwise healthy person. I've looked and can't find any evidence extra protein intake causes kidney damage in healthy people. If there is research that shows this I'd would love to see it.

SkyeD
11-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Want my medical bills and results from 2007? A large protein intake is not the direct cause of kidney falirue. Just like creatine is not the direct cause of cardiac arrest, but has been known to couped with other issues. There secondary causes. Want some data on it? P.m me.... I don't care to turn this persons thread into a war of opinion. He can take my advice or yours brother. Ps the rdas I'm refeering to are quoted by indapendant research teams in my 2009 nutritional appendix. Sounds like your references are from the xupplement industry my brother