PDA

View Full Version : Bench shirt advice....

Workhorse
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Ok, I have a very "elbows out" bench form true to the BB in me...lol...and I'm looking for a bench shirt to help me out here. Single ply, "flat-ish" back, elbows out style.

Some thoughts I've come across:
1. Regular Katana (not super) in a size one up from what I'd normally be sized at to allow elbow ROM
2. Metal makes some elbows out style shirts but have no personal experience with them
3. Other thoughts????

Thanks for opinions or thoughts......

Travis Bell
11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
You're probably going to have to alter your form because there really isn't a shirt out there that allows much benefit to the bb style bench

If this is your first shirt, I would not go with either the Katana or the Metal Ace. Rather I'd probably look into a Titan Fury

Brian Hopper
11-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I agree, if it's your first shirt the katana and metal shirts might be to much of a shirt. Like Travis said, the Titan Fury should work fine for you. If your a flat back bencher the go with the S/S. If you have any questions about the Fury, contact Ken Anderson. He is the man to go to when it comes to Titan gear.

Stumprrp
11-02-2009, 04:34 PM
i actually would reccomend some form work and try to get more of a PL bench down, you will bench alot more a partner of mine is getting down the low touch and leg drive and his bench went up 50 pounds already.

rage x worn high is pretty good i guess.

NickAus
11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Go with a custom made Overkill single ply, this will suit you but you will still need to tuck some at the bottom.

robchris
11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Titan Fury or Inzer Rage for a starter shirt...

Just my .02
RC

mastermonster
11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Agreed with the guys who recommend the Titan Fury and going thru Ken Anderson to get it. It is a very good shirt. The Fury was my second shirt after coming back to competition in 2001. I got the Fury in about 2003. I got well over 150 Lbs. out of it the 1st night right out of the bag! I had just come out of bodybuilding then and still had most of my BB bench habits. As I improved my technique to an extreme arch and tuck I progressed to the F-6 and then the Katana. Good luck!

Workhorse
11-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes, this would be my first shirt. I've done strongman mostly and still bench with the old BB elbows out style...I will definitely work on my form and try to tuck my elbows a bit more - as well, I'm sure this will bring out the best in any shirt I wear too.

Thanks guys, sounds good to me!!! I will look into the Fury and go from there.